Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WJOX Radio (Birmingham, AL) says "Creditable Source" reports...

Started by HOG RED UMP, December 11, 2007, 12:37:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

aar0n

It has fizzled out and turned the other way.  Call the station and talk to them about it.  Their "source" wasn't too "creditable."  Just some fan wanting to make waves turned into word of mouth.  Muschamp is still on!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ARGal on December 11, 2007, 02:08:04 pm
Riiiiiiiight.....

I'll tell ya what, if you think we can't, then you are part fo the group that has lower aspirations than I think Arkansas deserves. We have to quit thinking, "this is the best we can do, this is the best we deserve". That is how we wound up with Nutt. Want another Nutt? I don't.
Go Hogs Go!

rihog

Our biggest strength is that we don't have any weaknesses;
Our biggest weakness is that we don't have any strengths. -J. Frank Broyles

pedrothelion

Quote from: LAHOGG on December 11, 2007, 02:09:55 pm
I'm with ya.  If this is true then the UA thinks we can do better also.  It also means we are very close to a hire.  I don't think they would rule him out if we weren't close.
If we hire Bobby Petrino that would be better.  If we hire Skip Holtz...not so.

LR Hog

Like a boss.

RazorChick

Wild Bill Hog

LAHOGG

Quote from: pedrothelion on December 11, 2007, 02:13:20 pm
If we hire Bobby Petrino that would be better.  If we hire Skip Holtz...not so.

Bobby P plus a dozen others.  And your right if we hire Skip that would be worse.

aar0n

MUSCHAMP IS "BACK ON" if you want to put it like that.  He was never really off considering the station is saying it was just a rumor that started to work its way around the area, and got hung up with some people who are actually "creditable" sources.  Gotta love Arkansans falling for everything the media says.  But what can I say, I am one.

ArrowsATC

Quote from: RazorChick on December 11, 2007, 02:17:21 pm
A source you'd be willing to loan money to?

One you would wager ALL of your money on. Real sources, like the ones we hope real journalists use can cost them their job if they are wrong.

LR Hog

Finebaum just said that there are reports that Muschamp is not the guy.  They did mention Otis' article on Rivals stating the contrary.  He then said that if Muschamp is hired he would be a huge reach from where Arkansas started with their higher profile candidates.  He said that Muschamp would be a risky hire because his isn't a proven coach.
Like a boss.

LR Hog

Like a boss.

RazorChick

Quote from: ArrowsATC on December 11, 2007, 02:21:08 pm
One you would wager ALL of your money on. Real sources, like the ones we hope real journalists use can cost them their job if they are wrong.

I get it...someone you could "take it to the bank" with?

hawgapalooza

Quote from: LR Hog on December 11, 2007, 02:21:36 pm
Finebaum just said that there are reports that Muschamp is not the guy.  They did mention Otis' article on Rivals stating the contrary.  He then said that if Muschamp is hired he would be a huge reach from where Arkansas started with their higher profile candidates.  He said that Muschamp would be a risky hire because his isn't a proven coach.

so basically he said said nothing new

RT1941

Quote from: ColonelNutt on December 11, 2007, 01:20:33 pm
Not many intellectual giants on this board, that's for sure. 

Belittle anyway you wish.  My question may have been worded differently for clarification purposes.  Did UA offer someone else the HC job besides Muschamp?  And, how the hell has Muschamp already found out about it? 
RazorTusk!!!!

pedrothelion

Quote from: LAHOGG on December 11, 2007, 02:19:22 pm
Bobby P plus a dozen others.  And your right if we hire Skip that would be worse.
What others?. Most of the other good HC candidates already have jobs and don't want to leave them.  At least give examples.  And don't say Rick Neuhesil.  I have nuts in my poop who could coach better then that guy.

aar0n

PLAYBOAR

Quote from: alnaar0n on December 11, 2007, 02:27:10 pm
Dear god, am I being ignored?

I'm here.  Did you actually call them?  Sounds like the initial info was merely rumor based.  Correct?
Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: Tommy2Hog on December 11, 2007, 02:04:43 pm
I would rather have ole Danny boy than Muschump

Quote from: razordan on December 11, 2007, 02:06:38 pm
What? Are your freaking kidding me? For real, are you serious?

The answer to your question...is NO.  Tommy2Hog is a troll.  Plain and simple. 

The IGNORE button was made for people like this.

irishman

RazorChick

Quote from: alnaar0n on December 11, 2007, 02:19:32 pm
MUSCHAMP IS "BACK ON" if you want to put it like that.  He was never really off considering the station is saying it was just a rumor that started to work its way around the area, and got hung up with some people who are actually "creditable" sources.  Gotta love Arkansans falling for everything the media says.  But what can I say, I am one.
So, are you saying he's still on the table?

abq

Keep in mind that this rumor started on Odus's board and was then posted here by one of their posters.

aar0n

YES!!! finally everyone sees it.  I called and they said the above.

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: LR Hog on December 11, 2007, 02:14:57 pm
What is a "creditable" source??? ???

Many people in this thread keep saying things about 'creditable' not being a word, and I'm afraid the vocab nerd that I am compels me to point out that it is in fact a word.   To quote our good old buddy Merriam Webster:
creditable

Function:
    adjective

Date:

1 : worthy of belief <a creditable report>
2 : sufficiently good to bring esteem or praise <a creditable performance>
3 : worthy of commercial credit
4 : capable of being assigned

Ironically enough, while it is definitely a word that can be used in this context, the use of the word creditable instead of the word credible would imply that they were at liberty to name their source, which it would appear they are not. 

LR Hog

Like a boss.

hawgapalooza

Quote from: Call Mr. Sow on December 11, 2007, 02:37:58 pm
Many people in this thread keep saying things about 'creditable' not being a word, and I'm afraid the vocab nerd that I am compels me to point out that it is in fact a word.   To quote our good old buddy Merriam Webster:
Ironically enough, while it is definitely a word that can be used in this context, the use of the word creditable instead of the word credible would imply that they were at liberty to name their source, which it would appear they are not. 

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Letitbleed

OK so, Muschamp wasn't offered the job right?  This is too dysfunctional to even be humerous.

hawgapalooza

Quote from: Letitbleed on December 11, 2007, 02:39:27 pm
OK so, Muschamp wasn't offered the job right?  This is too dysfunctional to even be humerous.

nobody knows that

aar0n

Yes, I knew creditable was an actual word.  Its just funny because he meant credible, and that word appears in probably % 99.9 of posts on this site.  It just caught me off guard.

aar0n

Quote from: Letitbleed on December 11, 2007, 02:39:27 pm
Keep up with the times man, we moved on from that

CowHog

abq

Unbelievable. a Six page thread in MMQB because some tard on Odus's board claims he heard a radio guy claim he received a text message from someone who claims to be close to Muschamp who claims he is disappointed because we claim we are hiring Skip Holtz.

Someone is having a crapload of fun with you guys.

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: abq on December 11, 2007, 02:45:29 pm
Unbelievable. a Six page thread in MMQB because some tard on Odus's board claims he heard a radio guy claim he received a text message from someone who claims to be close to Muschamp who claims he is disappointed because we claim we are hiring Skip Holtz.

Someone is having a crapload of fun with you guys.

Thankfully, a voice of reason... I hope you're right and this has been much ado about nothing.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

aar0n

Since I haven't posted anything dispelling it or anything...

LJHOG

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on December 11, 2007, 12:51:52 pm
If we hire Skip over Muschamp, it'll get ugly in a hurry...
why?  i mean regardless of who the hire is, it is gonna get ugly.

qhhog

Quote from: LJHOG on December 11, 2007, 02:56:16 pm
why?  i mean regardless of who the hire is, it is gonna get ugly.
Gonna get?  How about has been and will continue to be?
If you always think what you've always thought, you'll always say what you've always said.  If you always say what you always said you'll always do what you've always done.  If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. Time for a change.  Change=BP WPS GHG

razorbass

Guys were becoming a laughing stock, we have to calm down.

Wrigley_crush

"You should probably take just about everything i say to you as an insult!"

aar0n

MODs, can this be moved to rumors or trash bin? It's just confusing people at this point.

guesstimator

Quote from: Wrigley_crush on December 11, 2007, 03:29:57 pm
don't worry, a week from now we'll be long forgotten.

I hope not.  I hope everyone in the SEC is worried at what the Razorbacks are going to do next year with our new hire.
Quote from: 12247 on December 05, 2007, 04:56:05 pm
If Conque can coach , he can coach.  So he wears his cap backwards.  Nutt run the entire program backwards and he made it 10 years.

Feralhog

I just found out from someone close to the situation, the story about Muschamp pulling out is TOTAL BS
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

hirebutchdavis

its time to make a move if we don't hire muschamp and the hit list starts at the top and his name is white.  if broyles is making a power play so be it

HOG RED UMP

"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford