Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

look at ol piss schedule and predict their first season under nutty boys

Started by silverhawg, December 19, 2007, 12:19:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

VolHogg

7-5 and a bowl game, ole miss fans will think they hit hat a  home with this hire.

hogcoots

12-0 without a doubt.  Ole Miss becomes the turnaround story.  Wait...we're talking moral victories right?

Hudge

6-6, and with some luck could hit 7-5. Even at 6-6 and they may get a crummy bowl bid.

Hoggish1

Quote from: silverhawg on December 19, 2007, 12:19:02 am
  Sat, Aug 30   Memphis  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 06   Wake Forest  at Winston-Salem, N.C.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 13   Samford  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 20   Vanderbilt *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 27   Florida *  at Gainesville, Fla.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 04   South Carolina *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 18   Alabama *  at Tuscaloosa, Ala.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 25   Arkansas *  at Fayetteville, Ark.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 01   Auburn *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 15   Louisiana-Monroe  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 22   LSU *  at Baton Rouge, La.    TBA 

Fri, Nov 28   Mississippi State *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

i'm thinking 3 & 9

Possible 2-10

pigsooie_73

I'm thinking 5-7 overall and 2-6 in the SEC. Wins will be against Memphis, Samford, Vanderbilt, ULM and MSU.

scottwillrazbackfan1

5-7 and Hootie's famous 3 game losing streak in the SEC (Arkansas, Alabama, & Auburn). Mark my word Arkansas will beat Ole Miss.

DooDahman

Quote from: nutted on December 19, 2007, 12:20:59 am
I forgot...they play vandy every year.....now thats funny.
Evidently Nutt coached teams play ULM every year also.

Porkatarian

I'm guessing they'll be 6 & 6, possibly 7 & 5.  That will be enough to get Ole Miss to a bowl game, which will make Nutt a hero in Oxford.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

dirtydoghog

Chances are that his record will be an improvement from where they were before him.....Poor Ole Miss!  lol

BartIV

Ashdownpanther

I see a big ole 2-10 for our refugee next year.  Butt pastings will abound and the radio and tv air around Oxford will ring with excuses from Sept to Dec.  I would even expect the " conspiricy theory" will start after Vandy kicks their ass and  Hooten starts talking about "spies" and "sabatouers" from across the state line, sneaking in to soil his spotless reputation.

hoggystyle78

6-6 tops, most likely 4-8 or 5-7. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Eatthebacon

Sat, Aug 30   Memphis  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Win

Sat, Sep 06   Wake Forest  at Winston-Salem, N.C.    TBA  Loss  

Sat, Sep 13   Samford  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Win

Sat, Sep 20   Vanderbilt *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Win

Sat, Sep 27   Florida *  at Gainesville, Fla.    TBA  Loss

Sat, Oct 04   South Carolina *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Loss

Sat, Oct 18   Alabama *  at Tuscaloosa, Ala.    TBA  Loss

Sat, Oct 25   Arkansas *  at Fayetteville, Ark.    TBA  Loss

Sat, Nov 01   Auburn *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Loss

Sat, Nov 15   Louisiana-Monroe  Oxford, Miss.    TBA   Win

Sat, Nov 22   LSU *  at Baton Rouge, La.    TBA  Loss

Fri, Nov 28   Mississippi State *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA  Loss

RazorBassin

Quote from: silverhawg on December 19, 2007, 12:19:02 am
  Sat, Aug 30   Memphis  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 06   Wake Forest  at Winston-Salem, N.C.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 13   Samford  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 20   Vanderbilt *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 27   Florida *  at Gainesville, Fla.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 04   South Carolina *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 18   Alabama *  at Tuscaloosa, Ala.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 25   Arkansas *  at Fayetteville, Ark.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 01   Auburn *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 15   Louisiana-Monroe  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 22   LSU *  at Baton Rouge, La.    TBA 

Fri, Nov 28   Mississippi State *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

i'm thinking 3 & 9

No doubt 6-6

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

3-9.  with a little luck maybe 4-8 or 5-7............I wouldn't mind seeing 0-12 however.
Let's make some waves.

Bama Hog™

Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

hog_fan_12

Coach Obvious

pfrg999

Sat, Oct 25   Arkansas *  at Fayetteville, Ark.    TBA 

That my friends will be an interesting event....
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HoopS

I've crunched the numbers 4 times now and I continue to see 10-2.   We've run off a champion.  He does more with less and all that stuff. 

Hotty Totty
Gosh almighty

Who in the he!!  Am I?
Houston Nutt, manoftheyear
Lie Lie Lie!

So I lied.  6-6 give or take one.

Okie Hog

havok

Only one Sunbelt school on there...  the dork probably already getting a head start on those fingernails.

5-7

hogfan4sure

myriad_rocker

3-9

take it to the bank
mark it down
bet on it
my sources tell me this will be their record

Hogs4Ever

HOG RED UMP

"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

agr347

"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

Mick Hogger

Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Houston h

hogzrbust

I think they wil do better than a lot of us hope for. They do have some good recruits coming. I 'm just not sure how good they will actually be. They atleast make it to a bowl game.

rmcchris

Hugulus Hog

I'm going to rain on this thread's parade.  With Coach O's players in his first year, hdn is going to over-achieve in a big way.

Miss wins all 4 non-conference games.
Miss goes .500 in conference play.  They win at home against Miss St, Vandy, USC-e, and then some game they have no business winning like Auburn or Florida that will make hdn an instant hero in Oxford.

8-4 and wins the bowl game.

inhognation

4-8 maybe 5-7, but who really cares as long as we beat them down.

40YrHogFan

I doubt Ole Miss can beat us in Fayetteville that late in the season. But it will be a fight. The plus for us is that Nutt will feel a lot of pressure to win here and he will freeze up in the game management as usual

The difference between 3-9 and 5-7 will be the So Carolina game (Nutt w/o McFadden vs Spurrier with or w/o a QB) and us. Ole Miss nevers wins at Bama (its the karma there). I doubt they can beat a resurging Miss St team that returns everyone.

Ole Miss doesn't have any defense, Nutt isn't a defense minded coach, and his new DC Nix was fired at So Carolina. The unknown is (1) Snead, their transfer QB and (2) how will Nutt call plays without Daddy Frank telling him what to do.

rcowen

Shrekster

I bleed red...but its cardinal red.

williewonkahog

I have never seen such an obsessive group of people in my life, Nutt is gone, when are you all going to quit obsessing over him and move on. I figured when he finally left the hogs the message boards would slow down. Was I ever wrong, everyother thread is still about him. Are we that bored?  Get a hobby!
Spell checked and proof read

rcowen

Quote from: williewonkahog on December 19, 2007, 10:16:04 am
I have never seen such an obsessive group of people in my life, Nutt is gone, when are you all going to quit obsessing over him and move on. I figured when he finally left the hogs the message boards would slow down. Was I ever wrong, everyother thread is still about him. Are we that bored?  Get a hobby!

He did torture us for TEN FREAKIN YEARS!

I think we have a right to discuss his future demise.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: PorkPariah on December 19, 2007, 03:08:12 am
7-5 with a bowl berth.

Guys, Ole miss has some talent and Nutt will be rejuvenated like he was in 1998.  He'll get off to a good start and get their hopes up.

But it's downhill from there.
Talent is almost always negated by poor and ineffective coaching as well as false confidence exuded by the coaching staff. So, assuming there is talent at Ole Miss, I'm not counting on it realizing its potential under Nutt and his MSM boys.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: williewonkahog on December 19, 2007, 10:16:04 am
That has to be the stupidest name in the history of Hog internet bulletin boards. Williewonkahog? What? Are you 11?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

BigArkyintheRock

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!