Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I know something. . .

Started by Feralhog, December 11, 2007, 04:55:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Feralhog

I know for 100% fact that as of 3:30 pm on Dec, 11th, 2007, Will Muschamp wants to coach  the Arkansas Razorbacks.  If we hire someone who's less qualified, there needs to be hell to pay.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

razorhog3

HoginHouston

And there will be hell to pay. To be clear: Holtz is a lesser candidate.
Go Hogs Go.

hogfan446

hawgfan_18

something about will muschamp just seems right, like he IS the answer to our problems and i fully support the move to hire him.  and i'll be crossing my fingers in the hope that we actually do entend to him an offer to coach our beloved razorbacks!!!

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

primetime21

Razorbacker53

Quote from: Feralhog on December 11, 2007, 04:55:04 pm
I know for 100% fact that as of 3:30 pm on Dec, 11th, 2007, Will Muschamp wants to coach  the Arkansas Razorbacks.  If we hire someone who's less qualified, there needs to be hell to pay.
I've only heard of one other person who wants to coach the Hogs...Reggie. Not a very hard choice for me.

nolt

He said something along the lines of "I want to coach those motherf'ers!!"

/cue the samuel jackson jokes

william.lane123

According to another board WM heard what was on the radio and wanted people to know he is interested in the Arkansas Razorbacks, and wants to be the new coach! FWIW

primetime21

Quote from: nolt on December 11, 2007, 04:58:19 pm

I can't stop yelling, that's how I talk!

big john

Memphis radio say Muschamp to Arkansas
john goodwin

davis01

I know something too. 
I know for 100% fact that as of 3:57 pm on Dec, 11th, 2007, Gus Malzahn wants to coach  the Arkansas Razorbacks.  If we hire someone who's less qualified, someone needs to pay.

wooDEMhogs

Muschamp does want the job. Hopefully he will get it.

riverman1970

he sounds like the right choice that what we need

jwhite_13

As of 3:30 hey, is that not when the plane left from Atlanta to Drake? Purely speculation on my part but hey. Could we have a presser tonight?

gohogsgo006

thumbs up with anyone who WANTS the job..pre-contract
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

thewholehog

Hawg_Heaven

I am tired of all the Mother#$%^$ snakes on this Mother@#$@$% plane!

lovethosehogs

it will be hard to hire some one worse than muschump.  Can you say overated!

HoginHouston

all that's left is the presser announcement...
Go Hogs Go.

MissPiggy2

Well, THIS has happened before!  We'll see........

MF

Aside from Gus, Muschamp is the least qualified of anyone who has been mentioned.  Everyone else has 20+ years experience at various levels. 
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

irishman

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on December 11, 2007, 04:57:33 pm
something about will muschamp just seems right, like he IS the answer to our problems and i fully support the move to hire him.  and i'll be crossing my fingers in the hope that we actually do entend to him an offer to coach our beloved razorbacks!!!

I feel the exact same way. Not really any reason to favor him over some others, read:venables, but I just like the hire. In my gut it just feels like he is the one

joebut18

Quote from: davis01 on December 11, 2007, 04:59:34 pm
I know something too. 
I know for 100% fact that as of 3:57 pm on Dec, 11th, 2007, Gus Malzahn wants to coach  the Arkansas Razorbacks.  If we hire someone who's less qualified, someone needs to pay.

Who cares....he isn't an option.

BrooklynRoss

Hahaha, yeah and when asked to elaborate, he continued, "BOOM! I want every motherf***er in Arkansas to know I want to be their motherf***ing coach!" Actually, he's a pretty well-spoken guy when he's not trying to stop the other team's offense.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Cure

Let's see how quickly White works this time.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

OKhogfan1959

Could Jimmy Sexton be the hold up? Or am I way off?

Jim

It's now 4:03p...has the situation changed?  ;)

irishman

Quote from: lovethosehogs on December 11, 2007, 05:00:48 pm

Based on?

lovethosehogs

i agree mf. they are happy because he swears in the locker room.  this will be a horrible hire. 

memphishog

I am not his biggest fan, but we could without a doubt do worse...can you say tommy bowden?

OKhogfan1959

All I got to say is bring the motherf%^%er on!!!

Hawg_Heaven

This is the same guy that coached defense at LSU a few years ago and has been coaching defense at Auburn right? I don't believe he is overated.

lovethosehogs

i would rather have nutt than muschump

Hogdomer

I know something too. 

Are you trying to say Muschamp is less qualified than Gus?

L.A.

Quote from: wooDEMhogs on December 11, 2007, 04:59:40 pm
Muschamp does want the job. Hopefully he will get it.

wooDEM, what would be an excuse not to hire him? lack of H.C. experience??

Texman

I know something too. 

You know... it really isn't going to be that difficult to hire anyone "less" qualified than Gus.

Razorback Homer

Quote from: MF on December 11, 2007, 05:01:13 pm
Aside from Gus, Muschamp is the least qualified of anyone who has been mentioned.  Everyone else has 20+ years experience at various levels. 

Kiffin has 20+ years experience?  Impressive!
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

zorbacks06

But will WM pledge his undying loyality to JW, JFB, JL, and the rest of the goons who want a puppet for a coach. He doesn't seem the type.

memphishog

2 SEC programs who year in year out are ranked in the top 25, and the NFL. you are right no experience at all. We should have hired a HC from the ACC.

Gas Can

It's not how long you've been coaching but where you've coached that matters.

Adam Stokes

I know something too. 

Is there anyone less qualified? ;)

ssffl

well, you are wrong. according to my clock, it is 4:06 :-)

taintlint

December 11, 2007, 05:07:29 pm #46 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 05:15:15 pm by taintlint
If we hire someone who's less qualified, there needs to be hell to pay.

You will be hard pressed to find someone less qualified. Don't get me wrong, he seems to be a great coach based on the opinions of those who know X's and O's far better than I. But lets not get so lost in wanting a coach that we brand all interested coaches as qualified.

13 years ago WM was living in a dorm, carrying a back pack, and playing Safety at UG. To the best of my very limited knowledge he has never coached a down of offense or ran a football program from top to bottom at ANY level. I'm not a Gus apologist or promoter but if we can't hire Malzahn, a gentleman in his 40's that ran dynamic football departments from top to bottom at Arkansas premier High Schools, and has since become a Rivals NCAA coordinator of the Year, well, WM shouldn't even be in the equation.

He may very well be the next JoePa or Bear but keep in mind this is a hire based on a fiery attitude and potential. He is a far far far far far cry from what would normally be acceptable. Example being.....He does not have half the resume of Charlie Strong and far less experience than our other candidates.

With that said, whatever. Just get it over with.

JoeJuice

Man Kiffin Has 20+ years of experience. That means he started coaching when he was 12. That is impressive

David†

Quote from: lovethosehogs on December 11, 2007, 05:03:32 pm
i would rather have nutt than muschump
you need to go hook up w/ Tommy2Hogs and have a Nutt lovefest and get out of this blog

WilsonHog

December 11, 2007, 05:12:36 pm #49 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 05:16:39 pm by WilsonHog
Let me make this point again about Will Muschamp.

He left Valdosta State to become a position coach for Nick Saban at LSU. After two seasons Saban promoted Muschamp to defensive coordinator. LSU won the National Championship that year and led the nation in scoring defense.

You think a man like Nick Saban, who has the money and contacts to hire damn near any DC he wants, just gave a coordinator's job to a 32-year old coach with one year of SEC experience out of the goodness of his heart?