Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jamal Anderson's comments about Petrino

Started by bcshog, December 14, 2007, 01:58:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ark30inf

Just two things:
1) Arkansas Razorback sports markets to the entire population of the state, not just its alums.  Since it does this, and makes money off of it, the lowest blue-collar mechanic fan also is free to talk about the program.
2) Arkansas Razorback players, even if they didn't graduate, were Arkansas Razorback players and still qualify as former Razorbacks.

StoernerJonesFan

Quote from: Hogchick on December 14, 2007, 02:55:10 pm
Where was your self rightousness when all the non alums were bashing the program in past months?

Just sayin....

It wasnt reading message boards when i was working and writing papers...sorry.  Giving finals out and handling school are a little more important than hogville.

cj_sez

Quote from: Hogchick on December 14, 2007, 02:49:12 pm
I can bet there are a TON of posters on this board who are not alums of the University of Arkansas and that does not keep them from voicing their opinions on the school.

And tons are alums.

But there is a vast difference between voicing opinions on this board and directly contacting Felix or others and encouraging them to leave. Fayetteville has a great college atmosphere. UA inspires loyalty and I'm dismayed that apparently Jamaal was not so inspired. Any derogatory remarks about UA, directly or indirectly by him, rankles.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Five-O-One on December 14, 2007, 02:58:10 pm
I have agreed with most of your previous posts...but I have to say after reading that analogy I don't see what JA is complaining about. A chicken ass is a chicken ass no matter who your boss is or where you work.

JA's not complaining.  He called his former boss disloyal.  As far as anyone is for sure, it is only speculation with no substantial evidence that JA has called any player and told them not to play for the University of Arkansas.  Where is the complaining by JA in all of that?

Tripod1

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 02:42:36 pm
You throw in the king of caveats, IF, into your post.

So you're all pissed off at Jamaal Anderson over something that you don't even have enough information on to even form an opinion?  

I throw in the, IF, word only because I did not hear the statement come directly from his mouth.  Let's all remember the past 2 plus weeks and all the "sources" that reported this and that and how wrong those "sources" were.  Thus the reason for the "if" word.  Again, IF the report is true then he is hurting the UofA plain and simple.  My hope is that he was mis-quoted because I certainly admired him as a player especially seeing how much he grew and improved over his years at the UofA. 

Five-O-One

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 02:59:50 pm
JA's not complaining.  He called his former boss disloyal.  As far as anyone is for sure, it is only speculation with no substantial evidence that JA has called any player and told them not to play for the University of Arkansas.  Where is the complaining by JA in all of that?
I'm just saying...you compared the whole thing to chicken asses. That's quality. I've been accused of being good with analogies, but you sir, are the man. I do agree that he has the right to talk about Coach Petrino and even to complain. He played for AR and I thank him for it. He played for Petrino and feels burned. He will be a Razorback until the day he dies, but it's like Bill Clinton...yeah he was President, but what is his legacy? Interns and cigars. If AR fans perceive that JA is causing trouble with the program, that will be his legacy...like it or not, fact or not.
The trouble with troubleshooting is ... sometimes trouble shoots back!!! -Armin Meier

chortle

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 02:55:30 pm
Let's make this about you or I now and see if our opinion changes.

StoernerJonesFan / El Petrino are employees of a company.  We both work 3rd shift pulling chicken asses out with an auger at a chicken plant.  Our boss just quit.  Our boss went to work where we went to school to teach how to pull chicken asses out with this very technical and sophisticated chicken ass auger.  

StoernerJonesFan and myself are upset that our boss left our chicken plant...he told us he'd run 3rd shift forever, even though his wife hated it and the kids didn't know their dad.  Bossman just left a note on the breakroom door...."Audi5 ya'll, work hard and keep 3rd shift rollin".  StoernerJonesFan and I thought our Bossman was an OK guy but that he was better than leaving us with a note.  

The leading chicken plant industry trade publication, astonished by Bossman picking up and leaving, comes to the chicken plant.  Amongst chicken ass, feathers, beaks and poop, they get to our line at 4 in the morning and ask what we think about Bossman leaving since we worked for him.  We say that he was disloyal to us.

Now:
1.  Are StoernerJonesFan and I bad people and not true members of our school because our boss just left where we currently work to go back there to teach?  

2.  What is the name of our tool?  

3.  What shift do we work?  

1. No, you two aren't bad just because he left (which is what your original question was). But you are a couple of A-holes if you rail on a guy who thinks being the head chicken ass puller ain't all it's cracked up to be. And furthermore, if your boss took the HCAP job thinking that his star ass puller was going to make production for him everyday, and come to find out that star chicken ass puller was running a professional cock fighting ring out of the back of the chicken plant and got hauled off to jail, when the GM of the plant told him everything was kosher, you might understand why the HCAP was a little pissed and looking for a different hen house.

2. I don't know what you call your tool. I call mine Johnson.

3. You work the third shift, but sometimes pull doubles to get your overtime for the week. You sneak smoke breaks every 30 minutes, cause pullin' chicken asses is a stressful job.

Hawgon

StoernerJonesFan / El Petrino are employees of a company.  We both work 3rd shift pulling chicken asses out with an auger at a chicken plant.  Our boss just quit.  Our boss went to work where we went to school to teach how to pull chicken asses out with this very technical and sophisticated chicken ass auger.  

StoernerJonesFan and myself are upset that our boss left our chicken plant...he told us he'd run 3rd shift forever, even though his wife hated it and the kids didn't know their dad.  Bossman just left a note on the breakroom door...."Audi5 ya'll, work hard and keep 3rd shift rollin".  StoernerJonesFan and I thought our Bossman was an OK guy but that he was better than leaving us with a note.  

The leading chicken plant industry trade publication, astonished by Bossman picking up and leaving, comes to the chicken plant.  Amongst chicken ass, feathers, beaks and poop, they get to our line at 4 in the morning and ask what we think about Bossman leaving since we worked for him.  We say that he was disloyal to us.

Now:
1.  Are StoernerJonesFan and I bad people and not true members of our school because our boss just left where we currently work to go back there to teach?  

Is English your first language.  That was, perhaps, the most nonsensical analogy I have ever seen.

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Hawgon on December 14, 2007, 03:07:29 pm
Is English your first language.  That was, perhaps, the most nonsensical analogy I have ever seen.

It was intended nonsense in an effort to reach out to those of which it may relate.  I'm sure it's resonating with Bubba right now.

moose1985

I can understand the ATL players being digruntled in the way Petrino left them and for the way their season has turned to crap.  What I can't understand why no-one is blaming the true problem, which is Mike Vick. ???

31to6

Threads like this, where people are willing to break out the torches and pitchforks without even a shred of proof (or even a modest dose of rational thought) are a good example why most people should not be allowed to vote, procreate or sit on a jury.

Five-O-One

Quote from: wdremington on December 14, 2007, 03:29:02 pm
Threads like this, where people are willing to break out the torches and pitchforks without even a shred of proof (or even a modest dose of rational thought) are a good example why most people should not be allowed to vote, procreate or sit on a jury.
The freedom to express your opinions...no matter how wrong they may be is what makes this country and this board so great.
The trouble with troubleshooting is ... sometimes trouble shoots back!!! -Armin Meier

corpitguy

Now:

You're missing the point.  It's not that he criticized his former coach, it is that he is actively trying to RUIN recruiting for the team that helped make him what he is.  Obviously, the Hogs FAILED MISERABLY in the moral integrity part.

budcampbellfan

A lot of the players and especially the Little Rock guys loved nut's loose disciplinary style.  They would naturally resent any attempted enforcement of discipline and would see it as bullying.  They would rather have teammates manipulated and used for intimidating freshman players for the real bully.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

hogfan2286

Didn't Mitch/Beck do the same thing to Houston after they left? Didn't all of you love Mitch for bashing Nutt? Mitch didn't graduate from Arkansas either and he bashed our coach while he wasn't a player.  What is the difference?

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: hogfan2286 on December 14, 2007, 03:49:34 pm
Didn't Mitch/Beck do the same thing to Houston after they left? Didn't all of you love Mitch for bashing Nutt? Mitch didn't graduate from Arkansas either and he bashed our coach while he wasn't a player.  What is the difference?

Hold on.  Where did Mitch bash Nutt?  What did Mitch say to bash Nutt?  I must have missed that.  

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 02:10:50 pm
All of you that have posted in this thread are ridiculous. 

Jamaal Anderson is more of a Razorback that any of us combined will ever be.  He wore the helmet, he took the beatings.  You didn't. None of you did.

A dumbass?  Not a Razorback?  Just because Anderson rails on his most recent former coach who left with a note in the night, doesn't mean his opinion isn't valid.  Just so happens he went to Arkansas.  So what. 

Jamaal left the UA to make his millions.  Jamaal used the UA to get to where he is now...the UA used Jamaal to anchor a defense that was 10-4.  Give and take. 

You people are idiots.

Screw you idiot..the minute he started trying to hurt Arkansas he became a enemy to me!! I don't consider him a Razorback at this time and if you do then you are not a Hog!!

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: hogfan2286 on December 14, 2007, 03:49:34 pm

I would like to see that in print? Houston is not Arkansas!! Jamaal is hurting the Arkansas program!! Big differrence!!

slopinhogs

SORRY I READ ALL THIS CRAP .REALLY WAS A WASTE OF TIME. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

nychog

Wow....the number of hypocrites in this thread is astoundig.

hogfan2286

December 14, 2007, 03:59:33 pm #120 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 04:02:11 pm by hogfan2286
Quote from: LawnHog48 on December 14, 2007, 03:53:56 pm
I would like to see that in print? Houston is not Arkansas!! Jamaal is hurting the Arkansas program!! Big differrence!!

Where is this rumor in print?? Petrino is not Arkansas!! It could definitely be argued that Mitch calling Nutt a dork in a published book hurt Arkansas.  How about all the rumors about Beck contacting recruits and telling them not to play for Nutt? Did that not hurt Arkansas?  The two events are basically the same. The difference is you like this head coach, while you hated Nutt.

Five-O-One

Quote from: nychog on December 14, 2007, 03:58:09 pm
Wow....the number of hypocrites in this thread is astoundig.
The number of people in this thread that couldn't spell hypocrite is astounding.

Master B

I mean, I like Jamaal just as much as any ex-hog, but let's face it he's no "rocket scientist"

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: hogfan2286 on December 14, 2007, 03:59:33 pm
Where is this rumor in print?? Petrino is not Arkansas!! It could definitely be argued that Mitch calling Nutt a dork in a published book hurt Arkansas.  How about all the rumors about Beck contacting recruits and telling them not to play for Nutt? Did that not hurt Arkansas?  The two events are basically the same. The difference is you like this head coach, while you hated Nutt.

Lets see..ESPN and first take said that JA is doing this. I can't argue with huggers cause if you don't see the difference in calling and telling players not to play for Petrino and the lie about Beck doing this? If you are that duimb I don't want to bother you in your hatred for a kid named Mitch. You are ate up with a deep hatred for a kid and your love for a Nutt is gay!!

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: LawnHog48 on December 14, 2007, 04:05:50 pm
Lets see..ESPN and first take said that JA is doing this.

The same ESPN that reported Les Miles had accepted the Michigan job?
The same ESPN that employed the noble Trev Alberts?
The same ESPN that collectively has badmouthed Arkansas 10x worse than what Anderson may or may not have done?  

You are a sheep.  BAH BAH BAH.  C'mere ta me.....let me get ESPN's crook from around your neck.  BAH BAH BAH.  You have sheep teat in your throat.  BAH BAH BAH.

ha ha

Tusks

I haven't read this thread....I live in Atlanta and the main reason JA said what he said was because the veterans on the Falcons feel that way.....period end of subject.  He's not going to say anything that goes against the grain of his future.

I am not upset one bit....he's a rookie in the NFL....even though he was a 1st round pick....he's still a rookie and he's going to follow the lead of the organization and his teamates.....he's not going to say anything to rock the Falcon boat.

You have to understand JA has to go along to get along.  If he'd been in the league for 10 years then you'd get a little more personal and probably different opinion....but from where he is today....no fricken way and I don't blame him.

By the way compared to passive agressive big baller shot caller....BP may be a bully or in other terms.....a no BS coach.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Five-O-One

Quote from: El Petrino on December 14, 2007, 04:15:30 pm
The same ESPN that reported Les Miles had accepted the Michigan job?
The same ESPN that employed the noble Trev Alberts?
The same ESPN that collectively has badmouthed Arkansas 10x worse than what Anderson may or may not have done?  

You are a sheep.  BAH BAH BAH.  C'mere ta me.....let me get ESPN's crook from around your neck.  BAH BAH BAH.  You have sheep teat in your throat.  BAH BAH BAH.

ha ha
I never...and I mean never give this out...partly because I don't buy into the whole texting shorthand thing...so please enjoy this. LMAO!

Soooie21

Now we see why Pet couldn't get out of Atlanta fast enough...if the players acted like men, things might have worked out there...

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: nutted on December 14, 2007, 04:15:38 pm
I haven't read this thread....I live in Atlanta and the main reason JA said what he said was because the veterans on the Falcons feel that way.....period end of subject.  He's not going to say anything that goes against the grain of his future.

I am not upset one bit....he's a rookie in the NFL....even though he was a 1st round pick....he's still a rookie and he's going to follow the lead of the organization and his teamates.....he's not going to say anything to rock the Falcon boat.

You have to understand JA has to go along to get along.  If he'd been in the league for 10 years then you'd get a little more personal and probably different opinion....but from where he is today....no fricken way and I don't blame him.

By the way compared to passive agressive big baller shot caller....BP may be a bully or in other terms.....a no BS coach.

Maybe you are right but you don't turn on YOUR school!!
Mitch haters are so funny aren't they?

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: LawnHog48 on December 14, 2007, 04:18:57 pm
Maybe you are right but you don't turn on YOUR school!!
Mitch haters are so funny aren't they?

Paparazzi snapped this pic of you having lunch on Lee Corso today.

HogFaninGA

Quote from: nutted on December 14, 2007, 04:15:38 pm

I live in GA also and I heard the whole interview with him on my local news station.  He got carried away and yes he might of felt pressure from his teammates, but there were a few of the Falcon players who had good things to say about Petrino also.  JA should of said NO COMMENT (or say he didn't approve of the way Petrino left--leave it at that) and that would of been the end of it.  He didn't have to say what he did. 

hogfan2286

Quote from: LawnHog48 on December 14, 2007, 04:05:50 pm
Lets see..ESPN and first take said that JA is doing this. I can't argue with huggers cause if you don't see the difference in calling and telling players not to play for Petrino and the lie about Beck doing this? If you are that duimb I don't want to bother you in your hatred for a kid named Mitch. You are ate up with a deep hatred for a kid and your love for a Nutt is gay!!

Me entering this argument has nothing to do with any type of love for Nutt.  It has to do with respect for Jamaal Anderson.  Jamaal is a good man, who has been incredibly successful and has been a great ambassador for the UofA.  You people flip on former Razorbacks quicker than any group of people I have ever been around. I know that Bartley Webb and his family, Mitch and his family, and Damian and his family were not fond of Nutt.  The Webb's and Beck Campbell were very open in their dislike for Nutt.  Their dislike for Nutt was somewhat justified, but at the same time so is Jamaal's dislike for Petrino.  Petrino did bail on his team in the middle of the season. If any coach did that to Arkansas we would crucify him.  Just because Jamaal like the Webb's and Mrs. Campbell bashed the University of Arkansas' head coach does not mean they dislike the program in general.  Like everybody has said for the past couple years, the head coach is not the program. Please give Jamaal the benefit of the doubt.  In my mind he has earned it.

corpitguy

JA went too far when he deliberately tried to negatively influence recruiting at UA.  That's where he crossed the line.  People complaining that JA has a right to criticize his former coach are missing the point.  It's one thing to say Petrino is a horse's arse, it's another thing entirely to try to ruin the dreams of Razorback players, fans and alum.  JA is a traitor.  Screw him and all his thug buddies in Asslanta.

hog_fan

Quote from: hogfan2286 on December 14, 2007, 04:29:08 pm
Me entering this argument has nothing to do with any type of love for Nutt.  It has to do with respect for Jamaal Anderson.  Jamaal is a good man, who has been incredibly successful and has been a great ambassador for the UofA.  You people flip on former Razorbacks quicker than any group of people I have ever been around. I know that Bartley Webb and his family, Mitch and his family, and Damian and his family were not fond of Nutt.  The Webb's and Beck Campbell were very open in their dislike for Nutt.  Their dislike for Nutt was somewhat justified, but at the same time so is Jamaal's dislike for Petrino.  Petrino did bail on his team in the middle of the season. If any coach did that to Arkansas we would crucify him.  Just because Jamaal like the Webb's and Mrs. Campbell bashed the University of Arkansas' head coach does not mean they dislike the program in general.  Like everybody has said for the past couple years, the head coach is not the program. Please give Jamaal the benefit of the doubt.  In my mind he has earned it.

link me where beck bashed ua and the former coach. when dick beck and webb call recruits and say dont go to ua? Link  me

ShaneHog

If Jamal Anderson is talking to recruits than he is breaking NCAA rules. I think we all need to step back and make sure what is being said is true or not.

AnthroHog

Quote from: HogFaninGA on December 14, 2007, 04:23:52 pm
I live in GA also and I heard the whole interview with him on my local news station.  He got carried away and yes he might of felt pressure from his teammates, but there were a few of the Falcon players who had good things to say about Petrino also.  JA should of said NO COMMENT (or say he didn't approve of the way Petrino left--leave it at that) and that would of been the end of it.  He didn't have to say what he did. 

What station was it on and do they have video of it on their website?  Sort of would dispel that ESPN is making it up.

northsideHog03

All I heard or read Jamal saying is, "One word: Disloyal."  He was asked to describe Petrino.  How exactly is he trying to ruin the dream of razorback players? LOL.  Some of you are a little to extreme, or better yet "rabid."

hunny99

http://www.todaysthv.com/video/sports/player.aspx?aid=57278&bw=

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/12/12/petrino_1213.html

Not once was it said Jamaal made one phone call. According to the Atlanta paper, players AND staff were calling him. In the interview he said Petrino will try to control you and may turn his back on you. Both valid statements considering Jamaal's experience with Petrino. It's amazing how people are so quick to spew venom at this guy. Understand that the Razorbacks are happy with Petrino and that's great but Petrino left a trail of angry people in his past and those people have a right to express themselves. Saying Jamaal is not a true Hog when he gave blood and sweat for UAF is not fair and all of you know it. You are just having knee jerk reactions just like he did. Some of the names he has been called on this thread are far worse that what he called Petrino. Peace to the Razorback nation, I hope you get all you wish for.

Tusks

[/quoteI

hog_fan

Quote from: hunny99 on December 14, 2007, 04:38:15 pm
http://www.todaysthv.com/video/sports/player.aspx?aid=57278&bw=

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/12/12/petrino_1213.html

Not once was it said Jamaal made one phone call. According to the Atlanta paper, players AND staff were calling him. In the interview he said Petrino will try to control you and may turn his back on you. Both valid statements considering Jamaal's experience with Petrino. It's amazing how people are so quick to spew venom at this guy. Understand that the Razorbacks are happy with Petrino and that's great but Petrino left a trail of angry people in his past and those people have a right to express themselves. Saying Jamaal is not a true Hog when he gave blood and sweat for UAF is not fair and all of you know it. You are just having knee jerk reactions just like he did. Some of the names he has been called on this thread are far worse that what he called Petrino. Peace to the Razorback nation, I hope you get all you wish for.

Your not a hog fan if you dont mind him trying to turn current players against him. thats what he did. traitor.

Tusks

I haven't seen any of the defensive players say anything good.  Even Brooking, who is about as straight an arrow as you can get in the NFL, went off on BP.

JA is on the D side of the ball and I still say as a rookie he's going to follow their lead.....hell he probably felt he should go even farther because it's his former school that BP went to.  That's some intense pressure for a rookie to deal with.  Consider that true thug DHall is the leader of that D and I still say JA's comments were as much self preservation as anything else.

Remember...hooten made him walk on at the UA his first semester and then when hooten didn't come through with the promised scholly for JA in the spring semester JA had to threaten to quit to get his scholly from hooten.

I still dont think it was love for hooten or hate for the UA....just self preservation for a rookie in a bad situation.

Five-O-One

Quote from: hog_fan on December 14, 2007, 04:39:39 pm
Your not a hog fan if you dont mind him trying to turn current players against him. thats what he did. traitor.
I feel like that kid that tries to ramp up a fight when two people are talking smack when I say...ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh!

hogfan2286

December 14, 2007, 04:42:23 pm #142 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 04:45:17 pm by hogfan2286
Quote from: hog_fan on December 14, 2007, 04:32:58 pm
link me where beck bashed ua and the former coach. when dick beck and webb call recruits and say dont go to ua? Link  me

Just because I don't have a link doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Are you really trying to tell me that Beck Campbell did not assist in the tarnishing of Nutt's reputation?  Mitch's grandmother got on the news and moreorless badmouthed Nutt's handling of Mitch.  Does that not qualify? The similarities between Jamaal bashing Petrino and members of the Springdale 5 bashing Nutt exist.  The difference is you supported the bashing of Nutt, as it helped in his eventual ousting.  Jamaal probably should not have commented on the coaching situation at Arkansas, but he did and like all things this media frenzy will pass.  Jamaal is a great guy and was a great Razorback, his comments have not come anywhere close to the damage inflicted on the program by the circus that surrounded Nutt and the Springdale 5.  Give Jamaal a break.

hawgball9401

Quote from: razordan on December 14, 2007, 02:11:13 pm
I am now officially pulling for Anderson's career to take a HUGE downward spiral. I'm not pulling for him to get hurt cause I wouldn't wish that on anybody. But I am pulling for an awful career!

His career can't take much more of a downward spiral.  20 tackles in 13 games and no sacks.  I would say the Falcons have to be pretty disappointed in their first round selection.  Chris Houston has twice as many tackles. 

Anderson is just pissed because of his "suckie-rookie" year and he is looking to throw out some of his anxiety.  However, Mr. Anderson is in a position of influence, therefore he should NEVER do or say ANYTHING that could harm our beloved University, lest he WILL be judged.

I'll end by saying, "Pig Sooie, Petrino kick some arse, Go Hogs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

hunny99

Quote from: hog_fan on December 14, 2007, 04:39:39 pm

They asked, he answered. If the players AND staff were so solid with this choice why would they call Jamaal and ask him for his opinion in the first place? And no, I like football, I like the SEC, and I like UAF but I don't define my existance by calling myself a hog fan.

RIP_Nutt

maybe jamaal will get a career ending injury, then hell look back at not finishing his degree as a mistake.  being uneducated and crippled arent a good combination

Hogchick

Quote from: RIP_Nutt on December 14, 2007, 04:48:17 pm
maybe jamaal will get a career ending injury, then hell look back at not finishing his degree as a mistake.  being uneducated and crippled arent a good combination

WOW...I have to believe that some of you are really not serious when you post things.

hogfan2286

that post is complete garbage.

David†

that is a horrible thing to say about anyone, you need therapy

corpitguy

REAAALLY innapropriate posts notwithstanding, this guy deserves no break from our fans.  He is a traitor.  Screw him.