How 'bout them hogs?

rogers-hog

3-9 with a slight chance of 4 if they can beat vandy at home

maumellebyrd

6-6 is doable

3 cupcakes
2 SEC (Vandy + USC-E or Bama?)
1 random luck game

Loses the bowl though.  Take it to the bank.  PM me if you need sources.

Uncle_dad

Put me down for 4-8, although TCTWF is usually good for one win he doesn't deserve.  For that matter, he usually loses a couple he should have won.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

SpareRib

5-7

3 rent-a-wins, Vandy, and one more SEC on a day when HDN's stars are in perfect alignment.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

HognotinMemphis

5-7. He'll win his first SEC game and the OM fans will be in love. Then he'll reel off 6 straight SEC losses and they'll wonder why they hired him. Finish with a win over Miss St. to go 2-6 in SEC.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

silverhawg

chiefsfan

man how is he going to win there if he has to play Vandy every year...

Why cant we play Vandy every year?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

rzrbaxfan

Me and the hottie in my avatar call for 4-8 with wins against Samford, ULM, Vandy, and MSU BROTHA!!

bassntrucks

I12PLAY

mtownhog

keep in mind that Vandy is not an automatic W, especially for HDN

rare71

Class of 2002.....better late than never!!!

KENDALLF

Everyone knows he is gonna try to fire up his players for the Arkansas game so we better be prepared(BP will have us ready)    6-6 lose Bowl game
My sports world is finally looking up. The Hogs are back, my Texans are improving, and if only the Rangers would get some dang pitching!

HawgWyld

7-5 (3-5 in conference play with wins over Vanderbilt, Mississippi State and some team he shouldn't beat) -- Nutty does his usual bit and wins just enough games to keep people relatively happy. He's got some decent recruits to work with and will, no doubt, underutilize them.

Isn't it great to know that Nutt is now someone else's problem?

hog.goblin

johnsonswitch

hogwild1

hit the road, hit the road, keep on goin, get your a$$ on down 49. give a cheer ra ra,never fear ra ra,arkansas will be just fine.

songofthesword

everybodybleedsred

I'll go out on a limb and say 12-0.  Haha!  Right.  I think 5-7.  And they're going to get stomped in Fayetteville after HC Petrino runs through that A.  :razorback:

yraciv

neahog

Quote from: silverhawg on December 19, 2007, 12:19:02 am
  Sat, Aug 30   Memphis  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 06   Wake Forest  at Winston-Salem, N.C.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 13   Samford  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 20   Vanderbilt *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Sep 27   Florida *  at Gainesville, Fla.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 04   South Carolina *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 18   Alabama *  at Tuscaloosa, Ala.    TBA 

Sat, Oct 25   Arkansas *  at Fayetteville, Ark.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 01   Auburn *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 15   Louisiana-Monroe  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

Sat, Nov 22   LSU *  at Baton Rouge, La.    TBA 

Fri, Nov 28   Mississippi State *  Oxford, Miss.    TBA 

i'm thinking 3 & 9
they'll start 3-1 or 4-0...it really depends a lot on how good Jevon Sneed is...they could easil split SC/Bama after losing to the eventual national champion Florida Gators...which would put them at 5-2/6-1...I hope to God they don't win in Fay...but they'll be up for the game, plus we're losing a lot in the secondary which could hurt if their passing game realizes its potential...but I'll be a homer and say we pull it out which puts them at 5-3/6-2...they lose to Auburn, beat Monroe, lose to LSU, and beat State...which brings them to 7-5/8-4...With a likely loss in the bowl if it's Independence or Cotton, a win if it's Liberty...So I'll say 7-5 or 8-4, but the game in Fayetteville scares me
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

DukeOfPork

7-5 with a bowl berth.

Guys, Ole miss has some talent and Nutt will be rejuvenated like he was in 1998.  He'll get off to a good start and get their hopes up.

But it's downhill from there.

yraciv

Quote from: neahog on December 19, 2007, 03:02:46 am
they'll start 3-1 or 4-0...it really depends a lot on how good Jevon Sneed is...they could easil split SC/Bama after losing to the eventual national champion Florida Gators...which would put them at 5-2/6-1...I hope to God they don't win in Fay...but they'll be up for the game, plus we're losing a lot in the secondary which could hurt if their passing game realizes its potential...but I'll be a homer and say we pull it out which puts them at 5-3/6-2...they lose to Auburn, beat Monroe, lose to LSU, and beat State...which brings them to 7-5/8-4...With a likely loss in the bowl if it's Independence or Cotton, a win if it's Liberty...So I'll say 7-5 or 8-4, but the game in Fayetteville scares me

Jevon Sneed=death by QB killer; wins over Samford, Memphis, Vandy, State, and Monroe!  Maybe Nutt will beat one of the big coaches, Spurrier, Saban, Petrino, Tuberville, or Miles.

usnavyhogfan

ole miss will get blown out by samford! haha nah seriously probably 6-6. just enough to get bowl eligible and they will love him for it.
The dream is free, the journey is not.

I12PLAY

no way do they beat wake at wake, florida at flor, bama at bama, ark at ark, aub,or lsu.  the swing games are s car, ms st and memphis we know scar cant stop a good running game. at best they go 6-6 no better! 6-6 at best 4-8 at worst. they should be better than last yr.

hawgsav1

Sat, Aug 30   Memphis  Oxford, Miss.    W 

Sat, Sep 06   Wake Forest  at Winston-Salem, N.C.    W 

Sat, Sep 13   Samford  Oxford, Miss.    W

Sat, Sep 20   Vanderbilt *  Oxford, Miss.    L

Sat, Sep 27   Florida *  at Gainesville, Fla.    L

Sat, Oct 04   South Carolina *  Oxford, Miss.    L 

Sat, Oct 18   Alabama *  at Tuscaloosa, Ala.    L 

Sat, Oct 25   Arkansas *  at Fayetteville, Ark.    W 

Sat, Nov 01   Auburn *  Oxford, Miss.    L 

Sat, Nov 15   Louisiana-Monroe  Oxford, Miss.    W

Sat, Nov 22   LSU *  at Baton Rouge, La.    L 

Fri, Nov 28   Mississippi State *  Oxford, Miss.    W 

6-6 I'm being generous here. It could easily be 3-9.  I think he'll get up for next year's game against us.  He has plenty of talent on that team.  If he can get them up to play, it might be interesting.  That being said, I think next year will be their best year of a while...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

neahog

Quote from: hawgsav1 on December 19, 2007, 03:14:35 am
  Sat, Aug 30   Memphis  Oxford, Miss.    W 

Sat, Sep 06   Wake Forest  at Winston-Salem, N.C.    W 

Sat, Sep 13   Samford  Oxford, Miss.    W

Sat, Sep 20   Vanderbilt *  Oxford, Miss.    L

Sat, Sep 27   Florida *  at Gainesville, Fla.    L

Sat, Oct 04   South Carolina *  Oxford, Miss.    L 

Sat, Oct 18   Alabama *  at Tuscaloosa, Ala.    L 

Sat, Oct 25   Arkansas *  at Fayetteville, Ark.    W 

Sat, Nov 01   Auburn *  Oxford, Miss.    L 

Sat, Nov 15   Louisiana-Monroe  Oxford, Miss.    W

Sat, Nov 22   LSU *  at Baton Rouge, La.    L 

Fri, Nov 28   Mississippi State *  Oxford, Miss.    W 

6-6 I'm being generous here. It could easily be 2-9.  I think he'll get up for next year's game against us.  He has plenty of talent on that team.  If he can get them up to play, it might be interesting.  That being said, I think next year will be their best year of a while...

could be 2-9...might they skip a game?lol
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

hawgsav1

neahog

I12PLAY

i dont see ole miss beating ark at ark and wake at wake. nutt will not out coach those 2 coaches but if these 2 games were at oxford they Would Be the swing games but i dont see it! happening.. 6-6 at best imo! they got slaughtered by ark and wake this yr on their home turf! these will be very difficult games for ole miss to win

neahog

well, either way...I'd hate to see them lose to Wake...It would be a great win for the SEC...

hawgsav1

Quote from: I12PLAY on December 19, 2007, 03:27:09 am
i dont see ole miss beating ark at ark and wake at wake. nutt will not out coach those 2 coaches but if these 2 games were at oxford they Would Be the swing games but i dont see it! happening.. 6-6 at best imo! they got slaughtered by ark and wake this yr on their home turf! these will be very difficult games for ole miss to win

I agree with you, but I think Nutt is one of those coaches that will somehow manage to win a few games here and there to preserve his job and pull one out of his arse.  I honestly felt that he'll lose one of those games.  However, his situation with Ole Miss now reminds me too eerily of the 98 season.  Both coaches preceding him (Ford and Orgeron) left with 4-7 and 3-9 records respectively.  However, they did not leave the cupboards bare. Houston did well with Ford's leftovers and I wonder if he'll pull the same thing with Orgeron's leftovers.  We'll have to wait and see.  I have a bad feeling, because though Houston is not a great recruiter, he's a great motivator and has that preacher-style motivation ability.  He may be what their school needs to get that downtrodden team up...that being said, his success in his first few seasons will certainly fade as it goes on....

I12PLAY

i agree just telling you what i think.  ole miss is/was my 2nd best team in the sec.  id love to see them beat wake that coach we almost had grobe is pretty good! at preparing his team and out coaching even the best of them!  watch them in the bowl game this yr and tell me what you think. ark won't be a slouch at home next yr with petrino!! jmo

Vandimar

I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

bcshog

selfexplanatory

This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

AFWarrior83

Quote from: HawgWyld on December 19, 2007, 02:00:49 am
7-5 (3-5 in conference play with wins over Vanderbilt, Mississippi State and some team he shouldn't beat) -- Nutty does his usual bit and wins just enough games to keep people relatively happy. He's got some decent recruits to work with and will, no doubt, underutilize them.

Isn't it great to know that Nutt is now someone else's problem?

My thoughts exactly. 7-5, probably make a crappy bowl and lose to a team like Tulsa, from a non BCS conference.
Hogville member since 2005.