Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU fans' comments on Petrino/Nutt

Started by iCalledThatHogBrotha!, December 13, 2007, 04:07:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

December 13, 2007, 04:07:36 pm Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 04:28:15 pm by abostian
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/MessageTopic.asp?p=6469281&Pg=1

Seems most are buying into the national media BS.  Trying to tell me Nutt was a good coach and has more integrity than Petrino!

LZH

What is LSUfan4444's avatar all about?  Is that aerobics or what?

VenturaHog

Those tigers need to put down their corndogs and start thinking rationally.

Bogustus

Sounds like somebody has Petrino envy.  That happens when the mad hatter is in charge.

El Dogg Hog

Who cares what LS-Who fans think. LSU SUCKS!!!

HootieHaterfromALA

otownhawg

Well, they will get a big lesson in "integrity" come January when Les bolts and leaves them hanging! 

Five-O-One

Les Miles is going to Michigan after the NC game anyway. They won't be worried about us anymore then.
The trouble with troubleshooting is ... sometimes trouble shoots back!!! -Armin Meier

cj_sez

My cousin in Lousiana is so upset with UA hiring Petrino, he's not speaking to me. Not because of the way Petrino left Atlanta, but because of his skill. He was angry at the loss this year, but figured it was a fluke. Now he sees UA as a threat.

Five-O-One

Quote from: otownhawg on December 13, 2007, 04:34:25 pm
Well, they will get a big lesson in "integrity" come January when Les bolts and leaves them hanging! 
Dang you beat me to that thought.
The trouble with troubleshooting is ... sometimes trouble shoots back!!! -Armin Meier

hogs25

They need to worry about finding a coach.  Les is gone.

TrojanHog

Thank God our message board isn't called Hogdroppings... Geez, those guys are idiots.

hog trouter

what are they gonna be saying when their coach still ends up at michigan?

aar0n

I hope Petrino's Heroes show those kittens whats up next season

OKhogfan1959

I don't care what a bunch of stupid ass LSU fans think. I know that recruits love this guy and that I do care about.

Judge him on how he conducts himself from this point on...He took a 2 million dollare loss to coach at Arkansas..l do care about that!!

LSUFan

Quote from: TrojanHog on December 13, 2007, 04:35:12 pm
Thank God our message board isn't called Hogdroppings... Geez, those guys are idiots.
tru dat

David†

LSU has the worst reputation of any fan out there. If ther is anybosy worse than a Yankee's fan its gotta be LSU hands down!!!!

aar0n

kimjongsqUeAl

Who care what those coonasses think.  Screw LSU!  BTW,,,,, LSWho got dat ass whipped by AR didn't they?   Hmmmmm . . . .
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

aar0n

TXrazorback

I could care less what LSU fans say.  All of them with the exception of LSUfan are a bunch of classless morons.

Not much else to add to the conversation.
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

Master B

I can't wait to have all of Louisana's top receivers up in Fayettville.  Hella-sweet.

cbjagman

Gosh, sounds like a lot of the LSU ranting and raving seems to be based on a major increase in concern about the ability of the Hog's upgrading the direction of the football program. As a team that plays us every year would you honestly expect anything else from the pussycats?

erniehog

It seems that the national media wants to crucify Petrino for leaving a 3-10 Falcon team that has no chance of making the playoffs before their season is finished. Yet they are ignoring that Nutt left Arkansas in the learch before they play in their bowl game and is actively recruiting Arkansas players.
Can someone please explain the difference to me?

dacskc

Ha! Nutt more integrity than Petrino? I guess they forgot the part where he sent emails to run off players, engaged in an "alleged" affair, lied to anyone who would listen, maintained relationships with idiots, took credit for the work of others, flirted with the AD's at several other schools, threw people under the bus, (not to mention average record, which isn't integrity related, but nontheless....).

Let's see how Petrino stacks up, left the suckage in Atlanta on his own terms (before being fired). That about does it. Landslide for Hoot.

softballguy8

Quote from: abostian on December 13, 2007, 04:07:36 pm

Seems most are buying into the national media BS.  Trying to tell me Nutt was a good coach and has more integrity than Petrino!

They hate that Arkansas will actually become a threat to them. They don't care that he left the ATL. They just don't want us to beat them.
Coach Petrino ... Welcome to Arkansas!

TLFHAWG

Man_O_Pork

They're just still pissed over the Saban deal, and see too many comparisons between us and Bama. 

Oh, and they're nervous about having to play us since we now have a real coach.

HOGKING

Quote from: VenturaHog on December 13, 2007, 04:26:49 pm
Those tigers need to put down their corndogs and start thinking rationally.

Whats the deal with LSU and Corndogs?

Reservoir Hogs

I truly hope that Les Miles stays at LSU for a long time.  I dont think he can coach his way out of a paper sack and those poor posters are going to be begging for a new coach soon.  They have incredible talent (possibly the best in the nation) and he was out coached by the nuttster.  LM does some incredibly dumb things (4th down going for it in OT when a 15 yrd FG would win)... I cannot wait to see him take down the LSU program with his dumb arrogant ass.

RedRock

LSU fan, keep those post coming.  It truly shows how classless and desperate you are.  I suppose if Saban chose LSU over Bama last year your view would be a bit different.  It is so easy to say what you will or won't do.  But I assure you, allowing your son to come to Arkansas would upgrade your family's ignorant reputation significantly! 

311Hog

Quote from: RedRock on December 13, 2007, 05:05:50 pm
LSU fan, keep those post coming.  It truly shows how classless and desperate you are.  I suppose if Saban chose LSU over Bama last year your view would be a bit different.  It is so easy to say what you will or won't do.  But I assure you, allowing your son to come to Arkansas would upgrade your family's ignorant reputation significantly! 

huh what?

Hoggish1

Not likely they get the boot back anytime soon but their HC has one for them after Jan. 7.  After putting up with Testiculoso for 10 years we don't want to hear any complaints from Atlanta, Baton Rouge or anywhere else.

hogjayhawk

Sounds like LSU is a little bit scared

Call Mr. Sow

December 13, 2007, 05:26:49 pm #34 Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 05:28:36 pm by Call Mr. Sow
Anytime I read someone's comments bout Nutt being a good coach or a good guy, I immediately know that the speaker is either a moron or a liar.  Either way, their opinion is immediately invalidated as far as I'm concerned.  Really helps separate the wheat from the chaff.

311Hog

Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on December 13, 2007, 05:26:49 pm
Anytime I read someone's comments bout Nutt being a good coach or a good guy, I immediately know that the speaker is either a moron or a liar.  Either way, their opinion is immediately invalidated as far as I'm concerned.  Really helps cut the wheat from the chaff.

ditto and +1

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on December 13, 2007, 05:22:45 pm
Tammany Tom seems like a decent guy.

Thank you.

Quote from: hogjayhawk on December 13, 2007, 05:22:38 pm
Sounds like LSU is a little bit scared

I wouldn't say LSU fans are scared. I think a more accurate statement (and this would be an accurate statement from any fanbase in the SEC) is one of concern. Not just concern about Arkansas and Petrino, but concern of how competitive the entire conference is. There are basically 8 schools in the SEC that are extremely committed to winning. There is only 1 champion that can be crowned each year and 8 fanbases that expect to have a very real opportunity to win it.

Quote from: HOGKING on December 13, 2007, 04:59:04 pm
Whats the deal with LSU and Corndogs?

Back when OU and Nebraska had a major rivalry, OU fans called Nebraska fans "Corndogs" since Nebraska is a state with a rural population with numerous farmers and where county fairs are quite popular. Corndogs are a food of choice at county fairs, thus the chosen name OU fans decided to call Nebraska fans.

A couple of years ago, some Auburn fan read an interesting story on how OU fans called Nebraska fans corndogs prior to our game against them. He picked up the name and started calling LSU fans "Corndogs". LSU being called "Corndogs" is a tribute of the intelligence level and orginality of those Auburn fans that started the trend. Since Louisiana doesn't have counties, we have parishes, the whole corndogs and county fair thing doesn't really make any sense. I've lived in Louisiana for most of my life and I have never seen corndogs served anywhere.

Most LSU fans take the whole Corndog thing and laugh at it. Now if Auburn said we smelled like crawfish or shrimp or some other Louisiana food then it would make just a little sense.

Anyway, feel free to call us corndogs because we could really care less.

Quote from: TrojanHog on December 13, 2007, 04:35:12 pm

I don't know how old most of the posters on this board are, but the age group that posts on Tigerdroppings is primarily between 16 and 24 years of age.

311Hog

"I wouldn't say LSU fans are scared. I think a more accurate statement (and this would be an accurate statement from any fanbase in the SEC) is one of concern. Not just concern about Arkansas and Petrino, but concern of how competitive the entire conference is. There are basically 8 schools in the SEC that are extremely committed to winning. There is only 1 champion that can be crowned each year and 8 fanbases that expect to have a very real opportunity to win it."

This is exactly what i was thinking, there is a fine line between winning and losing in the SEC especially the West, and it just got finer.

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: abostian on December 13, 2007, 04:07:36 pm

Well we know one thing for sure...on the day after Thanksgiving Arkansas 50 LSU 48.

hillhog

I ditto all of the above and to put it in other words, they don't know right now who their coach will be next year.

The Boar War

Didn't LSU try and get Petrino after he signed an extension to Louisville?  Now they're lecturing about integrity.

HarrisonHog

I saw on a website where Ole Miss and LSU fans were going OFF on Arkansas.  I had no idea that we were still perceived as such a back water place.  They were saying things like we can never get big time athletes here because we are "freaking Arkansas" and not close to any big cities. And how we were a perpetual 8-10 win team at best, but the fans here can not accept it.

They even posted that Nutt>Petrino........  hahahahahahahahahhaha. 

Man, we have never had any real rivalries in the SEC, but I can feel changes coming on.  They really hate us now.....  This could be fun....

Reaganite

If a dork can beat LSU, Coach Petrino is gonna slice 'em & dice 'em!

Tammany Tom

Quote from: The Boar War on December 13, 2007, 06:06:09 pm
Didn't LSU try and get Petrino after he signed an extension to Louisville?  Now they're lecturing about integrity.

LSU talked very seriously to Petrino about becoming our head coach in December, 2004. LSU told Petrino that they decided to offer the job to Les Miles and Petrino immediately withdrew his name from consideration.

Petrino has always wanted to coach in the SEC. He got his wish. Even though he has always had his eye on other jobs, I really don't think Arkansas has anything to worry about. He can't afford to look for another job for at least 4 years. He is damaged goods in the NFL and no other University is going to offer him a job for at least 4 years. You wanted him, you got him, for better or worse. Good Luck!

winbe

Don't they realize that LSU's first choice would have been Petrino if Miles left?  Then they would have been singing his praises.  What do you expect from people who brag about being undefeated in regulation? 

It all comes down to the fact that no one in the nation can stand that little old Arkansas now has the potential to be a national power, they're all jealous.  Not saying we will be a perrenial power, but we now have a top ten coach to at least have the potential and everyone is worried about it.  Also, if we were in a big market, I don't think that ESPN would be bashing us like they are.

LSUpsychWARD

Quote from: The Boar War on December 13, 2007, 06:06:09 pm

haha he interviewed for the job and we turned him down.  Do some research before making ignorant posts.

SherriM122

Quote from: otownhawg on December 13, 2007, 04:34:25 pm

That's what I'm sayin!!!!! :)

RickyRoma

Quote from: LSUpsychWARD on December 13, 2007, 08:26:10 pm
haha he interviewed for the job and we turned him down.  Do some research before making ignorant posts.

Hey corndog...go back to your droppings for the rest of the year until we drop another 50 on your a$$.

edmo

RazorNick

They are just mad because they can only beat on nutt/ole miss (which doesn't look very good) instead of Arkansas