Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting quote from McFadden in the demozette

Started by Boarcephus, September 19, 2005, 06:33:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boarcephus

"The game last week was a close game, and we didn't have any experience carrying theball or anything.  He felt like we were ready to play this week."   

This whole board has grossly underestemated the abilities of this staff.   In only a single week of practice they've managed to instill enough experience that enabled two bumbling freshmen who weren't good enough a week ago to earn but a single carry each against a mighty Vanderbilt team to combine for 25 carries and 154 yards vs the number one team in the country.   This staff needs a helluva raise.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Biggus Piggus

It was Decker.  Man's a miracle worker.  Just wait till they're sophomores.  Arkansas running backs typically blossom as sophomores.
[CENSORED]!

SultanofSwine

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: MikeThrel on September 19, 2005, 09:49:07 am
I believe that HDN was thinking that Vandy was a close game and a fumble by a Freshman running back could be a turning point in the game and he wasn't willing to take the chance. Against USC, it wouldn't have mattered if the backs fumbled or not, or whether they fumbeled at our 1 yd line or the USC 1 yd line, USC was going to score a TD in 2 or 3 plays; so why not let the Freshmen play and get some experience.

Really?  No kidding?

(sorry, couldnt resist)

rricha

For all of you mad fans you may be mad for along time to come.  The future don't look good.

Jerry Swinefeld

Quote from: MikeThrel on September 19, 2005, 10:02:12 am
Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on September 19, 2005, 09:53:10 am

Really? No kidding?

(sorry, couldnt resist)

What's your problem butthead?

My point was that I think HDN had decided that before the game ever started since Jones started and not DHoward or Hillis. He and the staff knew what was going to happen and had given up before the game ever started. Otherwise, just like he has always done, he would've stuck with is safe and sure (in his mind) running backs.

Jones and DMc proved that they can run the ball without fumbling, DMc even took a couple of pretty good hits and held onto the ball. I remember Jones fumbling once but he recovered it himself.

I was joking and I apologized in advance. You don't have to call me names!

J_Ville_Devils_Den

Quote from: MikeThrel on September 19, 2005, 09:49:07 am
I believe that HDN was thinking that Vandy was a close game and a fumble by a Freshman running back could be a turning point in the game and he wasn't willing to take the chance. Against USC, it wouldn't have mattered if the backs fumbled or not, or whether they fumbeled at our 1 yd line or the USC 1 yd line, USC was going to score a TD in 2 or 3 plays; so why not let the Freshmen play and get some experience.

Like Freshmen fumbling is worst than all everything Peyton Hillis fumbling.
Member Number:  #329

Major Payne: Do not attempt to valid my authority. I have eight weeks to turn you gaggling maggots into a well-discipline cadet unit. From this day forward your sorry asses belong to me. You will not eat, sleep, drink, blow your nose or dig in your buts without my say so. Know this, killing is my business, ladies, and business is good.

GorillaJMonsoon

Mike,

Maybe you should be asking this question to Nutt.  If he was worried about fumbles, then why play Hillis who had 2 the week before?  Why take two weapons out of our arsenal and sit them on the bench and take away from our strength which is the running game.  Vandy couldn't stop Wake Forest's BACKUP RB form going for 254 the week before but we couldn't get more than 200 against them as a TEAM?  Come on, Nutt didnt take advantage of our strength and Vandy's weakness and it cost us the game.  Now we are 0-1 in conference.

CarolinaHog1176

I'm still wondering how P. Hillis is going to be mixed in to the passing game.  yea, he's made a catch or two here and there, but he hasn't exactly run the ball very well nor catch the ball many times.... so where does the "all everything hillis" title come in?  doesn't that have to be earned?
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

J_Ville_Devils_Den

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on September 19, 2005, 11:01:28 am
I'm still wondering how P. Hillis is going to be mixed in to the passing game. yea, he's made a catch or two here and there, but he hasn't exactly run the ball very well nor catch the ball many times.... so where does the "all everything hillis" title come in? doesn't that have to be earned?

The "All Everything Peyton Hillis" comes from all the reports that we were fed in the off season on how he was going to be all over the field doing everything.  Get in positions to cause mismatches.  Hasn't happened yet.  That's including the Missouri State game.

Major Payne: Do not attempt to valid my authority. I have eight weeks to turn you gaggling maggots into a well-discipline cadet unit. From this day forward your sorry asses belong to me. You will not eat, sleep, drink, blow your nose or dig in your buts without my say so. Know this, killing is my business, ladies, and business is good.

CorningHog

I still think Hillis can do this, just not as a "featured" back in a one back offense.  Move Hillis to H-back or TE and when we run a two TE formation, get him out there to catch a pass.

D Howard at TB is a joke.  The yards he gained were holes against teams that Arkansas should have handily whipped.  Except Nutt keeps fretting he is either going to have turnovers or have a senior back upset at him.

I always thought putting your best runners in a "rushing" attack was the goal.  It is not even close when you compare Howard to Jones or McFadden.

Now, Nutt gets to start gameplanning against Alabama.  He used D Howard 10 times for 4 net yards against USC and you saw how the freshmen performed!  Duh?

Nutt will be so stubborn at times, he hates to be wrong.  I expect he will run Howard again against Bama to prove the fans and sportswriters wrong!  Expect more of the same until the 2nd Qtr, when Jones & McFadden run wild on Bama.

I just hope our OL can withstand the stupidity!

Oh, I thought it was hilarious that McFadden was quoted saying, coach thought last week would be a close game, so we weren't experienced enough to carry it last week.

Well, against the mighty #1 Trojans he had to finally use them, because Hillis & Howard were getting ate up in the running game.  ONLY when he put the Frosh backs in, did he get production from the running game.

THIS makes me the maddest, I could have tolerated being 1-0 in the SEC and losing so badly to Vandy.  But sitting the two backs in our offense and running Howard was such a dumb thing and then he showed us what was his mistakes but will not admit it!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

J_Ville_Devils_Den

I still do not understand what makes HDN think that Hillis or Howard are SEC tailbacks.  Both of them would make great full time fullbacks.  Howard runs as if he is scared to get hit, right before he gets hit he slows down for the impact and then tries to out power the defense.

I just hoping that the Freshmen now have enough experience for the rest of the season!