Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCOOP! Straighten this out..

Started by hogzndogz, December 10, 2007, 08:53:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pignatious

Quote from: opineonswine on December 10, 2007, 10:07:40 pm
IF it is an asst coach, he had to present a staff incl OC that would/will result in an open offense.  for example, WM has been around championship caliber coaches.  he has been planning for an opp for some time.  He is not enamored with the current AU offense.  I like his thinking.

That is good to know. I would like to see a balanced offense. We don't need to go crazy and pass every down, but 50/50 or so run-pass would be best. From what I had heard about Venables, I don't know if he had a potential staff selected. He was rumored to be bringing Heupel as OC, but beyond that may be an issue.
Freedom is never free.

WPSFan

in 26 minutes it will be 47 hours or less!

BUMNP
Work hard, be smart, and keep the peace. WPS!

Houston h

I believe it will be WM but won't buy into anything until I see them on the practice field in the spring.  This has been the biggest freaking circle of monkeys chasing their tails I have ever seen.  Makes me wish Gore had never invented the internet!

fdx flyer

Quote from: hognelson on December 10, 2007, 09:52:27 pm
I'm guessing venerables with the boom comment.  Boomer Sooner, isn't that their cheer or something?

I'm guessing "Boom" would be referencing Will Muschamp's cussing tirade during the AU-ARK game.  It's on youtube.  He yelled "Boom!" and then called us MF'ers after a 3rd down stop.

Arkanian

BOOM! [CENSORED] Coach Muschamp.  BOOM HEAD SHOT!...ah I mean BOOM!

cardinalhawg

Quote from: fdx flyer on December 10, 2007, 10:13:57 pm
I'm guessing "Boom" would be referencing Will Muschamp's cussing tirade during the AU-ARK game.  It's on youtube.  He yelled "Boom!" and then called us MF'ers after a 3rd down stop.

Yea, I believe he was referring to Muschamp with the BOOM comment as well.  He definitely says boom in the video and it is also mentioned in the article contained in one of the MMQB threads.

RumRunner

Quote from: Houston h on December 10, 2007, 10:12:31 pm
I believe it will be WM but won't buy into anything until I see them on the practice field in the spring.  This has been the biggest freaking circle of monkeys chasing their tails I have ever seen.  Makes me wish Gore had never invented the internet!

I believe I referred to this as "monkeys humping the football" earlier.  Let's keep it straight.

Quote from: pignatious on December 10, 2007, 10:12:06 pm
That is good to know. I would like to see a balanced offense. We don't need to go crazy and pass every down, but 50/50 or so run-pass would be best. From what I had heard about Venables, I don't know if he had a potential staff selected. He was rumored to be bringing Heupel as OC, but beyond that may be an issue.

Heupel!?!  Where the frack is he these days and what has he accomplished?

Quote from: Hogginitall on December 10, 2007, 10:11:15 pm
So, who would he think about bringing in as OC, in your opinion?

If this is true, who the OC is my next question.  It would be an very important hire.

Squealers

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

berg

I am glad there is a whole thread about something someone said in another thread. ???

jhold99

Arkanian

Quote from: berg on December 10, 2007, 10:17:57 pm
I am glad there is a whole thread about something someone said in another thread. ???
I should make a thread about your remarks and then you can make a thread about a thread that I made from your remarks on this thread and there would be ice cream and berries and it will be GREAT!

PearlHarbor

Did bob stoops ever coach offense? Bellichick? The tuna? Jimmy johnson? Seems like there have been many head coaches that came from the defensive side of the ball.
I don't think we should be too awful concerned with that.

WPSFan

Quote from: berg on December 10, 2007, 10:17:57 pm

It's kinda making fun of Dana Caldwell. But you don't know who that is.

Houston h

Quote from: opineonswine on December 10, 2007, 10:18:14 pm
google Derek Dooley

This is silly, why all the code words and bs.  If you "think" you know who it is, then say it.  If not, go back to humping your pig opie!

davis01

Opine has had to talk to White because White is making the decision.

RumRunner

google Derek Dooley

He's going to leave La-Whereever to be with WM @ UofA?  I could live with that.

Jayhogger

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on December 10, 2007, 09:48:33 pm
Ok, I'm going to show my lack of knowledge, Opine.  Who or what is BOOM??

BOOM is where Cody Burns and Lee Zimba are currently enrolled.

Am I right Opine?

berg

Quote from: WPSFan on December 10, 2007, 10:20:02 pm
It's kinda making fun of Dana Caldwell. But you don't know who that is.

Why would you say that I don't know who that is?

Houston h

Quote from: Jayhogger on December 10, 2007, 10:21:28 pm
BOOM is where Cody Burns and Lee Zimba are currently enrolled.

Am I right Opine?

Yeah, we can't say Auburn on here or a coaches name because we could cause the whole thing to crash and burn.

WPSFan

Quote from: berg on December 10, 2007, 10:22:00 pm
Why would you say that I don't know who that is?

Otherwise you'd have made the connection.

josh_sec33

Hey, I honestly don't care at this point who gets hired. All I care RIGHT NOW is that they

a. recruit
b. recruit
c. get a damn good staff together.
d. recruit
e. recruit
f. heal the fan base
g. recruit
h. recruit until they pass out and die.
i. win.

I don't ask for much.

;)
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

HoopS

WM and Dooley as OC?   I can live with that. 

Dooley runs a wide open, spread, right?

How would you grade both guys in terms of recruiting?

taintlint

hognelson

Quote from: HoopSlap on December 10, 2007, 10:24:01 pm
WM and Dooley as OC?   I can live with that. 

Dooley runs a wide open, spread, right?

How would you grade both guys in terms of recruiting?
I believe Dooley was one of the main recruiter for Saban at lsu if I'm not mistaken.

Cave City Joe

Quote from: PearlHarbor on December 10, 2007, 10:19:37 pm
Did bob stoops ever coach offense? Bellichick? The tuna? Jimmy johnson? Seems like there have been many head coaches that came from the defensive side of the ball.
I don't think we should be too awful concerned with that.

Anf they all won the BIG ONE!
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

lazyj70

SuthrnFballer15

Quote from: lazyj70 on December 10, 2007, 10:29:22 pm
OK I'll be the one to look stupid.  What or who is BOOM?

Muschamp's phrase from the sideline
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Cave City Joe

Quote from: lazyj70 on December 10, 2007, 10:29:22 pm
OK I'll be the one to look stupid.  What or who is BOOM?

Nowo we all know why your name is lazy.  Go read the previous pages
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

ballhog™

Does Dooley have any play calling experience besides being the head coach for 1 season at La. Tech?

At least we would be getting a staff chomping at the bit for a big return to Georgia if things worked out.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Tommy2Hog

If they hire Muschump then I think I will become a Ole Piss fan

FBREW000

OK, lets get it straight.............."Boom" was what Muschamp said prior to saying Mother __________!   

It is also a way the moderator can always be right, and it look like his/her sources are awesome by including the phrase but not giving any real information....

If either of the 2 are hired, the moderator is correct!   Boom for boomer sooner, or Boom for the Auburn defensive coach...

LOL, SMART!!!

Hogginitall

Quote from: ballhog on December 10, 2007, 10:32:00 pm
Does Dooley have any play calling experience besides being the head coach for 1 season at La. Tech?

At least we would be getting a staff chomping at the bit for a big return to Georgia if things worked out.

Look him up.  It's easy.

WPSFan

Quote from: Tommy2Hog on December 10, 2007, 10:32:31 pm

then you're already an ole piss fan, muschamp or not.

David Brent

google Derek Dooley

Is there any way Derek Dooley leaves La Tech as head coach to be an OC?  Seems like he would have just as good, if not better chance of taking over a major program down the road by staying where he is right now.

I would be thrilled to have him though!

Bogustus

Have fun hugging the Nutt

corpitguy

Go.

The NewEra

I would be much more excited with this hire that Grobe or Bowden.

stl52cards

BOOM is definitely Muschamp.  He was born to coach in the SEC.  Hire this young man NOW!

Hogginitall

Quote from: David Brent on December 10, 2007, 10:34:29 pm
Is there any way Derek Dooley leaves La Tech as head coach to be an OC?  Seems like he would have just as good, if not better chance of taking over a major program down the road by staying where he is right now.

I think his salary is around $350,000 as the head coach at LT.  He could make more than that here as an OC.  I don't know if he would leave there or not, but I would say it's more than possible.

Oklahawg

Quote from: David Brent on December 10, 2007, 10:34:29 pm

Two reasons.

1. money
2. access to a high-major HC position

If you want to be a HC in the SEC or ACC you better be a coordinator. Mid-major HC rarely get hired into those conferences.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

FBREW000

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 10, 2007, 10:38:29 pm
Two reasons.

1. money
2. access to a high-major HC position

If you want to be a HC in the SEC or ACC you better be a coordinator. Mid-major HC rarely get hired into those conferences.
Unless it is Arkansas!!!! YEP! Good old Arkansas hires em

invisiblehand

i like what i'm hearing.  BOOM PIG SOOIE!

lazyj70

Quote from: SuthrnFballer15 on December 10, 2007, 10:30:11 pm
Muschamp's phrase from the sideline

Yeah, I remember seeing that now.  I kept trying to put Boom with Sooner.

ballhog™

Quote from: Hogginitall on December 10, 2007, 10:33:51 pm
Look him up.  It's easy.

I looked him up. I didn't see any play calling experience except maybe as coach this year.  You got any breaking news?
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

HoginHouston

All right, who is gonna design and market shirts for the new coach to wear to the Cotton Bowl? It's gotta have BOOM in it. I can see this becoming the big thing.

Frankly, if it is BOOM, I am gonna celebrate. I would have been happy with any of the four, but I like this guy's energy. We won't know for a while, but we could look back in five years and realize that we landed the next Bob Stoops. All I gotta say is BOOM.
Go Hogs Go.

sonicbob

Not trying to throw cold water on Muschamp because I think he would do a great job for the long haul.

However:

Just because Blanks made those comments on ESPN doesn't mean anything.  Last week Bobby Petrino was begging to come here for half of what he is making in the NFL with no buyout.  He hated Atlanta and the NFL and felt like he was lied to by Falcons mgmt on the Vick situation.  Jeff Long refused to talk with him until his had an adjust of opinion (if you know what I mean).  Petrino's agent had a friend from central Arkansas (also an agent) contact to local media personality to get the word out to put pressure on Long.  What could Petrino possible be playing us for with the Falcons.  He already makes 4.5 million per year.  He may not come and we may get Muschamp, which is fine with me, but don't go off the deep end just yet.  Three very solid sources told me things have been awful quiet lately and all think we will talk with Petrino after tonights game.  Again, not saying Petrino is the guy, but I wouldn't count him out just yet. 

ballhog™

All I know is I prefer these choices to Tommy Bowden.

Oklahawg

Quote from: FBREW000 on December 10, 2007, 10:39:27 pm
Unless it is Arkansas!!!! YEP! Good old Arkansas hires em

Richt = FSU assistant
Miles = Okie State HC
Meyers = Utah HC
Spurrier = NFL HC
Saban = NFL HC
Croom = NFL assistant
Nutt = UA HC
Tuberville = OM HC
Phat Phil = UT assistant

I'm too tired and lazy to research Brooks and the guy at Vandy.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra