Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCOOP! Straighten this out..

Started by hogzndogz, December 10, 2007, 08:53:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: travette on December 10, 2007, 10:46:49 pm
Too bad the banks are closed. Not saying you guys are wrong but I will wait for the presser.

Wait for the presser...and a couple days!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

camden5r

sonicbob

Petrino would bring instant credibility to the program.  He could put together a top notch staff and wide open offense for the fans.  I question his long term loyalty, but if he stayed three years and had us in better shape, it would make it easier on the next hire.  Some say he is very hard to deal with and may have swept some things under the rug at Louisville.

Muschamp wants the job.  He knows the SEC and is a dynamic personality.  Great recruiter and would work his tail off to succeed.

Hard to go wrong with either!

Now watch it be someone we've never consider announced as our next coach.

FedUpWithNutt

I would think that Long would definetely want to speak with Petrino after tonights' game and see "what his thinking might be?!!"

Quote from: sonicbob on December 10, 2007, 10:45:09 pm
Not trying to throw cold water on Muschamp because I think he would do a great job for the long haul.

However:

Just because Blanks made those comments on ESPN doesn't mean anything.  Last week Bobby Petrino was begging to come here for half of what he is making in the NFL with no buyout.  He hated Atlanta and the NFL and felt like he was lied to by Falcons mgmt on the Vick situation.  Jeff Long refused to talk with him until his had an adjust of opinion (if you know what I mean).  Petrino's agent had a friend from central Arkansas (also an agent) contact to local media personality to get the word out to put pressure on Long.  What could Petrino possible be playing us for with the Falcons.  He already makes 4.5 million per year.  He may not come and we may get Muschamp, which is fine with me, but don't go off the deep end just yet.  Three very solid sources told me things have been awful quiet lately and all think we will talk with Petrino after tonights game.  Again, not saying Petrino is the guy, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. 

The Hawg Marshal

We could nickname him Boom. Just think of the marketing possibilities.

WMHawgfan

Glad your talking about Muschamp. When you said BOOM I thought you were talking about tough actin Tinactin.

inhognation

Don't get me wrong, I hope it is Muschamp or petrino, but why did we hire a search firm.  Weren't both of them candidates before Neinas.  Also, what has everyone convinced that it will happen in 48 hours or less???

Where is that coming from?

SuthrnFballer15

December 10, 2007, 10:59:41 pm #157 Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 11:04:29 pm by SuthrnFballer15
Quote from: inhognation on December 10, 2007, 10:57:56 pm
Don't get me wrong, I hope it is Muschamp or petrino, but why did we hire a search firm.  Weren't both of them candidates before Neinas.  Also, what has everyone convinced that it will happen in 48 hours or less???

He was hired as soon as Nutt was fired, I heard it on Sports Rap.........Neinas that is. :razorback:
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

gdude73

Well, Petrino looks pretty upset right now on the sidelines.  If he has rejected Arkansas's offer, he is probably reconsidering now since the Saints are killing them.  Still, I have wanted Muschamp from the beginning even before his named was mentioned for the job so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

HawgTide

Quote from: Tommy2Hog on December 10, 2007, 10:32:31 pm
If they hire Muschump then I think I will become a Ole Piss fan
See ya.Then maybe you could post some crap on their board.We get it,you don't like Muschamp.You don't have to post it fifty times in one night.Pace yourself.It's just a rumor right now.If he does become our head coach you'll need your posting energy then.

arkbengal

Quote from: David Brent on December 10, 2007, 10:34:29 pm
Is there any way Derek Dooley leaves La Tech as head coach to be an OC?  Seems like he would have just as good, if not better chance of taking over a major program down the road by staying where he is right now.

I would be thrilled to have him though!

I personally don't think so. He actually would make a better head coach than WM in my opinion and will likely move into a major HC spot within the next 2-3 years. I don't think he will give up a HC spot now to be a OC anywhere. And, yes, he is a super recruiter and knows LA and the southeast very well.

HotlantaHog

Agree that Arthur Blank and Rich McKay may not try to prevent Petrino from leaving, if Petrino is dead set on leaving the NFL. In between losing Vick, the 24-hour coverage of his dogfighting, and the Falcons' miserable season, a fresh start wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing in the world, the Falcons MAY conclude, if they are likely to lose Petrino in a year or two anyway. There will not be a lot of excitement for the Falcons next year, even if they are able to draft a great QB. And Petrino clearly isn't playing this for a raise.

RhodeHog

Quote from: ballhog on December 10, 2007, 10:48:46 pm
All I know is I prefer these choices to Tommy Bowden.

I've been thinking the same thing.

proffitthog

Just educated guesses.

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: opineonswine on December 10, 2007, 10:39:04 pm
Look, this isn't that complicated.  I don't have a hot-line to anyone involved in the hire.  I do know the list as of this weekend was Petrino, Kiffin, Muschamp and Venables.  Based on hearsay and what Arthur Blank said at the game tonight, it doesn't look like a deal could be done with Petrino.  Kiffin seems unlikely to me and somewhat confirmed by ESPN.  That leaves our boy BOOM. 

This search has been thorough.  As part of the process, any assistants had to submit what kind of offense and staff they would solicit.  We want BALANCE on offense.

Will Muschamp has a staff already planned out.  They are high quality people.  He is the ONLY real candidate of the 4 with SEC experience and his is impressive.  The Big 12 (sorry fans) is NOT the SEC.  Having that experience is important.  Venables Texas / Okla recruiting ties are impressive as well.

If we can land Pelphrey 2.0, we will have done extremely well.

This all goes with the usual it's a fluid situation, not a done deal, subject to change yada, yada.  So if I'm wrong, you'll just have to bite me.

I believe strongly this is the direction we are headed.  And, I believe it will be over by mid-week as I said yesterday.

Great post Opineon!  That makes me feel a bit better.

I still can't get over how all my OU friends can't understand why Arkansas has
been so reluctant to hire a coordinator - hiring a coordinator has been the
'in' thing for AD's to do for quite sometime now.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

JHGiunta

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 10, 2007, 10:49:12 pm
Richt = FSU assistant
Miles = Okie State HC
Meyers = Utah HC
Spurrier = NFL HC
Saban = NFL HC
Croom = NFL assistant
Nutt = UA HC
Tuberville = OM HC
Phat Phil = UT assistant

I'm too tired and lazy to research Brooks and the guy at Vandy.

Brooks =  Oregon HC 1977-1994 / St. Louis Rams HC 1995-1996 / Atlanta Falcons DC 1997-2000

Johnson = HC Furman 1994-2001

foghornshog

Also, what has everyone convinced that it will happen in 48 hours or less???

Didn't you get the memo?  Everything is 48 hours with a 2pm presser! :)

irishman

To Scoop, or anyone else qualified to answer.
Not that I have no faith in you guys but can I ask; how do we know that it is down to Muschamp and Venables. Don't get me wrong I would give my left arm for either but how reliable is this?

proffitthog

Steve Sullivan, just said he is hearing a lot of Muschamp rumblings as next coach.

italianhog77

I've been under a rock.  Just watched the YouTube replay of Muschamp dropping the MF bomb during the arkansas game... Freakin awesome....but somehow I think Golden Handcuff Moccasin Boy wont let that kind of language at "our" university....I say bring him....BOOOOM

ronmahony

Well i hope it's Boom, they were talking earlier on Sports Rap about how much he wanted this job, he sounds kinda like a young John Madden,
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

HoggyWayne

Quote from: Tommy2Hog on December 10, 2007, 10:32:31 pm
If they hire Muschump then I think I will become a Ole Piss fan

Hotty Toddy. Boom. Knock those MF'ing Rebels out!

RhodeHog

I'm gonna ask a stupid question....smite away.  What's with all the Boom references in regard to Muschamp? 

highlandhog

I honestly feel sorry for whoever gets this job.  I wouldnt wish my worst enemies to have to work under all of these U of A Bozo's.  And you know they will be diggin their greedy little fingers into every little nook and crany of the football program.  Heck we may even see white in the coaches box next year.

ronmahony

I'd be surprised to see White anywhere next year
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Mick Hogger

I'd be thrilled with Muschamp. He's got me more excited than the ones that were head coaches supposedly on their way.

I've got my avatar pre-loaded for when we get them back!
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

HoginHouston

BOOM comes from that youtube video where he says BOOM! Mfers and all that. A lot of us found it endearing...
Go Hogs Go.

RhodeHog

Quote from: HoginHouston on December 10, 2007, 11:40:09 pm
BOOM comes from that youtube video where he says BOOM! Mfers and all that. A lot of us found it endearing...

Thanks.  I haven't seen that yet I guess.

Shuga Town HEMI

So after watching that youtube video...I know who my vote is for the next hc. Seriously, this is what I want, that is intensity.

irishman

A lot of people agree with you Shuga Town

RazorBassin

Opine I hope you are right.  I am so ready for this search to be over.

HoginHouston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyeby6qHlDA

there's the video. warning, though: watching this will make you want WS as our next coach...
Go Hogs Go.

ronmahony

Go up and read the article from the times free press, I think that's even better than the video

taintlint

Is it possible that we post the video 600 more times before he is hired?

Golfer

December 10, 2007, 11:45:31 pm #184 Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 11:53:37 pm by Golfer
Quote from: tconey1 on December 10, 2007, 10:01:26 pm
About a week ago AKP posted that we would get turned down by 2 people before it was announced that GM would be hired. Im not trying to push GM but it seems to be right what AKP said!

AKP also said that the board was meeting last week to hire Gus, when in truth, they were meeting about Grobe(sp). You do realize how that turned out.. Skip said the same thing, so believe them if you want, but as for me...............

HoginHouston

Quote from: taintlint on December 10, 2007, 11:44:34 pm
Is it possible that we post the video 600 more times before he is hired?

Sorry, but I thought someone asked for it. I mean, it doesn't hurt to post it. Just figured it would save people time. BOOM!
Go Hogs Go.

Legalsax

Well... I'm not cool enough to have gotten the "BOOM" comment right off the bat but...

1. If it meant "BOOM"er sooner... then... Ick.

2. If it referenced Muschamps' foul mouth on the sideline this season... then double Ick.

Bottom line:

Pfffffthpt.

>:(
"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

RhodeHog

Quote from: HoginHouston on December 10, 2007, 11:43:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyeby6qHlDA

there's the video. warning, though: watching this will make you want WS as our next coach...

Reminds me of that John Madden commercial:  "Get Boom with tough actin' tinactin!"

HoggyWayne

Opine, I hope you're right about Sir William Muschamp becoming the new Head Football Coach at the University of Arkansas. I will rest easy tonight, knowing that BOOM could possibly be the man! BOOM!

bjackson

hire muschamp or venables but please allow gus to aleast come on as off. coordinator. i think this would be a very bright move for which ever one gets the job. we would have a great def. and off. coordinator. also i believe gus could make sure we keep our home grown recruits this year and in yhe future. we need gus on board someway and somehowand who knows maybe even pick up oregon to coach d-line or linebackers but like i was saying malzaln is a must hire.

ronmahony

ronmahony

Is anybody else getting tired of hearing about Michael Vick?

The Hawg Marshal

Slackavelli

Quote from: destinflhog on December 10, 2007, 09:42:21 pm
I bet Boom loves the helmet more than any coach we ever hired.  I'll even bet he sleeps with it.
BOOM! Can't wait to play Auburn & Ole Miss!

The Hawg Marshal

I can hear it now Boom Boom out go the lights.

The Hawg Marshal

Shuga Town HEMI

Quote from: ronmahony on December 10, 2007, 11:44:02 pm
Go up and read the article from the times free press, I think that's even better than the video

wow...all i can say is... BOOM!

irishman

I hope we aren't getting our hopes up for nothing. I would be crushed if Muschamp didn't come at this point.

ronmahony

Shuga Town HEMI

I know I'm probably getting my hopes up for nothing. But I hope to find out tomorrow that its true. I think I'm going to go to bed early just to pass the time quicker...plus my eyes are hurting from reading so much.