Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cut Leaving UT

Started by vol_in_ar, December 14, 2007, 05:42:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogswillsurvive

Quote from: HoginHouston on December 14, 2007, 09:41:12 am
I think the reason it gets under my skin is this: he does NOT work for Arkansas, nor is he going to in the near future. This is an Arkansas fan board. Yall should create Gusville.net where you can constantly chatter about whether a big-name program will look to Tulsa's co-OC for their next hiring.

Nothing against Gus, but who in the hell cares? What does it have to do with Arkansas football? In case you haven't noticed, we just landed freaking Bobby Petrino to coach us. I assumed that would give us a break from the man-crush love, but apparently not. If you want to obsess over a coach, you have a great one wearing Hog red now...
thank you, i fill the same way

hogsrbad

High School is not going to OU or Tenesssee

LZH

Think about it for a minute.  Coaching at Duke would not be a bad thing for a guy who needs to watch his heart & blood pressure.  Develop a decent offense, win three games, keep three more games close, bring in a couple of three-star recruits a year, talk about the importance of academics, eat out with Coach K a few times, and cash the check.  Most everyone will be happy.  Sounds pretty low-stress to me.  Good luck to him.

Semper Hogelis

He's overqualified.
Quote from: MinowBucket on December 14, 2007, 09:39:50 am
I heard Gus was going to try and get the opening for President of The United States. Anyone else heard this????
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

jmingram911

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 14, 2007, 07:02:07 am
I'm still surprised Cutcliffe would settle for Duke.  You'd think that he would have better options, unless he wanted a school like Duke.   With his reputation as developing qb's and his limited success at Ole Miss, I thought he might have been in line for some of the bigger openings.

I agree completely.  He deserves better than Duke.

Nashville Fan

Quote from: hoosier on December 14, 2007, 12:27:04 pm
Sounds familiar doesn't it ;)
Yep. Two peas in a pod except Fulmer can recruit and manage a game. He just can't develop players. Only person better than HDN with their back against a wall is Fulmer.
Pittman or Bust!

HawgBallLvr

Quote from: Thrilbilly on December 14, 2007, 09:15:08 am
One of the silliest post I have seen in a while!
Then why did you take the time to reply? Get off the Gus Bus. We have a coach now. Almost as bad as a hugger and his kool-aid.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

HawgBallLvr

Quote from: hogsanity on December 14, 2007, 11:31:22 am
IT is because they bring him up for EVERY open job.  They have him as the new OC at Auburn, OU, they had him as the next Houston HC.  They think the whole college world is beating down his door. 

He will get something better than tulsa, but it may take another year or 2.  Plus, he knows that with another year or 2 like they had last year, offensively, the offers will be even better.
The snowcone stand in the NEZ needs someone to work it. Bet Gus could do it.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

vol_in_ar

Well now that we've lost Cut
Looks like Trooper Taylor our stud recruiter could be headed to

Baylorhttp://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=319675