Started by gohogs, December 16, 2007, 10:19:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SigHog87

thing is... where were they before last year? lol

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: gohogs on December 16, 2007, 10:19:21 pm
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=ncaa&id=142&tid=2027519&lid=17

their fans act like we're some D2 school
They got a small taste of success and now they've lost all sense of reality.  We (D-Mac) will bring them back to Earth.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Wildhog

Somebody needs to explain WHY we are going to beat them. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogsGoneWild

I don't know if we will beat them, but the one guy was badly mistaken when he said "No SEC team is better than Oklahomas, Hell no SEC team is better than Missouri." There are probably 3 teams better than Oklahoma, and probably 5 or 6 better than Missouri.

Wildhog

Quote from: HogsGoneWild on December 16, 2007, 10:26:48 pm
I don't know if we will beat them, but the one guy was badly mistaken when he said "No SEC team is better than Oklahomas, Hell no SEC team is better than Missouri." There are probably 3 teams better than Oklahoma, and probably 5 or 6 better than Missouri.

There are 9 teams better than Mizzou.  Everyone minus the mississippis and vandy.
1909/1964/1965/1977

FL_Hog_Fan

Remember, we act like we have been there before because we have...
What were we arguing about anyway?

Dr Swineglove

December 16, 2007, 10:28:50 pm #7 Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 10:31:26 pm by Dr Swineglove
I think the Hogs are going to turn some heads against Mizzou.  Herring basically is pigeon-holed as a career assistant.  The best way for him to get some HC looks to make an example out of Mizzou - if the Hogs beat the Tigers, Herring will get a good mid-major D1 job for sure.  Lose, and Herring will wind up back in the ACC as a D-coordinator for a mid-level program.  Herring has a whole lot riding on this - about $500k/year.  I bet he puts every ounce of effort into the game, and the players certainly want it for him, bad.

Also, DMac should be righteously PO'ed about his bridesmaid Heisman experience.  I think he just might make the Tigers d squeal like little girls at a slumber party when he shreds the secondary... My worry is how our secondary is going to handle their O.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Wildhog

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on December 16, 2007, 10:28:50 pm
My worry is how our secondary is going to handle their O.

With Campbell coaching, I feel a lot better about that.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Dr Swineglove

Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

secfan30

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on December 16, 2007, 10:28:50 pm
I think the Hogs are going to turn some heads against Mizzou.  Herring basically is pigeon-holed as a career assistant.  The best way for him to get some HC looks to make an example out of Mizzou - if the Hogs beat the Tigers, Herring will get a good mid-major D1 job for sure.  Lose, and Herring will wind up back in the ACC as a D-coordinator for a mid-level program.  Herring has a whole lot riding on this - about $500k/year.  I bet he puts every ounce of effort into the game, and the players certainly want it for him, bad.

Also, DMac should be righteously PO'ed about his bridesmaid Heisman experience.  I think he just might make the Tigers d squeal like little girls at a slumber party when he shreds the secondary... My worry is how our secondary is going to handle their O.

This is the best reasoning on why we will win that I have seen on here. I see a 45-38 type of game though.

harmonyhog

Sorry guys. Too many distractions for the Hog team and coaches. Missouri wins easily by three TD's. Chase Daniel has a field day. Mizzou has something to prove to the nation, having not received a BCS bid. Jan 1 will be a long day for Hog fans. Mizzou 38 Ar 17.

David Brent

We shall see.  They have a great team, but if they were half as good as these guys think they are they would be playing in a BCS bowl.  All they had to do was keep it close with OU.  Instead they had it handed to them by 3 td's.

This should be a great game.  I really feel like our coaches will play like there's no tomorrow and pull out all stops, because for them there really isn't a tomorrow.  I suppose the opposite could happen and they coach this game half-hearted on their way out the door to Ole Miss.  i don't see Reggie letting that happen though.

PORKER1

Now before you say "that was then and this is now" I would like to know who won the last time we played Mizzuo? Oh! thats right WE DID. And as I remember the Tigers was suppose to have a good QB then too.

Ark-35
Mizzou-24

Foots

Quote from: harmonyhog on December 16, 2007, 10:37:53 pm
Sorry guys. Too many distractions for the Hog team and coaches. Missouri wins easily by three TD's. Chase Daniel has a field day. Mizzou has something to prove to the nation, having not received a BCS bid. Jan 1 will be a long day for Hog fans. Mizzou 38 Ar 17.

I think Mizzou will be too dissapointed to man up against us. They think they should be in the orange bowl, not the cotton bowl. I think we'll put a whoopin on them like Texas Tech did to Cal when they were let down in the Holiday bowl years ago.

mizzouman

Quote from: Foots on December 16, 2007, 11:42:57 pm
I think Mizzou will be too dissapointed to man up against us. They think they should be in the orange bowl, not the cotton bowl. I think we'll put a whoopin on them like Texas Tech did to Cal when they were let down in the Holiday bowl years ago.

That could possible happen. 

4razorbacksinky

I loved the guy who said that the team we played this year that most heavily favored Mizzou was Kentucky. I don't know what he was smoking or drinking the day he watched KY but I'll bet it was more than Marlboros and Coke. That idiot has no clue about football if he thinks KY is similar to Mizzou! Mizzou runs an offense very similar to ours. KY on the other hand runs a traditional pocket style offense, due largely to the fact that Rich Brooks has no creativity. Heck, he doesn't even have a brain! Mizzou boy needs to get off the Newton County Weed!
Fear the Tusks!

turdferguson1

Quote from: 4razorbacksinky on December 17, 2007, 01:07:31 am
I loved the guy who said that the team we played this year that most heavily favored Mizzou was Kentucky. I don't know what he was smoking or drinking the day he watched KY but I'll bet it was more than Marlboros and Coke. That idiot has no clue about football if he thinks KY is similar to Mizzou! Mizzou runs an offense very similar to ours. KY on the other hand runs a traditional pocket style offense, due largely to the fact that Rich Brooks has no creativity. Heck, he doesn't even have a brain! Mizzou boy needs to get off the Newton County Weed!

I would agree with him.  Missouri throws the ball.  A lot.  There are few similarities on offense between MU and UofA.

hogs25

December 17, 2007, 01:55:13 am #18 Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 02:01:12 am by hogs25
MO would've finished about 5 or 6 in the SEC this year.

They would not beat;
LSU
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
AU

Tough remaining SEC games had MO been in the power conference;
Arkansas
Alabama
USC

MO is only favored by 3pts.  Three freaking points to the previous #1 team in America.  The Hogs are ranked #25.  Now you tell me according to MO's schedule who Arkansas couldn't beat?  OU?  Maybe but the rest of the schedule is laughable.  My point in all of this is don't be surprised if the Hogs win.

September 1 at Illinois  W 40-34 1-0 (0-0) 
September 8 at Mississippi  W 38-25 2-0 (0-0) 
September 15 Western Michigan  W 52-24 3-0 (0-0) 
September 22 Illinois State  W 38-17 4-0 (0-0) 
October 6 No. 25 Nebraska  W 41-6 5-0 (1-0) 
October 13 at No. 6 Oklahoma  L 41-31 5-1 (1-1) 
October 20 No. 24 Texas Tech  W 41-10 6-1 (2-1) 
October 27 Iowa State  W 42-28 7-1 (3-1) 
November 3 at Colorado  W 55-10 8-1 (4-1) 
November 10 Texas A&M  W 40-26 9-1 (5-1) 
November 17 at Kansas State  W 49-32 10-1 (6-1) 
November 24 at No. 2 Kansas  W 36-28 11-1 (7-1) 
December 1 No. 9 Oklahoma  L 38-17 11-2 (7-1) 
January 1 vs Arkansas  11:30 AM ET Fox Tickets

FBREW000

Quote from: hogs25 on December 17, 2007, 01:55:13 am

They would not beat;
LSU
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
AU

Arkansas
Alabama
USC

MO is only favored by 3pts.  Three freaking points to the previous #1 team in America.  The Hogs are ranked #25.  Now you tell me according to MO's schedule who Arkansas couldn't beat?  OU?  Maybe but the rest of the schedule is laughable.  My point in all of this is don't be surprised if the Hogs win.

We would have lost to OU, Ok State- offense too much for our defense, Kansas, and probably ILL, seriously folks, look, we were horrible agains great passing teams.   And Kentucky would up looking good against us.   We did better towards the end, but it was said, "who would we have lost too?"  so since we sucked toward the beginning of the season and had the yards posted on us that we did by Miss State, well,????

GoodLuckGus

Quote from: FBREW000 on December 17, 2007, 02:04:24 am
We would have lost to OU, Ok State- offense too much for our defense, Kansas, and probably ILL, seriously folks, look, we were horrible agains great passing teams.   And Kentucky would up looking good against us.   We did better towards the end, but it was said, "who would we have lost too?"  so since we sucked toward the beginning of the season and had the yards posted on us that we did by Miss State, well,????

Ummm.... don't be so quick to judge there.  OK State?  Yeah, we weren't as good early, but we smashed Troy pretty good and Troy beat OK State as bad as we beat them.   Now comparing common opponents isn't always sound comparison... but come on.  OK State got whipped by Troy.

turdferguson1

They would not beat;
LSU
Georgia
Florida
Tennessee
AU

Arkansas
Alabama
USC

This is the kind of crap that was talked about before the Wisconsin game last year.  Missouri's a good team.  I'm looking forward to a fun, high-scoring game.

HillCreature

LOL. Ok.

HillCreature

Quote from: GoodLuckGus on December 17, 2007, 02:15:15 am
Ummm.... don't be so quick to judge there.  OK State?  Yeah, we weren't as good early, but we smashed Troy pretty good and Troy beat OK State as bad as we beat them.   Now comparing common opponents isn't always sound comparison... but come on.  OK State got whipped by Troy.

Okie state was a joke at the beginning of the season but they switched QB's and got there shiite together. Not a world beater but barely top 25 just like arkiesaw.

HillCreature

Wildhog

HillCreature, what conference do you think is the best? 
1909/1964/1965/1977

HillCreature

Pretty cocky for a team who has lost the last two match ups with the sooners. And the years when OU has to play the hogs have in fact been down years at the university of Oklahoma.

HillCreature

SEC is the best. But the differenece is not night and day. They have a slight edge in the fact they don't have 3 bad teams at the bottom like most other BCS conferences. The top is no different though. LSU is probably in trouble. Sorry.

HillCreature

Basically the SEC is a conference of about 9 B+ teams and 3 C+ teams. Thats it.
The other conferences have just as good teams but the bottom is weaker. Big deal.

El Dogg Hog

Quote from: SigHog87 on December 16, 2007, 10:21:30 pm
thing is... where were they before last year? lol

EXACTLY!! They talk more trash than any school I have ever seen. They have one good year, were they didn't beat anybody, and they think there Flordia or LSU. DMAC and Felix will show them how good they really are!! WPS!

hogchic2001

Quote from: Wildhog05 on December 16, 2007, 10:24:57 pm
Darren McFadden and Felix Jones.
Go HOGS Go!

hogchic2001

Quote from: HillCreature on December 17, 2007, 04:00:11 am
SEC get over yourself. Seriously.
Seriously, man...the SEC is the best.  Take a look at the Championship game last year as well as the Sugar Bowl....Ohio State and Notred Dame were BEAT handily and by who?  Florida and LSU.  So seriously, you get over yourself..the facts are there.
Go HOGS Go!

Derjen

Quote from: HillCreature on December 17, 2007, 04:18:26 am
Basically the SEC is a conference of about 9 B+ teams and 3 C+ teams.

You've lost ALL credibility.

mizzouman

Quote from: turdferguson1 on December 17, 2007, 01:13:15 am
I would agree with him.  Missouri throws the ball.  A lot.  There are few similarities on offense between MU and UofA.

There are NO similarities between MO and UA offenses.  In fact, UA has never seen an offense like this before.  Not that it will be successful against UA, but it's nothing they have played against, ever.

Maverick Razorback

The other conferences have just as good teams but the bottom is weaker. Big deal.

If the SEC is so weak why do they mismatch us the majority of the time in the bowl matchups?
Quote from: HillCreature on December 17, 2007, 04:00:11 am
SEC get over yourself. Seriously.

Missouri..you had one good season. Seriously.
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

buckhawg

Quote from: Maverick Razorback on December 17, 2007, 09:59:34 am
If the SEC is so weak why do they mismatch us the majority of the time in the bowl matchups?
Missouri..you had one good season. Seriously.

Just wondering if I am reading you right?  If SEC wins a bowl game it is because of the superior conference.  If they lose it's because they were mismatched.  Not arguing just wondering.

jep_hog_fan

Quote from: Wildhog05 on December 16, 2007, 10:24:57 pm

Why or how?  People have already forgotten that we went TO LSU and BEAT the #1 team in the nation.............WITH NUTT. Guess what, news flash, he's gone now. This team is still intact until after the bowl game. Same players, different play caller. We will slow their offense down a little, but I don't see them stopping ours. Offensive shootout, Hogs win.

aar0n

It's alright, they just aren't used to actually having a decent team.   Oklahoma showed them what the real deal is... now it's neighbor is about to remind them.  The guy who calls us inbred is more dumb than anybody though.  Ive stood on top of a hill in Northwest Arkansas and seen all the way to Missouri-I can assure you there is no difference.

jep_hog_fan

Wow, how bad was it when we played at Ole Miss??? They let them put up 25 points and only mustered 38. Hmmm.

Greyhands

We might not beat them but its not going to be some blow out like some of those idiots are saying lol .

bobetty

at least Houston Nutt won't be texting Donna 19 minutes before kickoff this time.    8)

OklaU

3 teams?  Please now.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

Coach Obvious

I think we've had just enough work these couple of weeks with receivers and the passing game to open the ground game up. Razorbacks by two TD's.

Oh, and a boatload of crow on the plate for Mizzou fans.

Coach Obvious

Quote from: bobetty on December 17, 2007, 07:25:49 pm
at least Houston Nutt won't be texting Donna 19 minutes before kickoff this time.    8)

He might still do that. He'll be watching on TV. :D

HardCore

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 16, 2007, 10:21:34 pm
They got a small taste of success and now they've lost all sense of reality.  We (D-Mac) will bring them back to Earth.

Correct.  They are a BASKETBALL school.  They were a basketball school last year, they are a basketball school this year, and they will be a basketball school in the future.  The Big 12 North stunk this year!!!  Wait until Pellini brings back the only true football school in the B12N, the Mizzou thing will fade out quickly.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Purple Tiger

I believe Arkansa has too many athletes for Missouri.

cj_sez

Reading that makes me sick to think I was born in Missouri.

That's the "Show Me" state...well, I can't wait for DMac to put on a show for them.

By the grace of God, my parents took me out of MO as a very small child and I was reared the proper way....the Razorback way.

woghild

Quote from: harmonyhog on December 16, 2007, 10:37:53 pm

I hate to say it, but this is why I don't think we'll win this one.

Unfortunately, too many distractions.

hogs25

This is by far the dumbest thing I've ever read on here.

hogs25

Quote from: woghild on December 18, 2007, 06:37:28 am
I hate to say it, but this is why I don't think we'll win this one.

Unfortunately, too many distractions.

Las Vegas wasn't built on winners.