Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Importance of Assistant Coaches?

Started by hawgdawg, September 19, 2005, 05:33:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgdawg

I wonder how important assistant coaches are. I mean USC's offense picked up right where they left off last season even though Norm Chow is no longer the off coordinator. By all accounts, our defense picked right up where we left off last season too even though we have a new def coordinator :puke:

OKC

They make or break a head coach. Quick question...who is coaching the secondary this year?

PintailKiller

Quote from: OKC on September 19, 2005, 05:40:50 pm
They make or break a head coach. Quick question...who is coaching the secondary this year?

Supposedly Chris Vaughn - safeties,  and Bobby Allen - corners.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

OKC

Flatfoot

Quote from: PintailKiller on September 19, 2005, 05:43:01 pm
Quote from: OKC on September 19, 2005, 05:40:50 pm

Supposedly Chris Vaughn - safeties, and Bobby Allen - corners.
Quote from: OKC on September 19, 2005, 05:46:11 pm
Well I bet they're busy this week.

Yeah busy licking Houston's ass trying to say it wasn't their fault.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Jim Harris

Quote from: hawgdawg on September 19, 2005, 05:33:24 pm
I wonder how important assistant coaches are. I mean USC's offense picked up right where they left off last season even though Norm Chow is no longer the off coordinator. By all accounts, our defense picked right up where we left off last season too even though we have a new def coordinator :puke:

Lane Kiffin studied under Norm Chow at BYU, and he Chow's recommendation to Pete Carroll. That's at least the way I heard it on their (USC's) radio show. Looked like Chow calling plays. Of cousre, with Leinhart, you've got a coach on the field. He can probably call his own plays. Maybe he does.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson