Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Since when does a 3 star decommitment from Arkansas make headlines on ESPN?

Started by DukeOfPork, December 18, 2007, 10:31:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

grayhawg

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

grayhawg

Spikie

Quote from: FL_Hog_Fan on December 19, 2007, 02:29:40 pm
The coverage is obviously biased.  I think that it has everything to do with us stealing an NFL coach.  That is what gets them.  It hurts the image that they portray that this NFL is the be all end all of football.  While they may be willing to admit that there are a few college jobs that are more prestigious than a few NFL jobs, they can't get their heads around the fact that BP would actually prefer the job at AR.  Therefore, he must be a weasel.  It's about making their coverage of AR in the past correct.  If the blast AR for having unrealistic expectation about getting a new coach, then there must be something wrong with the coach that we get. 

The NFL thing is what is really getting them though.  It is OK for a coach to be fired 3 games before the end of the season.  It is OK for an owner to lie about the coaches job (he has our full support).  It's not OK for a coach to do the same thing.  It is not OK for Arkansas, or any school not named USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, etc. to upset the apple cart and attempt to change the football landscape. 

Go to the head of the class young man. 

The comprehension level of the anal-ysts from that... network... is similar to the comprehension level of a 17 year old.  They've just enough blood in their bodies to supply a head... one head.  If they have to think or actually formulate a considered opinion, they pass out. 

So they simply yak about what they've been told by other 17y/o's who have commented before.  Tracing it back to the source, you simply will find someone whose feelings have been piqued.

Just my considered opinion.

astro890

we wanted to be in the upper echelon, this type of BS goes with being famous or notorious. Just ask jamie lynn spears!!!
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...

SpiritHog

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 19, 2007, 11:53:35 am
Have you even paid attention to anything I've written on here? Let me state it plainly ...

ESPN sucks. The networks reliance on pitting former players, coaches and sports writers against one another and making them argue is horrible TV. The network rushes to have experts pontificating seconds after a story breaks. It's entire programming lineup is seemingly based on blowhards and bluster, which is not all that interesting.

But that doesn't mean there's a conspiracy afoot to ruin Arkansas.

Sic'em Scott.  You are right man.  They are just plain bad TV.  I now watch them only for the sports news.  I get tired of the screaming and arguing.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

SwinerBock

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 19, 2007, 12:12:02 am
To play Devil's Advocate ... I imagine if Rodriguez had taped a short note to the WVA players' lockers, instead of meeting with them, they'd be pretty angry right now. As it is, I have yet to see any WVA players ripping Rodriguez (though maybe I've missed those quotes).
To play Angel's Advocate... I see less being said about the how he notified his players, and much, much more focusing on him leaving with 3 games left, and jumping around every 2 or 3 years, and how he had lied, and ....