Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I got a feeling bp is about to make is first bad move!

Started by shel227, December 21, 2007, 03:25:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

shel227

December 21, 2007, 03:25:08 pm Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 03:28:00 pm by shel227
Nobody has been talking about Bobby Allen coaching at ole miss or anywhere.  I have a feeling he is going to be the only defensive coach left over on this staff.  Who is giving BP his info.  Why keep a coach that's old coach doesn't want, and RH promotes LC over for DC.   What a joke especially if LC wanted to stay. 

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

hogs7199

If BP thinks Bobby Allen is right for this staff, I will stand by that decision.  To be honest, Bobby Allen has done nothing but do his job while he has been at Arkansas.  You hardly ever hear too much from him or about him.

Flatfoot

Bobby Allen needs to go.  If you want a secondary coach then it should be Louis Cambell.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

The Realist

Quote from: hogs7199 on December 21, 2007, 03:40:54 pm
If BP thinks Bobby Allen is right for this staff, I will stand by that decision.  To be honest, Bobby Allen has done nothing but do his job while he has been at Arkansas.  You hardly ever hear too much from him or about him.
He is the defensive backs coach right?   If so, cross out your second sentence if we are talking about this past year
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

NuttHugger

Plus he has a son who is projected to be a good quarterback coming up.
John White "What you gonna do with a tree that big?"

Jimmy Sexton "Bend over and I'll show you."

hogs7199

Quote from: The Realist on December 21, 2007, 03:42:03 pm
He is the defensive backs coach right?   If so, cross out your second sentence if we are talking about this past year

What I am saying is that you didn't hear his name coming up in all of the drama like some of the other coaches.  I am not taking up for the guy, but when you play man-to-man coverage all of the time, your D-backs are going to get burned sometimes.  I really could care less whether Bobby Allen stays or goes.  I trust BP to fill out his staff the way he sees fit.

jimmur74

Double the displeasure because he could have kept Louis Campbell, but opted for Allen.  Campbell will land on his feet at another school but had much rather been retained at the U of A as an onfield coach.  That is his passion.  Good luck coach. Shel 227 is right.  Although Allen had been with Nutt since Murray State, he could find no room for him at Ole Miss.  By the way what do White, Long and Allen have in common?  At some time or another, they all went thru Virginia Tech

J. McHog

Why does anyone think LC has been passed over? Or that BA is staying? This is like speculating about speculation.

Wooderson

I'm sure that Louis is a great coach, but the other day he was on Bo's show and all I could wonder is, "Is this guy 90 years old"

Louis will be on Nutt's staff.  Oh well, you move on.   
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Little Billy Jr.

Quote from: shel227 on December 21, 2007, 03:25:08 pm
Nobody has been talking about Bobby Allen coaching at ole miss or anywhere.  I have a feeling he is going to be the only defensive coach left over on this staff.  Who is giving BP his info.  Why keep a coach that's old coach doesn't want, and RH promotes LC over for DC.   What a joke especially if LC wanted to stay. 
Allen was consistently the best recruiter on Nutt's staff.
Felix Jones would not be here today if not for Allen.
I think Petrino is capable of deciding who to put on his staff without our help. He somehow made it this far without checking with us.

havok

I have to think... Bobby Allen wanted to stay in Ark or he would have gone with Dork.  They have been together a very long time....so I suspect Bobby Allen will end up taking a High School coaching position or go sell Insurance or something..   Coach Campbell is about the only Division I coach that was on the Hill prior to Petrino's arrival and would love for him to stay on the field coaching..

casken

Quote from: Little Billy Jr. on December 21, 2007, 03:56:10 pm
Allen was consistently the best recruiter on Nutt's staff.
Felix Jones would not be here today if not for Allen.
I think Petrino is capable of deciding who to put on his staff without our help. He somehow made it this far without checking with us.

LOL ;)
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

HighonSwine

BA from what I understand is for sure NOT going to Ole Miss and it has everything to do with Family.  Not sure what class the son is, but he is suppose to be a pretty good QB I believe and they are not trying to uproot him from the school he is at.  Just what I have heard through the Grapevine.  Hopefully we get Joe Whitt, Jr as DB coach.  I do not see Petrino keeping BA.

I could be wrong, but I do not believe Campbell wants to coach anymore?  He likes the behind the scenes.

I will say that I truely believe that if Herring were to stay (which at this point I do not see happening), that Rocker would stay as well.  They have a very good relationship.  At this point though, Rocker is headed to Ole Piss.

hog_fan

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 21, 2007, 03:46:42 pm

Double the displeasure because he could have kept Louis Campbell, but opted for Allen.  Campbell will land on his feet at another school but had much rather been retained at the U of A as an onfield coach.  That is his passion.  Good luck coach. Shel 227 is right.  Although Allen had been with Nutt since Murray State, he could find no room for him at Ole Miss.  By the way what do White, Long and Allen have in common?  At some time or another, they all went thru Virginia Tech

Where are you getting BP has made the decision to keep Allen and get rid of Campbell?

Cajun Hog

Quote from: opineonswine on December 21, 2007, 03:44:59 pm
Reportedly, prior to Tim Horton, Bobby Allen was by far the best recruiter on the staff.  FWIW...

And he looking at getting out of coaching.

mike7156

Campbell Associate AD has been at Arkansas for about 17 years, well before the NUTT. He will be at Arkansas as long as Mr. Long wants him to stay.
True Heroes wear the uniform that serves this country proudly.

hog_fan

Quote from: Wooderson on December 21, 2007, 03:52:21 pm
I'm sure that Louis is a great coach, but the other day he was on Bo's show and all I could wonder is, "Is this guy 90 years old"

Louis will be on Nutt's staff.  Oh well, you move on.  

He won;'t be coaching for nutt. he only has two slots left and both are offense

ferrellhog

IVe met bobby personally and ,He is a good man and very personable .WE had a long discussion concerning former DE randy garner ,I beleive that coach allen started out as our DL coach before we got tracy rocker .He seems honest humble and very approachable .I too have heard he does well on the recruiting trail .I think he is a better LB coach than secondary though .

jimbob

Campbell wants to be on the field.  He has been offered an on-field job @ Ole Miss.  He has been offered an office job @ UA.  If nothing changes he is headed to Oxford.

Dbl D

Quote from: hogs7199 on December 21, 2007, 03:40:54 pm

BA a great guy, told me everyone from the north has been fair and good to him.  I hope he stays.

hogfan40

hog_fan

Quote from: jimbob on December 21, 2007, 04:17:02 pm
Campbell wants to be on the field.  He has been offered an on-field job @ Ole Miss.  He has been offered an office job @ UA.  If nothing changes he is headed to Oxford.

So he is going to coach offense? I'm telling you Nutt already has 5 guys coaching defense.

Vaughn, Nix, Rocker, two ULM guys. Lee, Markuson on offense and Shibest likely for offense. One ULM might be for offense. I just don't see how he could fit in on defense.

hog_fan

Quote from: Dbl D on December 21, 2007, 04:18:35 pm

BA a great guy, told me everyone from the north has been fair and good to him.  I hope he stays.

Staying in the office fine, but we need a better secondary coach. That will be our weakness.

hogknows

Bobby has a 9th grade son ...QB for Woodland...that some say ..will be the next great QB coming out of Arkansas...a 5 star..by some people's estimations.

For that reason ....it would be very good if he stays...besides as someone else posted...he is a good recruiter.

jimmur74

Press release from Ole Miss official site confirms Campbell will be joining the Ole Miss staff as defensive back coach.  A sad day for Razorback football.  Go to Hogwired.com and read the profiles of Campbell and Allen. 

pigsooie76

Quote from: mike7156 on December 21, 2007, 04:08:33 pm
Campbell Associate AD has been at Arkansas for about 17 years, well before the NUTT. He will be at Arkansas as long as Mr. Long wants him to stay.

Campbell does not want to do Football Op anymore. He wants to stay here as a coach on the field. He has offers elsewhere on the field. He loves this university but also loves coaching. And it appears that BP has passed him over. Louis won't be here next year, and it will be a great loss. As for long....I think that he is just really indifferent whether LC stays or goes.

HighonSwine

Quote from: casken on December 21, 2007, 03:58:09 pm
LOL ;)

Do not know why you are laughing, but he is correct.  BA was a solid recruiter and was Felix main recruiter.  I have never been a fan of his on field coaching though.

HotlantaHog

Maybe I missed, but has there been a defensive coordinator named yet? I wouldn't expect decisions on the staff to happen until a coordinator is named. I don't like the knee-jerk, let's-not-discuss, leave-it-to-the-coach answers either, but I feel a lot more comfortable with that kind of response (complacency) with Petrino as coach than with Nutt.

jpenrod1

I understand that our DBs look bad at times, but in Reggie's D you will look bad or the other team will never complete a pass. I would say he has done a decent job. We have a lot of DBs in the NFL, and i expect for grant to be in there too. Our secondary was young this year and improved a lot. I dont know why he has such a bad reputation

hog_fan

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 21, 2007, 04:25:27 pm

Press release from Ole Miss official site confirms Campbell will be joining the Ole Miss staff as defensive back coach.  A sad day for Razorback football.  Go to Hogwired.com and read the profiles of Campbell and Allen. 

I guess nutt is going to hire all defensive coaches. He screwed campbell over and campbell is following makes zero sense to me. NUtt put him back in the office in favor of vaughn

hogs7199

Quote from: jimmur74 on December 21, 2007, 04:25:27 pm

Link?

hogs7199

pigsooie76

Quote from: hog_fan on December 21, 2007, 04:28:34 pm

I guess nutt is going to hire all defensive coaches. He screwed campbell over and campbell is following makes zero sense to me. NUtt put him back in the office in favor of vaughn

He did screw Campbell over twice. But the fact of the matter is....is that he has offered him a position on the field now and BP has not. He wants to coach. Period. I can tell you that it has been a very difficult decision for him.

hogknows

From things I have heard...Campbell and Nutt are friends. Always have been. It was blown up by posters that they were at odds and from reports...they were not.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: opineonswine on December 21, 2007, 03:44:59 pm
Reportedly, prior to Tim Horton, Bobby Allen was by far the best recruiter on the staff.  FWIW...

Exactly, one count fault him entirely for the DBs. You can only coach so much, at some point talent kicks in. I still remember the job he did as Coordinator against Texas in 2000 Cotton Bowl. Heck of job, there!
Also, I don't fault from the Nutt thing. All that him not going to Ole Miss tells me is that at some point something had to happen to their relationship...heck, I'd give him kudos for that if he finally got tired of it.

hog_fan

Guess he doesn't bleed red like we thought. I'm sure he could have had an office job here.

pigsooie76

Quote from: hog_fan on December 21, 2007, 04:38:40 pm
Guess he doesn't bleed red like we thought. I'm sure he could have had an office job here.

He could have had his same office job. But he can go to Ole Miss and do what he loves to do and make about double the salary. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Hogs12

I really want Joe Whitt Jr as the new DB coach. I am pretty confident he would go back to college and to Arkansas. He is a great recruiting with major ties in the South. He is also a great DB Coach. I just do not see any legit reason for him not coming here. What do you guys think?

HogFanLR

I heard Wally mention on sportsrap that BA was on of the most underrated coaches on the staff.  fwiw.  Hard for me to tell - because he is so quite you never really know what he is doing. 

Will agree he did a great job against texas as DC after code red left.

intoxhog

Quote from: Flatfoot on December 21, 2007, 03:41:17 pm
Bobby Allen needs to go.  If you want a secondary coach then it should be Louis Cambell.

Guys most of you know how i fell about HDN and the MSM, however Bobby Allen, Louis Cambell and Tracy Rocker are the only coaches that i wouldn't have a problem with staying.

Bobby Allen is a heck of a nice guy and IMO was the best recrutier on the staff. And he is a soild postion coach as well.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

jimmur74

Louis Campbell NEVER wanted to leave the field.  Ever!!  He left the field and stayed at his alma mater because he is a razorback. He did it because he is a better man than anyone I know.  He is now at the point in his life that he feels he must follow what he wants to do.  Coach.  He didn't get the opportunity at Arkansas.  He did at Ole Miss.

hog_fan

Quote from: Hogs12 on December 21, 2007, 04:45:59 pm
   I really want Joe Whitt Jr as the new DB coach. I am pretty confident he would go back to college and to Arkansas. He is a great recruiting with major ties in the South. He is also a great DB Coach. I just do not see any legit reason for him not coming here. What do you guys think?

I see him coming here and coaching CB's. Allen likely coaches LB's or Safties.

Illinihog

Bobby Allen is a good recruiter, he landed Felix.  Has a good touch on Oklahoma and mainly the Tulsa Area.  Very Underrated as a person as well.

I will say this if the OL and DL coaches come from the Falcons we are in trouble.  Those 2 guys are garabage.  Big downgrade from the two we have now.

Illinihog

Whitt really wants to stay in the NFL.  I think he stays in Atlanta or lands with another NFL team.  His ties are with Auburn where his dad is the assistant AD.

hog_fan

Quote from: Illinihog on December 21, 2007, 04:51:22 pm
Bobby Allen is a good recruiter, he landed Felix.  Has a good touch on Oklahoma and mainly the Tulsa Area.  Very Underrated as a person as well.

I will say this if the OL and DL coaches come from the Falcons we are in trouble.  Those 2 guys are garabage.  Big downgrade from the two we have now.

You are only person I have seen who didn't want those two. Back up your reason they are garbage.

Wild Bill Hog

December 21, 2007, 04:55:27 pm #46 Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 05:01:28 pm by Wild Bill Hog
Hate to see LC at ole piss.

Porkatarian

Bobby Allen did a very good job with the LB's when he first got to Arkansas. 

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

want2be

Horton was interview on DTS yesterday and Tim stated there still was the possbility of a "couple" of existing coaches staying with Petrino..No other insight.

Hogs12

Look at the resume of both Mike Summers and Kevin Wolthausen and tell me how they would not be great hires? I want them  both here. They are both great coaches. Illinois, where do you hear Coach Whitt wants to remain in the NFL? By the way, he coached with Petrino at Louisville so yes he has ties to Auburn but also to Coach Petrino.