Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Truth About NC State

Started by PennHOG, September 19, 2005, 02:57:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PennHOG

I have a good friend that is an NC State football nutt.  He was so mad that NC State let Herring go.  However, I was just talking to him and his comments was as follows:

Yeah, actually the truth came out.  Mario Williams and Manny Lawson turned out to be the talent driving our defense...and we still have them so our defense is still pretty good, although we lost to VT in the first gamePenalties ate us up, though.

Arkansas will be back. SEC is a tough conference again...as usual.

So was Herrings #1 defense a result of good defensive coordinating or was it talent?  I think we're starting to see the answer to that question already.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Madgun

Most coaches are always as good as their talent level.  Herring's done some wild position changes (bringing guys over from the offense and such).  I think his intention was to start from scratch and build from the ground up.  Apparently, he might not have time to do that. 

sage_dragoon

I see Herring molding his players to fit his defensive scheme. I don't know if that is the best thing to do. I would like to see him adjust his scheme to fit the talent(what there is of it). Maybe this is why we have had a gimmick-like scheme the past few years. Just trying to cover up our main weaknesses.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

ReturnToDynasty?

It's clear that we are deviod of talent. 

Razorback Jedi

Great talent can make a average coach look very good or gret.
Average talent can make a great coach look average.

Bottom line? Talent wins.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: sage_dragoonI see Herring molding his players to fit his defensive scheme.

Herring has a "scheme"?

When is he going to unveil it?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

TULAWHOG

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on September 19, 2005, 04:12:48 pm
Great talent can make a average coach look very good or gret.
Average talent can make a great coach look average.

Bottom line? Talent wins.
Completely agree.  I don't care what scheme you have, it comes down to R. Bush, S. Smith etc. running 4.3 or better and M. Coe running 4.5.  That explains why he got burned all last year, this year by vandy, SC and whoever else we play better than any scheme or Def coordinator.  You could likely make a similar argument for each position all throughout the defense. Herrings nor any other scheme has much of a chance when talent is lopsided.  Mizz St may have the best Def. Coordinator in the land but no one would ever know after he played us b/c our offensive line will blow their Def line off the ball all day.

THROWITDEEP