Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A new era tonight started tonight.

Started by PigPusher, March 22, 2005, 12:01:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PigPusher

Did a little research on the game with ASU tonight.  It seems ASU has never beaten a Razorback team prior to tonight in any sport.  Is this correct?
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

chiefsfan

ASU defeated UA in Rugby earlier this year.   Now whether you count that or not is beyond me...Cause I could care less
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

maniax22bolts20

Well women's basketball twice before tonight and rugby. Those two I can think of. Needless to say this was THE EVENT in the history of women's athletics at ASU.

chiefsfan

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 22, 2005, 12:05:37 am
Well women's basketball twice before tonight and rugby. Those two I can think of. Needless to say this was THE EVENT in the history of women's athletics at ASU.

You again.... ;)
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 22, 2005, 12:08:30 am
Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 22, 2005, 12:05:37 am

You again.... ;)
Yes. This is another part time home of mine. I actually spend more time here/tribalgrounds/crimsontusks than in my car, which is a considerable amount of time. Welcome to Hogville.net and may your public address announcing skills be honed into career advancement.

chiefsfan

Funny  I had you pegged as a UALR fan...and no one can touch my PA skillz...

maniax22bolts20

My only complaint is make sure the microphones,video and PA system etc are in full working order before the game starts. Silence mid-speech and mind-rending feedback tend to spur ill comments. Only problems Sunday was the disappearing mic sound.

chiefsfan

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 22, 2005, 12:26:12 am
My only complaint is make sure the microphones,video and PA system etc are in full working order before the game starts. Silence mid-speech and mind-rending feedback tend to spur ill comments. Only problems Sunday was the disappearing mic sound.

I dont control that part...The sound system is a piece of c***  Only thing Ive got to really work on is paying attention...By the End of Sundays game  I forgot to announce batters for EIU.

That and I called them UWM  a couple of times  (I was thinking of my NCAA bracket  at best guess)

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 22, 2005, 12:20:28 am

Funny  I had you pegged as a UALR fan...and no one can touch my PA skillz...
Well I do TRY to support UALR at different events as well. I've already ripped them here multiple times this season for having NO food or drink available during recent games played  during 45 degree and below temperatures. I really hate having to defend the intelligence of the largest town in Arkansas to fans of Welldug, Kentucky(pop. 150) and Pen Pilfer,IL.

chiefsfan

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 22, 2005, 12:32:21 am
Quote from: chiefsfan on March 22, 2005, 12:20:28 am

Funny I had you pegged as a UALR fan...and no one can touch my PA skillz...
Well I do TRY to support UALR at different events as well. I've already ripped them here multiple times this season for having NO food or drink available during recent games played during 45 degree and below temperatures. I really hate having to defend the intelligence of the largest town in Arkansas to fans of Welldug, Kentucky(pop. 150) and Pen Pilfer,IL.

I'll get my first look at Curran Conway  when ASU travels down there in a couple of weeks...

maniax22bolts20

Back to subject. ASU's Lady Indians protected their house once again tonight and flat outplayed the Ladybacks. Words to the wise. KEEP BOYER ! They aren't "there" quite yet but he recruits good kids that give their all every minute on the floor. I certainly hope they triumph over Iowa on Thursday.One other thing. The kids that were able to attend tonight's game saw an event they'll never forget. Granted that can be at any random game but seeing an arena full and rocking to bursting will leave a good impression.

chiefsfan

Im betting the chances are strong of Boyer recieving another Job offer  this offseason

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 22, 2005, 12:48:10 am
Im betting the chances are strong of Boyer recieving another Job offer this offseason
ASU AD/dean etc.  should make sure he's locked into the program and happy for a few years. After tonight I bet he could name his price to them.

chiefsfan

Right now  Boyer is the most popular man in Jonesboro

WindyCityHog

Because of a women's NIT win.....Yet, I'll give Boyer his due.  He could have tried to hang 100 on the Lady'Backs tonight, but instead, he had his players just dribble the ball out.....That's the ONLY thing ASU fans have against him now.....

chiefsfan

Not just a WNIT win...but a win over Arkansas.   I think half the fans at the game  didnt even know this was a NIT second round game.

WindyCityHog

Okay....I'll give you that....The crowd was definitely anti-Arkansas, and could have cared less about the WNIT...

chiefsfan

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 22, 2005, 01:25:15 am
Okay....I'll give you that....The crowd was definitely anti-Arkansas, and could have cared less about the WNIT...

3,000 watched us beat MSU in the first round...If we play another home game  I would only expect about 4,000 and no more