Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt talking to Curtis

Started by bigchad, December 11, 2007, 02:10:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigchad

I read earlier that nutt had contacted curtis asking him to consider Old Piss

ark8302

jc20

Guess we will be finding out what kind of class and commitment these kids had to the UofA

Deuce Pigelow

You knew he would. I am quite sure Curtis aint the first or last.

PorkSoda

Quote from: dirtman on December 11, 2007, 04:38:44 pm
Nutt is good at evaluating prospects he will only take the good ones.
Just like he is good at developing QB's right?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hawgwash

Didn't I read that there is an "unwritten rule" that a coach who leaves doesn't recruit from the verbal commitments at the school he just left?  Not that I guess I'd really expect HDN to follow that.

VenturaHog

Nutt is a scumbag. I fully expect this to be true. He's dead to me.

ArKan5a5 KiD

I think Curtis will be coming to Arkansas expecially with Petrino coming to town!

CDOGHOG

NUTT DOESN'T EXIST IN MY WORLD ANYMORE

Spider-Pig

I dont think we have to worry about Curtis leaving now.

The_Iceman

Quote from: BOOM on December 11, 2007, 08:02:50 pm
I dont think we have to worry about Curtis leaving now.

or nutt taking any good recruit away from us.

YAZ

Suck it Houston!!!! Bobby won't let our recruits get away!

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 11, 2007, 03:02:51 pm
You shouldn't need a link.  It's a no-brainer that Nutt will be recruiting all Arkansas commits HARD.

why?  he never contacted them when he was the arkansas coach.  how many times did we read articles about recruits who didn't know the coach's name who was recruiting them?  or had gone weeks or months without hearing from anyone on the staff?

keep up the good work hootie... we'll take all of mississippi's talent off of your hands since you don't like to talk to recruits
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

aloha_kid

Quote from: bigchad on December 11, 2007, 02:10:45 pm

How is HDN gonna sell Ole Piss:

HDN: Look fella's I was lying about Arkansas, it sucks!  Why do you think I took a job in a toilet like Ole Piss.  Thats where it's at brotha, Ole Piss.  You gotta have heart here in Ole Piss.

aloha_kid

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 11, 2007, 09:36:33 pm
Easy, guys. Nutt is gone. The nightmare is over. Let's move on.

I think with Nutt leaving, granted for the betterment of the program, may have just re-ignited the age old Arkansas Vs Ole Piss rivalry.  What do you wanna bet that game is marked on HDN calendar as well as every Razorback fan.

razorbackmkh

Curtis is a lock. He will be a hog.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

bcshog

Why would any recruit want to play for Nutt over Petrino.  This guy likes to run and throw.  He will keep all players happy.

WADHOG

Quote from: bcshog on December 12, 2007, 01:11:30 am
Why would any recruit want to play for Nutt over Petrino.  This guy likes to run and throw.  He will keep all players happy.
Exactly.  It's a no brainer on the offensive side of the ball.  I'm ready to see who the D coordinator will be.  I think that will be the one that really puts us over the top.  To know offense, you must know defense, this was just the hire we needed.  I think Nutt really does love Arkansas, but this guy is all business, and that is fine with me.  I don't want his emotions to get in the way of his good coaching, and I don't think we have to worry about that with Petrino.

cbjagman

Quote from: bigchad on December 11, 2007, 02:10:45 pm
Well unless I'm totally "off base" that's all ole Nutty will be doing with Curtis-talking.

spudhog

is it an unwritten rule for coaches to not re-recruit players they have recruited to another school? not standing on either side of it but just wanted to get a grasp on this.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: YAZ on December 11, 2007, 08:12:57 pm
Suck it Houston!!!! Bobby won't let our recruits get away!

LOL are you 4 yrs old?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hawgballz

Quote from: spudhog on December 12, 2007, 01:24:05 pm
is it an unwritten rule for coaches to not re-recruit players they have recruited to another school? not standing on either side of it but just wanted to get a grasp on this.

No, it is done every time by every coach that leaves 1 school for another.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Nutts and Bolts

Who is this Nutt fellow you speak of??????
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

grayhawg

Why not never say the name of the previous head coach just refer to him as the coach that got fired. Even better not even refer to him at all.

notreseveredname

Youngblood is coming here and I believe he will have a lot of pull

cmiller01

From what i've read HDN has actively been trying to recruit Youngblood.

notreseveredname

Quote from: cmiller01 on December 12, 2007, 03:46:47 pm
From what i've read HDN has actively been trying to recruit Youngblood.

he better start actively recruiting the players the past ole miss staff were recruiting and stop wasting time on Youngblood. He was coming before we even named a new HC.

arkahuna

Maybe Coach Petrino can solidify Curtis (et al) commitment and then go after some of Ole Miss 4 star committments. It would be a justified action IMO if Nutt is truely contacting Arkansas commitments.

prairiehogcompanion

I'm no longer worried AT ALL about Houston Nutt's posing a serious threat to Arkansas recruits.

invisiblehand

i read on another thread that when nutt asked curtis to visit ole miss, curtis said "i'll think about it." ha ha. 

HighonSwine

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 12, 2007, 05:25:53 pm
I'm no longer worried AT ALL about Houston Nutt's posing a serious threat to Arkansas recruits.

Why were you before?  Could you not tell that the kids that did play here wanted to be here no matter who the coach was and the kids that left (other than Ziemba & Helms, whose parents went to Auburn & LSU respectively) all left because of Nutt being here (Burns, Green, Adams this year but he will be a hog now IMO, all the Warren kids who have left wanted to catch passes).  There may have been a couple who left just to leave this state (Greg Jones had always followed TN) but for the most part kids either played at AR because they were pure blood hog born and raised or left state because of Nuttball.

andyb4president

To say that NO players were here because they liked the coach or on the flipside only left because they disliked him, is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Quit being so jaded. You people act like this guy was the worst coach/human being who ever lived. Get a life and be objective.

JShipCPA

If Nutt and Petrino both want Mr. Curtis, who do you think prevails???

No brainer, guys!!!

RedSoxFan

RDR24BER0

These guys have had one goal since birth and that is to become Razorbacks.

tophawg19

don't worry all of ours are locks. nutt only recruited players who loved the helmet.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

disGUSted

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 11, 2007, 09:36:33 pm
Easy, guys. Nutt is gone. The nightmare is over. Let's move on.
[/quote
Amen! We are above that. Go Hogs!!! :razorback:

DmacFan

Rivals has Nutt talking to Curtis and wanted him to take a visit to Ole Miss.  Also has he offered a scholarship to Youngblood.  Curtis said he would think about it but really was not interested in any other schools but Arkansas.  Youngblood said he is a true Razorbacks that bleeds red and would not be going anywhere but Arkansas.  This was all a day or so prior to Petrino.

jackflash

DON'T THINK HE CAN HURTS US IN STATE.  MAY CAUSE SOME TROUBLE WITH OUTSATE IN GA AND TN

The_Bionic_Pig

Coach Nutt & Chris Vaughn are getting a very late start on recruiting and will concentrate on holding current verbals and hitting the JUCO ranks.  This year they will not pose any threat to what we currently have....now at the end of next season this may be a different story.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Tomhog™

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 12, 2007, 08:16:40 pm
don't worry all of ours are locks. nutt only recruited players who loved the helmet.

I still hear Josh Tatum is bound for Ole Miss.  But he still remains committed to the Razorbacks for now.

ark8302

If Nutt gets any of these guys, I am confident he will ruin their potential just like he has for many a Hog.  Take note recruits - Nutt is not your best option - plus he is a iar.