Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"He took a snap from me in his office...and offered me a scholarship."

Started by HognotinMemphis, December 14, 2007, 09:38:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EnemyOfMojo

Quote from: ballhog88 on December 14, 2007, 10:09:15 am
Rivals 3* recruit. I think Nutt and Markuson know a thing about O Lineman, they've put enough in the NFL.

Why is our line down then?

Blue35

ReturnToDynasty?

All Houston Nutt posts should be thrown in the trash.  This is irrelevant.  Moderators?   :puke:

Spiral_cut

Silver Hog

DuffMcHog

And probably a couple time outs.
Quote from: CusefaninAR on December 14, 2007, 09:50:50 am
It would take Hootie three plays to get from one end of his office to the other.
Restore the Razorback Pride! WPS and GHG.

dianne fineswine

Guys, we're looking at a freshman starter here who just loves the helmet.
Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

nohuddle

and in typical form of his offense, he took the snap made a three step drop and short hopped a pass to his secretary,  Then on 4th down, sent the two stud tailbacks he was recruiting out of the office.  Brought in the fullback he was recruiting handed him the ball, and came up short when the kid ran into his desk.

lrhogfan24

Quote from: CusefaninAR on December 14, 2007, 09:50:50 am
It would take Hootie three plays to get from one end of his office to the other.

Should not have been drinking anything when I read that.

razorbrass

Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

PiggyBack

Priceless, I hope all the OLE PISS trolls get to read this!  Man, OLE PISS sure has one fine coach!
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Kilgor

Rivals 3* recruit. I think Nutt and Markuson know a thing about O Lineman, they've put enough in the NFL.

In TEN years, three Nutt recruited linemen have made it in the NFL.  That's not very many.

Shawn Andrews - a gift from the state of Arkansas that was NFL ready at 18 years old
Tony Ugoh - good recruit
Jason Peters - didn't even play Oline here

Burlsworth and Bobby Williams weren't Nutt recruits.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

ballhog88

Quote from: EnemyOfMojo on December 14, 2007, 10:12:24 am
Why is our line down then?

Two all americans off this years teams and we're down. 4 all sec off the line and we're down. Alrighty than!

Razorback Jedi

I don't think I would suggest making fun of Nutt and his recruiting of Lineman or anything related to the running game. Sure, he might not be the best coach out there, but you can't deny his ability to have an awesome running game (which includes blocking up front).

Kilgor

Quote from: Razorback Jedi on December 14, 2007, 10:39:36 am
I don't think I would suggest making fun of Nutt and his recruiting of Lineman or anything related to the running game. Sure, he might not be the best coach out there, but you can't deny his ability to have an awesome running game (which includes blocking up front).

Yes, I can.  Watch.

I deny his ability to have an awesome running game.

See Auburn 2007.

If you run 70% of the time with Darren McFadden, he will bust some and get his yards.  If you do that against good teams, you will lose more often than you win.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

josh_sec33

Wooo! what a great recruit! Beating out only the powerhouse of ....MEMPHIS!

*shakes head*
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

nutts

I wonder if Cody Burns had come visit the office and taken a snap from ole Hooty, maybe he would have been up on the hill.  And Hooty still there to!

Conway4Hogs

Kinda gives the term "Just hold on to that rope" and "Bring da wood"  A whole new meaning now

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Fear The Tusks on December 14, 2007, 10:05:43 am
So now he's already down to having to steal a recruit from the Tiggers after a lengthy talent evaluation (in his office, lmao).  That's not a pleasant visual I'm getting.  :o  I'm so happy he's not here.  I think BP will be the anti-Nutt and his professionalism will be a refreshing change.

Nutt: (Yells to his secretary): "Donna, git me a football in here."

Nutt: "You're a big ole boy, Brandon. You've got SEC size. Bend over and give an old QB a couple of snaps. Ready? On a three hut."

Nutt: "Hut-hut-hut". (Brandon snaps the ball and jams 3 of Nutt's fingers and splits 2 nails that were chewed to the quick already.)

Nutt: (winces and lets out a slight yelp from the pain): "Dang son, nice, strong snap. You've got potential and since we've already got 2 centers, might as well get us a 3rd. Never can have too many O lineman, can we? If you'll commit right now, I'll guarantee you a scholarship in Feb."

Brandon: "I've always wanted to be a Rebel and it sure as hell beats being a Memphis Tiger even though they are going to a bowl and Ole Miss isn't."

Nutt: "Welcome to Ole Miss, Brandon. We only want players who want to be a Rebel."

Nutt: (after Brandon leaves, Markuson walks in): "Hey, Mike. Just got you a center."

Markuson: "We already have two on scholarship, Houston. Don't need another one. Why'd you do that without me?"

Nutt: "Aw, Mike. Come on. He wanted to be a Rebel and he's big. You can make him a guard or tackle or we can switch him to defense if he doesn't work at center."

Markuson: "Just let me evaluate the O linemen from now on, okay?"

Nutt: "Sure, Mike. Sorry about that. You know how I get carried away. By the way, if you find a center who is better before signing day, we'll withdraw our offer to this kid. How's that sound to you?"

Markuson: "That'll work, Dale. Just like we have always done it!"
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Razorback Jedi

Quote from: Kilgor on December 14, 2007, 10:42:20 am
Yes, I can.  Watch.

I deny his ability to have an awesome running game.

See Auburn 2007.

If you run 70% of the time with Darren McFadden, he will bust some and get his yards.  If you do that against good teams, you will lose more often than you win.

c'mon

The hogs have been the SEC leader in rushing for most of the past 8-10 years. The man knows how to have a dominant running game. Unfortunately, that's about all he knows how to do.

don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

HouTxRzbck

"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

Hawgvillain

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 14, 2007, 10:55:43 am

Nutt: "You're a big ole boy, Brandon. You've got SEC size. Bend over and give an old QB a couple of snaps. Ready? On a three hut."

Nutt: "Hut-hut-hut". (Brandon snaps the ball and jams 3 of Nutt's fingers and splits 2 nails that were chewed to the quick already.)

Nutt: (winces and lets out a slight yelp from the pain): "Dang son, nice, strong snap. You've got potential and since we've already got 2 centers, might as well get us a 3rd. Never can have too many O lineman, can we? If you'll commit right now, I'll guarantee you a scholarship in Feb."

HIlarious

realpig

This shouldn't be in the trash, it should be in first class mail to Ole Miss.
Successful people do what unsuccessful people dislike doing.  It's not that they like doing them, but their strength of purpose is greater than their dislike of doing them.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: realpig on December 14, 2007, 11:37:35 am
This shouldn't be in the trash, it should be in first class mail to Ole Miss.

Or on MMQB for at least a few hours. The mods are getting very strict.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 14, 2007, 10:55:43 am

Brandon: "I've always wanted to be a Rebel and it sure as hell beats being a Memphis Tiger even though they are going to a bowl and Ole Miss isn't."

Nutt: "Welcome to Ole Miss, Brandon. We only want players who want to be a Rebel."

Nutt: (after Brandon leaves, Markuson walks in): "Hey, Mike. Just got you a center."

Markuson: "We already have two on scholarship, Houston. Don't need another one. Why'd you do that without me?"

Nutt: "Aw, Mike. Come on. He wanted to be a Rebel and he's big. You can make him a guard or tackle or we can switch him to defense if he doesn't work at center."

Markuson: "Just let me evaluate the O linemen from now on, okay?"

Nutt: "Sure, Mike. Sorry about that. You know how I get carried away. By the way, if you find a center who is better before signing day, we'll withdraw our offer to this kid. How's that sound to you?"

Markuson: "That'll work, Dale. Just like we have always done it!"

Sad but TRUE.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Quote from: jhold99 on December 14, 2007, 09:46:05 am
i bet after taking the snap...he ran a quarterback draw straight up the middle.

Sounds like the only straight part of the whole recruiting interview.
Proud member of the War Memorial Mafia

HognotinMemphis

mj4president

Great point. Say what yall want. I am glad that Nutters is out of here but they do develope great olinemen.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

The real Hogules

Quote from: CowHog on December 14, 2007, 09:45:32 am
Nutt just wanted to cop a feel on the guy!  Nothing more nothing less

He's missing Otis..........................
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

owl

OWL says SUPPORT THE HOGS

94 Hawg

funny stuff. gotta love beating out memfuss for a center. must be special
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Newcoachplease

So people at my gym are staring at me because im sitting behind a computer laughing hysterically!!!

This is so funny!

owl

Better idea--- "Nutt Check"   This may become a standard for all BCS football coaches

mj4president

Quote from: Kilgor on December 14, 2007, 10:35:41 am

In TEN years, three Nutt recruited linemen have made it in the NFL.  That's not very many.

Shawn Andrews - a gift from the state of Arkansas that was NFL ready at 18 years old
Tony Ugoh - good recruit
Jason Peters - didn't even play Oline here

Burlsworth and Bobby Williams weren't Nutt recruits.

Bo Lacey is in the NFL at some level right? Jason Peters is doing great. He was our TE. What is that in our offense? Another freaking tackle when Nutt was her. Robert Felton will be drafted this year. Luigs will go this year or next for sure. Won the Remington. They also developed some solid players.

Just b/c you don't go pro doesn't mean you aren't good.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

twistitup

recruiting stars mean nothing when it comes down to taking office snaps
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PigSnort

Nutt is ALWAYS going to be a topic for Arkansas fans.  He was here ten years and provided us UNLIMITED fodder for poking fun at him.  Plus he's going to be coaching against us EVERY YEAR that he is at OM.  How can he and his nonsense NOT be a subject of discussion?

flagstaffhog

That Houston sure is a good evaluater of talent when it's beding over in front of him......
Go HOGS Go!

pigfeet

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 14, 2007, 09:38:29 am
JUCO lineman changes mind, will play for Rebs  from the Commercial Appeal.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/dec/14/juco-lineman-changes-mind-will-play-for-rebs/

In part:

"Only a few days after committing to the University of Memphis, the 6-3, 315-pound offensive lineman instead said he will play for Ole Miss."

"I finally got a breakthrough Monday. I went over there to see if coach (Houston) Nutt thought I looked like an SEC-type player. He took a snap from me in his office. I guess he liked what he saw, and he offered me a scholarship."

Taking a snap from a center is all Nutt needs to know in order to offer a scholarship. Must be fairly desperate at the moment in attracting scholarship players.

DeviceHigh needs to get on this

phoggy

Conference USA (or whatever UM is in) vs SEC.  That was some tuff recruiting.
Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 14, 2007, 09:38:29 am
JUCO lineman changes mind, will play for Rebs  from the Commercial Appeal.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/dec/14/juco-lineman-changes-mind-will-play-for-rebs/

In part:

"Only a few days after committing to the University of Memphis, the 6-3, 315-pound offensive lineman instead said he will play for Ole Miss."

"I finally got a breakthrough Monday. I went over there to see if coach (Houston) Nutt thought I looked like an SEC-type player. He took a snap from me in his office. I guess he liked what he saw, and he offered me a scholarship."

Taking a snap from a center is all Nutt needs to know in order to offer a scholarship. Must be fairly desperate at the moment in attracting scholarship players.

His center iis probably academically ineligible.
Go Hogs Go!

Fort Swine

Quote from: JM Gorilla on December 14, 2007, 09:45:07 am
Reportedly that is also how he recruited Donna.

I think that is how he says hi to TP too. 

With 23 players not able to get their grades, I guess he needs to pull something out of his hat!  I would bet he was on the radar of HDN at UA, but not worthy of offering a full ride.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Shaquille O-squeal

December 15, 2007, 04:27:05 pm #91 Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 04:28:48 pm by Shaquille O-squeal
"Hey, Brandon Green...from Southhaven, Mississippi...hey..boy he can snap that ball. You like a guy that big that can move and feel comfortable with a pair of hands between his legs. He's special."

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: Since 1894 on December 14, 2007, 10:02:49 am
Hooten is still from Arkansas.

I am glad he is gone,

but I wish him well (certainly no ill will).

I hope he comes in second place in the SEC West every year -

Right behind us.

As far as I'm concerned the fired coach is still from Oklahoma State.

owl

Quote from: JM Gorilla on December 14, 2007, 09:45:07 am
Reportedly that is also how he recruited Donna.

I heard that was how they all started talking about "bringing the wood" and "that special feeling"

mj4president

Quote from: owl on December 15, 2007, 04:28:01 pm

I heard that was how they all started talking about "bringing the wood" and "that special feeling"

LMFAO

tcolinm

The fact that Nutt decides on scholarships off of this basis is the reason we should all be grateful he's gone. What a [CENSORED].

owl

HOUSTON NUTT: CRAZY OVER DICKS
Boldly tossing aside the evidence he's seen from the older product of the gene pool, Houston Nutt continues to chase Dicks.

Arkansas has secured a commitment from Nathan Dick, the younger brother of current starter Casey Dick, a Texas prep all-everything whose visits to Fayetteville convinced him of his place in Arkansas. Another factor may have been the imminent transfer/doghousing/creeping malaise surrounding Mitch Mustain, former all-everything Arkansas prep whose high school coach and former Arkansas offensive coordinator, Gus Malzahn, just ditched the Razorbacks for Tulsa.

We're building a fake Rivals page just to attract the attention of Nutt and solicit some recruiting calls. Prospective names include:

–Peter Kokkenbalz, an outstanding signal caller from West Pennsylvania.

–Luang Dong, a Vietnamese-American scrambler from Galveston.

–Jonsen Poonhammer, a Norweigian CFL qb looking to break into the pros via the Chris Weinke route.

–Seaman Cannon, a Belle Glade hurler with an explosive arm who sprays the ball all over the field with authority.

All of these will pale in comparison to the glories of late, great, lost recruit Rusty Cocklord, but that's life. For now, all we know is that if the name makes you think of [CENSORED], it must be an Arkansas Razorback qb recruit.

Now the proud coach with two–count 'em–two Dicks.

Filed under: Beaver Jokes, Blog Buddies, Coaches, the BCS, scandals, arrests, and other eccentri, College football, Houston Nutt, Recruiting, Southeastern Conference  by Orson Swindle

Now this is funny

The real Hogules

HDN taking snaps in his office at Ole Miss is both "special & precious".......................
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

owl

More of the same--

Donna Bragg's about Houston's Nutt

Sometimes comedy just writes itself. Ok, here is the background. Houston has a cell phone provided by the Arkansas athletic department. Or at least he used to. One enterprising fan used the Freedom of Information Act to obtain the cell phone records of Mr. Nutt. It seems as though Houston was a bad boy.

The picture is of Donna Bragg who has traded over a 1000 text messages with Nutt, one even 18 minutes before kickoff of a bowl game. The explanation is that the messages all were in regard to charity work. I guess that's what the kids are calling it now a days.

Additionally, Houston made some phone call to the North Carolina State athletic department shortly after they fired their coach. He was on the phone to the U after they Imus'ed Coker. Not too many calls or texts to recruits, but hey he's a busy guy.

snoblind

maybe the admins ought to set up a separate forum for the coach who was fired and his screw ups.