Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WNIT pregame practice over; game next

Started by Bill_Smith, March 21, 2005, 02:31:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill_Smith

We've just posted some photos from the pregame practice for the Lady Razorbacks.  Here's the link:
http://www.ladybacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2300&ATCLID=113988

Only SRO tickets are now on sale as it looks like the Convocation Center will have only its second sell-out in building history.  The first one was when the facility opened for a men's basketball game with top 25 Memphis.

That would be at best the second largest attendance for a women's basketball game in state history, ranking behind the 14,163 when Arkansas defeated Wisconsin for the WNIT title in 1999.  Arkansas has some other five-figure games at Walton Arena, so we'll have to wait and see what the declared attendance will be.

We will be live on the radio network 6:40 (JIP from our pregame in Little Rock as usual at 7 p.m.) and live from start at LADYBACKS.COM
"Trust the people" -- Winston Churchill

V B Porkers

I do not like our coach but I wish the Lady Backs all the success against our opponents.

CharlieHog

Quote from: Bill_Smith on March 21, 2005, 02:31:31 pm
We've just posted some photos from the pregame practice for the Lady Razorbacks.  Here's the link:
http://www.ladybacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2300&ATCLID=113988

Only SRO tickets are now on sale as it looks like the Convocation Center will have only its second sell-out in building history.  The first one was when the facility opened for a men's basketball game with top 25 Memphis.

That would be at best the second largest attendance for a women's basketball game in state history, ranking behind the 14,163 when Arkansas defeated Wisconsin for the WNIT title in 1999.  Arkansas has some other five-figure games at Walton Arena, so we'll have to wait and see what the declared attendance will be.

We will be live on the radio network 6:40 (JIP from our pregame in Little Rock as usual at 7 p.m.) and live from start at LADYBACKS.COM

Bill...what do you think the attendance for this game would have been if we were hosting? Just curious.

Thanks for posting the pics. Ladybacks.com continues to be excellent.

Biggus Piggus

Bill, what's the team mood?  Do they recognize the importance of this game?
[CENSORED]!

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

S.P.A.M. Hog

I hope they go over there and TCB! Just like Elvis used to say! or something like that... I went to the UNLV game the other night. Horrible refs, having said that Sarah is an animal! I would give anything to have 6 of her on the men's team. Heck, sign her up for the football team. Herring would have no problems with her work ethic.

WPS

GO HOGS GO
Just as the dark ages passed, so will the effects of poor coaching for the last ten years. But more importantly the Razorback Nation will be unified.

The new era has begun...

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

JD_85

I think there is a great amount of pressure on all of the girls. ASU and UA both. I think UA will win but I am hoping for an upset.  :D

Extra Point

I was hoping to see some pic's from the car show!

I can't believe they could not practice until today due to a car show.  I mean, how many cars can you actually get on a basketball court?!? :o

JD_85

Quote from: Extra Point on March 21, 2005, 05:55:56 pm

I can't believe they could not practice until today due to a car show. I mean, how many cars can you actually get on a basketball court?!? :o

That's sarcasm about the court right?

Extra Point

Quote from: Jagermeister on March 21, 2005, 06:07:38 pm
Quote from: Extra Point on March 21, 2005, 05:55:56 pm

I can't believe they could not practice until today due to a car show. I mean, how many cars can you actually get on a basketball court?!? :o

That's sarcasm about the court right?
Hopefully...all I heard was that there was a car show this weekend and the teams could not practice.  Even if you moved all the bleachers back around the court, how many cars could you get in there?  I just thought it was funny when I read it over the weekend.