Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When will the axe come down??

Started by giveittoHillis, September 19, 2005, 01:30:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

giveittoHillis

Any thoughts on when JFB will pull the trigger on this???

I think if we get blown out at Bama he will pull the trigger right then and there after that game. Plus we get a bye week after bama which gives whomever (Butch Davis) 2 weeks to come in and prepare for ULM.

It would have to be a blowout though, something like 48-55 to 10-13 something like that.

any thoughts??

PAHog

I don't thin Broyles will swallow his pride and fire Nutt mid-season (he said Nutt was his man regardless of the outcome of the season).  He'll wait until the end of the season to do anything.  Expect a resignation the Monday after Thanksgiving and a humiliating loss in Death Valley.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

S.P.A.M. Hog

Quote from: giveittoHillis on September 19, 2005, 01:30:47 pm

I think if we get blown out at Bama he will pull the trigger right then and there after that game. Plus we get a bye week after bama which gives whomever (Butch Davis) 2 weeks to come in and prepare for ULM.

It would have to be a blowout though, something like 48-55 to 10-13 something like that.

any thoughts??

First, the worst mistake JFB could make would be to fire Nutt. The second would be to fire Nutt during the season. The third would be to hire Butch.

JFB has said he made a mistake when he pulled the trigger during the season....I won't bore you with the details....
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

GrizzledHogFan

September 19, 2005, 01:42:39 pm #3 Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 01:47:02 pm by gmb_79
Quote from: Hogfanjr on September 19, 2005, 01:40:19 pm

any thoughts??

First, the worst mistake JFB could make would be to fire Nutt. The second would be to fire Nutt during the season. The third would be to hire Butch.

JFB has said he made a mistake when he pulled the trigger during the season....I won't bore you with the details....

The worst mistake JFB could make would be waiting until after we get destroyed at Bama to fire HDN.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

SultanofSwine

I guess you think things are fine in Hogland? Do the anal rappings not bother you in the least? Does it not bother you that the football program is THE laughing stock in all of college football? Do you honestly think it will ever get better under Nutt? If so. how tall was the tree and who was the bastard that pushed you out and will go take care of him.

My post is too Jr.

junkyardhog

any thoughts??

I honestly cannot believe I am saying this, but I hope Bama beats us as bad as USC did. Maybe, then they will fire his ass.

Cornhogio

Quote from: PAHog on September 19, 2005, 01:33:40 pm
I don't thin Broyles will swallow his pride and fire Nutt mid-season (he said Nutt was his man regardless of the outcome of the season). He'll wait until the end of the season to do anything. Expect a resignation the Monday after Thanksgiving and a humiliating loss in Death Valley.

I wonder if LSU will try to score more on us than USC did. 
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

GorillaJMonsoon

Houston Houston
He's our man,
He can do it...
Yes he can.

I agree only if "it" is losing to Vandy at home.

giveittoHillis

I think he needs to go ahead and get it over with. I know he did it with Kines and said it was a mistake, but the only reason we are in this position now is cause of poor recruiting. You think the recruits are gonna roll in despite Mitch giving us a verbal if we go 2-9 this year, which is not only possible but probable now that we know how bad the defense is.

I think JFB needs to go ahead and let him go after Bama, its what the majority of the fanbase wants. If he gets Davis then fine let Davis have the team from the ULM game on, crap maybe they will go 5-2 for the last part of the season. That should keep a ton of recruits interested and with a new coach and a shred of dignity left from going 6-5 and a low low tier bowl, then we may can recover.

Jim Harris

any thoughts??

Broyles doesn't make the decisions anymore. When are y'all going to realize that. Broyles wanted to fire Heath in March, said it to several people, but wasn't allowed to.
Only Jim Lindsey can fire the coach.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

SultanofSwine

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: Cornhogio on September 19, 2005, 01:46:13 pm
I don't thin Broyles will swallow his pride and fire Nutt mid-season (he said Nutt was his man regardless of the outcome of the season). He'll wait until the end of the season to do anything. Expect a resignation the Monday after Thanksgiving and a humiliating loss in Death Valley.

Hey, that could at least make things competitive for the people that play us.  Let's see who can score the most points against Arkansas.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

giveittoHillis

If Frank wants him gone
If the fanbase wants him gone
If the players have lost all faith in the coach (coming soon, after Bama)

Then why the hell do you wait......

Flatline

Any thoughts on when JOB will pull the trigger on this???

any thoughts??

First, the worst mistake JOB could make would be to fire Nutt. The second would be to fire Nutt during the season. The third would be to hire Butch.

JOB has said he made a mistake when he pulled the trigger during the season....I won't bore you with the details....

Answer my question?  Butch Davis has coached on a national championship team and a superbowl championship team.  How is Nutt more qualified than Davis?

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: giveittoHillis on September 19, 2005, 01:55:31 pm
If Frank wants him gone

Then we would have nothing to talk about on the message boards for awhile.  Like they say, any press is good press.  So I guess any posts are good posts, even if they are bad posts, like firing Nutt, but that would be good.  Ouch, I've given myself a head ache.

JFB, just fire the man!

junkyardhog

Quote from: giveittoHillis on September 19, 2005, 01:55:31 pm
If Frank wants him gone

It doesn't matter. The only people who matter are the ones buying the skyboxes ;)

junkyardhog

wishful thinking bacon.

Think about this, do you honestly think the hill could keep something like that, secret?

No way!

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

giveittoHillis

Didnt someone say the Frank had Butch at the USC game with him???

Any truth to this??

Flatfoot

No Butch was with his son flew over with John Tyson and his son
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Hawgzilla

Quote from: Cornhogio on September 19, 2005, 01:46:13 pm

Hopefully NUMBNUTTS coaches his last game in Redstick,make his sorry ass carry the Boot to the LSU Football office by himself.......

FIRE NUMBNUTTS ASS..........

giveittoHillis

Man, imagine the conversations on that plane......

giveittoHillis

Flatfoot

On November 25, 2005 the Saturday after the LSU game.  Nutt will be neutered!
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

artyhog

Luckly there were worse losses this past weekend.  Stanford got beat by Cal St Davidson, a D1AA team.  Jim Rome mentioned that USC won during his opening.  Then he went on a tirade about that loss by Stanford is the wort loss in College Football history.

Chuck Beavers

Quote from: artyhog on September 19, 2005, 02:34:37 pm
Cal St Davidson
That would be UC Davis - University of California at Davis. Good medical school. I live an hour from them and didn't even know they had a football team. Cal State is a different system, but no Davidson.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: drakehog on September 19, 2005, 01:47:04 pm

any thoughts??

Broyles doesn't make the decisions anymore. When are y'all going to realize that. Broyles wanted to fire Heath in March, said it to several people, but wasn't allowed to.
Only Jim Lindsey can fire the coach.
That's been fairly obvious for a few years now regarding Broyles.  Wonder when someone else will step in and tell Lindsey that Nutt is going to be fired whether he likes it or not?

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: HogInMemphis on September 19, 2005, 03:04:41 pm
Wonder when someone else will step in and tell Lindsey that Nutt is going to be fired whether he likes it or not?

When 1/3 of the fans show up at the Auburn game wearing black instead of red or white.  The black will show beyond a shadow of a doubt where the empty seats will be next year if the AD and/or BOT doesn't make the hard decision to fire HDN.   

Jim Harris

Quote from: Flatline on September 19, 2005, 01:58:19 pm
Any thoughts on when JOB will pull the trigger on this???

any thoughts??

First, the worst mistake JOB could make would be to fire Nutt. The second would be to fire Nutt during the season. The third would be to hire Butch.

JOB has said he made a mistake when he pulled the trigger during the season....I won't bore you with the details....

Answer my question? Butch Davis has coached on a national championship team and a superbowl championship team. How is Nutt more qualified than Davis?

Nutt was no more qualified when he got the job than Jack Crowe would be now if we hired him: both won back-to-back Ohio Valley championships, including winning the league with an undefeated record, including being the first to win at the school on that level, including being eliminated early in the NCAA playoffs, and both had losing records in their D-1A stopover. Crowe's of course, was at Arkansas. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson