Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

23 ole miss players ineligible

Started by hog_heaven_2000, December 14, 2007, 08:17:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hog_heaven_2000

December 14, 2007, 08:17:45 pm Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 08:23:56 pm by hog_heaven_2000
I saw on an Ole Miss board that 23 members of the football team are ineligible because of grades. That's like . . . a lot.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=177&f=1103&t=1654583&sto=pagestart
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

PetinoHog

Couldn't happen to a more deserving coach.

razorbacker231

ol misssss.?  :-\  oh yeah we had a coach that left for there right?  oh well....

dakpowers

Quoteabout it so it must have some legs.   If it this can't be turned around it could be hard to over come for several years.

That's not all they've got to be worried about.

Read Meat Market that describes what Coach O and his staff did to get guys in school. Its not surprising they didn't stay eligible.

hillhog

CalHog

Hootie can get it straightened out...he's the man.

PetinoHog

Quote from: CalHog on December 14, 2007, 08:20:32 pm

A winner and a fighter

cj_sez

I'd be interested in seeing the list of ineligible players.
It's a shame that so many student-athletes aren't making the grades, but I'm tickled their new coach inherits this problem.

Sao Ming

I foresee some very torrid emails in these players future...

hog_heaven_2000

Quote from: CalHog on December 14, 2007, 08:20:32 pm

I've never had less faith in any human being to straighten something out as I have in Nutt.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

realpig

I hope it isn't true.  I don't want them to have any reasons for the Hogstomp they are going to get next year.
Successful people do what unsuccessful people dislike doing.  It's not that they like doing them, but their strength of purpose is greater than their dislike of doing them.

cmakrzrbak

No wonder Coach O had great recruiting classes.

Guess what, if you rank Top 10 and only 35% make it through the Spring, you rank Bottom 40.

What a joke.  I agree though, it couldn't have happened to a better man.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

owl

With HUTE as a tutor, they will all have 4 points by  fall
OWL says SUPPORT THE HOGS

Sao Ming

Quote from: hog_heaven_2000 on December 14, 2007, 08:22:37 pm
I've never had less faith in any human being to straighten something out as I have in Nutt.

DB would tell another story...

;D

UhOhioHog

They should give him a two year pass.

Oh yeah, he doesn't know what a pass is!

Bob from Dumas

Karma's a b**ch when it come around in your face!!

Dr Swineglove

I'm feeling deep pangs of sympathy for Nutt  :'(

Maybe we don't want Coach O to be our recruiting
coordinator after all...
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

hog_heaven_2000

December 14, 2007, 08:28:42 pm #18 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 08:32:12 pm by hog_heaven_2000

losthawg68

Quote from: cj_sez on December 14, 2007, 08:22:18 pm
I'd be interested in seeing the list of ineligible players.
It's a shame that so many student-athletes aren't making the grades, but I'm tickled their new coach inherits this problem.

WPS
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

HawgBallLvr

Its Ole Miss, I thought every season is a free pass.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

mosehawg

HDN has been their less than a month and already his players are in trouble!
"I don't take no anesthetic. Did Lincoln ask for any girlie gas when they blowed his head off?"

hogs25

Justifiable Hogicide

havok

He will have them speak to the student life advisor a couple times, run a few wind sprints, then let them play anyhow...LOL

If that doesn't work, he will ask for a 2 year free pass...

PorkBrainz

dang.

between this and a foggy night...whew.....

what happened to those pillow snatchers?

Go Hogs!

HogLard

Just wait until Nutts student coordinator TP gets there . - HogLard

cj_sez

yraciv

and now you know why Orgeron was having good recruiting classes!  It doesn't even mention those committed that are stuck in JUCO.

Reaganite

Nutt's gonna tear up UM's intramural fields!

hogs25

I know from experience while attending UA or any other college for that matter is that if you just show up for class you'll get a C.  Halfazz try and you'll get a B.  BUT if you're not going to class and pretty much sleeping thru it or out playing golf instead you ain't gonna to make it.  23 players, wow!  Yea, you can skip some but you really have to be blanking up to not make a C especially an athlete. 

hawgfandude

I love Ole Miss (for hiring Hootie).  May they always settle for mediocrity.  Go, Bobby!!!!!!!!

hawgfan101

Quote from: Bob from Dumas on December 14, 2007, 08:28:32 pm
Karma's a b**ch when it come around in your face!!

So True...Ole Piss is screwed!!

Rog
Got Bobby?? Arkansas recruits do....

nmoon

Nutt's got his excuse for the first year before he even gets started.  Might take Ole Miss 8-10 years to find out how bad he really is.

Dr Swineglove

Old Piss will be the SEC-West's b!tch.  Even MSU will be getting in on the action.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

HOGPICKER

Can they combine work study and community service?  Could they receive 3 hours credit in criminal justice for their experience getting out of the hotel theft charges?  There has to be a solution that all parties can benefit from. 
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

Cartoon Man

Blue35

Helmet love for ole piss. Sounds like a plan to me.

Bohawg

does this change anyone's thoughts on wanting coach O on staff?  It does mine.  I recall that the last couple of yrs, he recruited great talent but guys that couldn't either get or stay eligible.

Jaison Black

I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

Big Papa Satan

PetinoHog

Quote from: TexasHogfan on December 14, 2007, 08:27:01 pm
They should give him a two year pass.

Oh yeah, he doesn't know what a pass is!

Are they going to have a "investigation"?

razorhog59

Dear Mr.  Dumba$$,   Did I mention that I want you to transfer?   

HoggyWayne

Quote from: Reaganite on December 14, 2007, 08:53:42 pm
Nutt's gonna tear up UM's intramural fields!

....just runnin' around, lettin' those man boobs bounce!

Donny2665

Quote from: hog_heaven_2000 on December 14, 2007, 08:17:45 pm
I saw on an Ole Miss board that 23 members of the football team are ineligible because of grades. That's like . . . a lot.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=177&f=1103&t=1654583&sto=pagestart

Nearly a 3rd of the team.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

HoggyWayne

BTW, it is Mississippi. Why are we so suprised?

Donny2665

A good out for Houston next year. I can hear it already.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

SquidBilly

Quote from: Bohawg on December 14, 2007, 09:22:21 pm
does this change anyone's thoughts on wanting coach O on staff?  It does mine.  I recall that the last couple of yrs, he recruited great talent but guys that couldn't either get or stay eligible.

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg.  Rumor has it Orgeron took his friend Ben Franklin along on a lot of his recruiting trips as well.

slopinhogs

it won't be his fault ,or prtoblem. lets just wait to see who he blames it on this time.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Cave City Joe

Watch hootie forfeit against us next year just to den us the pleasure of stomping their arses.
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra