Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just back from the Game...

Started by Jefffrow, March 22, 2005, 09:09:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jefffrow

They say Centenary's stadium holds 1,000 people. If so there was 996 Hawg fans there tonight and 4 Centenary fans. Really, my daughter asked me in the third inning if there was any of "their" fans there. I looked and looked to try and find some Centenary fans and could only find 4 that were wearing anything that said Centenary. I am sure there was more that were scared to wear their colors at their own park.  They said it was the largest crowd to watch a home game at that stadium. Centenary plays LSU every year but they do it at Fairgrounds field which is a semi-pro park. The park was full with fans standing down the right field side, all dressed in Cardinal and white. A couple of Hawg calls got going and it was a great game, with the Hawgs winning with mainly freshman it appeared. I will be back tomorrow for the 3:00 game.

hogband6

I was there as well and enjoyed myself.  It truly was all Hog fans there.  I think the Centenary people looked amazed at how many people actually showed up for a game there!

Hoggam's Razor

What's the Centenary mascot....the Gents or somthing like that......i remember the only game I could every go to when I was little was the Centenary game (in basketball)............
I hate it when people complain.

Jefffrow

yea. its the Gents and the Lady Gents. That makes sense. That concession stand rocked! They were out of everything before the end of the first inning I think and the poor feller that was manning it all by himself was getting one heck of an aerobic workout. I bet he has at least one more person there today, and A LOT more food. Here to another Hawg victory!

BushHawg

Centenary beat LSU this year.  Just thought I'd throw that in.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

Jefffrow

I was kinda worried since they did beat LSU something like 6-1 just a couple of weeks ago. When I saw that it there was no starters and only Freshman and Soph's mainly playing for the Hawgs I was hoping that the Gents wouldn't jump up and bite the Hawgs. I am sure the coach would of ran out all the starters real quick if the Gents would of had a real good first or second inning and jumped ahead.

Woo Hawg

Was also at the game too and had a great time.  I think one of the few Centenary fans that decided to show up was sitting right behind me.  Actually was suprised that they had so few fans there yesterday.  We went for nacho's at the end of the 3rd and they were sold out.  Asked the guy running the concession stand what was up and he said he let all his student workers go home.  Think now I will start going to some of the Gent's games since they seemed to have so little support.