Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jamal Anderson's comments about Petrino

Started by bcshog, December 14, 2007, 01:58:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cmakrzrbak

Quote from: hogfan2286 on December 14, 2007, 04:42:23 pm
Just because I don't have a link doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Are you really trying to tell me that Beck Campbell did not assist in the tarnishing of Nutt's reputation?  Mitch's grandmother got on the news and moreorless badmouthed Nutt's handling of Mitch.  Does that not qualify? The similarities between Jamaal bashing Petrino and members of the Springdale 5 bashing Nutt exist.  The difference is you supported the bashing of Nutt, as it helped in his eventual ousting.  Jamaal probably should not have commented on the coaching situation at Arkansas, but he did and like all things this media frenzy will pass.  Jamaal is a great guy and was a great Razorback, his comments have not come anywhere close to the damage inflicted on the program by the circus that surrounded Nutt and the Springdale 5.  Give Jamaal a break.

WTH ever.  You are officially insane.  Nutt got what he deserved.  While I agree Jamaal is saying these things partially b/c of the heat that is on in ATL and the fact that he needs to remain faithful to his current team, he really would be better off saying no comment and leaving it at that.

Welcome, Nutthugger Extraordinaire to my ignore list.  Have fun rooting for The Rebs, loser.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

MCPeePants

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 07:58:38 pm
I declared the first 5 posters in this thread idiots. Not everyone in the thread.

You've been a condescending d!ckhead to virtually everyone you've responded to in this thread. Why?

You could have made all of your points without being such an anus. 

hogfan2286

Quote from: cmakrzrbak on December 14, 2007, 08:52:52 pm
WTH ever.  You are officially insane.  Nutt got what he deserved.  While I agree Jamaal is saying these things partially b/c of the heat that is on in ATL and the fact that he needs to remain faithful to his current team, he really would be better off saying no comment and leaving it at that.

Welcome, Nutthugger Extraordinaire to my ignore list.  Have fun rooting for The Rebs, loser.

I don't think Jamaal should have said anything.  All I have been trying to do is point out the hypocrisy of posters on this board who are bashing Jamaal for doing the same thing Mitch and others did with Nutt.  Do you not think that Mitch talked to Andrew and Ben about how he felt about Nutt after he left?  That is all Jamaal is doing in talking to Felix and others.  I refuse to believe that Jamaal is contacting recruits.  You would have to be insane to believe Jamaal, who is in the middle of his first NFL season, has time to call people he doesn't even know to badmouth Petrino.

Jimbob111

What amazes me isn't that Jamaal verbalized criticism of Petrino.  What amazes me is that you people are so focused on who said what, why he said it, whether that makes him a true Razorback or a "thug" from Atlanta, etc. rather than focusing on WHAT he said. 
The OP said he reported Petrino was a bully.  Well, that's certainly not news.  How many college coaches have had the same complaint made against them after going to the NFL?
Rather than rip Jamaal, why don't we recognize that some college coaches are bullys.  That's one reason it's hard for college coaches in the NFL.  You can't pay someone 10 million bucks a year and then dress them down like a redshirt freshman.
Some good college coaches are bullys to the players and sometimes, it works on college kids.  Is Nick Saban a good college coach?  Sure.  Is he a bully?  Well, I've never played for him so I can't say.  I've never played for Petrino either so I'll have to get my inside info from those who have.
My point is, what's considered bullying in the NFL is sometimes considered good coaching in college.  Just like in college.  I've had teachers say things to me I'd never take from my boss.
JB

"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

spahoopsfan

Poor Anderson, don't let some mean ole coach bully you.  All yous falcon players ya don't need no body to tell you what to do.  You are winners, your dogs won every fight and you didn't have to bully them. 

Sivad

Jamal:

At best, you're looking pretty stupid.

SpiritHog

Non Illegitimus Carborundum

Sir Hog Alot

Quote from: swisshog on December 14, 2007, 02:18:05 pm
A nutt thug, anybody surprised?
Jamal Anderson is not a thug! Nutt Hugger, yes! Thug no! Jamal is a classy kid who has always represented our state well.  I would hope that he would let the kids on the team make their own opinions about our new coach. 

LIVNLUVHAWGS

Jamal is entitled to say whatever about a former coach on ESPN but calling UofA to sabotage our players and recruits....distinct lack of maturity and class on his and El Petrino's part
GO HOGS!!!

mykidsdad

Quote from: mj4president on December 14, 2007, 06:42:47 pm
Well we are all members of the public here. It seems to me that public opinion is that MM was treated unfairly. So, no I didn't go with the public. I didn't have a countdown to when he was on campus. Everytime he was on the bench I didn't say "In high school he did..." "In high school MM was...." I held my breath when we passed (also when CD was in, I don't like MM but CD didn't set the world on fire either) b/c it didn't look so hot. I hear about Beck Campbell trying to run the show. Yes, MM DID let his mommy talk for him. I actually have met him but that was it. Other than shaking his hand I don't know him past that. Still in my mind he is a baby. That is just my opinion. Not trying to stir anything up. I want to win and now that nutt job is gone and with BP in we could be dangerous.

Does your mommy know that you post? Did you get permission? It sounds like you are the one with a problem. You a little jelous of him, or did he kick you wittle high school team? Poor wittle you.

Hog inAustin

Remember, he is a Nutt guy...recruited by and played for...leftthe Hogs a year early, thank you Jamal, and now yaks on his former coach...I love what he did while a Hog but it seems he is more aligned to Nutt than to the University.  I will miss pulling for him but he is now out of the family.

mykidsdad

Jamaal just doesn't know what it is like to have a REAL coach. He is used to the GOB coach that he had while at Arkansas. You know the one, the one that he is helping now. The one that in order to play you don't have to be the most talented, you don't have to be the hardest worker, heck you don't even have to practice (ask Cobbs, Jones, and many others), all you need to do is "like" the coach and "kiss the ring".

hawgsav1

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 02:10:50 pm
All of you that have posted in this thread are ridiculous. 

Jamaal Anderson is more of a Razorback that any of us combined will ever be.  He wore the helmet, he took the beatings.  You didn't. None of you did.

A dumbass?  Not a Razorback?  Just because Anderson rails on his most recent former coach who left with a note in the night, doesn't mean his opinion isn't valid.  Just so happens he went to Arkansas.  So what. 

Jamaal left the UA to make his millions.  Jamaal used the UA to get to where he is now...the UA used Jamaal to anchor a defense that was 10-4.  Give and take. 

You people are idiots.

Thank you for some sense....+1 if I could
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

hawgsav1

time to trash this thread.  The rumors and idiocy are getting out of control...
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

wsgentry

I think alot of posters are drinking and posting at the same time.

mj4president

Quote from: mykidsdad on December 15, 2007, 12:23:16 am
Does your mommy know that you post? Did you get permission? It sounds like you are the one with a problem. You a little jelous of him, or did he kick you wittle high school team? Poor wittle you.

I don't have a mom anymore you dumbass. Maybe that is why I don't understand MM GETTING HIS MOM TO DEAL WITH HIS STUFF. I'm 19. I grew up a little faster than most of you. He NEEDED TO DEAL WITH HIS OWN STUFF. I'm sure MM calls Beck on the weekends to find out what his curfew is. I still don't understand "did MM beat my high school" stuff. That isn't why I don't like him. I was happy when he first came to the U of A. He started pissing me off when he put on his pampers when he was a Freshman in college. At that age you deal with your own situations in life.

What's all this crap about JA being "disloyal" because he left after his junior year? Will DMAC be considered "disloyal" because he will leave? He LEFT for the "Better situation" You know that phrase that yall are in love with as to why BP came here. I'm glad he is here. We will be a force in 3 years. It just pisses me off when yall turn on JA when he did so great for us. He didn't get busted with drugs or anything. He is a good kid that SAID SOMETHING. That is ALL he has done for yall to totally throw him under the bus. Who else spoke out? WARRICK DUNN. He has a pretty good rep. Joey Harrington also said somethings. He doesn't have a bad wrap. If everyone on the team thinks he is a liar then he probably is.

I like BP as our coach. We can only go up from here with him as our head coach.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

bcshog

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 07:58:38 pm
I declared the first 5 posters in this thread idiots. Not everyone in the thread.  

If you are truly sad that "admin" is by my name, then you probably need to get a life.  Be sad about something else going on in the world, not about my being an admin on this board.  Unreal.  
Half of the $hit on this board is material gathered from ESPN, talk shows and other sources and you are going to call me an idiot.  I don't give two flips that you are an admin or what you had to do to get that title.  You sir have a god complex..."I declare the first five posters idiots."  You're a joke!

Seconds

Quote from: mj4president on December 14, 2007, 06:42:47 pm
Well we are all members of the public here. It seems to me that public opinion is that MM was treated unfairly. So, no I didn't go with the public. I didn't have a countdown to when he was on campus. Everytime he was on the bench I didn't say "In high school he did..." "In high school MM was...." I held my breath when we passed (also when CD was in, I don't like MM but CD didn't set the world on fire either) b/c it didn't look so hot. I hear about Beck Campbell trying to run the show. Yes, MM DID let his mommy talk for him. I actually have met him but that was it. Other than shaking his hand I don't know him past that. Still in my mind he is a baby. That is just my opinion. Not trying to stir anything up. I want to win and now that nutt job is gone and with BP in we could be dangerous.

Do you work for a Ft. Smith radio station, by chance? ;)
Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 20, 2009, 03:37:25 pm
I believe that Obama could set an orphanage on fire and spray down the children with gasoline as they ran to escape it and you and Veritas would praise him for the beauty and quality of the fire.

Seconds

Quote from: mj4president on December 15, 2007, 01:19:32 am
I don't have a mom anymore you dumbass. Maybe that is why I don't understand MM GETTING HIS MOM TO DEAL WITH HIS STUFF. I'm 19. I grew up a little faster than most of you. He NEEDED TO DEAL WITH HIS OWN STUFF. I'm sure MM calls Beck on the weekends to find out what his curfew is. I still don't understand "did MM beat my high school" stuff. That isn't why I don't like him. I was happy when he first came to the U of A. He started pissing me off when he put on his pampers when he was a Freshman in college. At that age you deal with your own situations in life.

What's all this crap about JA being "disloyal" because he left after his junior year? Will DMAC be considered "disloyal" because he will leave? He LEFT for the "Better situation" You know that phrase that yall are in love with as to why BP came here. I'm glad he is here. We will be a force in 3 years. It just pisses me off when yall turn on JA when he did so great for us. He didn't get busted with drugs or anything. He is a good kid that SAID SOMETHING. That is ALL he has done for yall to totally throw him under the bus. Who else spoke out? WARRICK DUNN. He has a pretty good rep. Joey Harrington also said somethings. He doesn't have a bad wrap. If everyone on the team thinks he is a liar then he probably is.

I like BP as our coach. We can only go up from here with him as our head coach.

You're 19?  Enough said. Enjoy your weekend. Go play Wii or Playstation.
Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 20, 2009, 03:37:25 pm
I believe that Obama could set an orphanage on fire and spray down the children with gasoline as they ran to escape it and you and Veritas would praise him for the beauty and quality of the fire.

lrrazorbackmatt

December 15, 2007, 07:50:55 am #219 Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 07:59:41 am by lrrazorbackmatt
Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 08:05:49 pm
If it's that bad here, if the admins are so horrible, then you must be a sadomasochist with over 3000 posts.  I love broad strokes of the brush...with admins, with Jamaal, with most everything.  

You sound like you have an axe to grind anyway.  Why don't you expound on your admin bashing?  You won't be banned or muted...let's hear it.  Those that are "some" admins need to be identified and seperated from the rest of us.  They are the good guys.  Let's not broad stroke all admins, just pigeon hole those of us with no integrity, class or fairness.  That's funny coming from people who have assaulted the character of Jamaal Anderson for something that you don't even know for sure if he said or not.  

just to comment on the admins, I personally know of a person who was banned for being a Nutt supporter, and the tip of the iceberg was suggesting Broyles help in the coaching hire, since he'd done it before and had success. that got a message "you are banned, sick of your stupidity"

to respond to your first post here and get back on the Jamal topic, Even though he has worked his butt off and has worn the helmet, and did help us go 10-4, I just lose alot of respect for a guy that is contacting our players and recruits to talk down about the new coach.  Petrino is who we have now and we'll have for the next few years or longer. What does a first round millionare have to gain by trying to hurt his college program? by talking down about the new coach just b/c he knows him? Is anderson so neieve he thinks he's helping the program by talking bad about their new coach? Jamal can only hurt this program if this is what he's saying. Either way, Jamal is either real dumb, or real disloyal (most likely a little of both) at this point and I don't have any respect for him.

War Warthog

Quote from: cj_sez on December 14, 2007, 02:58:58 pm
And tons are alums.

But there is a vast difference between voicing opinions on this board and directly contacting Felix or others and encouraging them to leave. Fayetteville has a great college atmosphere. UA inspires loyalty and I'm dismayed that apparently Jamaal was not so inspired. Any derogatory remarks about UA, directly or indirectly by him, rankles.

"Hello, Mr. Interception King...

Did I mention I want you to transfer"

I believe those comments were made in a fit of loyalty, in the eyes of commentator.

Resignation called, brutha!

TitanTiger

I was in Atlanta on business this past week when the coaching hire went down, so there was obviously a lot of coverage.  He had some very harsh comments.  I'm paraphrasing but it was something like, "My coach is at Ole Miss now and with him (Petrino) leaving for Arkansas, there's nothing for me there anymore."

I can't provide a link because it was on the late local news in ATL, but I'm not making it up.