Previous topic - Next topic

vol_in_ar

skcabrozaR

There goes Fulmer again and TN again

vol_in_ar

Hopefully he turns it down

Cut's gone a good job, getting Ainge turned around after the '05 season

arkiehog1

I heard last night that on 40/29 Malzahn might just be in the mix at OU since their OC is going to Houston.
If you want to go to Heaven and walk the streets of gold. You have to know the password is -----
Go Hogs Go

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: arkiehog1 on December 14, 2007, 05:55:21 am
I heard last night that on 40/29 Malzahn might just be in the mix at OU since their OC is going to Houston.

Not likely. Sumlin was the "Co-OC" and coached receivers. They only made him Co-OC because he had previously been the Asst Head Coach at A&M when he came on board. I don't think Gus will be headed to OU.
Go Hogs Go!

Donny2665

Quote from: skcabrozaR on December 14, 2007, 05:47:24 am
There goes Fulmer again and TN again

Yep, too bad he didn't leave prior to our game against them.
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

intoxhog

December 14, 2007, 06:59:27 am #6 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:02:10 am by intoxhog
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 14, 2007, 06:29:03 am
Not likely. Sumlin was the "Co-OC" and coached receivers. They only made him Co-OC because he had previously been the Asst Head Coach at A&M when he came on board. I don't think Gus will be headed to OU.
I don't know Muskogee, I don't believe Bob Stoops was real happy with Kevin (what ever his last name is) this year. I watched all of OU games this year and I can hontely say that I believe they did less with more on the offensive side of the ball. Demarrco Murrey was way underutilized.
Politicians and diapers should be changed frequently and all for the same reason. ~José Maria de Eça de Queiroz

TXrazorback

Quote from: Hackett Hog Fan on December 14, 2007, 06:57:07 am
Yep, too bad Nutt didn't leave prior to our game against them.

Fixed that for ya!
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

Boarcephus

I'm still surprised Cutcliffe would settle for Duke.  You'd think that he would have better options, unless he wanted a school like Duke.   With his reputation as developing qb's and his limited success at Ole Miss, I thought he might have been in line for some of the bigger openings.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 14, 2007, 07:02:07 am
I'm still surprised Cutcliffe would settle for Duke.  You'd think that he would have better options, unless he wanted a school like Duke.   With his reputation as developing qb's and his limited success at Ole Miss, I thought he might have been in line for some of the bigger openings.

I thought that was odd as well given the opening's available that he would go to Duke which is the bottom of the barrell

94 Hawg

I hope he does well there, he wasn't given a fair shake @ ole miss.

oh, and this should cripple the vols again ;D
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

bondo0007

not every school in the nation wants and has a man crush on malzahn,i swear every time there is a new job opening thats the first thing said here

Feralhog

December 14, 2007, 08:44:47 am #12 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 08:47:59 am by Feralhog
Quote from: vol_in_ar on December 14, 2007, 05:42:56 am
http://govolsxtra.com/news/2007/dec/13/cutcliffe-offered-duke-job-expected-accept-positio/

wonder if Tennessee goes after Malzhan
Landing Mitch was th primary reason twinke boy wanted Gus in the past.  Fulmer is incapable of hiring outside the Tenn family.  If Cutcliffe leaves, Tenn will either have a new coach this time next season or they'll be looking for one. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

parrishw

Quote from: intoxhog on December 14, 2007, 06:59:27 am
I don't know Muskogee, I don't believe Bob Stoops was real happy with Kevin (what ever his last name is) this year. I watched all of OU games this year and I can hontely say that I believe they did less with more on the offensive side of the ball. Demarrco Murrey was way underutilized.

I agree with this....the less with more part anyway........... Muskogee but you are pretty close to that over there and your post are pretty solid so you could be right.
One thing about Stoops...if you think you can predict him you are bound to be wrong.

LRCentralTiger

This kinda surprises me because of Cut's health and connections to Knoxville.  Not to add Duke of all places.  There have been a few coaches who was able to turn the Duke program in the right direction but those coaches knew it would not last long.  Spurrier did a great job then left.

Mr. Hog

Quote from: bondo0007 on December 14, 2007, 08:37:44 am
not every school in the nation wants and has a man crush on malzahn,i swear every time there is a new job opening thats the first thing said here
Because he's an up and comer man, why does some guy wondering out loud if Gus will be considered for a job get under everyone's skin ?

Malzahn will be hired sooner or later at a big School, will you cry when this happens ?
Go Hogs Go!

arcowboy

Don't let it bother you.....

HawgBallLvr

Quote from: Mr. Hog on December 14, 2007, 08:58:19 am
Because he's an up and comer man, why does some guy wondering out loud if Gus will be considered for a job get under everyone's skin ?

Malzahn will be hired sooner or later at a big School, will you cry when this happens ?
Because you lovers seem to have an agenda. Its Gus or nothing. So hes an up and comer. Let him up and come somewhere else. He isnt a coach here, he wont be a coach here. Take a deep breath and move on.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

Thrilbilly

Quote from: HawgBallLvr on December 14, 2007, 09:02:35 am
Because you lovers seem to have an agenda. Its Gus or nothing. So hes an up and comer. Let him up and come somewhere else. He isnt a coach here, he wont be a coach here. Take a deep breath and move on.

One of the silliest post I have seen in a while!

pfrg999

Gus will have a job next season... Book it, mark it and take it to the back and deposit it and draw interest upon it and then take that interest and spend it or roll it in an IRA or some sort of mutual fund or just let the interest accumulate and compound it then retire after many years and then you will look back and say that I was right that Gus had a job this year and you will say to yourself man I am glad I took that to the bank because I have a rockin house that I bought by using the interest off what I took to the bank and I have a smokin retirement and then you will say thanks pferg999 for telling me to take that to the bank cause look at me now in my smoking retirement becuse you you we right to tell me to take it to the bank and I did.
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

MinowBucket

I heard Gus was going to try and get the opening for President of The United States. Anyone else heard this????

HoginHouston

I think the reason it gets under my skin is this: he does NOT work for Arkansas, nor is he going to in the near future. This is an Arkansas fan board. Yall should create Gusville.net where you can constantly chatter about whether a big-name program will look to Tulsa's co-OC for their next hiring.

Nothing against Gus, but who in the hell cares? What does it have to do with Arkansas football? In case you haven't noticed, we just landed freaking Bobby Petrino to coach us. I assumed that would give us a break from the man-crush love, but apparently not. If you want to obsess over a coach, you have a great one wearing Hog red now...
Go Hogs Go.

ATLHogcallin

Amen HoginHouston!  I couldn't care less about Gus now that we have Petrino!

ceegar

What will ESPN say if Gus leaves to take another OC position.  3 different schools in 3 years.  Oh my.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Nashville Fan

December 14, 2007, 10:07:15 am #24 Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 10:17:38 am by Nashville Fan
Vol_in_Ar leave our Gus alone! :) I've heard they might go after Kippy Brown @ Detroit and bring him back home. We'll see.
Pittman or Bust!

Houston h

If I were UT, I would hire Gus in a heartbeat.  Everyone knows what he can do, they saw it briefly last year and all year this year.  Someone in the BCS is going to take a shot at this guy and all the other teams in that conference will feel his rath.  The guy is a flat out genious when it comes to designing an offensive scheme.

Wild Bill Hog

I'm still surprised Cutcliffe would settle for Duke.  You'd think that he would have better options, unless he wanted a school like Duke.   With his reputation as developing qb's and his limited success at Ole Miss, I thought he might have been in line for some of the bigger openings.

He can't recruit.

idiotghos

This isn't a good thing to me.  I doubt Fulmer is going to last too many more seasons at Tenny without Cutcliffe.  If Phil goes, I think the Athletic Department in Knoxville is going to right off the bat cast their eyes on a certain coach in Fayetteville.

longtimeHogfan

So did I.  But LSU (should it become available) and Michigan may be too big of openings for Cut at this point.  He may have found himself in the same position Butch Davis was in when he went to NC.  It just may be the best job available at the time.

I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: pfrg999 on December 14, 2007, 09:33:50 am
Gus will have a job next season... Book it, mark it and take it to the back and deposit it and draw interest upon it and then take that interest and spend it or roll it in an IRA or some sort of mutual fund or just let the interest accumulate and compound it then retire after many years and then you will look back and say that I was right that Gus had a job this year and you will say to yourself man I am glad I took that to the bank because I have a rockin house that I bought by using the interest off what I took to the bank and I have a smokin retirement and then you will say thanks pferg999 for telling me to take that to the bank cause look at me now in my smoking retirement becuse you you we right to tell me to take it to the bank and I did.

A sentence structure that would bring tears to Wally's eyes.

Blue35

That will be good for us. Gets him off of our schedule. He is very good.

RT1941

I really don't think the rest of the nation gives a crap about Gus, or even knows who he is, outside of the state of Arkansas & the city of Tulsa.  However Bobby Petrino, everybody knows this man & he our COACH!!!!
RazorTusk!!!!

pfrg999

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 14, 2007, 10:18:14 am
A sentence structure that would bring tears to Wally's eyes.

That is the beauty of it...
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

go hogues

Quote from: HoginHouston on December 14, 2007, 09:41:12 am

Nothing against Gus, but who in the hell cares? What does it have to do with Arkansas football?
Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that he could realistically be picked up by an SEC school as an OC and then come in and recruit Arkansas hard. 
I don't think anybody is discounting Petrino, it's just that people still respect and fear Malzahn, and they shudder to think about going up against one of his offenses.  He is after all, one of us.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Nashville Fan

This is who will probably be calling the plays for TN next year.
http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=353

He coach with JJ. and was an XFL coach. He's helped Detroit.
Pittman or Bust!

hoosier

I think Fulmer needs to clean house and start over. There is something missing with their coaching. They don't seem to be as tough and physical and intimidating as they used to be. Another mediocre year and he will be looking for a job.

Mrsherm

Quote from: pfrg999 on December 14, 2007, 09:33:50 am

Who needs a broker when we all have this guy ? lol
Nice post :-)

Nashville Fan

Quote from: hoosier on December 14, 2007, 11:15:14 am
I think Fulmer needs to clean house and start over. There is something missing with their coaching. They don't seem to be as tough and physical and intimidating as they used to be. Another mediocre year and he will be looking for a job.
Never happen. Fulmer will never hire someone who could replace him. He took the job from Johhy Majors while Majors was in the hopital recovering from a heart attack. He will never hire a coach that could be the HC of TN on his staff. He knows first hand the dangers.
Pittman or Bust!

hogsanity

Quote from: Mr. Hog on December 14, 2007, 08:58:19 am

IT is because they bring him up for EVERY open job.  They have him as the new OC at Auburn, OU, they had him as the next Houston HC.  They think the whole college world is beating down his door. 

He will get something better than tulsa, but it may take another year or 2.  Plus, he knows that with another year or 2 like they had last year, offensively, the offers will be even better.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Cure

He's getting out of the SEC just when it started getting tough. ;)
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

DeltaBoy

Great news then UT will be down next year!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HouTxRzbck

Yep, your right.  Wilson is the Real Offensive Cord.  he is the one that calls the plays.  I actually follow OU football and I have never heard of Sumlin
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

Beaverfever

Cut should have waited.  He can do better than Duke.  I wouldn't have minded him for our HC.

mdstaff

Couldn't have said it better myself. I heard North Dakota Jr. College is looking for a new coach, maybe the will call Gus,,,,Sarcasm!!

mdstaff

Quote from: Mrsherm on December 14, 2007, 11:17:37 am
Who needs a broker when we all have this guy ? lol
Nice post :-)

Now the broker comment is funny!! LMFAO!

hoosier

Quote from: Nashville Fan on December 14, 2007, 11:20:47 am
Never happen. Fulmer will never hire someone who could replace him. He took the job from Johhy Majors while Majors was in the hopital recovering from a heart attack. He will never hire a coach that could be the HC of TN on his staff. He knows first hand the dangers.

Sounds familiar doesn't it ;)

k-hog

Quote from: Houston h on December 14, 2007, 10:10:36 am
If I were UT, I would hire Gus in a heartbeat.  Everyone knows what he can do, they saw it briefly last year and all year this year.  Someone in the BCS is going to take a shot at this guy and all the other teams in that conference will feel his rath.  The guy is a flat out genious when it comes to designing an offensive scheme.

I don't usually pick at people and their spelling, but come on!!!!  This is comedy gold!!!!   I almost spit out the Cheerios.

And FYI, he is not a genius.  People really need to quit giving football coaches such extravagant titles.

chiefsfan

Supposedly Stoops really liked what Gus did at Tulsa

Passing Game Coordinator at OU > Offensive Coordinator at Tulsa
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

MinowBucket

I'm not sure anyone wants to feel his rath, whatever that is, it doesn't sound like something worth feeling.