Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Muschamp Video

Started by lespaulHog, December 11, 2007, 11:30:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NYC Hog

ya know guys..."grammar" and "proper spelling" aren't cuss word.
"Rock n' roll means well but it can't help tellin' young boys lies."
--Drive By Truckers

SuthrnFballer15

Why don't you look at the other side before you start crucifying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUCo4KQOJcM
Wait until TT gets done with his speech - just scroll past TT.
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

NYC Hog

"Rock n' roll means well but it can't help tellin' young boys lies."
--Drive By Truckers

aar0n

Quote from: W_KY_Hog on December 11, 2007, 11:49:05 am
so to summerize....

every does it, so it must be okay.

and

cursing shows intensity and excellent football knowledge.

Then let's keep Herring.
Completely out of left field.  No one has said cussing shows knowledge or that everyone does it so it's ok.  The only thing we have said is that it shows intensity.  Look at the man's numbers.  Don't you think if cussing and jumping around were getting him there every coach would be researching brand new moon shoes on ebay? 

UAfan

Quote from: W_KY_Hog on December 11, 2007, 11:49:05 am
so to summerize....

every does it, so it must be okay.

and

cursing shows intensity and excellent football knowledge.

Then let's keep Herring.
I'm certainly not implying that cussing isn't ok.  What I am saying is that you are going to have a hard time finding a coach who either doesn't curse or doesn't have assistants who curse.  Just plain and simple. 

agr347

Quote from: NYC Hog on December 11, 2007, 11:51:23 am
ya know guys..."grammar" and "proper spelling" aren't cuss word.

I agree, but some people on here might not :)
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: NYC Hog on December 11, 2007, 11:45:20 am
OH MY GOD...
what kind of Beaver Cleaver world do you live in?

Let me tell you, Eddy: The kind of world where, in this state at least, mothers and fathers will think twice about commiting their sons to guys who don't exhibit control over their conduct in public, and who will have a big character strike against them in the recruiting process.

If you don't think that's our reality, like it or not, then you must be living somewhere else far, far away.

bigarrazorback

First off let me begin by saying I dont condone swearing, However im not going to slam a coach if he does swear because that is how he expresses his Emotions

HogFactor

Quote from: agr347 on December 11, 2007, 11:49:00 am
People wanted rid of Nutt cause he sucked

People on this board were complaining because Nutt was too rah rah and that during crunch time he got too excited and could not make correct calls because of it.

W_KY_Hog

Quote from: UAfan on December 11, 2007, 11:52:33 am
I'm certainly not implying that cussing isn't ok.  What I am saying is that you are going to have a hard time finding a coach who either doesn't curse or doesn't have assistants who curse.  Just plain and simple. 

I agree with you. Just having a little fun.
I'm now going to take a "chill" pill and hope we can all celebrate a new hire in the next 48 hours or so.

aar0n

SO TO SUMMARIZE: 
1. Cussing is not a viable reason to not support the head coach of the Arkansas Razorbacks.
2. Muschamp's numbers are amazing in everything he has been a part of.
3. He wants the job.
4. He has intensity that the program needs to get fired up again.
5. He is young and promising, possibly a long term hire.

If you have a problem with any of the preceding articles, then you are in the drivers seat on a bumpy ride to football hell.

lovethosehogs

dark sider true and true. and if this is the hire, black will again be my favorite color!

Dcace83

December 11, 2007, 11:58:03 am #62 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 11:59:38 am by Dcace83
To me, it's just sad that his vocabulary is so limited. And if dropping F bombs (a lot of people consider cussing to be d***, b****, a***) is your(his) only means of showing excitement than it is indeed sad.
And if I had a gun, with two bullets, and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden and Toby, I would shoot Toby twice. -Michael Scott

<--- I brought that avatar to Hogville. It's win I know.

W_KY_Hog

Quote from: alnaar0n on December 11, 2007, 11:52:10 am
Completely out of left field.  No one has said cussing shows knowledge or that everyone does it so it's ok.  The only thing we have said is that it shows intensity.  Look at the man's numbers.  Don't you think if cussing and jumping around were getting him there every coach would be researching brand new moon shoes on ebay? 

Nutt jumped around a lot, didn't he?

qhhog

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:48:26 am
You must mean Tuberville.

I am glad you were able to use your uncanny powers of deduction to see through my grossly negligent double stroke.  Next time I will just type TT to make it easier on you.  My apologies sir.
If you always think what you've always thought, you'll always say what you've always said.  If you always say what you always said you'll always do what you've always done.  If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. Time for a change.  Change=BP WPS GHG

aar0n

Quote from: lovethosehogs on December 11, 2007, 11:57:23 am
dark sider true and true. and if this is the hire, black will again be my favorite color!
You are doing great things for this program

W_KY_Hog

my sister says paxil helps get through the day

spe450

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:54:02 am
Let me tell you, Eddy: The kind of world where, in this state at least, mothers and fathers will think twice about commiting their sons to guys who don't exhibit control over their conduct in public, and who will have a big character strike against them in the recruiting process.

If you don't think that's our reality, like it or not, then you must be living somewhere else far, far away.

I think most parents understand the nature of the sport.  It's a violent sport and not everyone is going to stand on the sideline and not be excited.  I'm sure he doesn't go to the store and scream things like "G*&^amn!  That muthaf*$ckin bread smells delicious!"

aar0n

Quote from: W_KY_Hog on December 11, 2007, 11:58:22 am
Nutt jumped around a lot, didn't he?
Nutt bounced, but AS I STATED CLEARLY, jumping around does not make you a good coach, it's the content that matters.

hogwatcher

Anyone naive enough to think that this outburst is uncommon in a college athlete's vernacular should realize that is the way of the world. 

Is it offensive?...to some.  Would he perform the same way in a press conference?  Hopefully not.  But is it common...sadly, yes.

HoginHouston

Quote from: willienelsonforprez on December 11, 2007, 11:36:59 am
Boom!! That pink dress you've got on is clouding your judgement...

Seriously, this should be the final word on the subject. Muschamp=our football Pelphrey. Do I care that cusses? HELL NO. I want to win, and his drive is likely to make that happen. We're not picking a sunday school teacher...
Go Hogs Go.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:40:02 am
I've played plenty of football, buddy.

And my judgment about Muschamp not being a class act is not about speech in and of itself.

It's about judgment.

And who you want to be the face of your football program.

I don't think an overly excitable sideline monkey should be the face of Arkansas football.

Pelphrey has got to be giving you ulcers.

aar0n

If a mother or father is willing to pull their kids commitment because the head coach cusses, that poor kid is in for extreme culture shock wherever he goes.  I feel sorry for anybody whose parents deny them one of the sole aspects of college that is independence.  I am actually more scared of the parent than the coach.

DieHardHawg42

If you think that Muschamp is the only coach that is that "colorful" then please join us in the 21 century buddy.  I was called worse in Junior High. 

aar0n

Quote from: willienelsonforprez on December 11, 2007, 11:36:59 am
Boom!! That pink dress you've got on is clouding your judgement...
I just saw this.  FANTASTIC

HoginHouston

Quote from: lovethosehogs on December 11, 2007, 11:57:23 am

Get a life. The rest of us out in the real world are ready to be excited about Hog football again, and Muschamp is the guy to make that happen. Go root for Ole Miss. I hear their coach is a good Christian man!!
Go Hogs Go.

aar0n

Quote from: DieHardHawg42 on December 11, 2007, 12:06:20 pm
If you think that Muschamp is the only coach that is that "colorful" then please join us in the 21 century buddy.  I was called worse in Junior High. 

The doctor pulled me out of the womb, spanked me and said "BOOM! MOTHER%$$%!!!"

averyjack

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:42:06 am
Tommy Tuberville.
No offense but where were you when we needed six mil to get him?

HoginHouston

Quote from: alnaar0n on December 11, 2007, 12:08:41 pm
The doctor pulled me out of the womb, spanked me and said "BOOM! MOTHER%$$%!!!"
+1
Go Hogs Go.

PorkBrainz

Quote from: SuthrnFballer15 on December 11, 2007, 11:51:33 am
Why don't you look at the other side before you start crucifying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUCo4KQOJcM
Wait until TT gets done with his speech - just scroll past TT.

Outstanding!

did you watch this one? Cool, calm, collected and his attention to detail and knowledge of each player...their abilities and what they need to work on is remarkable!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHgePaxaDuE&NR=1

God, I hope he's on his way to Arkansas!!!!
Go Hogs!

Coolest Hawg EVAR...

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:54:02 am

Seeing as how he is able to recruit well enough to put together championship defenses, your theory really doesn't hold water. 

Let's look at his background.  He was a walk-on football player and ended his college career as a defensive co-captain.  He has a master's degree in education so he has more education than most the people posting in this thread.  He's 36 and also more successful at an early age than most people posting in this thread.  To have that kind of success, he has to be an extremely hard worker. 

He can teach his recruits how to work hard and how to be successful.  Exactly how is that a strike against character???

RzrbkJohn

Quote from: WxHog on December 11, 2007, 11:38:09 am
After you look at the Muschamp video, do a You tube video search on Mark Mangino, or just view this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmAYpAzNB34

That's HILARIOUS.  Fat Mangino is one pissed off dude in that video.

TheJohnShow

I think he might be a great fit.  Hes got the passion and experience in the sec, the players all seem to love him, and it def dosnt hurt to have that kind of endorsements from Tubberville and Saban.  We could def use that kind of fire to reunite the fan base and get our recruits fired up to play for a guy like this....all for it, heck mabey we could still pull Gus in as OC

aar0n

We took notes from Muschamp.    BOOM! SHUT THAT WUSSY THREAD DOWN MOTHERF@%&%*^!!!

agr347

Quote from: DieHardHawg42 on December 11, 2007, 12:06:20 pm

Hell I was called worse this morning!
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

dsewell70

Quote from: hogwatcher on December 11, 2007, 12:03:52 pm
Anyone naive enough to think that this outburst is uncommon in a college athlete's vernacular should realize that is the way of the world. 

Is it offensive?...to some.  Would he perform the same way in a press conference?  Hopefully not.  But is it common...sadly, yes.

Is anyone naive enough to think this isn't prevalent in high school locker rooms and on the field.

OK I'll give the original poster his point that he may not like the language. And he may be fortunate enough to be in a coaching situation where it doesn't happen. However, having covered a fair share of high school football and baseball games and American Legion baseball games, the situation where there is no cussing is a rarity.

MacHog19

lespaul and prairiehome,
While profanity can certainly be offensive, I think you both are being a bit unrealistic.  I would much prefer a coach who uses some salty language but would look me in the eye and be honest, to a coach who would engage in some of the duplicitous behavior of "what's his name".  Do you really think failing to protect a freshman from the tirade of one of his fanatical friends (then denying any knowledge of the incident when the phone records tend to prove the opposite) and allowing him to be publicly ostracized before his teammates for an incident he had already apologized for (but said apology was never publicly admitted) is representative of a coach with "class" or character?  That's not really "special" is it guys?

SuthrnFballer15

Quote from: alnaar0n on December 11, 2007, 12:17:38 pm
We took notes from Muschamp.    BOOM! SHUT THAT WUSSY THREAD DOWN MOTHERF@%&%*^!!!

OR - Boom! Hire GUS; you know that he's the only one that can lead us to salvation MOTH#*$%!
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

HamShank

Quote from: lespaulHog on December 11, 2007, 11:30:28 am
I saw the You Tube video. I know I'm going to get dumped on for saying this but I'm going to say it anyway. I can not support a coach that screams out that kind of trash at his players. I know most all of the coaches do it ( BUT NOT GUS!). It's not needed. The fact that everybody wants him because of the video says a lot about the society we live in. He will be representing the U of A and the state. We need integrity not obsenity.
   Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong and old shool. That's fine.

Reggie Herring "represents U of A and the state" and I have several sources that say he is "the most foul-mouthed person I've ever met."  Maybe not during his Fellowship of Christian Athletes speeches and all, but when he's on the field, in practice or in games, he is as profane as anyone. 

I'm not saying you're wrong for wanting a clean-mouthed coach, but I am saying it's unrealistic and short-sighted to let the profanity tail wag the head coaching dog. 

hogwatcher

Quote from: dsewell70 on December 11, 2007, 12:18:53 pm
Is anyone naive enough to think this isn't prevalent in high school locker rooms and on the field.

OK I'll give the original poster his point that he may not like the language. And he may be fortunate enough to be in a coaching situation where it doesn't happen. However, having covered a fair share of high school football and baseball games and American Legion baseball games, the situation where there is no cussing is a rarity.

touche'  +1

russell33

my co workers talk worse than that

ladyhog25

He's a football coach not a cheerleading coach....

HawgTide

I'm surprised how many hyper-sensitive football fans post on here.It was one moment caught on film in the heat of battle.It's really not that big of a deal.It is certainly no reason to disqualify WM for consideration as head coach.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: lespaulHog on December 11, 2007, 11:30:28 am
I saw the You Tube video. I know I'm going to get dumped on for saying this but I'm going to say it anyway. I can not support a coach that screams out that kind of trash at his players. I know most all of the coaches do it ( BUT NOT GUS!). It's not needed. The fact that everybody wants him because of the video says a lot about the society we live in. He will be representing the U of A and the state. We need integrity not obsenity.
   Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong and old shool. That's fine.

Tell you you're old school?  You aren't old school.  That's the new school theory of coaching.  I would venture to say that Bear Bryant, Woody Hayes, Vince Lombardi, etc. etc. weren't shy about dropping F-bombs with some regularity.  The "player-friendly" coach is a fairly new concept.

JLaws

I'd rather take a foul-mouthed coach who is forward and honest with the in's & out's of his program than someone who puts on the front like they're genuine, and then wouldn't even hesitate to screw everyone for selfish reasons.
"Fan is short for FANATIC! You people ARE INSANE!" - Colin Cowherd

"When you have the opportunity to be with the sexiest girl or the smartest football coach, you take it and worry about what happens if they leave when they leave." -writer's quote when UA hired Petrino

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: jimmiekersh on December 11, 2007, 01:10:41 pm
I for one would stand up in public and call for his immediate termination if he were hired.  I would go to every Christian organization in this state and show that clip.  I would go to every forum I could find and show that clip.  This kind of behavior is unacceptable.

First of all, where in the Bible does it say don't cuss?  Second of all, I could have SWORN Jesus told the angry mob, "Let ye who is without sin cast the first stone." I could have SWORN the Bible says, "judge not, lest ye yourselves be judged."

But I wouldn't swear to it, because the Bible says "let your yes mean yes and your no mean no."  So I will tell you, yes, the Bible does indeed so those things.

MethodChicken

Muschamp #8 defense, Gus #1 offense 

hdandfbout

This could cause problems

IndyHog76

Though the organizations may not be fond of the cussing, I bet they'd laugh at you after you walked out the door.

I for one would stand up in public and call for his immediate termination if he were hired.  I would go to every Christian organization in this state and show that clip.  I would go to every forum I could find and show that clip.  This kind of behavior is unacceptable.

JLaws

Pull an FOI on the guy while you're at it, ok?
"Fan is short for FANATIC! You people ARE INSANE!" - Colin Cowherd

"When you have the opportunity to be with the sexiest girl or the smartest football coach, you take it and worry about what happens if they leave when they leave." -writer's quote when UA hired Petrino