Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"He took a snap from me in his office...and offered me a scholarship."

Started by HognotinMemphis, December 14, 2007, 09:38:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

JUCO lineman changes mind, will play for Rebs  from the Commercial Appeal.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/dec/14/juco-lineman-changes-mind-will-play-for-rebs/

In part:

"Only a few days after committing to the University of Memphis, the 6-3, 315-pound offensive lineman instead said he will play for Ole Miss."

"I finally got a breakthrough Monday. I went over there to see if coach (Houston) Nutt thought I looked like an SEC-type player. He took a snap from me in his office. I guess he liked what he saw, and he offered me a scholarship."

Taking a snap from a center is all Nutt needs to know in order to offer a scholarship. Must be fairly desperate at the moment in attracting scholarship players.

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

bhuie

Priceless...  Nutt didn't even have to get his lazy butt out of his office to recruit this kid.  "We only want kids who want to be Rebels"

:D  :D  :D

OKhogfan1959

We'll Nutt has found one player that wanted to be a Rebel..Good luck on recruiting like that..

realpig

The image of Houston under the center in his office is kinda bothering me.
Successful people do what unsuccessful people dislike doing.  It's not that they like doing them, but their strength of purpose is greater than their dislike of doing them.

GBoling5000

stronguard

Orgeron says the kid isn't SEC material, NuttyBuddy takes one look at him, rubs his chode, and offers him a schollie.

I'm so glad that NuttyBuddy is coaching in Oxford now.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

JM Gorilla

Quote from: realpig on December 14, 2007, 09:42:38 am
Reportedly that is also how he recruited Donna.

CowHog

Nutt just wanted to cop a feel on the guy!  Nothing more nothing less

jhold99

i bet after taking the snap...he ran a quarterback draw straight up the middle.

Kilgor

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 14, 2007, 09:38:29 am
He took a snap from me in his office. I guess he liked what he saw.

That boy will be "starting" for Houston on day one. 
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

RazorWire™

Why that's how TP hands him his phone ...

agr347

That's the first thought I had as well!
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

lokopig

Quote from: JM Gorilla on December 14, 2007, 09:45:07 am
Reportedly that is also how he recruited Donna.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that.....makes me feel less of a degenerate

CusefaninAR

Hootie only wants kids who want to be Rebels and who will come visit him in his office so he can text Donna while recruiting...talk about killing two birds with one stone.

I wonder if Bear Bryant or John Robinson ever signed a kid after TAKING A SNAP IN THEIR OFFICE! 

RazorWire™

sooieet

Why is there suddenly all of this fascination with the Rebels?  I thought this was a Razorback board???

CusefaninAR

Quote from: jhold99 on December 14, 2007, 09:46:05 am
i bet after taking the snap...he ran a quarterback draw straight up the middle.

It would take Hootie three plays to get from one end of his office to the other.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hoggeek

My only fascination with the Rebels will be watching to see how long it takes their fan base to go from engaged to outraged.

benbrown

dacskc

Wow. I wonder if when he recruited Alex Tejada, he sat across a desk and had him "kick" the paper football thru his fingers.

L A Z Y.

dacskc

DeltaBoy

Why are we discussing the Coach who was Fired?  Who cares who he gets !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

RazorWire™

corpitguy

I don't want to talk about Houston Nutt anymore, but it's so easy.  That guy is a freakin' tool.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: CusefaninAR on December 14, 2007, 09:50:50 am
It would take Hootie three plays to get from one end of his office to the other.
And he would have used the entire playbook.

HOG1947

We stumble across the truth from time to time but
most of us pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off,
and proceed as if nothing happened.

The art of Diplomacy is being able to say "good dog" until you can find a big rock.

RazorWire™

Does that mean that TCTGF is their best hander-offer right now ???

HawgAdvocate

JUCO lineman changes mind, will play for Rebs  from the Commercial Appeal.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2007/dec/14/juco-lineman-changes-mind-will-play-for-rebs/

In part:

"Only a few days after committing to the University of Memphis, the 6-3, 315-pound offensive lineman instead said he will play for Ole Miss."

"I finally got a breakthrough Monday. I went over there to see if coach (Houston) Nutt thought I looked like an SEC-type player. He took a snap from me in his office. I guess he liked what he saw, and he offered me a scholarship."

Taking a snap from a center is all Nutt needs to know in order to offer a scholarship. Must be fairly desperate at the moment in attracting scholarship players.

When Nutt got Lawrence Richardson to sign with the Hogs over Texas, he rapped over the phone to him after he let from a home visit..he said something along the lines of, "I want you to be my baller, shot caller."

Gross was quoted as saying that was what made him choose the Hogs over Texas.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

DukeOfPork

Man, he STOLE another one from the University of Memphis!

Woohoo!!!  National Championship Under Construction!

HoginHouston

Go Hogs Go.

hoggeek

Quote from: corpitguy on December 14, 2007, 09:55:54 am
I don't want to talk about Houston Nutt anymore, but it's so easy.  That guy is a freakin' tool.

This made me think of Hayden Fox. Then I went to Wikipedia to read about it and had forgotten about Coach's love interest, Christine Fox, a news anchor.

Wow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coach_(TV_series)

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: bhuie on December 14, 2007, 09:40:27 am
Priceless...  Nutt didn't even have to get his lazy butt out of his office to recruit this kid.  "We only want kids who want to be Rebels"

:D  :D  :D

Translation: I don't want to work hard enough to convince HS players that they should be Rebels. If they already want to be one, we'll take them. If they don't, guess we'll keep looking for the easy signees.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 14, 2007, 09:55:16 am
Discussing? I think this is more of a making fun of.

silvertip

Somebody send The Dork a box of those exam gloves and a tube of K-Y.

big boes

it's critical for nutt's for offense to execute 2 consecutive handoffs. in my opinion, finding the guy to make the 1st one is HUGE.

Since 1894

Hooten is still from Arkansas.

I am glad he is gone,

but I wish him well (certainly no ill will).

I hope he comes in second place in the SEC West every year -

Right behind us.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Fear The Tusks

So now he's already down to having to steal a recruit from the Tiggers after a lengthy talent evaluation (in his office, lmao).  That's not a pleasant visual I'm getting.  :o  I'm so happy he's not here.  I think BP will be the anti-Nutt and his professionalism will be a refreshing change.

LZH

I'm sure we'll get many Nutt reports in the future.  He just makes it so easy to make fun of him...folks in Oxford will find that out soon enough.

PeytonManningSUCKS

I always suspected that's how ryan sorohan kept getting in the games.  He "took a snap" as the kids call it these days

AllenHog

PIGINAPOKE

Did he give him a drink of Gatorade and show him the special grass he brought in?
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

ballhog88

Rivals 3* recruit. I think Nutt and Markuson know a thing about O Lineman, they've put enough in the NFL.

Hawgvillain

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 14, 2007, 09:55:16 am

Ding Ding - we have a winner.  Wasn't 10 years enough of our lives spent on the guy?  Time to move onward and upward.

DooDahman

EnemyOfMojo

Yeah, I got that mental image. I'm off to vomit, BRB..

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: WHO CARES?    He is not here anymore, leave it alone. We have a coach and his name is Bobby Petrino.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback: