Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tiger board (Missouri) talks about our matchup just click below photo:

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, December 15, 2007, 09:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Watson

Quote from: NolanForAD on December 26, 2007, 11:34:02 pm
Pac 10 is pretty good.  Not like the Big 12 which is 1-20 against ranked opponents the last two years, with the lone win over TCU.  That's all you need to know about Missou.  Take the Hogs and don't be shy.

Hogs   35-17
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

regi

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 11:35:23 pm
That seems to be a common opinion among pig fans. But where was Arkie in the last 43 years since they got lucky and won their only NC? Was Nutt the coach for all those years or is it possible that Arkie is just Arkie and Nutt did what he could.

Mizzou would kill its over sized women for Arkansas' football history. Have your parents go look up the stats for you.

Wayne Watson

HillCreature, still waiting on you to enlighten us all.  So far, you're failing.
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Ar_Hog on December 26, 2007, 11:40:55 pm
You taking off your socks and shoes to count that High????

Hell, he's from the "show me state".  He'll have to take off his pants to get to 11.
We don't rent pigs

The real Hogules

That seems to be a common opinion among pig fans. But where was Arkie in the last 43 years since they got lucky and won their only NC? Was Nutt the coach for all those years or is it possible that Arkie is just Arkie and Nutt did what he could.

Dude, how many NC's in football did Mizzou collect in D-1 football during that same time frame and how many in basketball, and T&F?
If we're going to start downing each other on the past, then I believe that Missouri comes out the loser again.

I'm telling you that your defense hasn't faced the kind of rushing attack that it will face in Arkansas.
And without Nutt to call the smoke draw 2 our of every 3 plays, or a 5 yard out pattern on 3rd and 8 we're a fairly dangerous team.

I think the defense will play inspired football for their DC who is the acting HC for the Cotton Bowl, but emotion can only last for so long, then it's going to be who wants it worse, your offense or our defense.
I think our defense will hold Missouri to no more than 25 points and that will be low enough for our offense to outscore Missouri's offense.

Hogs win this one and lead from start to finish 34-25.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

ballhog™

Any ounce of credibility was lost right there.  It would be laughable to compare missouri football to Arkansas.  Wow, 1st Jan 1 bowl in 30+ years and you think Missouri is something to brag about...

Here is what Arkansas has done...

1954-1989 71% winning percentage, 9th in the country over 36 years.

11 outright or shared conference championships.

14 years finishing ranked in the top 10.

22 years finishing ranked in the top 17.

The equivalent of 14 BCS bowls.

1990-2007

10 bowl games

4-time SEC West Champions

5 January 1 bowls

If you can show where Missouri has done better than Arkansas over a sustained period of time then I will shut up about it.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

HillCreature

Not disputing that Arkie has a few more wins but you all act like you are Alabama or something. You're pretty far down the pecking order historically just like poor old mizzou.

HillCreature

Quote from: regi on December 26, 2007, 11:36:57 pm
Mizzou would kill its over sized women for Arkansas' football history. Have your parents go look up the stats for you.

I'll have them look up SMU and BYU's history too. They have just as many NC's as you. Actually I believe Arkie even had to split the only NC they ever got. Arkie keep on stroking yourself over that 1/2 of a NC 50 years ago. Pretty pathetic.

HillCreature

Arkie=Uncle Rico

Washed up Never-Was with an unwarranted belief that they could have been special.
I bet Arkie could throw a football over them mountains in '81.

Brownie Tuggle

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 11:23:46 pm
Illinois would beat arkie just like Kentucky did. Kansas would beat Arkie. K-State would be a toss up. Arkie is only good in the eyes of their own fanbase.

And Arkie State would be bowl elgible in the Big Weak 12!

brh

Sorry to have been away from this post, but I didn't believe we would actually feed the troll.  You sir should pack up and leave the board Hillcreature.  IF you want to call us sub-par just go ahead and let your team do the talking.  Oh and before I forget, you don't have a great history in football either.  Throwing around your highschool, flukie ego in the proudest of the Razorback boards is, for lack of a better word, moronic and you'll do nothing but make your blood pressure rise due to the anger you will encounter cause by the frustration of your own small pecker.  In short, go away and think real hard about the mountain folk and look east at West Virginia where most hillbilly stories originated. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HillCreature on December 27, 2007, 01:19:28 am
Arkie=Uncle Rico

Washed up Never-Was with an unwarranted belief that they could have been special.
I bet Arkie could throw a football over them mountains in '81.

OK, I have restrained myself, but I feel the need to intercede at this point. I have perhaps a better or at least more accurate viewpoint than anyone so far because I am from Oklahoma. I will address both sides of the ball here. Wayne, step back, I wll Moderate this one. As for Missouri, they do have a fine football team. Not taking anything away from them, they ARE good. Not good enough to beat OU when they had two chances, but I will say that you guys got screwed when the pollsters stuck Kansas in front of you. As good as Kansas is, they don't deserve that. As for Missouri, on the other hand, I have no sympathy for them anymore than OU as OU had their own destiny in their hands and blew a shot at the NC with two losses that never should have happened. Same can be said for Mizzou......you had your chances but OU took you out behind the woodshed and had their way with you, not once, but twice. You have no logical rebuttal for this, so just remain silent and read.

As for Arkansas.........if you think for one minute that it is not true that the biggest thing holding the Hogs back wasn't Houston Nutt......then you are absolutely out of touch with reality. Nutt saw things in a very two dimensional way. Problem is, it is a three dimensional world. I think you will see a somewhat different Arkansas team playing your boys in the Cotton Bowl. You will see the usual doses of D-Mac and Felix Jones, but as much as I dislike Reggie Herring, he isn't entirely ignorant and he knows the best shot they have to walk out with a win is to bring a more balanced offense to the field. You will see more throwing and then you will have to try to keep track of D-Mac and F-Jo. You may find this vaguely similar to OU's game plan.........you know..........the one that beat you twice? Reggie, being a DC, will be salivating at the possibility of blitzing your QB until his eyes are about to pop out of his head. As long as they keep him contained and not give him access to the outside, Arkansas will have success in this area and we may get to see another fit of frustration by Chase Daniel. As for the SEC beating each other up......this is just so very true. The level of competition overall in the SEC, is probably higher than anywhere else. This is what happens when you have a lot of quality teams in a quality conference.......they beat each other up. In most cases, two losses in the Pac 10 or Big 12 is not the same as two losses in the SEC.

To summarize, let me say this. IF, Missouri comes out and plays like they are capable of playing, they should win the game. Mizzou has a good football team. If they are off in the very least, they might get their clock cleaned by Arkansas. You can't take the Hogs for granted. They too, have a talented football team and for the first time in 10 years, they have HDN's foot off their necks and they have a chip on their shoulders. Beware the Hogs or you just might get your third loss on national t.v. this season.
Go Hogs Go!

HillCreature

Get off the SEC kick. That is all Arkie fans can ever say:

excuse number 1-- The SEC gives us legitimacy even when we suck.
excuse number 2--Houston Nutt held us back.

Neither one is true and saying them over and over and over won't make them come true.

HillCreature

LSU is going to lose to the most over rated number one team in a century. Better get your little SEC cult book out and get your excuse ready.
How about, "Well LSU was still beat up from having gone through that tough SEC schedule". That one never gets old.

Hawgwild8988

Quote from: HillCreature on December 27, 2007, 04:17:53 am
LSU is going to lose to the most over rated number one team in a century. Better get your little SEC cult book out and get your excuse ready.
How about, "Well LSU was still beat up from having gone through that tough SEC schedule". That one never gets old.

so you think Missouri and Ohio State will win? what other teams do you have picked to win so that i can pick the opposite way and make a killing in Vegas?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HillCreature on December 27, 2007, 04:14:21 am

Neither one is true and saying them over and over and over won't make them come true.

So, since you chose not to respond to my post, I assume that you are at a loss for words when confronted with logic and reasoning? It may be you, who is a member of a cult if you refuse to even consider other viewpoints.
Go Hogs Go!

HogNuttz

Quote from: regi on December 26, 2007, 04:55:06 pm
Psst.. Arkansas has played in that bowl. And they actually had to beat a top 25 team to do it.

You don't have to live in the now, but in the past decade or two would be nice.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 04:09:19 pm
LSU also over rated. As is much of the SEC. LSU would get mega-slapped by the sooners this year. Even mizzou would likely take them down. Your conference is nothing but a hype machine and all you tards buy into it.

That is just about the silliest thing I have ever heard.  Ou would be a middle of the road SEC team this year.  I mean sheesh.  Surely you are just mouthing to get people fired up and don't actually believe that.
Let's make some waves.

El Dogg Hog

I just can't wait to hear Mizzou next year after Chase is gone, if he enters the draft. They won't even be ranked in the Pre-season Top 25.  They will be back down to earth and finally stop thinking they are God's gift to football because of one season. Mizzou has had a good year and that's it.....ONE GOOD SEASON. So get off your high horse. Not one Arkansas fan has said AR will kill MU, but MU fans think that they are gonna drop 70 on us....not gonna happen. I'v said it before and I'll say it again, after the Independance Bowl--remember this is the freakin' Independance Bowl--Mizzou talked so much trash, you think they were a NC team every year. Well they didn't have much to say after the game....they actually ran and hid.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

You probably made that same idiotic comment last year about Florida and Ohio ST didn't you?   If you say it enough maybe someday you will get it right, but not this year.  Ohio St will be lucky to put up one touchdown against LSU
Let's make some waves.

WeeeLittlePig

A coachless, "sucky"  4 loss SEC team is deemed a worthy opponent to a 2 loss Big 12 team  LOL

It will really SUCK for you if that 4 loss SEC team beats your 2 loss team won't it?? 
Hotty Toddy is actually a Greek work that means choke.  Paul Finebaum 10/13/09

Hog in MO

Quote from: HillCreature on December 26, 2007, 10:50:56 pm
If you plan to kill your opponents with laughter than that is pretty scary. It's reminiscent of Deliverence. Is that how hillbillies communicate in the backwoods of Arkie? Kinda like the redneck version of those Ricola commercials?

There's nothing more gay than a bunch of MU fans waving their pom pons in the air while yelling "mizzou-rah"

SamBuckhart

Dont you wish you could be a Mizzou fan and have all that great football history, a sorry Mizzou-Rah yell and be called the "show me state". How "broke back", "fudge packer", "man mustard luvin" Bozo is that? Dont show me princess, OK!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

upperdeck_hawg

I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

regi

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 27, 2007, 10:12:26 am
You don't have to live in the now, but in the past decade or two would be nice.

Dude, You were wrong with your ass-sesment of KU vs the Hogs. They are very lucky to be were they are at. Arkansas has done what they are doing this year 10 times over. You made no sense with what you posted.

regi

Quote from: HillCreature on December 27, 2007, 01:05:57 am
Not disputing that Arkie has a few more wins but you all act like you are Alabama or something. You're pretty far down the pecking order historically just like poor old mizzou.

No. Again, Mizzou is on the Level with Miss State, South Carolina, KU, Iowa State, Stanford, Purdue, UK or Virginia historically, Mizzou is nobody in the College football world. Arkansas is well above that.

ccroom

WOW,

Hillcreature, your name says it all.

You need to talk as much smack as you can right now. After New Years Day, you won't be heard from again.

Most fans from around the country have some class, obviuosly you don't.

The old saying goes, "don't throw stones if you live in a glass house"...

Think about that one for a minute or an hour, however long it takes mindless dou$he bags like yourself to figure it out.

Lard

All-time Record
Mizzou  594-505-53 (54%)
Arkansas   644-438-40  (60%)

Bowls
Missouri   10-14 (24 appearances)
Arkansas   11-21-3 (35 appearances)

Post WWII Conference Championships
Missouri  1 outright and 1 shared
Arkansas  6 outright and 5 shared

Post WWII RECOGNIZED national championships
Missouri  0 
Arkansas   1 (1964)

All statistics provided by www.CFBdatawarehouse.com

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

FHSHater

I refuse to read that crap.  If they can't afford vbulletin, or can't figure out how to install phpbb, then I'm not wasting my time.
Mississippi leading the world in being just east of Arkansas.

spudhog

mizzou has had a nice season. they are well coached, have good athlete's and they play really hard. they also compiled a nice record against an improved big 12. when they were ranked #1, i felt up until that point they deserved it. they should not have been left out of the bcs with ku making it.

saying all of this: if you had placed them in the sec. they would have lost 3 maybe 4 games. depending on who's schedule they had gotten. they seem to be on the right track for long term success but come jan 1st, they will discover what it's like to play against a decent sec team.

they have not landed on the moon nor have they "arrived" yet. beat a texas/ou first then come talking.

slopinhogs

i'm glad they think we are not a good team and that they don't need to play hard to beat us. come on down i say come on down. it's a different league this time of year.

watch out tigers the HOGS are in town.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

HogNuttz

Quote from: regi on December 27, 2007, 12:54:53 pm
Dude, You were wrong with your ass-sesment of KU vs the Hogs. They are very lucky to be were they are at. Arkansas has done what they are doing this year 10 times over. You made no sense with what you posted.

My post makes perfect sense, however you make none.  No where was my intention to compare Arkansas tradition to KU tradition.  Another poster stated that Mizzou played one good team all year and lost to them twice.  My ass-sesment was that KU was a good team, THIS YEAR.  I think in any year, any team that makes it to the BCS, provided they don't keep adding BCS games, is a good team.  Kansas lost one game and they are playing in a BCS bowl.  To me this qualifies them as a good team.  I never said they didn't have a cupcake schedule.  I never said their tradition is better than Arkansas, I never said they are a better team than the Razorbacks or anyone else.  My point was simply they are a good team. 

If you contend that this KU team, or any one loss BCS team is not a good team, and obviously the term good is somewhat subjective, then I would assume you would strongly look at qualifing Arkansas as "not a good team" if and when we are a one loss BCS team, correct?
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

HOG RED UMP

"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

DickSonstreetDFW

I've read through all of your posts.

You have a real inferiority complex.

Are there SEC fans trolling on Pac 10 msg boards, telling them how much they suck?  I haven't seen it.

Are there SEC fans trolling Big 12 msg boards telling them how overrated they are?

Every time a Pac-10 or Big 12 team manages to beat an SEC team, suddenly that Pac-10 or Big 12 team is legit in the eyes of the nation.

It doesn't work the other way around, now does it?  No, the SEC measures its teams against no other conference.

Your very BEING HERE trying to disuade the SEC "superiority myth" as you see it, only serves to prove us (and the rest of the nation, I might add) right.

Get a life, loser.

Swinehart

Don't blame us that your own conference placed KU ahead of you.  As I understand it, only two schools can represent any one conference in the BCS.  Not only did you get a whoopin and get knocked out of first;  YOUR OWN CONFERENCE picked you THIRD - not us.  Being a 4 loss team, we don't have all that much to prove.  After all, in our last game we most likely defeated the next Nat'l Champion.  Even if you get lucky and beat a four loss team, have you really proved your conference wrong!

Prince of Swine

Missouri has one great year and they lose their minds.  Typical for a pathetic football state.  I spent four years in Missouri going to college, and I saw first hand the most pitiful high school football I have ever seen.  I saw 5 and 6 A  schools without visitors bleachers.  Most 3a and 4a teams from Arkansas would beat the crap out of most 5a and 6a teams in misery.

Prince of Swine

Who are you to say anything?  Missouri doesn't even come close to having the history that AR has in college football.  Sure you've had a great year, but overall Arkansas has the upper hand.  I will admit Arkansas has not been a football powerhouse since the 60's, but look at the overall success of Arkansas's athletics compared to missouri's.  You're just ticked about misery getting screwed which did happen, but hey life's not fair, so grow up and quit crying.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Swinehart on December 27, 2007, 04:37:38 pm
Don't blame us that your own conference placed KU ahead of you.  As I understand it, only two schools can represent any one conference in the BCS.  Not only did you get a whoopin and get knocked out of first;  YOUR OWN CONFERENCE picked you THIRD - not us.  Being a 4 loss team, we don't have all that much to prove.  After all, in our last game we most likely defeated the next Nat'l Champion.  Even if you get lucky and beat a four loss team, have you really proved your conference wrong!

In all fairness, it wasn't their conference, it was the BCS that displaced them. That being said, Missouri was in charge of their own destiny, and blew it.
Go Hogs Go!

Prince of Swine

Quote from: upperdeck_hawg on December 27, 2007, 12:05:53 pm
New Years Day Bowls in the last 38 years:

Mizzou 1
Arkansas 13
That pretty much sums it up.  We can all admit our record is not excellent, but hey it's 12 better than mizzooo.

Burt B.

Hillcreature, I have read 5 pages of your smack . I'm not going to take the time to respond. I just wonder if your will have the balls to show up January 1  around 2:30 pm for your nice heaping plate of crow. I'll even put gravey on it  so it will go down easier. I bet you won't.

The Max Swineberg 7

Quote from: HillCreature on December 27, 2007, 01:05:57 am
but you all act like you are Alabama or something.

We don't act like Bama.  Bama claims a national championship for one season that they didn't win the SEC and finished 20th in the AP poll.
Arkansas has too many Stepford fans.