Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JBU in National Championship Game

Started by CycloneHog, March 22, 2005, 03:23:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CycloneHog

John Brown University is planning for the NAIA National Championship in Kansas City tonight.

WindyCityHog

Planning or playing.....Keep us posted.  I had a good HS friend play for JBU back in the 80's....

BushHawg

wow, I actually went to JBU for a year.  Didn't even know.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

Brett Hitman Hog

Yes, my IowaState-loving friend meant playing ...  ;D

pioneerhog

hawkeyefan17

One of my best friends in high school got a scholarship to play at John Brown University. He injured his knee his freshman year and had to give up playing ball. He currently attends the University of Arkansas.

Ever since I have kind of followed the team and I was glad to see them in the championship game. My buddy says that the Lonestar Conference (I think that is the name of their conference) is one of the toughest in NAIA.

hog_fan

hawkeyefan17

That's right thanks, hog_fan. I knew it was a conference that made it sound like JBU was in the wrong conference, I couldn't really remember.

maniax22bolts20

Playing Azuza Pacific tonight. Can anyone hear the action and update ? 92.7 Conway might have it in C.A.

hog_fan

hog_fan

March 22, 2005, 08:30:17 pm #10 Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 09:28:34 pm by hog_fan
APU-40
JBU-48

Around 8 minutes left.

Macgyver_Hawg

Thanks for keeping us posted.
Go JBU!

hogfan98

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: hogfan98 on March 22, 2005, 09:34:33 pm
JBU 48
APU 44

6:48 left.
Whew ! Getting too close for comfort. GO JBU ! 

hogfan98

hogfan98

hogfan98

hogfan98

hog_fan

Hoggam's Razor

WE WIN! a national championship for the state of Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!crikeys!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate it when people complain.

Lanny

I didn't realize John Brown had athletics. 
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

BushHawg

I watched the game on CSTV last night.  It was good to see some teams actually shoot the ball in basketball.  Good game though.  Back and forth at times.  Congrats to JBU!  I know some will say it was only the NAIA, but whatever level you play at you're trying to win it all and they did it.  Good for them.
"I love cats...I just can't eat a whole one"

hog_fan

i wondered who win between JBU and Arkansas?