Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GO HOGS,,we;re the laughing stock of football

Started by toshortrock, September 19, 2005, 05:34:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

toshortrock

i turn on the tv,,on espn,,their laughing,,i turn on news,,their laughing,,i look in the sport pages,,hell their laughing,,everybody thinks its funny how we;re getting drummed,,this is really getting out of hand,,tv;s newspapers,,hell,,old ladies,, :)
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: toshortrock on September 19, 2005, 05:34:56 pm
i turn on the tv,,on espn,,their laughing,,i turn on news,,their laughing,,i look in the sport pages,,hell their laughing,,everybody thinks its funny how we;re getting drummed,,this is really getting out of hand,,tv;s newspapers,,hell,,old ladies,, :)

I have to admit I did a little laughing myself Saturday night

Jim Harris

Quote from: Hog Bounty Hunter on September 19, 2005, 05:36:00 pm

I was there and I was laughing. Sometimes you just have to laugh.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 05:38:03 pm

Road Hogg and I were betting how long it would take USC to score each time they got the ball.  I remember one time I said 15 seconds, he said less.  He won.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Biggus Piggus

It's really something else.  It stung last week to hear the Vanderbilt chuckles.  Now this on top of it.  I never thought Houston Nutt would allow the program to get this low.  Always close to .500 was what I thought, never much better, not any worse.  But man, after 1997 and its embarrassments, whoever thought we'd be right back to the gut bucket bottom within eight seasons?  Some people did, but not many.

We cannot count on media types to tell us what we should expect or what Arkansas football can be.  They want us to be happy with diddly.  I'm talking about the excuse makers who say we'll never recruit, and the national media guys who think Arkansas shouldn't set its hopes high.  Let's build a competently coached program before we decide how far we can go.  I don't mean well drilled in simplistic football.  Playing modern football and doing it with intelligence and togetherness.  No more cheerleader crap or motivational hoohah.  Got old a long time ago.
[CENSORED]!

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 05:38:03 pm

If you don't laugh, you'll cry.  May as well go with the laugh.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

hawgfan_18

texhog

Anyone think these past two weeks would have happened if ol' Lou Holtz was the HC of the Hogs.  Say what you will, but I don't ever remember him losing really badly when he was in Fayetteville. Not like these last two.