Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Note to ALL Florida Gators fans

Started by Biggus Piggus, December 10, 2007, 11:58:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on December 10, 2007, 12:31:31 pm
Peyton Manning never won the Heisman and he turned out alright =)  Tebow better hang on to that cast signed by DMAC b/c it's going to be worth more than that Heisman trophy one day.  :razorback:

I wonder if Peyton has contacted D-Mac for one of his famous pep talks? I can hear it now . . .

So D, you didn't win the Heisman, huh? That's ok dude, look at the quality coach you had in college. . . well, all the support you had from the media . . . well, you still got a biatchin' set of wheels!

Seriously though, I wonder if Peyton did try to talk to D-Mac. They were both robbed.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

TheGunther

Yeah Darren will only make about 30 mil. more than Tebow.  Tebow is just like Last year's winner.  In fact, they already predict tebow will be drafted in the NFL as a Fullback. 
everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, no one wanna lift no heavy ass weight!

wholehog92

Show a little class Hog fans, your being shown up by  Tebow who did nothing but show class.

We kept a waterhead coach for 4 seasons too many and it cost an Arkansas kid some national recognition.  I'm proud of the way Dmac represented us for his part.  If Nutt had been smart enough to realize the boon in recruiting a Heisman brings the school and padded his stats like Meyer did for Tebow, Gators would have sour grapes dripping from their faces.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Corganist

Quote from: ThisLittlePiggie on December 10, 2007, 03:37:23 pm
C'mon man. Tebow is NOTHING like that wimp Crouch. And he will have a future in the NFL. If Vince Young has a future in the NFL, Tebow damn sure has one.

Tebow is no Vince Young. If Texas had allowed Young to run up stats the way Florida let Tebow, then he would have had jawdropping numbers too. As it is, in 2005 Young put up numbers very similar to or better than Tebow's in every category except TD runs, and he did it while also sharing carries with his backs and leading his team to a national championship.

I just don't see Tebow being nearly the NFL player Young is. He's just not elusive enough. He's not going to be able to run like a fullback against NFL lines, and I don't think he can get the job done with his arm alone.

All Hogs

Tebow showed nothing but class and put up numbers noone ever has before...he was very deserving of the award...those 4 or 5 weeks DMAC wasn't 100% killed him....He probably would have had around 2250 rushing yards and I don't think the voters could ignore that...Tebow just put up crazy numbers this year...If Dixon wouldn't have went down, he probably would have won the award...I was very disappointed DMAC didn't win it but you can't say bad things about Tebow...

Oklahawg

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 10, 2007, 04:57:28 pm
Darren McFadden didn't lose the Heisman to Tim Tebow.

The University of Arkansas lost the Heisman to the University of Florida.

Nice.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

txkrazorback

The Heisman ballot is a bit different than an average political ballot. With the populace, a candidate may get a 3-5% bump just because their name is on top, but that is for political seats, not heisman. Most people voting Heisman (and there's not near as many of those) know what they are voting about and for whom. However, espn (notice I didn't capitalize) made a friggin pr media blitz for Tebow.
The weakest thread post I know of in the history of Hogville: http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=207820.msg3219371#msg3219371

BTW: If you need to remember the rules...http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?action=rules

SkunkyMunky

Quote from: HogISH™ on December 10, 2007, 12:07:07 pm
that's kind of a hateful way to start a week off don't you think ;)

HogISH

If the truth hurts.
"Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?"
Jimmy Johnson

"Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple."
Barry Switzer

tophawg19

TEBLOW is being set up to be the 1st 3 time winner of this award . he is a good kid and deserving . d-mac is the better player but teblow did something no other qb ever has 30/20 td's in a season. espn is setting this kid up .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

75_zebra

A lot of you bozos are proving we ARE lil' ol' Arkiesaw.  They're both great college football players now.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.  Only one could win.  Quit acting like we'll never have a Heisman contender again.

dsewell70

guess what.. all of y'all who keep blaming ESPN, they didn't have all of the votes. Spread out the blame to all of the writers who voted. Thinking ESPN has that much influence over 400-plus other writers and broadcasters is a bit silly...

want2be

The reason McFadden lost is because Nutt and Lee stated the Hogwild Offense would not work earlier in the year against Kentucky, Auburn, etc. because other teams had if figured out......................Then when their back was up against the wall they started using it again and guess what?? It worked !! I blame it on chicken _hit coaches who were afraid to take chances.

SlopThatPig!

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 10, 2007, 11:58:46 am

May the Heisman curse haunt Tim Tebow to his grave.

That comment is a bit excessive. 

Sao Ming

Quote from: Tammany Tom on December 10, 2007, 01:11:50 pm
Your last statement is pure Crap. You are a very good poster on here and provide a lot of great information. I like to read your posts, as they provide way more insight and knowledge than most posters. A lot of people on this board read your posts for the same reasons I do. You, of all people, should be a better person than to make that statement.

I want to make these points:

I fully understand the disappointment of Arkansas fans in McFadden not winning.

I wanted Darren McFadden to win the Heisman Award. I was rooting for him. I feel he deserved it.

I don't like Florida. I don't like Florida at all. I always root against Florida unless they are playing an out of conference big time program.

However........Tim Tebow was a worthy Heisman candidate and worthy winner. More importantly, Tim Tebow is a very good person. He is what is right in college football. Did you not listen to his acceptance speech? He has is priorities in order and is a great representative for college football and for Florida. I would love to have that young man on LSU's football team.

To wish ill will on a young man that seems to have great charachter, because others, who vote for the award tried to manipulate it is just wrong. I would think that you would be above wishing ill will on a fine young man because of the deeds of others.  

How is it crap?  His jest was not on who deserved it or was more worthy it was more to the point that the votes can be manipulated.

Tony Dorsett is an icon to the DAC.  A true spokesman.  Tony voted 3's for Colt, Darren and Tim.  Not a 1, not a 2 but 3's for each.  Now tell me, what is that vote worth at the end of the day?

Bupkas.

Votes like that should be hanging chad and thrown out.  How can you argue against that.

2xAlum

Quote from: coach5779 on December 10, 2007, 02:41:47 pm
Did anyone else notice that TT drives a moped?  How big a dork is this kid?

So do many of the Razorbacks, including Felix Jones.  There were pictures of them posted in a thread a while back.  I am not sure, but I seem to recall McFadden having one as well. They are the "in" thing on campus.

Nice attempt at an ad hominem attack though.  The fact is that Tebow was just as deserving of the Heisman as McFadden, if not more so.  Anyone that can't see that is as much a homer as Rick Schaeffer.  After all, Tebow had a higher passing efficiency rating than any previous Heisman winning QB and broke all kinds of records.  Yet he did not deserve to win?  Give me a break.

edmo

The Heisman has been unrepairably cheapened in my eyes. I now view it no better than the Walter Camp or Maxwell.

edmo

dsewell70

Y'all need to quit being DTS-like homers and realize Tebow had a great season. Any other season that a Hog isn't a finalist and y'all would be talking about how amazing 51 TDs and almost 4,000 yards in total offense is and deserves the Heisman, even if it is by a sophomore, especially if it was done in the SEC

y'all's last name Schaeffer or Rainwater?

Hoggish1

Quote from: wdremington on December 10, 2007, 12:43:32 pm
I do not, nor have I ever, had anything against Gator Fans. I think Tim Tebow is a phenomenon and that his performance has really been more real than hype.

[Although there is some hype... half his TDs would have been run in by fullbacks if Florida had a decent one this year and he was able to pad his stats immensely against lesser opposition because Meyer (correctly and wisely) let him take more snaps in their blow-outs because you want a sophomore QB to get as many live game snaps as you can for the experience.]
I think DMAC is the superior athelete but the coach we fired torpedoed his Heisman chances through crappy coaching, offensive boredom, fear-laced refusal to let him pad his numbers and his insane ranting and calling out May and Holtz after the LSU game.

Congratulations to Tim Tebow. He is from all accounts a superb human being and a unique athlete and his Heisman should have no more of an asterisk than any other popularity contest. He also has a good coach, which makes all the difference.

Razorback fans need to show some class here. Everyone knows the Heisman is a popularity contest and everyone knows it favors big programs in big markets. DMAC came in second because he was not allowed to do all year what we all know he capable of doing. Sour grapes just makes you look like bitter losers rather than the fans of a proud program with a strong tradition.

Most important point.  DMac with 10 wins, or more, would have been in a BCS game and won it with the same numbers he got under our mediocre head case.  But with a competent HC he would have no doubt not gotten beat up and added 300 + more yards and 10 more touchdowns to his totals. 

dsewell70

Quote from: PorkOpine on December 10, 2007, 08:06:23 pm
All rationalism has been lost on Hogville.  I now find myself disagreeing with haters as well as huggers.  This site is going to hell in a handbasket.

lol ... wonder which way I'm pushing you PorkOpine :)

USCNOKLAHOMA

What hurt DMAC was Felix Jones....sounds crazy I know, but the fact is Felix's insane numbers made it look like anyone could get yardage in your system and behind your line....simple as that. In other words people outside of Arkansas believe you could plug Felix in and not lose a step....the same thing cannot be said if you pulled in Tebow and put in his backup. Heck if Felix were to stay he would be the front runner for next year with Tim Tebow.

Phenomenal One

Quote from: ArkieRebel on December 10, 2007, 12:05:06 pm
It will. He has no future in the NFL. I'm sure he's a good kid but he'll turn out like Eric Crouch from Nebraska. Where is he now?

Sure he will . . . he will follow in the footsteps of all those great Florida QB's that have gone on to the NFL . . . Danny Wuerffel, Shane Matthews, Chris Leak, Jesse Palmer, Brock Berlin, Rex Grossman . . .

WHAT A MINUTE!  Has there ever been a QB out of FLA that has not sucked????  Tebow and Leak will be playing in the AAFL along with Stoerner

NuttSu

Quote from: coach5779 on December 10, 2007, 02:41:47 pm
Did anyone else notice that TT drives a moped?  How big a dork is this kid?
If driving that moped got him the chick hes dating, give me one of those damn things.

WBChogfan

Moral of the story for the future:

Keys to success in college football:

1) Schedule cupcakes.

2) Run up the score at all times.

3) Never pull your starters (a la Pats), allowing them to pad their stats.

dsewell70

Quote from: WBChogfan on December 10, 2007, 08:19:39 pm
Moral of the story for the future:

Keys to success in college football:

1) Schedule cupcakes.

2) Run up the score at all times.

3) Never pull your starters (a la Pats), allowing them to pad their stats.

you mean kinda like the Hogs did a lot? welll on the scheduling the cupcakes anyway ... even then DMac unfortunately didn't get the yards against them like he did in SC and LSU games

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Sao Ming on December 10, 2007, 07:24:46 pm
How is it crap?  His jest was not on who deserved it or was more worthy it was more to the point that the votes can be manipulated.

"May the Heisman curse haunt Tim Tebow to his grave."

That is one of the most classless statements I have ever read from a poster that understands the game as well as the author of the post. The person that wrote this, from what I have discovered after following this board for 4 years, is a well written, educated, intelligent, and extremely insightful, person that generates great discussion from most Hog fans on this board. I would expect more from him.

If you do agree with him......Well, I feel very sorry for you. You don't get what life is all about and you probably never will.

I have read hundreds and hundreds of posts on this board throwing one insult after another at your previous coach for the way he handled himself and for his so called immoralties. Along comes a kid who handles himself with class, has respect for his parents, for his coaches, for his teammates, and the institution that he plays for. He thanks God for the gifts that were given to him and represents everything that is right with college football. All this kid did was play the game with class, passion, and showed great leadership. He had a monster year and numerous people felt he deserved the award. The only problem is: It just so happened to be in the same year as your great running back.

Any voting process has flaws. No voting system is completely fair. To curse the winner of an award for the flaws in the voting process of that award shows nothing but sour grapes, poor sportsmanship, and shows how truly classless you can be.

I saw both players (Tebow & McFadden) play in person twice each. I saw each on television numerous other times. I have seen first hand the greatness that both exhibit. Again, I wanted McFadden to win and was rooting for him.  However, I saw greatness from Tim Tebow this year. Both were very worthy of winning the Heisman Trophy.

To take away from Tebow to prop up McFadden does not show much respect for McFadden. Darren McFadden deserves more from the fans that support his University. Darren McFadden & Tim Tebow show ten times the class then that of lots of fans on this board.

gettinpiggywithit

does anyone know if Tebow had to pay ESPN to advertise so heavily. If not he should have to. IMO, ESPN lost a bit of credibility in doing so. Vote for who you want, but don't use your power to tweak the voters.  Come on ESPN...
Let those who do, do. Let those who spew, spew.

David†

I wish D-Mac would have won as much as anyone!!!!!!!! D-mac took it like a man that Tebow  won, yes espn pushed it, but to wish ill on that young man is just wrong, and you that do should be completely ashamed of yourselves.

dsewell70

December 10, 2007, 08:31:08 pm #77 Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 09:03:04 pm by dsewell70
DMac needs to bring da wood in defense of Tebow on some of the posters on here

jasonf

This isn't about tim tebow - if he doesn't make it as a qb, i'm sure he can be a great fullback or linebacker- the bigger question - why does espn feel so compelled to run a campaign for any one player?  their influence was sickening - even Kirk H. switched his support to fall within the company line.  Both players were deserving - i just wish espn would report the sports news and not try to shape opinion...

HouSwine

What if the Hogs kick MO's a$# by a big score? Bring big name coach as HC with Gus and Reggie running things in harmony. Don't underestimate the lack of leadership of the Nutts and co.

runninghog

Quote from: forwhomthebelltoll on December 10, 2007, 12:24:35 pm
Quite frankly, leaving either McFadden or Tebow off a voting list is absurd. Those voters should be stripped of their voting rights.

I agree totally.  That is manipulation and pro-agenda type voting.  IMO, it is blatantly dishonest voting and has no place in such a prestigious (although now not-so-prestigious) award such as the Heisman.

pignatious

December 10, 2007, 08:45:50 pm #82 Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:48:38 pm by pignatious
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 10, 2007, 11:58:46 am
Gator fans are spreading the lie that "many" Heisman voters who favored Darren McFadden left Tim Tebow off their ballots.

More Gators, apparently, are sleazy enough to try to manipulate the Heisman vote by being patently unfair.

Ballots that did not list Darren McFadden first, second or third: 115

Ballots that did not list Tim Tebow first, second or third: 77

77 seems like a reasonable number of people who might believe it is wrong to vote for a sophomore.

115 leaving McFadden, last year's runner-up, completely off the ballot = overt manipulation of the Heisman vote.

May the Heisman curse haunt Tim Tebow to his grave.

Gator fans need to be happy that their boy got the Heisman purely because of ESPN and their shameless PR campaign. They do not need to be stirring up trouble about voting issues. McFadden is the best player in the SEC since Bo Jackson and they know it. Tebow is a great kid and extremely lucky to have a network take up his cause. The same network that broadcast the award. So much for impartial and fair sports journalism. He needs to enjoy his moment in the sun. McFadden will be worth millions more in the pros. Plus, he will have the added motivation knowing he was shafted.
Freedom is never free.

dsewell70

if you're going to base the Heisman on who is worth more millions in the NFL, then they need to start considering defensive players also... the most decorated player this season, and likely the No. 1 pick if Miami keeps the pick, is LSU's Dorsey.

HawgBallLvr

Quote from: PorkOpine on December 10, 2007, 09:00:41 pm
Yep.  Precisely the reason I'm no longer a Hog fan.  Arkansan's, in general, are uneducated fans.  Yes, they can relate to soap opera's and sling mud with the best, but they can't relate to anything outside their own little world.

Many think the Hogs could win 6 or 7 games next season considering returning players.  They fail to consider their opponent's and it makes me ill.   
Ok Nostradamus, how many game will we win?

Oh and I am glad your not a Hog Fan anymore.  :razorback: I will always be a Hog fan. Win or lose.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

Dirty

Dmac will make alot more money than Tebutt.

jkstock04

The heisman is a popularity contest driven by ESPN...its purely political.  Dmac wasn't the most popular player in college football....its that simple.  Also don't forget the fact we lost 4 games.  Once Hog fans get this through their heads they can get over the fact that Dmac didn't win the heisman.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HawgBallLvr

Quote from: PorkOpine on December 10, 2007, 09:20:57 pm
I don't care how many games the Hogs win or lose.  I just purchased Independence Bowl tickets tonight and will be hollering like hell for Bama.
Good for you.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

SquirrelMasterFunk

user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

josh_sec33

All I have to say is this.

I wonder why so many of the recent Heisman winners were able to be there on a Saturday night when technically shouldn't they be getting ready for a NFL game that next day?

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

razorbackkid

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 10, 2007, 04:57:28 pm
Darren McFadden didn't lose the Heisman to Tim Tebow.

The University of Arkansas lost the Heisman to the University of Florida.

I'll drink to that ^.  Well said.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Dr Swineglove

Heisman = the Golden Globes
#1 draft pick = the Oscars

I know which one I'd rather have.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

hogfanincville

December 10, 2007, 11:16:04 pm #92 Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 11:17:58 pm by hogfanincville
Quote from: PorkOpine on December 10, 2007, 09:00:41 pm
Yep.  Precisely the reason I'm no longer a Hog fan.  Arkansan's, in general, are uneducated fans.  Yes, they can relate to soap opera's and sling mud with the best, but they can't relate to anything outside their own little world.

Many think the Hogs could win 6 or 7 games next season considering returning players.  They fail to consider their opponent's and it makes me ill.   

This is a sort of self-loathing that is so unfortunate, but common in Arkansas. You, sir, are the person who truly can't relate to anything outside your own little world.

First, you feel insecure because you're from Arkansas. As a result of your insecurity, you feel the need to denigrate either yourself or your state.

Next, you realize that one way to feel better about yourself is to criticize those around you. It starts with Arkansas jokes, and ends with you being much much tougher on Arkansas than any other person from "outside that little world."

Arkansas fans are not any more "fanatical" or crazy than any other fan base. People love football and they love their state--that's going to bring passion, and that going to bring opinions you don't agree with. I've now been a part of a few football traditions, and I can assure you that even the "Yankee" that your insecurity causes you to want to be can be crazy about their sports.

Ever met a Yankees fan, ever met a Red Sox fan, ever met a Mets fan? How about a Packers fan or a Raiders fan? Ever met a Clemson fan (they're still pining for Danny Ford, DANNY FORD!!!). Sports bring out passion in people. Acting like this is somehow a problem that is special to Arkansas only reinforces my theory about your Arkansas insecurities. GROW UP! People from outside this little world might laugh when you denigrate Arkansas to make yourself look better but, believe me, it does not make them respect you any more. You hope to prove to them that you are more "high-minded" and above the typical "uneducated Arkansas"--but all you're really proving is that you have no loyalty, and that, rather than thanking God for your gifts and talents, you'd rather use them to denigrate those around you for the sake of quelling your own insecurities.

HoustonHawgGirl

What did Pacino say in Dog Day Afternoon....kiss me - kiss me - if you're going to #*#% me, kiss me....I totally feel like Dmac got screwed.  Furthermore, if he had been from say, Nebraska or Texas, he would have won.  To me, it's right back to 1994 when we won the Nat'l Championship and Sports Illustrated wasn't going to put our guys on a cover, like they did everyone else.  It's Arkansas - who cares....and that plays true again today.  And I'm not trying to take anything away from Tbow - but there is NO WAY they would have given him that trophy if Dmac had come from one of their "preferred" schools.  In my mind and in my heart - Dmac won and I'll always believe that....we don't need no stickin trophy - we know who the real winner is!!!

merccedes

Quote from: schweine on December 10, 2007, 02:43:31 pm
I don't believe Tebow will make it in the NFL like most Heisman winners.
Tebow will be a fullback in the NFL.

hogsanity

Would Tebow have been the starting Qb for every other d1 team?  Would Dmac have been the starter at Rb for every other d1 team?  I dont think Tebow would have even been the starter for every other sec team.

Also, his numbers, especially the rushing numbers, were so skewed by 1 and 2 yard td runs. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

scnbj

Cavehog

Quote from: ArkieRebel on December 10, 2007, 12:05:06 pm
It will. He has no future in the NFL. I'm sure he's a good kid but he'll turn out like Eric Crouch from Nebraska. Where is he now?

I think Jeff Long is interviewing him for our HC position...
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

94 Hawg

disappointing post biggus, you are better than that.

I'm disappointed DMac didn't win but Tebow had a great season too. The personal attack was classless.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

chirohog75

Quote from: forwhomthebelltoll on December 10, 2007, 12:24:35 pm
Quite frankly, leaving either McFadden or Tebow off a voting list is absurd. Those voters should be stripped of their voting rights.

I couldn't agree more.  I live in Florida, and have alot of Gator friends.  We all dispute who should have won the award, but one thing we do not dispute is that both of them should have been on every ballot.  While I can understand the fundamental belief that a soph should not get the award; I fail to see the logic of leaving off a junior that was the previous year's runnerup.  These voters should not be voting if they can't vote without blatantly trying to skew the results.  Vote the truth and let the trophy land where it may.