Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Baseball Success

Started by litmachog, March 22, 2005, 11:03:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

litmachog

March 22, 2005, 11:03:46 am Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 02:04:08 pm by WilsonHog
We Hog fans are getting mighty excited about the Hog Baseball team.  Some of us act like we have been big supporters of the team when there are times we have hardly paid attention to them.

Here is a question for you to be honest about.

If the Hogs football team had had a 9 and 2 record and went to and won a New Years Day bowl game and the basketball team had won 23 games, finished second in the conference and lost in the Sweet Sixteen this year, would you have been this excited about the baseball team?  Or is it just that some of us are so starved for a winner that we are just flocking to the baseball team?

McKnzville

I think it is probably a combination of both. Arkansas fans will support a winner no matter what the sport.

Hog fans are needing a winner right now though, and the baseball team is producing.

3kgthog

I was ready for baseball immediately after our final out in Omaha last summer. Last season was my first year of regularly attending baseball games and I have to admit the game against Wichita St. rivaled Jones to Birmingham to Atlanta in my book.  But of course it helps that they are really good and help wash away the taste of dung left in my mouth by the football and basketball teams.   

PorcineSublime

March 22, 2005, 11:46:38 am #3 Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 06:15:10 pm by PorcineSublime
May be in a minority, but I have been a huge Hogs Baseball fan since the building of Baum. Didn't go to any games at George Cole Field, but was hooked the fist time I went to a game at Baum. Have been season ticket holder for two years now. I admit that at times I lament the band wagon jumpers. Last year and the year before, at least during the non conference schedule, you could put your feet up and kick back. No one was coming for the seats in front of you. Still the band wagion is big enough for all, so welcome aboard. We need ya. WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Amityvillehogger

I think there is three major sports at arkansas, i just keep my mouth shut.. ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

WilsonHog

If I could attend only one Razorback game a year in any sport, with comparable opponents, I choose baseball.  That started when I was a student at UA from 1981-87.  No telling how many days I spent at George Cole Field. I count the 1985 SWC Tournament in Fayetteville as one of the best Razorback memories I have.

Anybody remember Tim Dietz? I got to know him when we were freshmen at UA.  He was redshirting that year, so five or six of us went to the games together.  We were playing Texas Tech one afternoon, and this kid came in to pinch-hit for the Red Raiders.  Dietz started ragging him. "Way to be a pinch-hitter for Texas Tech.  Way to be a pinch-hitter for the worst team in the league."

About four rows above us, this guy stood up and yelled at Dietz, "Hey, that's my son. Don't talk about my son."

Dietz: "So? What do I care? He ain't my son."

Tech Dad: "You're a punk. Just a punk. That's all you are." 

To which Dietz stands up, turns around and replies:

"Way to rag. Nice rag. I've seen better rags between your wife's legs."

Less than five seconds later, Dietz was sitting by himself. Even John Benberg, the baseball player who told Lon Ferrell to suck his **** one day, was stunned. Funny thing was, it wasn't ten minutes later until Dietz and this guy were sitting beside each other laughing and talking.   

CharlieHog

Football and basketball are just ways to pass the time between baseball seasons.

WilsonHog

Quote from: HoopHog on March 22, 2005, 03:02:20 pm
Quote from: CharlieHog on March 22, 2005, 02:20:56 pm
Football and basketball are just ways to pass the time between baseball seasons.

RIGHT ON CHARLIEHOG. I KNOW you are a big baseball fan, I went to the linked website on your profile.

Hey, WilsonHog...is that the same Tim Dietz who went to Catholic High? Is he a big guy and rowdy as hell???

He's a big guy, about 6-4 or so.  I'm pretty sure he was from Tulsa.