Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is anyone else sick of the "old style hog" on BWA midcourt?

Started by IronMountainHog, December 12, 2007, 09:12:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMountainHog

Original post -     If you want tradition....the Little Brown Jug....the plain old Longhorn helmet.....Alabama with their boring numbers.....plain old OU.....etc.  Then watch college ball.  Because its about tradition.

Why doesn't OU put some sort of sparkly wagon on the helmet?  Tradition.  Why doesn't Tennessee have some stylized frontiersman?  Tradition.  Why does Alabama have numbers?  Tradition.

My response - It is not all about tradition.David Bazzell payed 10K for this 11 years ago but CBS props it up. Why was this invented? To spark the rivalry. So it is not about tradition at all.They just created it for future tradition.My point being if we have played them beginning in 1906 why did we not have a trophy till 90 years later.Do you understand McFly.BTW I am on the Senior walk so kiss it jabroni.

oldfart

the walton hog is the one true and original hog.. leave it alone, and make the other hogs resemble it.  i dislike the current version of a skinny-a@@ hog!!!

sponge_bob_4

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 12, 2007, 09:12:03 pm
I personally think they need to retire the old hog.They need to get out the belt sanders and remove it so we can put the new style hawg on it.BWA needs some new excitement and this would be a start.

I agree....we need an update.  It's not 1994 any more

Dutch

Does anyone have the link where we are adding the Wal-Mart logo to the floors of Bud Walton instead of the Hog.  I also heard we are adding the Wal-Mart logo to RRS and the endzones will be painted with the phone number to a Lindsey Apartment. 

Walton University

SigHog87

hogmichael

I also vote for keeping the old Hog, I am a fan of new stuff being worked in but I think that Hog has to stay.

RazorCrackFan

Quote from: AnthroHog on December 12, 2007, 09:20:01 pm
I've always liked it and hope we have a Hog Logo at midfield next year for football.

Ive never thought about it...but why dont we have a hog at midfield?

Arkansas Student

I'd like to see us find a way to show off all the previous versions of the hog..... except the one  in the sweater...... that was never a good idea. Oh and the hog jumping through the A, he looks like he is stuck in it.

But, I say keep the old hog at Bud Walton. It's lean, it's fast, and to me it just seems to be the "basketball" hog, while the flag/helmet hog is more the icon of the football program.
"Go-Hogs-Go-Hogs-Halt-Kick-Swtich-WHOOP-Boom!" no longer truly exists.

pigmailyen

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!  I was thinking the exact same thing watching the game.  The slobbering sow needs to be retired.
Put this :razorback: on cc instead. 
NO dogbone logo please.

SigHog87

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 13, 2007, 12:05:09 am
I'll take some crow because 3 days ago I said Jeff Long sucks.Just put some Tony Chachere's seasoning on it.

You put Tony C's on dirt and it's edible, but I like Cavender's better

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

IMAHOG

Do not touch the slobbering Hog at center court.  Ever.  It is sacred.

trav1021

I love the BWA Hog.  I wish they would put the Hog jumping through the A logo back on the basketball shorts instead of the Skinny Hog. 

CountryBoar

no question at all! gotta go with tradition and the slobbering hog.

CountryBoar

Quote from: trav1021 on December 13, 2007, 12:15:11 am
I love the BWA Hog.  I wish they would put the Hog jumping through the A logo back on the basketball shorts instead of the Skinny Hog. 

i was just thinking that watching the game tonight before i ever saw this thread.

RazrBakr

Love the old school slobbering hog.  Call me a softy for sentimental ideas...LOVE ALL HOGS!  should be our creed!
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

Wayne Watson

Yeah.  I was at the game tonight and thought the same thing.  Let's change it.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Dbl D

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 12, 2007, 09:12:03 pm
I personally think they need to retire the old hog.They need to get out the belt sanders and remove it so we can put the new style hawg on it.BWA needs some new excitement and this would be a start.

I guess we like it best Matt.

The_Iceman

December 13, 2007, 12:21:50 am #169 Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 12:25:58 am by The_Iceman
i wish they would make their jerseys look modern, but yet resemle the 1994 team. With the hog jumping through the A, the awesome stripe down the one side, and ARKANSAS displayed huge across the chest.

as for the court, i love the hog, leave it! its traditional yet still classy. what they need to do it repaint the lanes. they are so faded it looks ugly.
they also need to add a retired numbers section, with the jerseys hanging from the top.
I would recommend retiring #34, #10, and #32. Anyone disagree or have another #?

as for RRS, move the SEC logos to the 25's, make them smaller, and paint a big helmet style hog at midfield.

Smokehouse

Quote from: Ouachihog on December 12, 2007, 09:29:56 pm
Nobody wants the dog bone logo.  This is the one that some want...

why are all of the hog logos depicted running like this? Something about the legs has always looked funny to me. Why not just have a hog standing still and looking head-on, all menacing like it's about to charge or something?
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

LazorRazor

Keep the old Hog, it looks good especially if we ever get anybody else that can shoot from it... Also if they did change it, it might end up like that gigantic freaking fake bird that covers up almost the whole court at Phog Allen field house, now that looks stupid!
4th and 1, throw the Prolate spheroid deep!

CORZRBACKFAN

I don't buy gear with the "new" Hog on it. Just the good ole "mean lookin" Razorback that every sports fan in America recognizes as the Arkansas Razorback. The Hog on the floor at Bud Walton is classic, and I hope it never goes away.
-"One has to learn havin' fun is just smilin' through
those changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes. "

-Jimmy Buffett

NMHOGG

Leave slobber hog on the court! 
>:(
Get one just as unique for the FB field.
  ;D

SigHog87

December 13, 2007, 12:42:31 am #174 Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 12:47:14 am by SigHog87
nm

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Ahenso

I was at the game tonight and caught myself looking at it and thinking how awesome the hog was and they should never change it. Always remember Al Dillard nailing 3's from the tail and snout.

Red Tusk

If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

Lando Calrissian

I think they should put a picture of Frank Broyle at midcourt.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

tiber

Leave the @#$%&@ Hog at mid-court alone. 

The new logo people are calling the 'shanklin' logo is pathetic and cheap looking. 

People who want the mid-court hog gone don't realize... that PISSED AND SLOBBERING HOG implies that you're about to get an old-school ass-kicking courtesy of the Razorbacks.  That's a tradition YOU KEEP.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on December 13, 2007, 01:17:50 am

Lando, I wondered where you've been. From your post I see you've been down at Little Rock at the hospital with all the nice people in white suits where you stay in the nifty padded rooms while wearing that spiffy canvas jacket that laces up the back. ;)

Oh, and LEAVE MY HOG ALONE! Although I like the Helmet Hog too and it would be great at midfield.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

40MINSOFHELL

what's sick is no one is even attending the basketball games...i know its christmas break but GEEZE lol

LowDownDirty

The first thing they need to do in BWA is replace the seats!  You can see the foam padding on half of them!

whatsshakinbacon

The Razorback logo at midcourt makes Arkansas one of the most identifiable venues in America.

Any time ESPN is showing Razorback highlights (well, back when they used to show Arkansas highlights that is) you could tell in one blink where the game was.

And does anybody in America have a better scoreboard than our net?  I think not.

Bacon out...

HoosierDaddy

I'm fine with the hog logo at centercourt.

What has always bugged me about Walton is the lighting.  It's a dungeon compared to other arenas.  The court is lit up decently at best, but the crowd is in the dark. 

Noticeable in person, but even more so on televison.  Especially when compared to other arenas.
"Objective Thinking Lives Here"

rogers-hog

Quote from: WindyCityHog on December 12, 2007, 09:58:33 pm
I don't disagree...

It's a matter of personal opinion.

I somehow try to hang on to a little history....

Dillard from the snout!
i loved that guy what a shooter  +1

razorbass

The old hog is a classic and should stay the way it is.   IMO

Moe wins

I love the old Hog.

I know I've seen it but does anyone have a picture of the Shanklin Hog logo?

Mr. Prozac

Keep the current hog...And under no circumstances even contemplate that "dog bone"/"bowtie" logo--it looks Dollar General cheap.

Lando Calrissian

Maybe they can replace the Hog (the awesome cool one that they should NEVER replace) with Frank Broyle, and I mean the *real* Frank Broyle. 

Frank Broyle can just stand out there (or even wonder around if he chooses).  That would be an awesome tribute.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

pioneerhawg

Wasn't this part of bringing the magic of Barnhill into the new arena?  Maybe when we win a NC under the current logo, we could change it then.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage. And then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."  William "Hogville" Shakespeare

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

humphrey

People in Arkansas can't stand to get with the times.  They always have to hang on to backwards, backwoods, hillbilly stuff, like the slobbering hog and being the worst at nearly everything.  Let's move into the 20th century now so that we may then move into the 21st century later and catch up with the rest of the country!!!

I'm tired of these hillbilly ways!!

woghild

How about this instead:

PUT THE F****** BAND BACK IN THERE!

Why was it ever removed?  Remember the William Tell Overture?

NOISE, people!  Quit worrying about the logo on the floor.  Make NOISE!

Wildhog

I will lay on the floor in protest before they change that midcourt logo.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

muchoclappup

Quote from: woghild on December 13, 2007, 06:00:15 am
How about this instead:

PUT THE F****** BAND BACK IN THERE!

Why was it ever removed?  Remember the William Tell Overture?

NOISE, people!  Quit worrying about the logo on the floor.  Make NOISE!

I agree.  The more noise, the more the crowd gets into it.

"Pickled" Pig's Pete

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 12, 2007, 11:37:01 pm
My response - It is not all about tradition.David Bazzell payed 10K for this 11 years ago but CBS props it up. Why was this invented? To spark the rivalry. So it is not about tradition at all.They just created it for future tradition.My point being if we have played them beginning in 1906 why did we not have a trophy till 90 years later.Do you understand McFly.BTW I am on the Senior walk so kiss it jabroni.

You do realize that the overwhelming majority of LSU fans consider The Boot nothing more than a joke?

Of course CBS props it - keeps them from having to go out and find "filler" for their broadcast.

You don't spend 10k to manufacture a spark to a rivalry.  You go out and stop a mud hole in your opponent every chance you get to spark a rivalry.  Bama doesn't have to manufacture a spark for Auburn.  Same for Ohio State and Michigan.  Same for USC and UCLA.....

Anything Bazzell attempts is more about him than trying to pump the U of A.
Quote from: salebow on November 27, 2011, 08:39:55 pm
It made be a forum, but spelling and punctuation tell a lot about a person. Also, I usually post from my iPhone, too. I don't have a problem with using good spelling and punctuation.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on December 13, 2007, 01:17:50 am

Talk about a picture of an ancient hog.  ;)
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: humphrey on December 13, 2007, 04:48:17 am
People in Arkansas can't stand to get with the times.  They always have to hang on to backwards, backwoods, hillbilly stuff, like the slobbering hog and being the worst at nearly everything.  Let's move into the 20th century now so that we may then move into the 21st century later and catch up with the rest of the country!!!

Shall we go back to the days of the peach basket and Cardinals? ;) ;) ;) ;)
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Albert Einswine

Quote from: humphrey on December 13, 2007, 04:48:17 am

How would you suggest we sexy up a hog?  We're Hogs, bro!  Nothing sexy, chic or sophisticated about it.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker