Started by hawgsav1, December 12, 2007, 05:27:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigarrazorback

these media reporters can all kiss my butt

LR Hog

Like a boss.

fayhawgdawg

Quote from: steelrazor07 on December 12, 2007, 01:40:39 pm
This guy just ripped Petrino. Asked how could he come to a place that treated Houston Nutt so poorly. called him a "lying scumbag with poor grammar"

Ouch

Anyone that combs his hair over like cornholer does, don't know stuff

idiotghos

LR Hog

They have nothing better to talk about.
Like a boss.

LR Hog

Maybe New England will lose their game against the Jets and this story will go away.
Like a boss.

wholehog92

They spent alot of air last year pumping up a Louisville team with Bobby at the lead.  Now that he's at Arkansas, they have to start changing their position on his abilities and qualifications.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Pork Twain

For the love of God, what do they have against Arkansas???
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

dsewell70

Quote from: dhornjr1 on December 12, 2007, 02:11:36 pm
Since you have no idea who I am, it is not wise on your part to make such foolish presumptions.

I WAS saying that last season when he still didn't know a darned thing and was just throwing crap against the wall to see what would stick like he does every day.

Cowherd is a joke.

And just because someone suddenly jumps on my team's bandwagon does not change my opinion of that person's talent or intellect. That just shows that they're weak-minded and change with whichever way the wind blows.

Right now, it's popular to follow the national media herd and bash Arkansas and Petrino.

Do you expect Colin Cowherd to be any different?

no I don't.. he's a radio host and sports commentator. His job is to get ratings so that more advertising can be sold so that the network makes more money.

But he was on board with the Hogs the whole season until the end. So it's not like he jumped on the bandwagon the last week or two. He was touting the Hogs early in the season.

And if you all would listen, the commentators aren't bashing the Hogs. They're bashing Petrino. And they're talking about his habit of always looking for the next job and that Arkansas should be ready for that.

As I said before, it's not bad for a coach to look at other jobs. You don't want someone to become stale and unmotivated, thinking he has no reason to strive to succeed.

But after each season in Louisville, he heavily listened to other job offers or sought them out. That includes a secret meeting with Auburn officials behind Tuberville's back, who was heavily praised on this board as the "right hire" for the open job.

There's a big difference between looking at the occassional job offers and listening to one every season. And there is a big difference in thinking a place isn't right for you and leaving at season's end and thinking a job isn't right for you and leaving with almost a quarter of a season left on your schedule.

jeffw.e2

Scorned Arthur Blank is ripping says he "feels abused right now", Oh well sucks to be him. WPS!

Tigerhog14s

December 12, 2007, 02:20:55 pm #110 Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 02:27:03 pm by skeeb
I don't feel sorry for multi-millionaires.
Clothes make the man, Naked people have no influence on society. -Mark Twain

Phenomenal One

I hate Tony Kornheiser . . . total tard.  That seems to be the theme on ESPN today, their guys dogging out Petrino for leaving the Falcons and coming here.  Even guys on 103.7 the BUzz were dogging him out this morning.

They brought up that he has signed 20 years worth of contracts in the last 18 months (10 year contract with Louisville in Jan of 2006, 5 year contract with ATL in June of 07, now 5 years with us in Dec 07).  Mike and Mike were talking about him having no integrity and now they got some guy from SI on.  I say if he wins, he is OK with me!

jeffw.e2

Says Jerry Jones called him last thursday, about the AR job.

1texashogfan

Quote from: jeffw.e2 on December 12, 2007, 02:19:56 pm
Scorned Arthur Blank is ripping says he "feels abused right now", Oh well sucks to be him. WPS!

Maybe his anger is from hunger, send the man a bucket of fried chicken.

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.  Winston Churchill

Porkem

He'll get over it.

Never feel sorry for someone who owns a plane.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Oliver

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 12, 2007, 01:42:13 pm
Any coach leaving an NFL team DURING the season for another job is going to get ripped for it, especially by guys who cover the NFL.

If Petrino had waited until Dec. 31 to go to Fayetteville, this wouldn't be happening.

That was never going to happen.  The U of A and us fans were not going to be okay with Petrino telling us, "I'll take the job, but you will have to wait until Dec. 1st."  Not after we've already been turned down by 2 or 3 coaches already.  Petrino either said yes yesterday or we weren't going to hire him.  Why won't somebody tell that to the national media?

GolfnHog

Tell him to go to Home Depot...Talk about feeling abused and uninformed. Try dealing w/ some of their sales staff. Think some of them were imported from deep in the Georgia woods and can't find their butts with both hands and mirror.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Razorback Homer

Wonder if the NFL network would be giving Petrino a forum if Blank had fired him with three games left - prob not.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

EL' MAHOG

I don't won't a coach that yankee approves of!
I guess it finally rained, its down to 85, I bet the fish are bitin' down by the riverside

Tigerhog14s

Quote from: ScottFaldon on December 12, 2007, 01:42:13 pm
Any coach leaving an NFL team DURING the season for another job is going to get ripped for it, especially by guys who cover the NFL.

If Petrino had waited until Dec. 31 to go to Fayetteville, this wouldn't be happening.
What if he leaves for USC or say Florida or Ohio st. Does he get ripped then? I don't think so. Espn is ripping him in part for going to Arkansas. Were seen as unworthy.

blacksuit

The line that's pissing me off now is this:

"I don't think any parent would want their son to talk to this man, he's proven his lack of character"

idiotghos

Bobby Petrino makes NFL owners cry like little girls.

That's my kinda coach.

The Marmot

Kornheiser and Bayless sleep together.....
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

H&D

\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

U.P. HOGG

Did he say that Petrino called in his resignation?

kitshicker

Quote from: 1texashogfan on December 12, 2007, 02:22:30 pm
Maybe his anger is from hunger, send the man a bucket of fried chicken.

rofl......have to clean my keyboard now.....too funny!

hogfan446

on www.1037thebuzz.com now.  Add him to the list of haters.  "Not only did he quit the NFL and the Falcons before the season ended, he did it to go to ARKANSAS!"  Basically bashing our school.

dhornjr1

Quote from: dsewell70 on December 12, 2007, 02:18:38 pm
no I don't.. he's a radio host and sports commentator. His job is to get ratings so that more advertising can be sold so that the network makes more money.

But he was on board with the Hogs the whole season until the end. So it's not like he jumped on the bandwagon the last week or two. He was touting the Hogs early in the season.

And if you all would listen, the commentators aren't bashing the Hogs. They're bashing Petrino. And they're talking about his habit of always looking for the next job and that Arkansas should be ready for that.

As I said before, it's not bad for a coach to look at other jobs. You don't want someone to become stale and unmotivated, thinking he has no reason to strive to succeed.

But after each season in Louisville, he heavily listened to other job offers or sought them out. That includes a secret meeting with Auburn officials behind Tuberville's back, who was heavily praised on this board as the "right hire" for the open job.

There's a big difference between looking at the occassional job offers and listening to one every season. And there is a big difference in thinking a place isn't right for you and leaving at season's end and thinking a job isn't right for you and leaving with almost a quarter of a season left on your schedule.

Therein lies the problem with me. I choose to not listen to programs that are all style and no substance. Programs that are only concerned with ratings and not concerned with engaging in meaningful discussion. Unfortunately, style over substance is what many choose to sell these days.

Fortunately, there are a few local shows where I live that manage to engage in lively and honest discussion about sports and maintain high ratings. And, even more fortunately, one of them runs opposite Colin Cowherd.

People on here are bashing Tony Kornheiser because he is skewering Petrino. Unlike Cowherd, Kornheiser does engage in discussion and does have some meaningful ideas. But, his show didn't sell because it wasn't stylish enough. So, Cowherd took his place.

And with that move, ESPN Radio's collective IQ dropped considerably.

Tigerhog14s

Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on December 12, 2007, 02:27:44 pm
Fixed that for ya.
Thanks, I may have underestimated alitte. He's still a cry baby.

jeffw.e2

hoggeek

He's saying he's got 300 emails from "Nick Saban", ala " 'Dear Bobby: Leave 3 games before the end of the season? Why didn't I think of that...' "

cj_sez

Jim Rome is the Rosie of sports commentators.

jesterzzn

Quote from: hoggeek on December 12, 2007, 02:31:55 pm
He's saying he's got 300 emails from "Nick Saban", ala " 'Dear Bobby: Leave 3 games before the end of the season? Why didn't I think of that...' "
Funny.

dsewell70

Quote from: skeeb on December 12, 2007, 02:25:50 pm
What if he leaves for USC or say Florida or Ohio st. Does he get ripped then? I don't think so. Espn is ripping him in part for going to Arkansas. Were seen as unworthy.

yeah he does... No matter where he would have ended up at, leaving with about a quarter of the season left to go anywhere would have received the same reaction... particularly if he had made a statement at any point saying  he wasn't seeking a job anywhere else, which he did

rzrbaxfan

SC-RAZOR

Rome is right up there with Steven A. Smith and Kornholer. Screw em'.

idiotghos

National Media blabbermouths - new Darksiders

havok

Well if it is between having a winning program, and a Popularity Contest with the National Media....

Let me have Winning Program for $1,000 Alex!!!!!

jesterzzn

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on December 12, 2007, 02:33:53 pm
Where is Jim "Chris" Everett when you need him?
Also funny.  SEND IN THE ANTI-ROME!

axedawg

Frank Jim Rome!!  He got his lilywhite ass pwnt by 'chris' everett!  He's an all-talk weakass mayo-gargler!!   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57W05-oopNA

S.P.A.M. Hog

Saw Blanks comments on ESPNNews...I would not call what he said a "rip". He is more interested in being outside the fray than in it. He stated that he did not have control and it was up to the Football guys to make it better. I have a feeling that BP stepped into a ship that had duct tape on  the sails and bubble gum pushed into the holes in the hull. It was just a matter of time before it went down.
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

drivetimeporks

Jim Rome was left coast homo  to start with..... besides ... who in there right mind wouldnt think ARK isa better gig..?

bigarrazorback

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww the poor baby do we need to give him a hug?

Head Dahn Hog

No excuses!  Play like a champion today!

jeffw.e2

dsewell70

Quote from: dhornjr1 on December 12, 2007, 02:30:45 pm
Therein lies the problem with me. I choose to not listen to programs that are all style and no substance. Programs that are only concerned with ratings and not concerned with engaging in meaningful discussion. Unfortunately, style over substance is what many choose to sell these days.

Fortunately, there are a few local shows where I live that manage to engage in lively and honest discussion about sports and maintain high ratings. And, even more fortunately, one of them runs opposite Colin Cowherd.

People on here are bashing Tony Kornheiser because he is skewering Petrino. Unlike Cowherd, Kornheiser does engage in discussion and does have some meaningful ideas. But, his show didn't sell because it wasn't stylish enough. So, Cowherd took his place.

And with that move, ESPN Radio's collective IQ dropped considerably.

I agree with you. That's why I liked Dan Patrick's show so much. He could be funny, be he was also sensible. He'd actually use common sense quite often while others around him on his show were going off wildly.

BamaKing

And you guys wanted Nutt gone because of integrity and class, right?........Ironic. As a Falcons fan, I am glad BP is gone but do not appreciate the way in which he left. He never tried to gain the trust of a team that was going through an unprecedented situation and refused to communicte his vision for the franchise. Arhtur Blank is one of the most supportive and classy owners in the NFL, and BP betrayed his trust. Before bringing Saban into the discussion, please review Wayne Huizenga's comments after Saban left Miami, and compare them with those of Blank regarding Petrino.

HogK

Listen man, I'm not trying to flame you for posting this.  But we've been sitting here posting 10 threads on every national media talking head all day, and it's going to go on for long into the night, and maybe for a couple of days more.  It's the nature of the media beast--they parrot each other, each trying to "give their take" in their own clever little way, and whammo, bammo, you got yourself a sports radio talk show!  Give it a couple of days, and the radio jocks will move on to something else.  Really, no need to be hyper-sensitive about this.  And BTW, there's no such thing as bad publicity as far as recruiting goes--ask Pete Carroll, Nick Sabin, etc. 

jeffw.e2

Quote from: S.P.A.M. Hog on December 12, 2007, 02:35:18 pm
Saw Blanks comments on ESPNNews...I would not call what he said a "rip". He is more interested in being outside the fray than in it. He stated that he did not have control and it was up to the Football guys to make it better. I have a feeling that BP stepped into a ship that had duct tape on  the sails and bubble gum pushed into the holes in the hull. It was just a matter of time before it went down.
In the live interview now on NFL network ou can tell he is really upset