Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU fans' comments on Petrino/Nutt

Started by iCalledThatHogBrotha!, December 13, 2007, 04:07:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyRoma

SLC

Quote from: Hogapalooza on December 14, 2007, 11:19:59 pm
No.  As long as he keeps the recruiting the way it is now, LsU has enough talent to keep him in the top 10 and higher every year.  Louisiana is LOADED w/ talent.  That state is a Gold Mine!  Less is an Idiot though...

LA does have a lot of talent.  Two points though.  First, Miles got lucky several times this year, very lucky.  The ball will not always bounce that way for him. 
Second, Miles plays upperclassmen.  At some point I believe the recruits are going to be tempted to go somewhere where they can play immediately or have a shot at playing immediately.
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

arkbengal

Quote from: winbe on December 13, 2007, 06:34:12 pm
Don't they realize that LSU's first choice would have been Petrino if Miles left?  Then they would have been singing his praises.  What do you expect from people who brag about being undefeated in regulation? 

This is  another Rick Schafer spin. If you check the facts, LSU dropped Petrino like a hot potato after his interview before they hired Miles. Also, there were a couple of current/ex NFL coaches mentioned as possibilities if Miles did go to UM, and neither was Petrino. LSU will not go back there with BP.

SuthrnFballer15

Quote from: abostian on December 13, 2007, 04:07:36 pm
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/MessageTopic.asp?p=6469281&Pg=1

Seems most are buying into the national media BS.  Trying to tell me Nutt was a good coach and has more integrity than Petrino!
Yeah so they will say that because they have nothing to worry about if Nutt is our coach. Does anyone really think they care about the well-being of our program....I think not.
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Tejano Jawg

They think Nutt has more integrity than Petrino? (Shhhhh, the truth will be our little secret.)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

camden5r

I love how everybody thinks we ran off poor little HDn. Our new coach is head and shoulders improvement over what we had for the last 10 years. Alot of there agruments were he took us to 8 bowl games and 2 sec west titles. Question for all the outsiders how many were BCS bowls? And on top of that how many were top tier bowls? HDN had the opportunity to compete for 3 National Championships while he was here and could not get the job done. And if you want to know which 3 years I am refering to they are 98,06, and 07.

SLC

Quote from: Hogapalooza on December 14, 2007, 11:30:36 pm
Your 1st point,   I said Less is an Idiot?

The key is letting the young guns that deserve to play as Fresh/Shoph play.

I was agreeing with you, Les is an idiot.  Too many dumb calls.  Auburn especially. 

I do not think Les plays underclassmen over upperclassmen.  Look at Hester, everyone thinks he is great, but from the games I saw Hester is not the best back on that team.  Miles probably knows something about the other backs I do not, but from game play Hester was not their best back.  Others in LA have noticed this, and it is creating a reputation for preferring upperclassmen.  Eventually that will harm recruiting, to what degree I do not know.
I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

SLC

Quote from: blunthog on December 15, 2007, 02:08:31 am
I love how everybody thinks we ran off poor little HDn. Our new coach is head and shoulders improvement over what we had for the last 10 years. Alot of there agruments were he took us to 8 bowl games and 2 sec west titles. Question for all the outsiders how many were BCS bowls? And on top of that how many were top tier bowls? HDN had the opportunity to compete for 3 National Championships while he was here and could not get the job done. And if you want to know which 3 years I am refering to they are 98,06, and 07.

I use the 98 season agains their logic.  98 was HDN's first year and HDN's best winning percentage at 75%.  If that is the case, why didn't Nutt build a better program?  Nutt's best season was with someone else's players, that is because NDN did not have to develop their skills. 

parrishw

Quote from: RedRock on December 13, 2007, 05:05:50 pm
LSU fan, keep those post coming.  It truly shows how classless and desperate you are.  I suppose if Saban chose LSU over Bama last year your view would be a bit different.  It is so easy to say what you will or won't do.  But I assure you, allowing your son to come to Arkansas would upgrade your family's ignorant reputation significantly! 

You have the LSUfan from this board confused with somebody else if you are bashing him. He is a pretty well respected and open minded individual. Does some very funny and creative stuff.

Shouldn't confuse him with anybody from the LSU board.

parrishw

Quote from: blunthog on December 15, 2007, 02:08:31 am

I agree. I like getting some of the credit for running that despicable fool off.

rmbsab

You know it ticks me off that no one seems to mention this guy was so upset that he took a 2 MILLION dollar paycut.

taoteching

Quote from: Reaganite on December 13, 2007, 06:21:29 pm
If a dork can beat LSU, Coach Petrino is gonna slice 'em & dice 'em!

right on

Blue35

Screw LSU. They are probably drunk anyway.

hawgball9401

I don't blame LSU fans for being pissed off that we got Petrino instead of Nuttz.....our chances of kicking their ass every year just improved 127.6%.

These idiots say Nutt did more with less talent?  How can you say DMAC, Felix Jones, Matt Jones, Monk, Hillis, Luigs, Chris Houston, J. Anderson etc. are teams with no talent?  Not to mention all of the in-state talent that went to other schools.

As far as going to bowl games?  How many of those bowl games did Nuttz win?  In bowl games you represent the SEC more than any other game throughout the year, and I would have to say Nuttz did represent the University or the SEC very well at all in these games.

Once again, a bunch of uneducated idiots throwing out their opinions without the full story.

RickyRoma

Quote from: arkbengal on December 15, 2007, 12:24:43 am
This is  another Rick Schafer spin. If you check the facts, LSU dropped Petrino like a hot potato after his interview before they hired Miles. Also, there were a couple of current/ex NFL coaches mentioned as possibilities if Miles did go to UM, and neither was Petrino. LSU will not go back there with BP.

This is what LSU wants everyone to think.  Bottom line is we got better and LSU doesn't like it.  here kitty kitty.

wacohog

You guys ought to spend a bit of time on the rant.  There are no more idiots there than there are onour boards,  and there is a certain reckless kind of humor there that is pretty funny at times.  There are posters from several schools,  and you can see the Hogs from someone else's perspective .  It is worth the time I can assure you.

Having written the above,  I can assure you that when BP was first named,  more than a few rantards were VERY impressed.  They recognized that we were and are committed to becoming a true SEC power.  Once all the Atlanta BS started,  well then the prevailing opinions of the masses not only on the rant,  but on multiple SEC boards,  turned south in a hurry.

Honestly,  the vast majority were impressed by our hire .  They are nervous.  Are we little old Arkansas that can't do better than Nutt,  or are we going to be a real power now? 

arkbengal

Quote from: hawgnjayhawkland on December 15, 2007, 09:54:00 am
This is what LSU wants everyone to think.  Bottom line is we got better and LSU doesn't like it.  here kitty kitty.

That's probably true - Arkansas will be better, especially offensively. If you read the column in today's Gazette, it will make it that much tougher for an SEC team to get to the MNC again. But at the same time, I don't think Spurrier, Fulmer, Richt, Tubberville, Miles, Saban, and Meyer are just going to throw in the towel since BP is at Arkansas now.
Just makes an already tough league tougher.

TheNuttlessFrontier

QuoteBeing completely honest, could you approve of your son playing for Bobby Petrino in light of how he handled the whole situation in Atlanta?

I wonder if they would be asking this question if BP was their new HC?

hoggeek

Quote from: Tammany Tom on December 13, 2007, 05:45:27 pm
Thank you.

<snip>

I appreciate thoughtful, well-articulated comments from an obviously intelligent and well-educated poster, I don't care what school he's from.

arkbengal

Quote from: hogs25 on December 13, 2007, 04:35:09 pm
They need to worry about finding a coach.  Les is gone.

And others - ooops!  Guess we'll have to put up with the "idiot" for a while yet.

I do think BP is a big step up from Nutt, but let me know when he wins 11 games 3 years in a row in the SEC, an SEC championship, and possible MNC.

oldhawg

Quote from: arkbengal on December 16, 2007, 03:47:40 pm
And others - ooops!  Guess we'll have to put up with the "idiot" for a while yet.

I do think BP is a big step up from Nutt, but let me know when he wins 11 games 3 years in a row in the SEC, an SEC championship, and possible MNC.

Hope I am around in four or five years to give this back to you, although I will be happy with the first two because that should put us in the hunt for the MNC.

redneck razorback

La and espn are just jealous and pissed, jealous because arkansas has finally put it's money where it's mouth is in hiring a top notched coach that can win and recruit on the national level. they are pissed because they won't know the play on third and nine. lol   GO HOGS! ;D

flynhog

I have a good friend in Caton Rouge who is a huge LSU fan.  He said he hates playing the Razorbacks at all.  He said "I never know which team will show up".  I think Petrino will assist the correct Razorback team with directions. 

The Hogs are about to be the SEC powerhouse. 
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: Tammany Tom on December 13, 2007, 05:45:27 pm
Thank you.

I wouldn't say LSU fans are scared. I think a more accurate statement (and this would be an accurate statement from any fanbase in the SEC) is one of concern. Not just concern about Arkansas and Petrino, but concern of how competitive the entire conference is. There are basically 8 schools in the SEC that are extremely committed to winning. There is only 1 champion that can be crowned each year and 8 fanbases that expect to have a very real opportunity to win it.

Back when OU and Nebraska had a major rivalry, OU fans called Nebraska fans "Corndogs" since Nebraska is a state with a rural population with numerous farmers and where county fairs are quite popular. Corndogs are a food of choice at county fairs, thus the chosen name OU fans decided to call Nebraska fans.

A couple of years ago, some Auburn fan read an interesting story on how OU fans called Nebraska fans corndogs prior to our game against them. He picked up the name and started calling LSU fans "Corndogs". LSU being called "Corndogs" is a tribute of the intelligence level and orginality of those Auburn fans that started the trend. Since Louisiana doesn't have counties, we have parishes, the whole corndogs and county fair thing doesn't really make any sense. I've lived in Louisiana for most of my life and I have never seen corndogs served anywhere.

Most LSU fans take the whole Corndog thing and laugh at it. Now if Auburn said we smelled like crawfish or shrimp or some other Louisiana food then it would make just a little sense.

Anyway, feel free to call us corndogs because we could really care less.

I don't know how old most of the posters on this board are, but the age group that posts on Tigerdroppings is primarily between 16 and 24 years of age.

How about COONASS!!!!!!  Or Scrimp eatin' coonass!  Or Crawdady Coonass.  Or . . .
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God