Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what's the motive of the UA as far as a basketball program is.....

Started by Modsquad24, March 21, 2005, 06:35:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

concerned? It doesnt matter where I go church, work, anywhere in public for every nine fans that think we're spinning our wheels and going nowhere with Heath there's only one that still thinks Heath is the answer. So my question is this, when the majority of the state doesnt care and has loss interest is it time to pull the plug? Also, when ticket sells drop again, which you watch they will does that not hurt the uofa from a profit standpoint? I guess I don't understand the buisness ethics behind this, Thoughts?

WilsonHog

Just a guess, but I think it might have more to do with public relations at this point than anything else.  JFB is probably banking that if he does have to fire Heath next year, the bleeding won't have gotten so bad that the new coach can't stop it.

Modsquad24

to me wasting another year and the fans losing that much more interest and the arena being that much more empty isnt worth the risk, I would pull the plug now and get a high profile bball coach and start the winning and the turning back into an ncaat regular, GHG!

Macgyver_Hawg

Is it official that Heath is still here next season?  The questionnaire could have come back with no clear answers. What if the UofA is just waiting until after the tournament?

Modsquad24

We could only hope something is coming, but we probably won't get that lucky.

Extra Point

There is more to consider than just the in-state fans.  Anyone remember the flack ND caught over firing Willingham after 3 years?  If you thought that was bad, imagine how the national media would run with firing Heath, another black coach, just 3 years after firing NR.

Extra Point

Quote from: UAGrad95 on March 21, 2005, 09:51:34 pm
Face it. We're stuck with Montel and his crizzappy team another season.
Have to admit, the "Montel" reference made me bust out laughing.  Have not heard that one.

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: Extra Point on March 21, 2005, 10:05:18 pm
There is more to consider than just the in-state fans. Anyone remember the flack ND caught over firing Willingham after 3 years? If you thought that was bad, imagine how the national media would run with firing Heath, another black coach, just 3 years after firing NR.

I don't think it would be that bad in the media.  Our teams have been pretty terrible. 
In the article that ran on ESPN.com they took our stats and basically told how bad we had been since 1995.