Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reggie Bush mocking our performance

Started by aristotle, September 19, 2005, 03:57:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aristotle

Got this off the Slop. If posted already I apologize.

http://www2.presstelegram.com/usc/ci_3041637

I like where he says playing us was "fun and easy at the same time".

I can't say I have ever been embarrassed to be a hog fan like I am at this moment. Even the UMASS b-ball game 1995, when we were #1 and got routed wasn't this bad.

We are now the stepchildren of the SEC and laughing stock of the country. NICE

TulsaHogFan

My favorite line in the whole article.

"We will play teams a lot better than Arkansas,'' offensive lineman Winston Justice added. "I thought this game was funny.''

Yea, they are in a tough division.... yea right

Razorback Jedi

And this article will show that the USC team will, at some point this season, fall on their faces. If they believe they are such superior talent than everyone else, they're not going to concentrate or play hard.

The only team that can beat USC, is USC.

TULAWHOG

Geez, their lineman said he thought playing us was "funny."  They pretty much equate playing us like playing a video game.  This is utterly embarrassing.

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: aristotle on September 19, 2005, 03:57:04 pm
Got this off the Slop. If posted already I apologize.

http://www2.presstelegram.com/usc/ci_3041637

I like where he says playing us was "fun and easy at the same time".

I can't say I have ever been embarrassed to be a hog fan like I am at this moment. Even the UMASS b-ball game 1995, when we were #1 and got routed wasn't this bad.

We are now the stepchildren of the SEC and laughing stock of the country. NICE
The Razorback Red-headed stepchildren at that.

TulsaHogFan

Hmmmm i love this comment too.

At some point that will be an issue when USC stops playing Hawaii and Arkansas, who are 0-4 against NCAA Division I-A teams

Razorback Jedi

Frankly...I'd be laughing too if I were USC.

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on September 19, 2005, 04:11:03 pm

True. Everyone I talked to outside of Hog country thought it was hilarious.

toshortrock

i'd be laughing,,hell yeah,,what u want them to do cry,,hell,,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: TULAWHOG on September 19, 2005, 04:12:27 pm

Actually, I have been laughing about it.

Hornkiller

Make no mistake... this wasn't just a shot at Arkansas, this was a shot at the SEC in general. USC got passed up for the title game in 03 in favor of a SEC team (LSU) and they hear all the national media talk about if the Trojans were in the SEC or ACC how they wouldn't dominate.

Not to mention how the media has falling in love with Texas after the Ohio State win. So this was just their friendly way of reminding all of us it doesn't matter what conference they play in or who they play, their still the 2 time national champions. And until someone can step on the feild and knock them in the teeth (and who would you pick? Texas, Florida, Virginia Tech, the Colts?) they're going to be whipping teams by 30 or 40 points every week unless they want to take a week off and only win by 10.

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on September 19, 2005, 04:20:38 pm

I laugh on the outside but deep down I'm crying like a girl with skinned knees.

Hogeye_Pierce

Yep. I'd be laughing at us too if I were in their position.

We played about like THIS on Sat. night, and I fear the prospects in Tuscaloosa this coming weekend are not much more promising. :-X >:(
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

Whataboar™

Quote from: TULAWHOG on September 19, 2005, 04:29:40 pm
Quote from: Razorback Jedi on September 19, 2005, 04:20:38 pm

I laugh on the outside but deep down I'm crying like a girl with skinned knees.
Man! It hurts to the core to read those comments.
While it angers me ... I can certainly understand why they feel that way.
We did nothing to prove otherwise.
Humbling is the word that comes to mind.  :'(
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

OKC

Lando Calrissian

He mocked our performance?

I didn't realize we even had a performance to mock.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

PAHog

What's really sad is that they're right.  Hopefully at some point (hopefully this season or next, but more likely 3-5 years from now) we'll change that perception.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Arkapigdiesel

We deserve (actually this coaching staff's recruiting abilities/game management abilities) to be chastised this year.  Nutt should be run out of town for what he has done to this m.*** program.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

bigred7987

QuoteAnd this article will show that the USC team will, at some point this season, fall on their faces. If they believe they are such superior talent than everyone else, they're not going to concentrate or play hard.
If you watch any of USC's games you will see they will ALWAYS have more energy than the other team.  On the way to the Orange bowl last year they almost tipped their bus over cuz they were going crazy, I'm sure some of you saw that tape on FSN.  Pete Carroll will not let that happen to them..I'm sure if Pete Carroll could he would get these guys to play San Diego Chargers just to humble them if he thought they were taking things to easy.  Unless Leinart throws 5 INT's, Reggie Bush and Lydale White both go out with injuries...USC doesn't get beat...not even by themselves

HaWg 10

what about that game wasn't funny? i think the first drive was probably the funniest. 3 plays to score.... now THAT is funny.
"This product that was on TV was available for four easy payments of $19.95. I would like a product that was available for three easy payments and one complicated payment. We can't tell you which payment it is, but one of these payments is going to be hard." 

"I'd like to see a forklift lift a crate of forks. It'd be so damn literal. "Hey, you're using that machine to its exact purpose!"

"Me and my friends did acid in the woods, 'cause there was much less chance of running into an authority figure. But we ran into a bear. And that is way more of a buzz kill. One of my friends was raising his right hand and swearing to prevent forest fires. Later, he came up to me and said, "Mitchell. Smokey is way more intense in person."

R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg

Flatfoot

I would mock too, hell the man could have stopped and taken a piss and still scored.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

TulsaHogFan

4 scores in 8 plays....... thats a score every two freaking plays.........