Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I know something. . .

Started by Feralhog, December 11, 2007, 04:55:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbacker53

Quote from: lovethosehogs on December 11, 2007, 05:03:32 pm
i would rather have nutt than muschump
I'd rather have Raggie than Nutt...and I sure don't want Reggie.

wildturkey8

Muschamp is the man.   :razorback:

memphishog

not sure what to say to this...we have an ole miss fan on the board.

2ndsyndicate

corpitguy

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 11, 2007, 05:12:36 pm
Let me make this point again about Will Muschamp.

He left Valdosta State to become a position coach for Nick Saban at LSU. After one season Saban promoted Muschamp to defensive coordinator. LSU won the National Championship that year.

You think a man like Nick Saban, who has the money and contacts to hire damn near any DC he wants, just gave a coordinator's job to a 32-year old coach with one year of SEC experience out of the goodness of his heart?

Bring on BOOM!!! Strong would be better to me than Groober and Bowden and much better than Herring..IMO if they mess up on Muschamp then bring on Strong..Every coach broght up on here is and will be 100 times better than Nutt!!!!

taintlint

Quote from: taintlint on December 11, 2007, 05:07:29 pm
You will be hard pressed to find someone less qualified. Don't get me wrong, he seems to be a great coach based on the opinions of those who know X's and O's far better than I. But lets not get so lost in wanting a coach that we brand all interested coaches as qualified.

13 years ago WM was living in a dorm, carrying a back pack, and playing Safety at UG. To the best of my very limited knowledge he has never coached a down of offense or ran a football program from top to bottom at ANY level. I'm not a Gus apologist or promoter but if we can't hire Malzahn, a gentleman in his 40's that ran dynamic football departments from top to bottom at Arkansas premier High Schools, and has since become a Rivals NCAA coordinator of the Year, well, WM shouldn't even be in the equation.

He may very well be the next JoePa or Bear but keep in mind this is a hire based on a fiery attitude and potential. He is a far far far far far cry from what would normally be acceptable. Example being.....He does not have half the resume of Charlie Strong and far less experience than our other candidates.

With that said, whatever. Just get it over with.

A shameless bump and plug of my opinion.

TNSOOIE

Muschamps has shown that he can excel at any positiopn he takes, her has done well at Auburn and also did well under Saban his lack of offensive theory is a concern, but he has shown he can recruit and motivate and also if he brings a good OC with him then that should be covered anyway...BOOM!

ksrazorback

Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

hawgapalooza

Quote from: HillbillyRazorback on December 11, 2007, 05:16:15 pm
Just heard that he has an interview on the ua campus on wednesday. sounds like he wants the job and has been working on a staff if hired. on an earlier thread there was a plane that went to atlanta from drake field. sounds like they went to pick him up. please give him the job. why else would they have picked him up and brought him to fayetteville if not to offer him the job?

great news!

Doomon

Great hire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TNSOOIE

plane from atlanta could that mean BP is still in the picture?

taintlint

Can we not say "Boom"?

Not only is it gay and cliche, he only said it once.

I have a feeling the same crowd that wears jerseys are going to add a tremendous gay factor to our coach with "Boom".

Flatline

There are several points that I like. 

1) Young and has something to prove.  The young part is also good with recruiting. 
2)  He is the type that will work 16 hours a day. 
3)  He has got fire.  We need someone that will come in here and get people fired up. 

RhodeHog

That's about like saying I'd rather have melanoma than a sun burn.  Ridiculous.

The real Hogules

Then you either have an unnatural hatred of Muschamp, or you are a Nutt Hugger from waaaaaay back, because Will Muschamp is a better DC than Reggie Herring and any fool would make a better OC than HDN!

That's a fact, Jack!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

2ndsyndicate

Quote from: TNSOOIE on December 11, 2007, 05:16:56 pm
Muschamps has shown that he can excel at any positiopn he takes, her has done well at Auburn and also did well under Saban his lack of offensive theory is a concern, but he has shown he can recruit and motivate and also if he brings a good OC with him then that should be covered anyway...BOOM!

relax....slow down...

jspang727

Valdosta man handled UCA in the playoffs when Muschamp was coach.  He knows how to win and they were very very balanced.  He has also been to the NFL..more than hooty can say

primetime21

Quote from: WilsonHog on December 11, 2007, 05:12:36 pm
Let me make this point again about Will Muschamp.

He left Valdosta State to become a position coach for Nick Saban at LSU. After two seasons Saban promoted Muschamp to defensive coordinator. LSU won the National Championship that year and led the nation in scoring defense.

You think a man like Nick Saban, who has the money and contacts to hire damn near any DC he wants, just gave a coordinator's job to a 32-year old coach with one year of SEC experience out of the goodness of his heart?

To play devil's advocate, just because you are a good coordinator doesn't make you a good coach.  Norv Turner, Norm Chow, etc.  I am not against Muschamp at all because Kermit the frog would be an improvement over Nutt, but I am taking a wait and see approach.

memphishog

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 11, 2007, 05:20:49 pm
Then you either have an unnatural hatred of Muschamp, or you are a Nutt Hugger from waaaaaay back, because Will Muschamp is a better DC than Reggie Herring and any fool would make a better OC than HDN!

That's a fact, Jack!

and last time i checked, muschamp is sporting a NC ring, not a western division ring....what do you say about that....chirp, chirp

txrzrbk

Quote from: Texman on December 11, 2007, 05:04:55 pm
You know... it really isn't going to be that difficult to hire anyone "less" qualified than Gus.
Texman, I am going to file that one away and bring it out on you sometime in the future.

txcindylou

Rhodehog +1...not only are you correct, you spelled ridiculous correctly which seems to be a challenge here at times! 

jgcat4

Quote from: primetime21 on December 11, 2007, 05:22:34 pm
To play devil's advocate, just because you are a good coordinator doesn't make you a good coach.  Norv Turner, Norm Chow, etc.  I am not against Muschamp at all because Kermit the frog would be an improvement over Nutt, but I am taking a wait and see approach.
I heard there was a plane on its way to muppetland, and that kermit has an interview thursday!!!
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

WilsonHog

Quote from: hawgapalooza on December 11, 2007, 05:17:45 pm
great news!

I wouldn't jump just yet on that plane picking up Muschamp.

Hogz17

You people are so desperate now you will jump over anything.  Seriously, three months ago if people said we are going to hire Muschamp, it would have been great disapointment.  Now you guys want to appoint him as the next great thing.  It is laughable to compare him to Bob Stoops.  Please give it a rest people.  This guy is a bozo.

J.A.Y.

Quote from: Feralhog on December 11, 2007, 04:55:04 pm
I know for 100% fact that as of 3:30 pm on Dec, 11th, 2007, Will Muschamp wants to coach  the Arkansas Razorbacks.  If we hire someone who's less qualified, there needs to be hell to pay.

Would 3:30 be what time his plane left to do his final interview and contract signing in Fayetteville?
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

scarohr

Sometimes you feel like a nutt, I sure don't.  Hire the Champ.

memphishog

Quote from: Hogz17 on December 11, 2007, 05:24:31 pm
You people are so desperate now you will jump over anything.  Seriously, three months ago if people said we are going to hire Muschamp, it would have been great disapointment.  Now you guys want to appoint him as the next great thing.  It is laughable to compare him to Bob Stoops.  Please give it a rest people.  This guy is a bozo.

what if he is...he seems to be a bozo who wants to wear razorback red. anyone? anyone?

RhodeHog

Quote from: primetime21 on December 11, 2007, 05:22:34 pm

I completely agree.  Out of the Coordinators available, Muschamp is one of the best.  But not everyone can be a head coach, some people don't have what it takes.  With that being said, I like Muschamp and want them to give him a chance.

I12PLAY

that mf er is our only option then lets get the mfer

TNSOOIE

Quote from: I12PLAY on December 11, 2007, 05:26:34 pm
that mf er is our only option then lets get the mfer
not the only option but possibly the best

I12PLAY

but wouldn't gus be a better mfer than muschamp hell even tubby is trying to hire him

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Hogz17 on December 11, 2007, 05:24:31 pm

No I think we would have been happy 3 months ago to know that Nutt would be gone!!

jgcat4

TT'S NOT HIRING Gus.  He got Franklin from Troy.

Hogz17

I am not upset that Nutt is gone.  I am upset because this is the  best we can get.  We hired Jeff Long several months ago.  Everyone with a brain cell knew Houston would be gone at the end of the year.  Yet, Jeff Long, the man with nothing better to do than pick a coach, has it narrowed down to Muschamp or Venables.  That is why I am upset.  I don't know who to get as a coach, but I would think we could hire someone with a little bit of credibility.  And I'm sorry Muschamp isn't it.

memphishog

Quote from: Hogz17 on December 11, 2007, 05:30:19 pm
I am not upset that Nutt is gone.  I am upset because this is the  best we can get.  We hired Jeff Long several months ago.  Everyone with a brain cell knew Houston would be gone at the end of the year.  Yet, Jeff Long, the man with nothing better to do than pick a coach, has it narrowed down to Muschamp or Venables.  That is why I am upset.  I don't know who to get as a coach, but I would think we could hire someone with a little bit of credibility.  And I'm sorry Muschamp isn't it.

so enlighten us...who is it?

jgcat4

Hogz17

Enlighten yourself and read my post "I don't know who to get as a coach".  I am simply illustrating that this hiring process has been a cluster. 

memphishog

Quote from: Hogz17 on December 11, 2007, 05:32:27 pm
Enlighten yourself and read my post "I don't know who to get as a coach".  I am simply illustrating that this hiring process has been a cluster. 

thanks, captain obvious

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

HoginHouston

Quote from: Hogz17 on December 11, 2007, 05:30:19 pm

Of course, you are not upset Nutt is gone, Diana. You wanted out so we would stop persecuting you, right? I know you are familiar with banging 2 by 4s so you can understand me when I say: BOOM! Go Muschamp.
Go Hogs Go.

Hogz17

No need to pick on me.  I think about 95% of the posts on here are obvious assertions.

gersh

Quote from: jgcat4 on December 11, 2007, 05:24:20 pm
I heard there was a plane on its way to muppetland, and that kermit has an interview thursday!!!

I only support that if he brings in Gonzo as OC, Fozzie as DC, and Beaker as the special teams coach

primetime21

Quote from: gersh on December 11, 2007, 05:35:22 pm
I only support that if he brings in Gonzo as OC, Fozzie as DC, and Beaker as the special teams coach

You have to throw in Oscar.  The dude is tough, he lives in a trashcan.

memphishog

Quote from: primetime21 on December 11, 2007, 05:36:06 pm
You have to throw in Oscar.  The dude is tough, he lives in a trashcan.

BOOM! that mfer eats trash!

seb2000

Quote from: lovethosehogs on December 11, 2007, 05:00:48 pm
it will be hard to hire some one worse than muschump.  Can you say overated!

Skip Holtz...that would be worse.  Bobby Petrino or Will Muschamp...make a choice and let's get going!  Skip Holtz as HC...?  We'd be better off hiring Cuba Gooding Jr. as "Radio" for HC!

Tommy2Hog

RS on DTS just stated that Arkansas is still wanting to hire a current head coach and that the search could possibly last another week

Hogginitall

Quote from: I12PLAY on December 11, 2007, 05:28:06 pm
but wouldn't gus be a better mfer than muschamp hell even tubby is trying to hire him

Is that right?  He hired Tony Franklin from Troy today to be his OC.  I guess Malzahn turned him down.

EnemyOfMojo

Quote from: Tommy2Hog on December 11, 2007, 05:37:49 pm
RS on DTS just stated that Arkansas is still wanting to hire a current head coach and that the search could possibly last another week

Man I hope that's not true.

HoginHouston

Go Hogs Go.