Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I got a feeling bp is about to make is first bad move!

Started by shel227, December 21, 2007, 03:25:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogdomer

Quote from: hog_fan on December 21, 2007, 04:28:34 pm

I guess nutt is going to hire all defensive coaches. He screwed campbell over and campbell is following makes zero sense to me. NUtt put him back in the office in favor of vaughn

Maybe Campbell doesn't think Nutt "screwed him over."

jimmur74

Coach P relied on somebody to help him in making the decision to retain Allen and send Campbell packing.  Wasn"t Reggie, he appointed Campbell interim DC.  White? Who knows.  All I know is that South Arkansas is sad today.  LC is a native son and for him to be wanted in Ole Piss and not Fayetteville is almost too much to bear.

ntubjr

hog_fan

Quote from: Hogdomer on December 21, 2007, 05:32:32 pm
Maybe Campbell doesn't think Nutt "screwed him over."

Consideirng he didn't wanna move back to the office and nUtt was mforced him to so Vaughn could coach i would say he did. after 10 years, nutt finally figures out Campbell is a good coach.

PorkSoda

Quote from: shel227 on December 21, 2007, 03:25:08 pm
Nobody has been talking about Bobby Allen coaching at ole miss or anywhere.  I have a feeling he is going to be the only defensive coach left over on this staff.  Who is giving BP his info.  Why keep a coach that's old coach doesn't want, and RH promotes LC over for DC.   What a joke especially if LC wanted to stay. 
Chances are, every Defensive Assistant will be replaced once we hire a DC.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hog_fan

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 21, 2007, 05:49:12 pm

Coach P relied on somebody to help him in making the decision to retain Allen and send Campbell packing.  Wasn"t Reggie, he appointed Campbell interim DC.  White? Who knows.  All I know is that South Arkansas is sad today.  LC is a native son and for him to be wanted in Ole Piss and not Fayetteville is almost too much to bear.

I been told Petrino couldn't promise him a slot on the field so he take the job at Ole Miss if he wanted to for sure to coach on the field. Who would advise Petrino to keep allen over campbell. Wasn't Herring or Frank unless Frank wanted to screw him which is very possible. i find it hard to believe he would rely on John white for that type of decision. Petrino didn't send Campbell packing as he had a job for sure in the office but Campbell wanted to coach.

Hogdomer

Quote from: hog_fan on December 21, 2007, 06:16:24 pm
Consideirng he didn't wanna move back to the office and nUtt was mforced him to so Vaughn could coach i would say he did. after 10 years, nutt finally figures out Campbell is a good coach.

I know you think Nutt screwed him over, but it doesn't look like Campbell does.  Otherwise, why would he voluntarily go to work for him?  Surely Campbell had (or would soon have) other offers to return to on-the-field coaching besides Ole Miss.

Golfer

Quote from: hog_fan on December 21, 2007, 04:08:59 pm
He won;'t be coaching for nutt. he only has two slots left and both are offense

I guess you will have to back track on your statement, as it was announced today that Coach Campbell WILL be on the staff of Coach Nutt at Ole Miss.

ur

Bobby Allen has 2 sons that could be D-1 QBs. The 9th grader, and the 7th grader is not bad either.

Golfer

Quote from: hog_fan on December 21, 2007, 06:18:57 pm
I been told Petrino couldn't promise him a slot on the field so he take the job at Ole Miss if he wanted to for sure to coach on the field. Who would advise Petrino to keep allen over campbell. Wasn't Herring or Frank unless Frank wanted to screw him which is very possible. i find it hard to believe he would rely on John white for that type of decision. Petrino didn't send Campbell packing as he had a job for sure in the office but Campbell wanted to coach.

Make up your mind. Earlier, you stated emphatically, that Campbell would not be on the staff at Ole Miss..

hog_fan

Quote from: Golfer on December 21, 2007, 06:39:26 pm
Make up your mind. Earlier, you stated emphatically, that Campbell would not be on the staff at Ole Miss..

I still don't understand it. One of the coaches that coached defense for awhile will have to move to offense. I said Rocker for DL, Nix for LB's, vaughn for SAfties and Dameron for CB's. With Campbell coaching Vaughn or Dameron have to move to offense. So I was wrong. I was only going on what was common sense to me. Should have known nutt was idiot and would hire to many defensive guys. Go look at bios of guys he hired. They were defensive guys.

Screwy Lewie

The Secondary was toasted this year because the D-line put no pressure on the QB.  A lot of times they had all day to wait and find someone open.  BP is right Defense starts with hitting the QB.

The NewEra

Quote from: shel227 on December 21, 2007, 03:25:08 pm
Nobody has been talking about Bobby Allen coaching at ole miss or anywhere.  I have a feeling he is going to be the only defensive coach left over on this staff.  Who is giving BP his info.  Why keep a coach that's old coach doesn't want, and RH promotes LC over for DC.   What a joke especially if LC wanted to stay. 

I'm content to let the coach.  I'm just happy we have a coach that knows how to coach.

want2be

Quote from: Screwy Lewie on December 21, 2007, 07:14:00 pm
The Secondary was toasted this year because the D-line put no pressure on the QB.  A lot of times they had all day to wait and find someone open.  BP is right Defense starts with hitting the QB.

Right on.......another factor is we may need to run more zone than man to offset the inexperience in the secondary.

hoggystyle78

As bad as I hate to see LC go, I trust BP to make the right decisions when it comes to hiring/firing his staff.

razorback3072

Quote from: HighonSwine on December 21, 2007, 04:00:22 pm
BA from what I understand is for sure NOT going to Ole Miss and it has everything to do with Family.  Not sure what class the son is, but he is suppose to be a pretty good QB I believe and they are not trying to uproot him from the school he is at.  Just what I have heard through the Grapevine.  Hopefully we get Joe Whitt, Jr as DB coach.  I do not see Petrino keeping BA.

I could be wrong, but I do not believe Campbell wants to coach anymore?  He likes the behind the scenes.

I will say that I truely believe that if Herring were to stay (which at this point I do not see happening), that Rocker would stay as well.  They have a very good relationship.  At this point though, Rocker is headed to Ole Piss.

My understanding is that Bobby is staying in NWA regardless of whether he's coaching at the UofA or not.  He wants his son to finish school here.  He is a very good QB and I believe his is going to be a Junior next year.  Bobby's decision is purely related to his family.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

hogs63

Quote from: razorback3072 on December 21, 2007, 07:27:05 pm

My understanding is that Bobby is staying in NWA regardless of whether he's coaching at the UofA or not.  He wants his son to finish school here.  He is a very good QB and I believe his is going to be a Junior next year.  Bobby's decision is purely related to his family.

His son is a very good gb but will only be a 10th grader next year. He will earn the starting qb spot for Fayetteville high school next year.

I would not be surprised if he becomes the next great qb recruit from the state, his that good. Coaches rave about him

HOG FAN 4 LIFE

Quote from: Illinihog on December 21, 2007, 04:51:22 pm
Bobby Allen is a good recruiter, he landed Felix.  Has a good touch on Oklahoma and mainly the Tulsa Area.  Very Underrated as a person as well.

I will say this if the OL and DL coaches come from the Falcons we are in trouble.  Those 2 guys are garabage.  Big downgrade from the two we have now.
Our recruiting has sucked really bad for a long time now.  Maybe good recruiter for a sun belt team, but come on...let's move on and see if we can find guys that can recruit better than we've been doing.
Go Hogs! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Go Mavs! Go Stars!

PetinoHog

Why would Petrino hire a 50 cent coach when  he has 400 grand to spend?  Bobby Allen is a worthless Murray State mafia man.

PetinoHog

Quote from: hogs63 on December 21, 2007, 10:53:23 pm
His son is a very good gb but will only be a 10th grader next year. He will earn the starting qb spot for Fayetteville high school next year.

I would not be surprised if he becomes the next great qb recruit from the state, his that good. Coaches rave about him

Petrino doesn't have to hire peoples sons to get good QBs. This is Bobby Petrino not Houston Nutt we are talking about.

hog_fan

Quote from: PetrinoHog on December 21, 2007, 11:02:08 pm
Why would Petrino hire a 50 cent coach when  he has 400 grand to spend?  Bobby Allen is a worthless Murray State mafia man.

It wouldn't be as DC. Get ready to ask him because all indictions are Allen is being retained. Since has a year left on his contract, I could see him being given an office job, but an on the field job I don't understand. I believe someone at the UA has given Petrino some bad advice regarding Bobby Allen.

Oklahawg

I hate to point this out...but just because Nutt has a "full" slate of defensive coaches doesn't mean he wouldn't create a spot to get a genius like Campbell on his staff. Vaughn -- never one to land at a position very long -- might wind up at special teams. :)

Wasn't there a rumor that Nix was under consideration for Petrino's staff?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

hogs63

Quote from: PetrinoHog on December 21, 2007, 11:03:25 pm
Petrino doesn't have to hire peoples sons to get good QBs. This is Bobby Petrino not Houston Nutt we are talking about.

Never said he did I was responding to a poster that talked about how good his son was and also that he would be a junior which he will not be.

But since you seem to have a dislike for Bobby Allen as much as Nutt I sure am glad that Petrino doesn't look to you for help in coaching hires. I think Allen is a pretty good coach and a really good recruiter which just happens to have a son that could very well be a 5* player in three years. Make since to me to keep that kind of coach and it sounds like Petrino agrees and that is all that matters. Done deal!!!!!

hog_fan

Quote from: hogs63 on December 21, 2007, 11:14:40 pm
Never said he did I was responding to a poster that talked about how good his son was and also that he would be a junior which he will not be.

But since you seem to have a dislike for Bobby Allen as much as Nutt I sure am glad that Petrino doesn't look to you for help in coaching hires. I think Allen is a pretty good coach and a really good recruiter which just happens to have a son that could very well be a 5* player in three years. Make since to me to keep that kind of coach and it sounds like Petrino agrees and that is all that matters. Done deal!!!!!

CB play not very impressive past few years.

hogs63

Quote from: hog_fan on December 21, 2007, 11:17:34 pm
CB play not very impressive past few years.

That is why I said pretty good coach. I don't really know exactly what his responsiblity this year was but their is no ? he is a good recruiter, (Felix Jones, Jerrel Norton, Ryan Powers). Those are some pretty good players I believe we would both agree.

PetinoHog

Quote from: hogs63 on December 21, 2007, 11:14:40 pm

Allen is not a good coach and he has not proven to be a good recruiter.  If you think he was a good CB coach why did our CBs play three times better under Cambell than Allen?  Allen sucked that is why. i hope Bobby Petrino cleans the whole house of these Nutt rats, if you like them so much you can watch Ole Miss games.

hogs63

Quote from: HOG FAN 4 LIFE on December 21, 2007, 10:59:51 pm
Our recruiting has sucked really bad for a long time now.  Maybe good recruiter for a sun belt team, but come on...let's move on and see if we can find guys that can recruit better than we've been doing.

YOu can't lay the entire class at Bobby Allen feet. He can only be held responsible for his area. I don't think Felix, Jerrel Norton, and Ryan Powers are Sun Belt athletes.

PetinoHog

Quote from: hogs63 on December 21, 2007, 11:23:02 pm
That is why I said pretty good coach. I don't really know exactly what his responsiblity this year was but their is no ? he is a good recruiter, (Felix Jones, Jerrel Norton, Ryan Powers). Those are some pretty good players I believe we would both agree.

Jones is a good player.  That is about it.

hogs63

Quote from: PetrinoHog on December 21, 2007, 11:26:27 pm
Allen is not a good coach and he has not proven to be a good recruiter.  If you think he was a good CB coach why did our CBs play three times better under Cambell than Allen?  Allen sucked that is why. i hope Bobby Petrino cleans the whole house of these Nutt rats, if you like them so much you can watch Ole Miss games.

Here you go someone disagrees with you and you basically say we are not good hog fans and we should go watch Ole Miss.

You can't compare Campbells team to Allens this year. YOu have a completely different d-line than last year and if the d-line doesn't get pressure on the qb then the secondary is on a island.

I believe that many threads were started this year about our d-line not getting pressure like it did this year thus you will see the secondary gett burned.

In regards to recruiting I totally disagree with you but hey that ok I still hope you come to watch the hogs because I sure will.

hogs63

Quote from: PetrinoHog on December 21, 2007, 11:27:12 pm
Jones is a good player.  That is about it.

Jones is a good player, now that is an understatement!!!!!

cmakrzrbak

Allen is retained.

Apparently BP believes in his recruiting potential.  I don't think his kids had much to do with it.  They aren't even in HS yet.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

AnCieNt1

Quote from: Screwy Lewie on December 21, 2007, 07:14:00 pm
this is So true

PetinoHog

Quote from: hogs63 on December 21, 2007, 11:33:27 pm
Here you go someone disagrees with you and you basically say we are not good hog fans and we should go watch Ole Miss.

You can't compare Campbells team to Allens this year. YOu have a completely different d-line than last year and if the d-line doesn't get pressure on the qb then the secondary is on a island.

I believe that many threads were started this year about our d-line not getting pressure like it did this year thus you will see the secondary gett burned.

In regards to recruiting I totally disagree with you but hey that ok I still hope you come to watch the hogs because I sure will.

Oh that is right, Allen had Batman and LR who were suppose to be good and stunk up the field while embarssing the whole state with their mouths.

MDH

I think if BP were going to keep anyone else off of this staff then he would have announced it already, there would be no point not to.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

TMc

Campbell is gone to Ole Miss...I wish he was coaching for us.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

PetinoHog

Quote from: MDH on December 22, 2007, 12:24:57 am
I think if BP were going to keep anyone else off of this staff then he would have announced it already, there would be no point not to.

I agree but you are going to have a certain "people" wanting the Bobby Allens.

HomerDave

Bobby Allen is a good coach and a really good recruiter....he is a good hire...as is Horton...I wish we had of kept Lewis Campbell as well... I think that BP is going to be very wise with the nine that he allows in. He is dead serious about putting things in place to win a NC and here is as good a place as any...his words.

PetinoHog

Quote from: HomerDave on December 22, 2007, 12:54:32 am
Bobby Allen is a good coach and a really good recruiter....he is a good hire...as is Horton...I wish we had of kept Lewis Campbell as well... I think that BP is going to be very wise with the nine that he allows in. He is dead serious about putting things in place to win a NC and here is as good a place as any...his words.

Is this Bobby Allen?  If it is being on this board is not going to get you hired.

hogs63

Quote from: PetrinoHog on December 22, 2007, 01:00:15 am
Is this Bobby Allen?  If it is being on this board is not going to get you hired.

I find this very funny. I assume by your screen name that you are thrilled with the Petrino hire, yet he has never coached a razorback game, never held a razorback practice, and never signed a recruit to a LOI for the razorbacks and you are already questioning his decisions. I guess you are a perfect example of "some people are never happy".

Hope Santa brings you what you want this year or you will begin questioning him to.

"Merry Christmas"

Quote from: PetrinoHog on December 22, 2007, 01:00:15 am
Just move along man. You are still so much more focused on anything Nutt related than the Hogs its crazy. I suspect you read and know much more about Ole Miss right now than the rest of us.

PetinoHog

Quote from: hogs63 on December 22, 2007, 12:10:05 pm
I find this very funny. I assume by your screen name that you are thrilled with the Petrino hire, yet he has never coached a razorback game, never held a razorback practice, and never signed a recruit to a LOI for the razorbacks and you are already questioning his decisions. I guess you are a perfect example of "some people are never happy".

Hope Santa brings you what you want this year or you will begin questioning him to.

"Merry Christmas"

It is not a matter of questioning anyone, he may hire Bobby Allen.  I really don't know Mr Allen personally but I do know this Bobby Allen was the DC in 1998-2000 actually I think he was co cordinator with Keith Burns for a couple of those years.  He was demoted to inisde DL coach in 2001, then after failing at that job he was demoted to LB coach and then to CB coach. In 2006 I am not sure what he did but this last year he was back at CB coach.  

This guy was at "Murray STate" with Nutt for two years also and at Boise state.  He has coached a few good players here.

Here is what I don't like, he is a Nutt guy, maybe he is a good man but he has been with Nutt for 12 years.  Why does Nutt not want him now? Is Nutt tired of him and does Nutt believe he is no longer an asset? If so we certainly don't need him.

In other words we don't need a Trojan Horse in our stadium.

hogfansince79

Quote from: PetrinoHog on December 22, 2007, 01:04:25 pm
Here is what I don't like, he is a Nutt guy, maybe he is a good man but he has been with Nutt for 12 years.  Why does Nutt not want him now? Is Nutt tired of him and does Nutt believe he is no longer an asset? If so we certainly don't need him.

Maybe he's had enough of the nutter's stuff, and didn't want to go with him.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

hogs63

Quote from: PetrinoHog on December 22, 2007, 01:04:25 pm
It is not a matter of questioning anyone, he may hire Bobby Allen.  I really don't know Mr Allen personally but I do know this Bobby Allen was the DC in 1998-2000 actually I think he was co cordinator with Keith Burns for a couple of those years.  He was demoted to inisde DL coach in 2001, then after failing at that job he was demoted to LB coach and then to CB coach. In 2006 I am not sure what he did but this last year he was back at CB coach.  

This guy was at "Murray STate" with Nutt for two years also and at Boise state.  He has coached a few good players here.

In other words we don't need a Trojan Horse in our stadium.

I agreed with Karma "move on". Petrino has made the call that is his to make.

Yor nor I know what has gone on inside the BAC to know if Allen was given the tools he needed to suceed.

It was strongly rumored that Allen did not want to leave fayetteville and was not going with Nutt even if something was offer. So to say Nutt didn't want him you don't know that. He could have told him don't offer me anything because I am not coming with you.

hog_fan

Can you people not understand Bobby Allen is staying because of his SON? He didn't want to move. He was staying regardless if he coached at UA or not.

moose1985

Quote from: Hogs12 on December 21, 2007, 04:45:59 pm
   I really want Joe Whitt Jr as the new DB coach. I am pretty confident he would go back to college and to Arkansas. He is a great recruiting with major ties in the South. He is also a great DB Coach. I just do not see any legit reason for him not coming here. What do you guys think?

I'm not familiar with Whitt.  Please post his bio.

Hoggish1

Quote from: HighonSwine on December 21, 2007, 04:00:22 pm
BA from what I understand is for sure NOT going to Ole Miss and it has everything to do with Family.  Not sure what class the son is, but he is suppose to be a pretty good QB I believe and they are not trying to uproot him from the school he is at.  Just what I have heard through the Grapevine.  Hopefully we get Joe Whitt, Jr as DB coach.  I do not see Petrino keeping BA.

I could be wrong, but I do not believe Campbell wants to coach anymore?  He likes the behind the scenes.

I will say that I truely believe that if Herring were to stay (which at this point I do not see happening), that Rocker would stay as well.  They have a very good relationship.  At this point though, Rocker is headed to Ole Piss.

Why are we wondering who will stay or go?  I guess because we wondered who was coming as HC?  PB will fill his staff with the right people.  How could he work with any of the old staff?  When you make changes you don't want anyone around saying (or even thinking):  "We used to do it this way..."

Hoggish1

Quote from: hog_fan on December 21, 2007, 04:28:34 pm

I guess nutt is going to hire all defensive coaches. He screwed campbell over and campbell is following makes zero sense to me. NUtt put him back in the office in favor of vaughn

That is why I can't possibly understand LC going with him to old piss.  Just does not compute.