Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally back from Los Angles and a little bird informed me along the way

Started by Lanny, September 19, 2005, 03:15:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanny

That Coach Vaughn is not the recruiting coordinator and hasn't been for quite some time.  Actually at the moment Arkansas doesn't have a recruiting coordinator...............Nice.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Flatline

I guess that should have been obvious to us after Saturday night.

Bomis Hawg

Great organizational skills.  Maybe that's why they let Ealy roam free.  No one to organize things.

JJHog

let me guess, Coach Nutt is trying to do that, too.

perfect candidate for burnout
" Think Right, Do Right"

Hog Bounty Hunter

Quote from: hSv on September 19, 2005, 03:15:04 pm
That Coach Vaughn is not the recruiting coordinator and hasn't been for quite some time.  Actually at the moment Arkansas doesn't have a recruiting coordinator...............Nice.

Don't know about that but I do know they don't have coordinated recruiting.  I guess Nutt has taken that job over along with OC and head bottle washer.

Swino

Welcome back.  Maybe that is why we haven't had a commitment for such a long time.  And let me tell you, there won't be any for while with the way we are playing.

Buck Ocean

QuoteDon't know about that but I do know they don't have coordinated recruiting.

This has got to be the most logical post in modern history.  I heard that Bogus Otis took the reigns.  Operating our of Elkins via Fayettenam.
Think like a Jedi

Biggus Piggus

Nutt coordinated recruiting during Pugh's last season too.  By the end Pugh didn't have much to do at all.

Before long, I'll be surprised if they are still recruiting, period.
[CENSORED]!

Flatline

There will probably be some are uncommitted before it is all over with .

Razorod

What really concerns me is that this staff will quit recruiting if they haven't already. another reason to go ahead and make the call after the Bama game if it goes anything like the USC game.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Anti-OtisII

There is an obvious answer for this scenario.......it is becoming painfully obvious to almost everyone now (with a very few hold outs) that the talent level (especially on defense) of our recruiting over the last few years has been NO WHERE close to where it has needed to be to compete in the SEC.  Therefore, this lack of a "recruiting coordinator" is nothing more than another EXCUSE being floated out there to buy additional time for this coaching staff.  This is just another excuse similar to the one that was floated out there a few years ago when our special teams were continually fricking up......"Well, you know we don't have any one particular coach specified as the Special Teams Coordinator." (i.e. No one can be fired for doing a ** job with the special teams because we all shared in those particular duties.)  The simple answer to this is "FIRE EVERY FRICKIN ONE OF THEM" and start with the Head Coach because he is the ONE RESPONSIBLE for organizing the coaching staff and delegating duties between his staff.   

Swino

Houston is a master at politics, he is working very hard on saving his job, not recruiting.

SuperHog

Quote from: hSv on September 19, 2005, 03:15:04 pm

After watching the trainwreck that was Sat. night/Sun. morning, I don't see much if any coordination in any aspect of the football program
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

THROWITDEEP

I agree!
Quote from: Swino on September 19, 2005, 04:05:51 pm
Houston is a master at politics, he is working very hard on saving his job, not recruiting.

hog caller

coordination won't help if we keep getting the same skill level athletes

i'll call the hogs til i die but good grief charlie brown

Jim Harris

Quote from: Swino on September 19, 2005, 04:05:51 pm

he'll dream up some new cloud for us to be under. the "70-17" cloud, and Phil and Franchie are stealing our ineligible JUCO recruits because of it.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: Anti-OtisII on September 19, 2005, 04:01:06 pm
There is an obvious answer for this scenario.......it is becoming painfully obvious to almost everyone now (with a very few hold outs) that the talent level (especially on defense) of our recruiting over the last few years has been NO WHERE close to where it has needed to be to compete in the SEC. Therefore, this lack of a "recruiting coordinator" is nothing more than another EXCUSE being floated out there to buy additional time for this coaching staff. This is just another excuse similar to the one that was floated out there a few years ago when our special teams were continually fricking up......"Well, you know we don't have any one particular coach specified as the Special Teams Coordinator." (i.e. No one can be fired for doing a ** job with the special teams because we all shared in those particular duties.) The simple answer to this is "FIRE EVERY FRICKIN ONE OF THEM" and start with the Head Coach because he is the ONE RESPONSIBLE for organizing the coaching staff and delegating duties between his staff.

damn, you may be right, especially since I've heard it from someone too and that someone is close to HDN. THe recruiting outside of Mustain is sucking, as I suspect,  so let's just say that we don't have a recruiting coordinator now and that defends it.
Doesn't surprise me now at all.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

WilsonHog

I figure there's another angle to this as well.

Nutt figures there will be hell to pay over the recruiting miscues, and he doesn't want to have Chris Vaughn, one of his Murray State boys, take the heat for it.   

HogInMemphis

Quote from: WilsonHog on September 19, 2005, 06:31:20 pm
I figure there's another angle to this as well.

Nutt figures there will be hell to pay over the recruiting miscues, and he doesn't want to have Chris Vaughn, one of his Murray State boys, take the heat for it.   

They'll all take the heat for it....they'll all be fired by end of season.  No one (Broyles, White, Lindsey, et al) is so stupid as to accept this kind of bumbling, stumbling, excuse-ridden operation of a football program that brings in millions of dollars each year.

It's either Nutt gone or a lot of fans and interest gone. I'm putting my money on Nutt being the loser.

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on September 19, 2005, 07:40:45 pm
By the end of the year we'll have players hating players and coaches, coaches hating each other, and everyone hating Nutt.  Mark my word.

We don't have to wait for the end of the year.   I think we already have players hating coaches and at least some strong dislike between coaches.  Herring is not the answer nor could he ever be when he is forced to work with complete bumbling idiots on this staff.  I'm not sure his style could work with this team anyway, but I doubt he is getting any support from the assistants under him (which aren't really under him) when you have everyone running back to "daddy" to complain.

Arkapigdiesel

They'll all take the heat for it....they'll all be fired by end of season. No one (Broyles, White, Lindsey, et al) is so stupid as to accept this kind of bumbling, stumbling, excuse-ridden operation of a football program that brings in millions of dollars each year.

It's either Nutt gone or a lot of fans and interest gone. I'm putting my money on Nutt being the loser.
HIM, you are right.  Nutt will be the loser at season end.  Two back to back losing seasons, the poor recruiting classes, and the downward spiral that he has caused at The U of A will spell his doom come November.  Why don't people stop the conspiracy theories and look at the cold hard facts?

Nutt is gone.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Oklahawg

The start of recruiting was solid. Seven plus-skilled recruits. A couple of problems popped up in the process of getting to two-a-days, when recruiting/committing almost shuts down for a while.

Problem #1: we were recruiting towards a target of 14-16 commits, withholding offers on a few worthy candidates too long. These are guys that would have committed and allowed the staff to focus on other players. Now, we are having to stand toe-to-toe with folks and swim upstream at the same time. Not a good combination.
Problem #2: we thought we had a number of problems "solved" on the field and they are not. We have virtual empty sets at CB and S on the wish lists. Year 3. We are scrambling for TEs. Year 4. What originally looked like an OL getting itself in order is now, once again, perilously thin. Year 8. We are now scrambling for impact DT, the scarcest commodity out there. Year 5.
Problem #3: HDN has a track record of quitting recruiting to try and stop on-field concerns. Witness the shutdown of recruiting in the 0-for-Octobers. Now, we are faced with a virtual 0-for-September and 0-for-October. Yikes.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra