Started by Idahog, December 24, 2007, 07:05:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazrBakr

Just can't help smiling these days!!!

DocJones

Quote from: RazrBakr on December 24, 2007, 12:21:31 pm
aTm officials are "giddy"? 

giddy = GAY

Just remember that the author of that article is a sip.  I imagine giddy is word he uses pretty often.

SigHog87

maumellebyrd

Quote from: CallMeHog on December 24, 2007, 09:42:09 am
Can't be any worse than where the Arkansas State Fair is held in Little Rock. This is the kind of big time deal
Arkansas has been needing. WPS!

The smelliest 50,000 people you will EVER see.

Hawgustus Maximus

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on December 24, 2007, 09:36:41 am
This is huge . . . . Arkansas is finally doing some things and making some decisions that say we want to be a big time football school. 

You mean we are finally becoming proactive with our actions and decisions in a way that leaves no doubt or room for argument by the self appointed pundits that we are and have been for many decades an elite big time program hampered only by our small state status and a few bad decisions over the years.

Jimmy

This will become a non-negotiable annual event for my ballgame crew.   Can't wait!!!

Tusks

I think the hogs are 24-16 all time against the ags.....someone can verify that if they want.

I think its great....I'll be flying into dallas from the ATL for this one.

Its seem the mid cities....arlington.....grand prarie etc are become nothing but a big amusment park play ground between dallas and fw.

The money is great to.....great decision and go hogs.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

taintlint

Quote from: nutted on December 24, 2007, 01:53:18 pm
I think the hogs are 24-16 all time against the ags.....someone can verify that if they want.

I think its great....I'll be flying into dallas from the ATL for this one.

Its seem the mid cities....arlington.....grand prarie etc are become nothing but a big amusment park play ground between dallas and fw.

The money is great to.....great decision and go hogs.

38-24-3

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/big12/texas_a&m/vs_conf_opponents_records.php?teamid=175&confid=177

ATLHogcallin

Stadium opens for the 2009 NFL season.  The 2011 Super Bowl will be played there.  Arkansas-Texas A&M will be the first college game ever played there and one of the first games ever.

Landonhog

Quote from: want2be on December 24, 2007, 09:51:14 am
Can someone attach the link that has drawing and description of the new stadiium.....It's got to be awesome if a billion$ is spent.

Thanks for the connection Jerry !!

Now go get McFadden or Jones

http://www.manhattanconstruction.com/projects/wip/dallas/dallas_cowboys_full.htm

sasnakrafan

dragonfan

this stadium is going to be located right next to where the rangers ballpark is over by six flags. I cant wait for this baby!! go hogs

Hogndog36

Quote from: Fisticuffs on December 24, 2007, 11:25:01 am
Any trophies awarded?

yea a 5 million $$$ payout. We get to kick some ass and get a nice pay check for it. Go Hogs
Smite me..... HAHA Smite me

taintlint

Almost our entire coaching staff will have their salaries paid by one game.

Here is my question...............

Where does this 10 million (5 for us, 5 for them) come from? It won't be ticket sales unless tickets are 1500.00 a piece. Jerry World is going to get more than their fair share of revenue too. It's probably too early for a sponsor to throw up 10 Million and stamp their name on match-up  between 2 nationally insignificant programs.

Where is the $$$$$ coming from?

SwinerBock

Quote from: taintlint on December 24, 2007, 04:40:33 pm
Almost our entire coaching staff will have their salaries paid by one game.

Here is my question...............

Where does this 10 million (5 for us, 5 for them) come from? It won't be ticket sales unless tickets are 1500.00 a piece. Jerry World is going to get more than their fair share of revenue too. It's probably too early for a sponsor to throw up 10 Million and stamp their name on match-up  between 2 nationally insignificant programs.

Where is the $$$$$ coming from?
100,000 tickets X $100 per ticket = $10 million.  Chances are the tickets will actually go for more than $100 a pop.  Then, once you add in concessions, souvenirs, and people spending money in the surrounding area (hotels, restaurants, etc), I don't think Jerry Jones is going to consider this a bad investment by any stretch of the imagination.  Understand that not only will he be building this stadium, but that he will probably have a hand in any and all development that goes on around the stadium as well.

MajorLance

Quote from: SwinerBock on December 24, 2007, 05:00:12 pm
100,000 tickets X $100 per ticket = $10 million.  Chances are the tickets will actually go for more than $100 a pop.  Then, once you add in concessions, souvenirs, and people spending money in the surrounding area (hotels, restaurants, etc), I don't think Jerry Jones is going to consider this a bad investment by any stretch of the imagination.  Understand that not only will he be building this stadium, but that he will probably have a hand in any and all development that goes on around the stadium as well.

...not to mention whatever TV deal comes packaged with it...thus extra ca$h from whatever network in addition to the above.
Excellent decision for the Hogs...I live in the metroplex and will gladly pay the ticket prices they ask & maybe trade in one of our two annual trips to Fayetteville....though nothing beats game day at RRS for me...Go Hogs Go!
People are strange when you're a stranger...

reddogjcss

taintlint

December 24, 2007, 06:27:42 pm #68 Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 06:53:23 pm by taintlint
Quote from: SwinerBock on December 24, 2007, 05:00:12 pm

Well, the place only sits 80,000 when every suite, stand, and wheelchair slot is available so 100,000 people is a tad more than a stretch. There are also obvious operating cost and NO ONE, not even Jesus himself, says "here is a free place to play and while you're at it take home 100% of ticket sales".

Also, Jerry does not own the local economy so toss that out the window.

It's a good question. Where is a 10 Million dollar payday coming from? OU/Texas do not make that kind of money and they are EXTREMELY more marketable and significant than us with 100 years of opportunity to gain sponsors.

Some one is putting up some cash and I'm curious who.

Sivad

Another nice Christmas present from Jerry Jones.

First, Mr. Jones helped with the super hire of Coach Petrino, now this blockbuster game which will help the program in so many areas.

Many thanks Mr. Cowboy!

VenturaHog

Quote from: taintlint on December 24, 2007, 06:27:42 pm
Well, the place only sits 80,000 when every suite, stand, and wheelchair slot is available so 100,000 people is a tad more than a stretch. There are also obvious operating cost and NO ONE, not even Jesus himself, says "here is a free place to play and while you take home 100% of ticket sales".

It's a good question. Where is a 10 Million dollar payday coming from? OU/Texas do not make that kind of money and they are EXTREMELY more marketable and significant than us with 100 years of opportunity to gain sponsors.

Taint, +1 for your comments in this thread. The only Idea I have is that maybe its a conglomeration of boosters/corperate sponsers throwing in cash to sweeten the pot?
aTm and Arkansas both have some serious boosters.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: That is great! See you in Dallas! Go!Hogs!Go!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

IZAHOG

SwinerBock

December 24, 2007, 08:06:21 pm #73 Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 08:12:07 pm by SwinerBock
Well, the place only sits 80,000 when every suite, stand, and wheelchair slot is available so 100,000 people is a tad more than a stretch. There are also obvious operating cost and NO ONE, not even Jesus himself, says "here is a free place to play and while you're at it take home 100% of ticket sales".

I thought I had read somewhere that normally it would sit 80,000, but that additional seating could be had for certain occasions to bring it up to the 100,000 mark.  I could be wrong, though.

Regardless, you are probably right.  I doubt ticket prices alone will cover the full $10 mil.

Here was the original news link...http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/112607dnspotamuark.3b62e4e4.html

prairiehogcompanion

This series, in this venue, for this kind of money, is just simply off the charts fantastic!

31to6

Quote from: Fisticuffs on December 24, 2007, 11:25:01 am
Any trophies awarded?
Before we fired the last coach, I heard he was going to have rings made that declared the winners the #2 best team in Texas!

hoglady

Quote from: razorback903 on December 24, 2007, 09:04:22 am
It's close to downtown Dallas.  I hear things can get kind of hairy after dark.  I imagine during the day it is fine.

I was in Dallas during the fair this year and it is really fantastic. Parking is rough. But once you're in it was really nice, very clean including the bathrooms. Police were everywhere, I'd be surprised if they have many problems. Even some of the ride entrances are landscaped with potted plants and greenery - I laughed when I saw that and thought those plants might last 1 hour in Little Rock, before they all walked out the entrance.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

bigt05

This is a great way to re-new an old rivalry

Maybe they will become the new Texas so we can have a rivalry thats not so one-sided

Hawgvillain

The article says they make $4.7M each.  My guess is that ticket sales + parking + concessions + media sponsorship > $10M.  I, for one, believe that ticket prices will be far over $100 per game.  Heck, the cotton bowl tickets are $90 and it's a dump.  You can probably find this information somewhere - but I have heard that season tickets in Jerry's World are going to run around $5,000.  Don't be surprised to see ticket prices for this game around $150 - if not higher...

HoginHouston

Go Hogs Go.

BigDave70

With those stats both teams should be even
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

kratter

Quote from: taintlint on December 24, 2007, 10:55:10 am
TEXAS A&M
648-419-48 60% (FIRST GAME 1894)

ARKANSAS
636-434-40 59% (FIRST GAME 1894)

ARKANSAS
leads head to head 38-24-3

TEXAS A&M
STADIUM 80,200

ARKANSAS
STADIUM 72,656

TEXAS A&M
10+ WIN SEASONS  11

ARKANSAS
10+ WIN SEASONS  10

TEXAS A&M
2 NATIONAL TITLES ('19,'39), 19 CONFERENCE OR DIVISION TITLES

ARKANSAS
1 NATIONAL TITLE ('64), 16 CONFERENCE OR DIVISON TITLES

TEXAS A&M
29 BOWLS, 13-16-0

ARKANSAS
35 BOWLS, 11-21-3

TEXAS A&M
RECORD AGAINST TEXAS  35-73-5 33%

ARKANSAS
RECORD AGAINST TEXAS  21-55  27%

TEXAS A&M
RECORD AGAINST BIG 12  192-177-15  52%

ARKANSAS
RECORD AGAINST BIG 12  161-151-7  51%

TEXAS A&M
RECORD AGAINST SEC  58-75-6  43%

ARKANSAS
RECORD AGAINST SEC  93-116-5 44%

TEXAS A&M
FORBES #17 MOST VALUABLE FOOTBALL PROGRAM (Value: $50 million Profit: $20.5 million)
http://www.forbes.com/2007/11/20/notre-dame-fooball-biz-sports-cx_ps_1120collegeball_slide_14.html?thisSpeed=15000

ARKANSAS
FORBES #16 MOST VALUABLE FOOTBALL PROGRAM (Value: $53 million Profit: $19.3 million)
http://www.forbes.com/2007/11/20/notre-dame-fooball-biz-sports-cx_ps_1120collegeball_slide_14.html?thisSpeed=15000

TEXAS A&M
ALL TIME RANK #22 http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/big12/texas_a&m/rankings.php

ARKANSAS
ALL TIME RANK #26 http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/arkansas/rankings.php

Our two programs are mirror images of each other. They are as close as two 113 year old programs can get.

Fantastic post, I find these stats amazing.
Aim for Greatness, you'll reach Greatness at best, Mediocrity at worst.
Aim for Mediocrity, you'll reach Mediocrity at best, Failure at worst.
-Kratter, 2004

CORZRBACKFAN

This is an absolute win-win for both UA and aTm, and I am really looking forward to this series commencing. Two great programs playing in what will be the nicest stadium America has ever known. Not only are these two programs mirror images of each other, these are two of the most passionate fan bases in the United States. Ags are usually really nice people, and our recruiting exposure in Texas will be through the roof. JJ has done a huge solid for his alma mater here, and I definitely appreciate his vision on this one. Go Hogs!
-"One has to learn havin' fun is just smilin' through
those changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes. "

-Jimmy Buffett

HoginHouston

When discussing where the 5 million for each school will come from, do not forget the significant revenue generated by the luxury suites. There are enough of them to accomodate 15,000 people. You can guarantee those won't be going for 100 a pop. Jerry and the schools will make a ton of money from those. 5 mil to each school should leave plenty left over when you factor in high ticket prices, luxury suites, concessions, and tv.
Go Hogs Go.

jmingram911

Quote from: taintlint on December 24, 2007, 10:55:10 am
TEXAS A&M
648-419-48 60% (FIRST GAME 1894)

ARKANSAS
636-434-40 59% (FIRST GAME 1894)

ARKANSAS
leads head to head 38-24-3

TEXAS A&M
STADIUM 80,200

ARKANSAS
STADIUM 72,656

TEXAS A&M
10+ WIN SEASONS  11

ARKANSAS
10+ WIN SEASONS  10

TEXAS A&M
2 NATIONAL TITLES ('19,'39), 19 CONFERENCE OR DIVISION TITLES

ARKANSAS
1 NATIONAL TITLE ('64), 16 CONFERENCE OR DIVISON TITLES

TEXAS A&M
29 BOWLS, 13-16-0

ARKANSAS
35 BOWLS, 11-21-3

TEXAS A&M
RECORD AGAINST TEXAS  35-73-5 33%

ARKANSAS
RECORD AGAINST TEXAS  21-55  27%

TEXAS A&M
RECORD AGAINST BIG 12  192-177-15  52%

ARKANSAS
RECORD AGAINST BIG 12  161-151-7  51%

TEXAS A&M
RECORD AGAINST SEC  58-75-6  43%

ARKANSAS
RECORD AGAINST SEC  93-116-5 44%

TEXAS A&M
FORBES #17 MOST VALUABLE FOOTBALL PROGRAM (Value: $50 million Profit: $20.5 million)

ARKANSAS
FORBES #16 MOST VALUABLE FOOTBALL PROGRAM (Value: $53 million Profit: $19.3 million)

TEXAS A&M
ALL TIME RANK #22 http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/big12/texas_a&m/rankings.php

ARKANSAS
ALL TIME RANK #26 http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_ia/sec/arkansas/rankings.php

Our two programs are mirror images of each other. They are as close as two 113 year old programs can get.

Great job!!  Thanks for the comparisons.