Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Muschamp Video

Started by lespaulHog, December 11, 2007, 11:30:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lespaulHog

December 11, 2007, 11:30:28 am Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 11:51:04 am by lespaulHog
I saw the You Tube video. I know I'm going to get dumped on for saying this but I'm going to say it anyway. I can not support a coach that screams out that kind of trash at his players. I know most all of the coaches do it ( BUT NOT GUS!). It's not needed. The fact that everybody wants him because of the video says a lot about the society we live in. He will be representing the U of A and the state. We need integrity not obsenity.
   Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong and old shool. That's fine.

WPSFan

Quote from: lespaulHog on December 11, 2007, 11:30:28 am
I saw the You Tube video. I know I'm going to get dumped on for saying this but I'm going to say it anyway. I can not support a coach that screams out that kind of trash at his players. I know most all of the coaches do it ( BUT NOT GUS!). It's not needed. The fact that everybody wants him because of the video says a lot about the society we live in. He will be representing the U of A and the state. We need integrity not obsenity.

What video are you talking about?
Work hard, be smart, and keep the peace. WPS!

prairiehogcompanion

While agreeing with you, let me be less timid.

Will Muschamp is NOT a class act!

NYC Hog

"Rock n' roll means well but it can't help tellin' young boys lies."
--Drive By Truckers

RazorWeevil

Insanity is hereditary.  I got mine from my kids.

SuthrnFballer15

December 11, 2007, 11:33:13 am #5 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 11:39:11 am by SuthrnFballer15
I saw the You Tube video. I know I'm going to get dumped on for saying this but I'm going to say it anyway. I can not support a coach that screams out that kind of trash at his players. I know most all of the coaches do it ( BUT NOT GUS!). It's not needed. The fact that everybody wants :razorback:te. We need integrity not obsenity.

Lighten up, without youtube.com you wouldn't even know what he says on the sideline. Muschamp is not the only coach that does this and you may not see it but I consider it fire and desire to be successful. This is football let the players decide. The man is a professional and he knows when to be that way and when to not, its not like we are hiring a Bobby Knight and having a cuss fest after game days. Hes a family man and if he wants to be a hog then I want him too, more than what I can say for a lot of prospects. If you think our coach gets more publicity than our fans do to others outside this state and you want that person to be positive, your wrong. We the fans make our own publicity for the state and if you don't believe me read some Espn articles about how we are crazy and won't stop with the FOIs or the Banners. :razorback:
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

lespaulHog

The one where he calls our players mother f ers. Go to You Tube and search for Muschamp Video and you'll find it.

Wild Bill Hog

Had you just typed "Hire Gus", it would have been quicker.

primetime21

As long as he doesn't constantly call the players "special" he is ok with me.  There are far worse things than foul language.

Yo Yo Ma

I wonder what Reggie Herring called the Auburn offense?  Or better yet, have you ever heard what Reggie Herring calls his own players?

aar0n

Oh god.  Clearly the poster has never played football.  Sigh.  I dont want to explain it for the 4987645th time.  I find it hard to take the "class act" comment seriously when that saying was made famous by Nutt.  Hopefully thats what you were alluding to

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: NYC Hog on December 11, 2007, 11:32:52 am
oh, grow up pollyanna.

This is precisely why Will Muschamp is NOT a class act.

It isn't because he's a foul mouth.

It's becauase he doesn't have the maturity to control his foul mouth in public. He isn't ready to represent a major college football program on a personal level.

In other words, pal, he hasn't grown up.

agr347

GET OVER IT!!! IF that's the worst thing he ever does, I think we'll all manage to live our lives in peace
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

lespaulHog

Ok. Wild Bill. HIRE GUS.

Pissed Pig

Yes, but Shibest pointing and verbal abuse is great, right?

Don't kid yourself, ALL coaches have moments of tirades!

willienelsonforprez

Boom!! That pink dress you've got on is clouding your judgement...

UAfan

This is exactly the kind of coach we need.  Although I'm not a big fan of cursing this guy is the kind of energy we need.  You're fooling yourself if you think that this kind of stuff doesn't go on at every school with coaches, including head coaches.  Just because the guy gets pumped up and drops an f bomb doesn't mean he has no integrity.

AckaBacka

Quote from: Pissed Pig on December 11, 2007, 11:36:26 am
Yes, but Shibest pointing and verbal abuse is great, right?

Don't kid yourself, ALL coaches have moments of tirades!
The Shibest thing was much worse.  He was taunting an opposing player, which is classless.  Muschamp was talking to his players, trying to motivate them.  Big difference

WxHog

December 11, 2007, 11:38:09 am #18 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 11:40:10 am by WxHog
After you look at the Muschamp video, do a You tube video search on Mark Mangino, or just view this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmAYpAzNB34

NYC Hog

the sidelines aren't really "public" are they?
it's not like he was speaking at the local Rotarian Club.
he was coaching a testosterone fueled blood sport...
sheesh.
oh wait...is that a cussword?
--Drive By Truckers

lespaulHog

Quote from: alnaar0n on December 11, 2007, 11:35:27 am
Oh god.  Clearly the poster has never played football.  Sigh.  I dont want to explain it for the 4987645th time.  I find it hard to take the "class act" comment seriously when that saying was made famous by Nutt.  Hopefully thats what you were alluding to

Wrong. I played and now I coach.

hogs7199

Obviously you have no idea what mindset it takes to be a college football defensive coordinator.  I will take someone with a little fire in him.  Some people are going to find a fault with everyone.  You are one of those people.

softserve

Quote from: NYC Hog on December 11, 2007, 11:32:52 am
oh, grow up pollyanna.

Agreed.  He knows how to motivate these young guys.  His job is to win football games not change "the society we live in".  I use the F bomb all the time when I get excited, and I consider myself to be a pretty upstanding guy.
Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

agr347

Quote from: UAfan on December 11, 2007, 11:37:26 am
This is exactly the kind of coach we need.  Although I'm not a big fan of cursing this guy is the kind of energy we need.  You're fooling yourself if you think that this kind of stuff doesn't go on at every school with coaches, including head coaches.  Just because the guy gets pumped up and drops an f bomb doesn't mean he has no integrity.

I agree!!! He just got caught on the tv, if a microphone hadn't been there, this wouldn't be an issue.....

I bet Dale had only good things to say

primetime21

Quote from: hogs7199 on December 11, 2007, 11:38:21 am
Obviously you have no idea what mindset it takes to be a college football defensive coordinator.  I will take someone with a little fire in him.  Some people are going to find a fault with everyone.  You are one of those people.

Pot meet kettle.  You are finding fault with the guy before he is even hired?

UAfan

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:35:29 am

It's becauase he doesn't have the maturity to control his foul mouth in public. He isn't ready to represent a major college football program on a personal level.

Get out of 1950 and step into 2007.  This goes on at every level of athletics there is.  The guy is excited about football.  Head coaches, assistants, whoever they all do it.  Not saying that makes it right but if you're gonna not hire a guy because he said some cuss words than that sounds pretty immature to me.

spe450

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:35:29 am

It's at a FOOTBALL GAME!  It's not like he did it during a press conference.  He's in a place where both players and coaches get excited and let their emotions show.  This whole cussing obsession has gotten rediculous.  Good luck finding a coach that doesn't cuss by the way.

prairiehogcompanion

I've played plenty of football, buddy.

And my judgment about Muschamp not being a class act is not about speech in and of itself.

It's about judgment.

And who you want to be the face of your football program.

I don't think an overly excitable sideline monkey should be the face of Arkansas football.

aar0n

Nutt on sideline:  Good job boys.  Just exciting to watch and a real class act.  We came at them so fast it just messed them up.  That was a real exciting, exciting play.  Just exciting.  Way to be winners and fighters. We gained at least 6 inches on that play, maybe half a foot.

Muschamp on sideline:  KEEP ON GETTIN THEM BIG HITS YOURE TAKING THEM TO THE F@$%$ BANK BABY!!! ROLL ON THOSE BI%^%^!!!  DAMN SON!  YOU DROPPED THAT MOTHERF%^%^ LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW!!!

Who would you rather play for?

UAfan

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:40:02 am

And my judgment about Muschamp not being a class act is not about speech in and of itself.

It's about judgment.

I don't think an overly excitable sideline monkey should be the face of Arkansas football.

Just stop posting.  You're making it worse.

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: alnaar0n on December 11, 2007, 11:41:08 am
Nutt on sideline:  Good job boys.  Just exciting to watch and a real class act.  We came at them so fast it just messed them up.  That was a real exciting, exciting play.  Just exciting.  Way to be winners and fighters. We gained at least 6 inches on that play, maybe half a foot.

Muschamp on sideline:  KEEP ON GETTIN THEM BIG HITS YOURE TAKING THEM TO THE F@$%$ BANK BABY!!! ROLL ON THOSE BI%^%^!!!  DAMN SON!  YOU DROPPED THAT MOTHERF%^%^ LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW!!!

Who would you rather play for?

Tommy Tuberville.

lespaulHog

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:40:02 am

It's about judgment.

Could not have said it better myself.

Exactly

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: UAfan on December 11, 2007, 11:41:56 am
Just stop posting.  You're making it worse.

You must have flunked logic class.

HogFactor

Anyone who uses that kind of language will have a hard time selling mommas and daddys on the old "let me have your boy for four years and I will bring him back to you a man" idea IMO.

No good parent is going to want their son to subjected to that kind of language and to be called those kinds of names.

Don't complain when they get in trouble with the law if this is the kind of role model you give them.

UAfan

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:42:06 am
Tommy Tuberville.
John Pelphrey is a lot like Will Muschamp.  Both want to prove that they can take Arkansas to another level.  By recruiting, bringing excitement back to the fanbase, and winning.  Yes this is who I want to represent the University of Arkansas.

qhhog

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:42:06 am
Tommy Tuberville.
If Tubberville has a problem with this kind of motivation it will probably show in the type of assistants he employees..........Oh he does employee this guy, hand picked him no less.
If you always think what you've always thought, you'll always say what you've always said.  If you always say what you always said you'll always do what you've always done.  If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. Time for a change.  Change=BP WPS GHG

socalhogcaller

You'd be surprised at what even the beloved Gus is capable of saying in the heat of the moment.  I've heard Nutt use G*d Da** it before, and there are a lot of people who would consider that a worse offense.  Bottom line is: you could tell he had a good rapport with his players on that video, regardless of his language.  I like Gus a lot too, but some of this hero worship is scary.  Oh yeah, and its Muschamp, not Mushamp.

agr347

Quote from: HogFactor on December 11, 2007, 11:43:00 am
Anyone who uses that kind of language will have a hard time selling mommas and daddys on the old "let me have your boy for four years and I will bring him back to you a man" idea IMO.

No good parent is going to want their son to subjected to that kind of language and to be called those kinds of names.

Don't complain when they get in trouble with the law if this is the kind of role model you give them.

The guy cusses on the sideline on video, without knowing 1 time, and he's now a terrible role model....hope none of you people never cuss in front of your children...but wait, I bet that has probably never happened-that would be terrible

NYC Hog

OH MY GOD...
what kind of Beaver Cleaver world do you live in?
--Drive By Truckers

UAfan

Then send your kid to Baylor, because I can guarantee you that this goes on at every major University in the country.

Southpointhog

Get a grip hogfactor!!  Come on!!!!

Coolest Hawg EVAR...

Jesus people grow up.  There are a lot worse things he could do than call somebody a motherf*cker during a football game. 

Muschamp has coached defenses in the SEC and pro football and overachieved at both levels.  He was a major part of putting the LSU team together that won the championship in 2003, and his imprint is still all over the LSU team that is about to play for the championship again.  His defense this season at Auburn ranks 8th in the nation. 

If you guys can't see the value of bringing this kind of success and experience into the program, then nothing can really help you at this point...

aar0n

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:42:57 am

Apparently you have flunked out of every school you've been to.  Logic class?  Are you 13?

spe450

You don't get arrested for cussing.  And cussing doesn't make one a poor role model.

HogFactor

Wasn't this some peoples reason for wanting rid of Nutt

UAfan

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:42:57 am

Than tell me who would be a good hire.  TT?  The poster above made a great point TT employed Muschamp.  I'm not implying that cussing is ok, but if you don't support a great football mind because of his mouth than go root for Baylor.

prairiehogcompanion

Quote from: qhhog on December 11, 2007, 11:44:43 am
If Tubberville has a problem with this kind of motivation it will probably show in the type of assistants he employees..........Oh he does employee this guy, hand picked him no less.

You must mean Tuberville.

HogFactor

Quote from: spe450 on December 11, 2007, 11:47:56 am
You don't get arrested for cussing.  And cussing doesn't make one a poor role model.

That is your opinion...and I disagree

agr347

Quote from: HogFactor on December 11, 2007, 11:47:59 am

Wasn't this some peoples reason for wanting rid of Nutt

People wanted rid of Nutt cause he sucked

W_KY_Hog

so to summerize....

every does it, so it must be okay.

and

cursing shows intensity and excellent football knowledge.

Then let's keep Herring.