Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devon Thomas

Started by PORKER1, December 14, 2007, 10:36:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PORKER1

Has anyone been keeping up with this guy? He's from San Antonio TX and I've been hearing some great things about him. Any comments?

Wildhog

Missouri and A&M offered him........along with Duke and a few others.

Running Back
Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 185 lbs
Forty: 4.4 secs
Class: 2008 (High School)

Three stars.  Position Rank: 21  Rivals Rating: 5.7
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

mossfan33

haha...... yall have no idea.  he is a stud and we just better hope that he stays committed to us
Go HG Hornets. STL Cardinals.  Packers.  Tar Heels  Hogs

PORKER1

I have heard he has blazing speed and can hit the holes quick.

Wildhog

Quote from: mossfan33 on December 14, 2007, 10:39:46 pm
haha...... yall have no idea.  he is a stud and we just better hope that he stays committed to us

I just watched some video of him....Now I agree with you.
1909/1964/1965/1977

SacredGroove

He is a great player that broke his leg during the season. Haven't heard much about his commitment status since TCTGF thing happened.

Checking the SA papers and there is no mention of his status. But according to TexasPrep on rivals he is still an Arkansas commit. I really hope we can keep him.

SpiritHog

According to the Recruiting Forum he is verbally  committed to ARK.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

PORKER1

Where did you get the video of him? What site?

stronguard

One of the shows (Shawn and Wally I think) said that this kid was impressed with the Petrino hire and he was just as committed to the Hogs as he was a few months ago.

I've seen some video of this kids junior year.  He is a STUD.  He went for 300+ yards in Texas highest football classification.  Very good player.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

PORKER1

Can someone put a site up so everybody can see it!

SacredGroove

December 14, 2007, 10:51:17 pm #10 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 10:53:51 pm by SacredGroove
http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=744407

It's a rivals board, so you must be a member to read it.

In general, it says that he committed to the school and not just the coaches. And the only way he would consider changing  his mind is if the new coach ran a run and gun offense.

he racked up 1,447 yards and 17 touchdowns on only 128 carries (11.3 ypc) in just 6 games.

TMc

From what I've read he's solid to us.

PORKER1

ballhogger14u

this was the kid i was worried about the most decommitting, but it looks like he is going to stay with us, this is really good news . he is a great back

Wildhog

Well, he'd have to be a huge disappointment to us for that analogy to work.
1909/1964/1965/1977

AnthroHog

Quote from: Hawianiceman on December 15, 2007, 12:10:22 am
he broke his leg

during his junior year

a shawn mcurdy of football (go head bash me if you don't get the analogy)

He dislocated his ankle in the sixth game of his Senior year.  He had accounted for 335 yards and three touchdowns on 30 carries in that game alone and on the season he had 1,447 yards and 17 touchdowns.  His Junior year, Devin had accumulated 1,889 yards and 23 touchdowns.  Somehow a doctor was able to slide his ankle back into place without surgery.

He's one of the players I was worried about losing after our old coach went to Ole Miss.  I'm excited he's still committed.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: AnthroHog on December 15, 2007, 12:22:53 am
He dislocated his ankle in the sixth game of his Senior year.  He had accounted for 335 yards and three touchdowns on 30 carries in that game alone and on the season he had 1,447 yards and 17 touchdowns.  His Junior year, Devin had accumulated 1,889 yards and 23 touchdowns.  Somehow a doctor was able to slide his ankle back into place without surgery.

He's one of the players I was worried about losing after our old coach went to Ole Miss.  I'm excited he's still committed.

If I remember correctly the game he broke his leg in was a "showdown" game with another highly ranked team with several heavily recruited kids on it.

AnthroHog

Quote from: Hawianiceman on December 15, 2007, 12:20:26 am
what are the deatails of this broken leg

Found this post, http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=163585.0 , it has a link to the video where he was horse-collared.  If that isn't an illegal tackle in Texas high school, it really should be. 

4razorbacksinky

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am impressed. I have seen this kid ranked pretty low on a couple of ESPN's lists. I just thought he was some kid from Texas they weren't impressed with. I don't know who wouldn't be impressed. He is quick to the hole, has great balance and speed and can flat finish a run. IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fear the Tusks!

songofthesword

he is going to step right in and play...

Wildhog

I'm ready to get Thomas Shuler.  He is a hoss.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tejano Jawg

I remember seeing film on him last year in the Recruiting Forum. He's the best high school player I've seen since WR Dez Bryant (now at Ok State).

Bobby needs to take a stroll with him down on The Riverwalk and tell him about the Hogs.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

itsonlyagame

He's the real deal. I wrote him a note when he committed. I teach at the high school he was playing when he got hurt. Just hope he recovers from injury and stays committed. Outside chance he will play in the Army's All-American Bowl in January, then you can watch for yourself.

jb11

I read somewhere that he dress out and led the team out onto the field during the playoffs but did not play.  Probably scared the bageebees out of the other team.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: 4razorbacksinky on December 15, 2007, 01:03:15 am
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am impressed. I have seen this kid ranked pretty low on a couple of ESPN's lists. I just thought he was some kid from Texas they weren't impressed with. I don't know who wouldn't be impressed. He is quick to the hole, has great balance and speed and can flat finish a run. IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If he had committed to OU or TX instead, he would be much higher on their list. Im just saying..............
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

jgphillips3

I think this kid will remind us very much of Fred Talley from what I have heard.  You let him hit that crease and he is gone...

hawgwash

Quote from: Hawianiceman on December 15, 2007, 12:20:26 am
well i just this vid and YES he is very quick

what are the deatails of this broken leg

he looks good outta the spread which petrino is using

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 185 lbs

he's micheal smith esque who (dare i say) is a tab bit overrated
next year will prove a lot about our younger players

So why did you bash this kid, who has verbally committed to us, and THEN watch his video?  He was absolutely tearing up Texas high school football (in the highest classification, I think) before he got hurt. 

big john

i when seen him play one time last year the kid is a race horse he can flat out run the kid had like 300 yards in that game he reminds me lot D Mac just a little smaller guy he will be a starter for sure. ;D
john goodwin

The Realist

He would have shattered 5A rushing records had he stayed healthy
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

4razorbacksinky

Quote from: PorcineSublime on December 15, 2007, 10:46:37 am
If he had committed to OU or TX instead, he would be much higher on their list. Im just saying..............

No doubting that. As a matter of fact, with all the love ESPN has been giving us of late, he probably slides a few more spots on their board now. With this whole situation, I bet we are 100 or lower in recruiting classes according ESPN's ratings.
Fear the Tusks!

hview

He definitely has another gear when he hits a opening.

saywhat?

Quote from: AnthroHog on December 15, 2007, 12:22:53 am

You are correct.  He is a hell of a recruit and was set to move up in the Texas state rankings before his injury.  He would be a four star and in the top 10 RB's in the country if he hadn't gotten hurt.  We're lucky to have him.

hawgwash

Does anyone have a good feel of how he compares to DeAnthony Curtis?

The_Hill

Quote from: hawgwash on December 16, 2007, 12:53:49 am
Does anyone have a good feel of how he compares to DeAnthony Curtis?
As good or better than what I have seen of Curtis, Thomas is very impressive!
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

The_Iceman

this guy reminds me of one of those NFL backs that is like 5'9" but hits people like he is 6'1"

Beaverfever

Am I the only one concerned that he broke his leg?  When I hear this I immediately think Tyrone Prothro.

The_Hill

Prothro had a compound fracture of his lower leg, rarely is a broken leg something that you cannot return from. Thomas's injury was just a dislocation there was no tear or break so it wasn't near as career damaging as it could have been.
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

saywhat?

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 16, 2007, 10:57:34 am
Am I the only one concerned that he broke his leg?  When I hear this I immediately think Tyrone Prothro.

He didn't break his leg.  Dislocated ankle.

itsonlyagame

According to the SA Express-News, Devon and his father are both quoted in this morning's paper as staying committed to Arkansas. He will skip track this spring and continue rehab for his dilocated ankle. Said good things about Petrino & Razorbacks. This is good news.

ksrazorback

If this kid can come back after his injury and hit that extra gear he had, WoW!!

There may two extra gears, Devon T is lighting all over again... think of him and Jones in the backfield!!
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

WP razorback

I hope this kid signs with us.  I just watched one of his videos on Rivals and was extremely pleased with what I saw. It's almost like the kid has another gear when he hits that opening at the line.  I don't know if the video is pre or post injury?

Take it for what it's worth but Rivals has Devin Thomas as a solid verbal to Arkansas.

Nutts and Bolts

Devin was on pace for an unbelievable year before his injury...He has "IT"
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

SpiritHog

This kid is exciting.  According to Richard Davenport he is SOLID in his commit to the Hawgs.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

Pig Power

Quote from: Nutts and Bolts on December 17, 2007, 12:31:19 pm
Devin was on pace for an unbelievable year before his injury...He has "IT"
You are right.. This kid is spectacular and does have "it"!