Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is anyone else sick of the "old style hog" on BWA midcourt?

Started by IronMountainHog, December 12, 2007, 09:12:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TransAmHawg

Quote from: taintlint on December 12, 2007, 09:31:27 pm
I know.

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents about the BS dog bone logo

That's the Hog for Razorback Stadium
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

rljjr

Cletus

See, what had happened was........

TransAmHawg

It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

Cletus

SigHog87

razorbacker80

Quote from: taintlint on December 12, 2007, 09:27:49 pm
NOTHING WILL EVER BE A BIGGER DISGRACE THAN THE DOG BONE RAZORBACK LOGO

It's cliche', gay, cheap, and cheesy.

Now that Long has his new coach... this would be a good project for him to work on.

Love the Hog as is, and agree we need one on the football field.

I know this is heresy, but LSU's tiger eye at mid field is really cool.

Cletus

December 12, 2007, 09:43:01 pm #59 Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 09:50:16 pm by The_Right_Reverend_Hawg
I like SigHog87's idea or these.

PotBelliedPig29

"I'm very excited to be the head coach at Ole Miss University'' -HDN

"We are too" -Arkansas

IronMountainHog

We have a state of the art arena, fancy scoreboard, skyboxes all modern.

We have a 1977 cartoonish hog in the middle that looks like it is from the 70's.

I am nostalgic but we do not do these things anymore either -

helmet stickers, a helmet/go cart that drives around the stadium, etc.

I still have my gold walmart digital watch that plays the fight song up for bids for all of you people living in the past.Still in the original clear plastic box.

WindyCityHog

Those of you that see it frequently and are under 1/2 a hundred....please leave it alone.

It's fantastic as it is.

CurlyTail

Love it how it is but I gotta admit the newer one would look really good.

doo-ran

Quote from: taintlint on December 12, 2007, 09:27:49 pm
NOTHING WILL EVER BE A BIGGER DISGRACE THAN THE DOG BONE RAZORBACK LOGO

It's cliche', gay, cheap, and cheesy.
And it belongs to Matt Shanklin.

PotBelliedPig29

I am glad this is the main issue we are divided on right now. It has been a while...
"I'm very excited to be the head coach at Ole Miss University'' -HDN

"We are too" -Arkansas

pimpndistress

Quote from: PotBelliedPig29 on December 12, 2007, 09:47:49 pm
I am glad this is the main issue we are divided on right now. It has been a while...
I know its cool    GOOD TIMES :)
:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

Zero Tolerance

Quote from: Karma on December 12, 2007, 09:42:44 pm
Love the Hog as is, and agree we need one on the football field.

I know this is heresy, but LSU's tiger eye at mid field is really cool.
Not heresy at all. The LSU midfield "tiger eye" is one of the best things about college football. I don't like Tennessee, but you have to throw in the checkerboard end zones at Neyland, just as traditional as the "hog" at center court.
Jeff Long + John Pelphrey + Bobby Petrino = The dawning of a glorious new era in Arkansas sports

doo-ran

JusPiggin

only thing that needs to change on the BWA court is those darn cheating referees thats always calling bs calls agianst us    GO HOGS GO

IronMountainHog

I'm 38 and it is all I have ever known. I also loved cheeseburgers until I tried steak. I think that stupid KU Jayhawk with the shoe buckles is out of style too. You might like a new one if you are open minded enough to giving it a chance.
Quote from: WindyCityHog on December 12, 2007, 09:46:35 pm
Those of you that see it frequently and are under 1/2 a hundred....please leave it alone.

It's fantastic as it is.

fatman423

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 12, 2007, 09:46:30 pm
We have a state of the art arena, fancy scoreboard, skyboxes all modern.

We have a 1977 cartoonish hog in the middle that looks like it is from the 70's.

I am nostalgic but we do not do these things anymore either -

helmet stickers, a helmet/go cart that drives around the stadium, etc.

I still have my gold walmart digital watch that plays the fight song up for bids for all of you people living in the past.Still in the original clear plastic box.
That's what I want Petrino to bring back...the Steve Little helmet go-cart.  I don't ask for much, just the helmet cart.

doo-ran

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 12, 2007, 09:51:42 pm
I'm 38 and it is all I have ever known. I also loved cheeseburgers until I tried steak. I think that stupid KU Jayhawk with the shoe buckles is out of style too. You might like a new one if you are open minded enough to giving it a chance.
I'm sorry, but this just loses the "human touch" I'm into retro Hog Memorabilia though. You should see the 1969 Sugar Bowl Banner I have. It's pretty cool and retro is definitely cool. How can anyone like this?
http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=2419

ark30inf

When you younger guys get a logo at midfield on the football field....make it whichever one you want.  But leave the basketball court alone.  The Slobberin' Hog was our logo during a lot of great history including a National Championship season.   There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Ouachihog

Quote from: ark30inf on December 12, 2007, 09:55:18 pm
When you younger guys get a logo at midfield on the football field....make it whichever one you want.  But leave the basketball court alone.  The Slobberin' Hog was our logo during a lot of great history including a National Championship season.   There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

How many other basketball courts have the exact same logo they did 20 years ago?
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

WindyCityHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 12, 2007, 09:51:42 pm

I don't disagree...

It's a matter of personal opinion.

I somehow try to hang on to a little history....

Dillard from the snout!

IronMountainHog

You guys can sit in your 1950 Packard and putt down the road on a lazy afternoon.I prefer a 2007 Corvette burning the tires off going 140 mph. I'm suprised some of you have as Frank says "internets".
Quote from: ark30inf on December 12, 2007, 09:55:18 pm
When you younger guys get a logo at midfield on the football field....make it whichever one you want.  But leave the basketball court alone.  The Slobberin' Hog was our logo during a lot of great history including a National Championship season.   There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

IBGPN

I like it the way it is.  I hate that stupid dogbone logo.

ark30inf

Quote from: Ouachihog on December 12, 2007, 09:57:49 pm
How many other basketball courts have the exact same logo they did 20 years ago?

Exactly!  How many have the tradition we have?  Not that many really.

CurlyTail

Tejano Jawg

I like the big old hog at center court. It's a good variation.

But if they ever decide to change it out, I'd like to buy the old one for my game room floor. (I'll also need a bigger game room.)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

razorrog1

Quote from: fatman423 on December 12, 2007, 09:54:55 pm
That's what I want Petrino to bring back...the Steve Little helmet go-cart.  I don't ask for much, just the helmet cart.
Holy cow, I forgot all about the helmet cart. We need a helmet cart!

Ouachihog

Quote from: ark30inf on December 12, 2007, 10:00:29 pm
Exactly!  How many have the tradition we have?  Not that many really.

Kentucky changed their logo a few years ago.  They have some tradition.  Rupp's court looks much better.  Anyway, just my opinion. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

WindyCityHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 12, 2007, 09:59:29 pm
You guys can sit in your 1950 Packard and putt down the road on a lazy afternoon.I prefer a 2007 Corvette burning the tires off going 140 mph. I'm suprised some of you have as Frank says "internets".

Look to the future but don't ignore the past.

Please don't infer the tradition should be unceremoniously dumped.

VROOM!  VROOM!

Try a little nostalgia.

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

IronMountainHog

I hear ya Windy. Dillard from the snout was great times.I guess us younger guys just like to make new memories while also respecting the past.
Quote from: WindyCityHog on December 12, 2007, 09:58:33 pm
I don't disagree...

It's a matter of personal opinion.

I somehow try to hang on to a little history....

Dillard from the snout!

WindyCityHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 12, 2007, 10:02:47 pm
I hear ya Windy. Dillard from the snout was great times.I guess us younger guys just like to make new memories while also respecting the past.

Thanks young'un ;)

There are multiple generations of Hog fans here....

You will be fine in 2020.

The "sickness" continues. 8)

thewholehog

We've already ruined the Hog Hat. Recently, we're trying to ruin the original Hog Call with that Haoo instead of Whoo before Pig Sooie. Quit messing with what little tradition we have left.

Greatness comes from the field and the court and not in gimmicks.

JBucc

Read the guidelines for signature images.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: razorrog1 on December 12, 2007, 10:02:27 pm
Holy cow, I forgot all about the helmet cart. We need a helmet cart!

Don't forget the real Hog helmet on a remote-controlled toy car chassis. Same vintage as the cart.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ark30inf

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 12, 2007, 09:59:29 pm

If you want snazzy, glitz, and glamor......root for an NFL team with sparkly pants.  If you want tradition....the Little Brown Jug....the plain old Longhorn helmet.....Alabama with their boring numbers.....plain old OU.....etc.  Then watch college ball.  Because its about tradition.

Why doesn't OU put some sort of sparkly wagon on the helmet?  Tradition.  Why doesn't Tennessee have some stylized frontiersman?  Tradition.  Why does Alabama have numbers?  Tradition.

If you want sparkly pants...watch the damn NFL....college football is tradition and once you screw it up you have none.

wkb

IronMountainHog

The way I see it the University of Houston had their greatest era with Phi Slamma Jamma. You don't see that on any of their courts.I guess I'll gripe if Coach Pel gets a bad afro like Eddie Sutton and Mike Nail had.
Quote from: WindyCityHog on December 12, 2007, 10:02:40 pm
Look to the future but don't ignore the past.

Please don't infer the tradition should be unceremoniously dumped.

VROOM!  VROOM!

Try a little nostalgia.

Fear the Tusk

If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you'd like to win, but think you can't
it's almost a cinch, you won't.
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man.
But soon or late the man who wins is the one who thinks he can.

doo-ran

Quote from: CurlyTail on December 12, 2007, 10:02:06 pm
Never seen that before. Good lord it looks like it's sick to death and about to drop dead at any second.

It needs to be fattened huh? :)

Wash Hogwallop

LEAVE MY BASKETBALL HOG ALONE!

That is a cherished emblem.