Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

winning season?

Started by Ramble on Barbershop, September 19, 2005, 02:57:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramble on Barbershop

was readin the poll and it asked ( do you think arkansas after a 1-2 start on the season do you think they can still have a winning season?) what do ppl refer to as a winnin season? me somehting like 8-9 wins a season is a winnin season for me anyhting below that nope.
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

Jim Harris

Quote from: fathawgin on September 19, 2005, 02:57:56 pm
was readin the poll and it asked ( do you think arkansas after a 1-2 start on the season do you think they can still have a winning season?) what do ppl refer to as a winnin season? me somehting like 8-9 wins a season is a winnin season for me anyhting below that nope.

no. I see five wins at the most. SC, Ole Miss maybe and M-State.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 04:35:46 pm
Quote from: fathawgin on September 19, 2005, 02:57:56 pm

no. I see five wins at the most. SC, Ole Miss maybe and M-State.

I agree... That's all folks.

SuperHog

4-7.  Either Oregeon or Spurrier outwits the nutt.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

Ramble on Barbershop

no sorry guys if i messed this post up what i am askin folks is this what is a winning season to you?
member # 407

You are no better than anyone, you are just as good but no better, be HUMBLE and you will see the difference in relationships. He who can be carefree yet mindful at the same time, has found the secret of living in enlightened PEACE.

PAHog

I see 4-7 with wins over ULM, and the Mississippi schools.  Looks like Nov 19th may be dubbed "The Battle for the Bottom."
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

Jim Harris

Quote from: SuperHog on September 19, 2005, 04:42:24 pm
4-7. Either Oregeon or Spurrier outwits the nutt.

the reason I say  maybe on Ole Miss is that we've won ONCE in Oxford and it took a freak running sandlot plays to accomplish it.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Brett Hitman Hog

The only thing Spurrier can do is throw the ball .. so I'm not too optomistic about that game either.

Jim Harris

Quote from: The Hitman on September 19, 2005, 05:02:01 pm
The only thing Spurrier can do is throw the ball .. so I'm not too optomistic about that game either.

If we don't implode as a team, and right now that is a big if, it seems like we could run all day on South Carolina. So, if we keep it out of their hands ....

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 05:02:59 pm
Quote from: The Hitman on September 19, 2005, 05:02:01 pm

If we don't implode as a team, and right now that is a big if, it seems like we could run all day on South Carolina. So, if we keep it out of their hands ....

The problem is going to come this Saturday when Bama beats us something along the lines of 49-17.  Shula has no love lost for Nutt, and he will score as much as he can.  Once we are massacred again on TV, then the entire program is going to implode.

There may not be a change in store now, but there will be no way to stop it with another humiliating loss on TV.  As much as I hate to say it, that has a great likelyhood of happening now.

Just my opinion, but Nutt can't survive Bama week.