Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sorry I'm late...

Started by BattleHawg, March 23, 2005, 06:26:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BattleHawg

March 23, 2005, 06:26:02 am Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 06:29:10 am by BattleHawg
 Sorry I didn't give any commentary on the game after it was over yesterday evening.(which was the 1st inning actually)
I went to The Phillin' Station after the game and had a few drinks with a girl from Russellville. ;D 8)

But here are some of my observations from Game 1...

1) That stadium surely can't seat 1,000, I'm guessing about 600
2) I counted 8 people wearing Centenary colors or logos but I'm sure there were more.
3) It was definitely a Razorback HOME game.
4) Van Horn played 90% backups and several freshman
5) Van Horn should be our basketball & football coach also(altho' I like both HDN & Heath)
6) Our players made almost zero mistakes at anything... they looked sharp
7) A player who is quickly becoming a star and one of my favorites, Chris Hollensworth, he wears jersey #10 and is an INF
8 There is ALOT of speed on this team... Craig Gentry & Clay Goodwin are both much faster than I realized
9) Our pitching needs to improve; while not bad, it needs to improve to make a run in the SEC
10) I sat with some nice folks from El Dorado & Magnolia as I couldn't find or spot any Hogvillians  :-[
11) Our pitcher, can't remember which one, made an INCREDIBLE catch that was a line drive hit straight at his head
12) If you're going to tonite's game bring a jacket or something to keep you warm, it got chilly last nite

Those are just a few things I saw. 

Also, the Gent pitchers were responsible for about 4-5 of those 10 runs of ours.
They walked everything but a Jack Russell terrier last nite.

Last nite I met Steve Horton.  He played ball at SAU in the 70's. 
He is now the Off. Coordinator for North Caddo H.S. football -- he and his wife are really nice people.

Anyway, I hope to see HoopHog or WooPigStewie there tonite.

BattleHawg

abq