Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jamal Anderson's comments about Petrino

Started by bcshog, December 14, 2007, 01:58:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Five-O-One

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 02:10:50 pm
All of you that have posted in this thread are ridiculous. 

Jamaal Anderson is more of a Razorback that any of us combined will ever be.  He wore the helmet, he took the beatings.  You didn't. None of you did.

A dumbass?  Not a Razorback?  Just because Anderson rails on his most recent former coach who left with a note in the night, doesn't mean his opinion isn't valid.  Just so happens he went to Arkansas.  So what. 

Jamaal left the UA to make his millions.  Jamaal used the UA to get to where he is now...the UA used Jamaal to anchor a defense that was 10-4.  Give and take. 

You people are idiots.
Good point. Jamaal has been there...I think that's what hurts the most about his reaction. Kind of makes me wonder...can you ever stop being a Razorback once you've been one? I think the answer is yes, but you have to forfeit your standing through words or action. If he is simply railing against a coach that has wronged him he certainly has that right, but if he is intentionally sewing discord among our players he is tempting the football gods and flirting with Razorback Damnation.
The trouble with troubleshooting is ... sometimes trouble shoots back!!! -Armin Meier

Hogchick

I can tell you I talked to a certain coach that lives in and coaches HS in south Arkansas today and he and his kids are nothing, but impressed with the new Head Hog.

I would not worry too much if this is true.

arkfanchip

Jamaal

You are getting caught up in the mob that is ATL. You need to take a step back and speak for yourself. Not just do what your teams mates are doing at 3-10 arena. You guys are wanting to point fingers and put the fact that your team sucks on someone other than yourselves.

I  have watch several of your 3-10 teams games this year. You guys are the quiters. I have seen more effort from a soccer mom that has ran out of her momma's little helper.

This goes to you and all your ATL thugg team mates, take ownership in yourself and your skills. Come out win these next 3 games and move on. If he was such a bad coach with a bad scheme, winning the next 3 games should be simple.

The truth is, your slander of BP has accomplished one positive thing for you and your team. Wondering what this is? Oh you know. ESPiN has finally stopped talking about how bad your team sucks and how your Thugg teammate is in jail for 23 monthes.

Vick is the Fraud, He is the reason you guys are in the situation you are in. You guys didnt believe in yourselves when you lost him. You don't believe in you QB you have leading your team right now

I have 1 finger up for you. It is very basic sign language. So, we all know you know what it means too!
So sit back and shut up!

Chip Johnson

MRG1963

could you even begin to imagine anderson walking into the falcons locker room if he had said anything different? the world does not begin and end in NWA....

Beaverfever

Quote from: Five-O-One on December 14, 2007, 02:18:38 pm
Good point. Jamaal has been there...I think that's what hurts the most about his reaction. Kind of makes me wonder...can you ever stop being a Razorback once you've been one? I think the answer is yes, but you have to forfeit your standing through words or action. If he is simply railing against a coach that has wronged him he certainly has that right, but if he is intentionally sewing discord among our players he is tempting the football gods and flirting with Razorback Damnationation.
Yeah it's one thing to say something bad about petrino when asked but if he is actually going out of his way to take down the team then that is a different thing.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: elksnort on December 14, 2007, 02:14:56 pm
Good post. No doubt! Jamall ought to keep his [CENSORED] mouth shut. It was because of the U of A that he is not making minimum wage some where. I know that he probably worked his tail off to get where he is, but don't HURT your school by running your [CENSORED] mouth.

Brilliant post.  Are you a public speaker by profession?  

Jamaal comes from an educated and very good family and definitely wouldn't have been making minimum wage.  He's a good man.  

AnthroHog

Quote from: Hawgon on December 14, 2007, 02:16:43 pm
Oh, I think you know if you just think about it a bit.

Didn't want to think I was the only one that thought that would be where he was getting the numbers.  Wonder if it would be a big recruiting violation against a former coach's new school for doing that?

LZH

Quote from: spudhog on December 14, 2007, 02:14:49 pm
he's old enough to say what he wants to. not like any of us haven't said a bad thing or two about the uofa or one of it's coaches. we still get to wear the cardinal and white, so should he

+1...'nuff said.

Silver Hog

Wingo Hog

What was he suppost to say? Someone asked him about Petrino...he cant stand up for Petrino after what he did. The players in the ATL locker room would destroy him, they would treat him like crap from then on. Exactly what was he suppost to say? some of you need to wake up.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 14, 2007, 02:15:03 pm
Well if he is actually talking to recruits and convincing current players to leave then he can keep his "real razorback" a$$ off campus.  But I doubt the legitimacy of alot of these claims.

I'm certain that an NFL rookie defensive end with all of his meetings, workouts, treatment, etc has plenty of time to get recruit names from Otis and call them.  

The parts per million of piss in the ocean is higher than the number of people who know what in the Hell they're talking about in this thread.  

Houston h

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 02:20:31 pm
Brilliant post.  Are you a public speaker by profession?  

Jamaal comes from an educated and very good family and definitely wouldn't have been making minimum wage.  He's a good man.

Jamaal needs to concentrate on not getting owned on the line game in and game out.  He needs to worry about recording his first NFL sack and start living up to the draft choice that was used to pick him.

Illinihog

What would some of you clowns say if your coach just bailed out on you with 3 weeks left in the season?  None of you guys are even in Atlanta and none of you guys are around the Falcons. 

The players can't say ya know what there are 3 games left in the season I don't feel like coming to work.  But the coach can just say man I like this new job over here I'm gonna go get it with 3 games left in the season.

Jamaal is just venting some frustration.  Coach Petrino isn't a good NFL coach.  That's plain and simple. I've seen every Falcons game and the guy just looked lost and disinterested.  That's the thing the players are saying if you read a lot of the stuff like Dunn and Milloy are saying yes Petrino did screw with their livelihood.  If he isn't in totallly and doesn't do the right things for the team than they are done from the get go.

For a man that had Loyalty,Honor,Leadership starts at the top,Finish what you start, messages all over the facility he didn't really live up to his end of the bargain.

Blast a way but I have to stick up for the players in this aspect.

snoblind

Good to see Hogville back to normal.  So much for civility...

Tripod1

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 02:17:19 pm
My hugging?  I'm not a hugger, never had been.  

I need you to break this down for me.  How would a true Hog not do / say what Jamaal has said?  
Let me see if i can type this slow enough for you to understand.  Name me one true hog that (if the story is true) calls future recruits and current players and tells them to NOT play for the Razorbacks.  He has every right to talk about his former coach and his coaching IN ATLANTA, but that should stop at the ARKANSAS state line.  No true Hog would intentionally try and hurt our program which he is doing, again, IF that report is correct.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: swisshog on December 14, 2007, 02:18:05 pm
A nutt thug, anybody surprised?

How is Jamaal a thug?  Answer that question.  Because he has an opinion?  If he's a thug we're all thugs.  

Ate up.

elksnort

My understanding is that he is a bright guy. You can be very bright and not make a salary worth a damn here in Arkansas. My point is that he should chose what he says not to hurt the University of Arkansas.

And by the way. Don't get personal with me. I imagine that I am as well educated as are you and anyone else on this board.

nutts

Consider the Source;  this story came from ESPN.  Home of Les Miles is going to Michigan, Tim Tebow is the greatest college football player ever, and many other Myths that only ESPN can come up with!  Consider the Source!!

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: Hawgon on December 14, 2007, 02:16:43 pm
Oh, I think you know if you just think about it a bit.

From an Ole Miss Cell phone perhaps?

Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

bcshog

December 14, 2007, 02:25:21 pm #69 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:27:40 pm by bcshog
Quote from: Hogchick on December 14, 2007, 02:20:03 pm
I can tell you I talked to a certain coach that lives in and coaches HS in south Arkansas today and he and his kids are nothing, but impressed with the new Head Hog.

I would not worry too much if this is true.

Good...we need a head coach that can have positive relationships with h.s. coaches around the state instead of news reporters...haha.

Puerco Diablo

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 02:10:50 pm
All of you that have posted in this thread are ridiculous. 

Jamaal Anderson is more of a Razorback that any of us combined will ever be.  He wore the helmet, he took the beatings.  You didn't. None of you did.

A dumbass?  Not a Razorback?  Just because Anderson rails on his most recent former coach who left with a note in the night, doesn't mean his opinion isn't valid.  Just so happens he went to Arkansas.  So what. 

Jamaal left the UA to make his millions.  Jamaal used the UA to get to where he is now...the UA used Jamaal to anchor a defense that was 10-4.  Give and take. 

You people are idiots.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  Doesn't make you less dumb.

JA can have his opinion too but if he has crossed the line to actively disuade recruits from committing to UofA, then he is IN FACT disloyal and should be disavowed.

Rockoutw/yourHogout

Cale

isn't it illegal for NFL prospects to contact High School prospects?

I could have swore there was questioning about Reggie Bush contacting joe Adams last year.

also. who cares if BP is a bit of a bully and hard-ass. I bet we have a very disiciplined squad come september.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

Five-O-One

Quote from: nutts on December 14, 2007, 02:24:37 pm
Consider the Source;  this story came from ESPN.  Home of Les Miles is going to Michigan, Tim Tebow is the greatest college football player ever, and many other Myths that only ESPN can come up with!  Consider the Source!!
Les Miles is going to Michigan. He's doing the right thing by giving his players every chance for the NC, but then he's gonna bolt.
The trouble with troubleshooting is ... sometimes trouble shoots back!!! -Armin Meier

Squealers

Anyone would be a bully compared to the slobbering, babbling, nail biting, a$$ patting homer of a coach we just dumped.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Beaverfever

HawgG

bcshog

I was hoping that all of the pub that baseball has been getting the past two days would help alieve our situation.

StoernerJonesFan

First, Jamaal Anderson didnt even graduate.  He's not an alum, he just played here.  This is not his campus and if he wants to trash talk OUR head coach, then he has no place calling himself a razorback.

Second, NFL is a professional business.  Petrino leaving was a business decision that will pan out in about a year as to whether it was a good one or not.  ESPN and the media bunch that are calling him names would have a little more backing, had he done this in college.  Your players in the NFL are employees.  Your players in college are kids depending on you.  BIG difference. 

bcshog

Quote from: Illinihog on December 14, 2007, 02:23:01 pm
What would some of you clowns say if your coach just bailed out on you with 3 weeks left in the season?  None of you guys are even in Atlanta and none of you guys are around the Falcons. 

The players can't say ya know what there are 3 games left in the season I don't feel like coming to work.  But the coach can just say man I like this new job over here I'm gonna go get it with 3 games left in the season.

Jamaal is just venting some frustration.  Coach Petrino isn't a good NFL coach.  That's plain and simple. I've seen every Falcons game and the guy just looked lost and disinterested.  That's the thing the players are saying if you read a lot of the stuff like Dunn and Milloy are saying yes Petrino did screw with their livelihood.  If he isn't in totallly and doesn't do the right things for the team than they are done from the get go.

For a man that had Loyalty,Honor,Leadership starts at the top,Finish what you start, messages all over the facility he didn't really live up to his end of the bargain.

Blast a way but I have to stick up for the players in this aspect.
That clown should just be happy to be in the NFL considering he was built up from a 180lb receiver into a 260+ DE. by the U of A.  How depressed can he be considering he is making millions?

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: elksnort on December 14, 2007, 02:23:59 pm
My understanding is that he is a bright guy. You can be very bright and not make a salary worth a damn here in Arkansas. My point is that he should chose what he says not to hurt the University of Arkansas.

And by the way. Don't get personal with me. I imagine that I am as well educated as are you and anyone else on this board.

I didn't get personal and dont' care about your education.  Just commenting on your liberal use of "[CENSORED]" to make a point when it wasn't needed.  

So when can we expect your post denouncing DMac for quitting the UA to make his millions?  

bcshog

Merle Hawggard

hey jamal, why dont you place some wagers on the bad newz kennels...then you can bunk with your hero!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on December 14, 2007, 02:33:24 pm
First, Jamaal Anderson didnt even graduate.  He's not an alum, he just played here.  This is not his campus and if he wants to trash talk OUR head coach, then he has no place calling himself a razorback.

What's this have to do with anything?  Is he less of a Razorback because he didn't graduate, isn't an alum, because he just played there?  Petrino was HIS head coach before he became ARKANSAS' head coach, NOT YOUR head coach.  

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Tripod1 on December 14, 2007, 02:23:03 pm
Let me see if i can type this slow enough for you to understand.  Name me one true hog that (if the story is true) calls future recruits and current players and tells them to NOT play for the Razorbacks.  He has every right to talk about his former coach and his coaching IN ATLANTA, but that should stop at the ARKANSAS state line.  No true Hog would intentionally try and hurt our program which he is doing, again, IF that report is correct.

You throw in the king of caveats, IF, into your post.

So you're all pissed off at Jamaal Anderson over something that you don't even have enough information on to even form an opinion?  

StoernerJonesFan

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 02:37:53 pm
What's this have to do with anything?  Is he less of a Razorback because he didn't graduate, isn't an alum, because he just played there?  Petrino was HIS head coach before he became ARKANSAS' head coach, NOT YOUR head coach.  

B/c of his comments, yes he is less of a razorback. 
Regarding ANY issue concerning college, would you be able to take criticism from an alum or from someone who left early (or transfered out)?

I was all about Jamaal being a 1st round draft pick and showing arkansas pride, but what he is doing is hurting the program.  He's getting paid millions of dollars to play football.  He's an employee now and needs to keep his mouth shut.

Destin2bAhog

Quote from: Hire Kiffin on December 14, 2007, 02:22:40 pm
What was he suppost to say? Someone asked him about Petrino...he cant stand up for Petrino after what he did. The players in the ATL locker room would destroy him, they would treat him like crap from then on. Exactly what was he suppost to say? some of you need to wake up.
He could have kept his mouth shut.  The Atl QB supports Petrino and wished him well.   He's a form Louisville player and had the courage not to hang with the other Falcon gangsta's. 

And, yes JA said it. I was in Atlanta last night and heard him make the stupid statements.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071214/SPORTS/712140501/1002/SPORTS

Five-O-One

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 02:42:36 pm
You throw in the king of caveats, IF, into your post.

So you're all pissed off at Jamaal Anderson over something that you don't even have enough information on to even form an opinion?  

Geez...do you mean you want us to have our facts straight before crucifying a great Arkansas Razorback??? You take all of the fun out of it.

Hogdomer

Quote from: nutts on December 14, 2007, 02:02:39 pm
Just b/c Jamal couldn't play for anybody except HDN doesn't mean that Felix or anybody else wouldn't be able to. 

Uh, he was a top ten pick in the NFL draft.  He could have played for any coach in the country.

StoernerJonesFan

Quote from: Five-O-One on December 14, 2007, 02:45:15 pm
Geez...do you mean you want us to have our facts straight before crucifying a great Arkansas Razorback??? You take all of the fun out of it.

...Boy i sure am glad those distractions (haters) from the north are gone...

(S A R C A S M)

Hogchick

December 14, 2007, 02:49:12 pm #90 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:50:45 pm by Hogchick
Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on December 14, 2007, 02:33:24 pm

Second, NFL is a professional business.  Petrino leaving was a business decision that will pan out in about a year as to whether it was a good one or not.  ESPN and the media bunch that are calling him names would have a little more backing, had he done this in college.  Your players in the NFL are employees.  Your players in college are kids depending on you.  BIG difference. 

I can bet there are a TON of posters on this board who are not alums of the University of Arkansas and that does not keep them from voicing their opinions on the school.

Five-O-One

Quote from: Hogchick on December 14, 2007, 02:49:12 pm
I can bet there are a TON of posters on this board who are not alums of the University of Arkansas.
Good call.

StoernerJonesFan

December 14, 2007, 02:51:39 pm #92 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:53:31 pm by StoernerJonesFan
Quote from: Hogchick on December 14, 2007, 02:49:12 pm
I can bet there are a TON of posters on this board who are not alums of the University of Arkansas.

Ok?
But if we call current players and (possibly) new recruits and tell them deragatory things and not to play for Petrino, the majority of us wont stray them one way or another.

Our level of influence would be significantly lower than say...Jamaal Anderson's.

Five-O-One

Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on December 14, 2007, 02:51:39 pm
Ok?
But if we call current players and (possibly) new recruits and tell them deragatory things and not to play for Petrino, the majority of us wont stray them one way or another.
Neither will Jamal Anderson...imagine the call, 'Don't go play for that coach that everyone is talking about. You know the one that left my NFL team to coach the Razorbacks.'

FAABrad

I think that the vast majority of hog fans have zero problem with Jamal railing on Petrino.  However, I also think most believe Jamal crosses over a line if he is giving unsolicited advice to current or future Hogs to leave or reconsider playing there.

Trottsky

Hate to crack on Jamaal, but he's not having a great season anyway. He's NOT making the NFL all-rookie team.

Ugho, of course, will make the roster.

Hogchick

Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on December 14, 2007, 02:51:39 pm
Ok?

Our level of influence would be significantly lower than say...Jamaal Anderson's.

Where was your self rightousness when all the non alums were bashing the program in past months?

Just sayin....

FayettenamVeteran

December 14, 2007, 02:55:30 pm #97 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 02:57:50 pm by El Petrino
Quote from: StoernerJonesFan on December 14, 2007, 02:44:06 pm
B/c of his comments, yes he is less of a razorback. 
Regarding ANY issue concerning college, would you be able to take criticism from an alum or from someone who left early (or transfered out)?

I was all about Jamaal being a 1st round draft pick and showing arkansas pride, but what he is doing is hurting the program.  He's getting paid millions of dollars to play football.  He's an employee now and needs to keep his mouth shut.

Let's make this about you or I now and see if our opinion changes.

StoernerJonesFan / El Petrino are employees of a company.  We both work 3rd shift pulling chicken asses out with an auger at a chicken plant.  Our boss just quit.  Our boss went to work where we went to school to teach how to pull chicken asses out with this very technical and sophisticated chicken ass auger.  

StoernerJonesFan and myself are upset that our boss left our chicken plant...he told us he'd run 3rd shift forever, even though his wife hated it and the kids didn't know their dad.  Bossman just left a note on the breakroom door...."Audi5 ya'll, work hard and keep 3rd shift rollin".  StoernerJonesFan and I thought our Bossman was an OK guy but that he was better than leaving us with a note.  

The leading chicken plant industry trade publication, astonished by Bossman picking up and leaving, comes to the chicken plant.  Amongst chicken ass, feathers, beaks and poop, they get to our line at 4 in the morning and ask what we think about Bossman leaving since we worked for him.  We say that he was disloyal to us.

Now:
1.  Are StoernerJonesFan and I bad people and not true members of our school because our boss just left where we currently work to go back there to teach?  

2.  What is the name of our tool?  

3.  What shift do we work?  

StoernerJonesFan

Quote from: Five-O-One on December 14, 2007, 02:53:39 pm
Neither will Jamal Anderson...imagine the call, 'Don't go play for that coach that everyone is talking about. You know the one that left my NFL team to coach the Razorbacks.'

"Wow a first round draft pick and former player of this new coach is telling me this guy is not the one to play for."

I guess until you and i get drafted in the first round and our 1st year nfl coach up and leaves, then we will never know.

Argument goes both ways.  Either way its a classless move by anderson.  He's getting paid regardless.

Five-O-One

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 02:55:30 pm
Let's make this about you or I now and see if our opinion changes.

StoernerJonesFan / El Petrino are employees of a company.  We both work 3rd shift pulling chicken asses out with an auger at a chicken plant.  Our boss just quit.  Our boss went to work where we went to school to teach how to pull chicken asses out with this very technical and sophisticated chicken ass auger.  

StoernerJonesFan and myself are upset that our boss left our chicken plant...he told us he'd run 3rd shift forever, even though his wife hated it and the kids didn't know they're dad.  Bossman just left a note on the breakroom door...."Audi5 ya'll, work hard and keep 3rd shift rollin".  StoernerJonesFan and I thought our Bossman was an OK guy but that he was better than leaving us with a note.  

The leading chicken plant industry trade publication, astonished by Bossman picking up and leaving, come to the chicken plant.  Amongst chicken ass, feathers, beaks and poop, they get to our line at 4 in the morning and ask what we think about Bossman leaving since we worked for him.  We say that he was disloyal to us.

Now:
1.  Are StoernerJonesFan and I bad people and not true members of our school because our boss just left where we currently work to go back there to teach?  

2.  What is the name of our tool?  

3.  What shift do we work?  

I have agreed with most of your previous posts...but I have to say after reading that analogy I don't see what JA is complaining about. A chicken ass is a chicken ass no matter who your boss is or where you work.