Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bruce Pearl and UW-Milwaukee vs. Illinois

Started by hawkeyefan17, March 19, 2005, 11:48:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeyefan17

I can't wait for this Illinois vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee game in Chicago. It will be very interesting.

While Bruce Pearl was an assisstant at Iowa in the early 1990's he turned in Illinois for illegally recruiting a kid named Deon Thomas. Illinois got in trouble and had got hit with some scholarship reductions.

Since this episode happened there has been a lot of hard feelings between Iowa and Illinois and Illinois and Bruce Pearl. A lot of people are still mad about this situation and Pearl and many people who were associated with Illinois at the time do not speak and have not spoken to each other in years.

Many Iowa and Illinois fans looked at this bracket and wondered if this match up could happen and NO ONE thought it would happen. Illinois no longer has a home court advantage in this game as a lot of UW-Milwaukee fans will make the drive and no doubt some Iowa fans will make the drive to cheer on the Panthers.

Someone will hire Bruce Pearl as their next head coach but I doubt a Big Ten school will want to touch him. A lot of people have chastised Pearl for blowing the whistle on Illinois but he did the right thing, even so some people hate him for it.

I just thought I would post this because I think it adds a lot to the attractiveness of this game and I hope people will root for UW-Milwaukee.

I picked Illinois to with the whole thing (even though I hate Illinois with a passion) but even my love for the Big Ten conference keep me from rooting against Illinois.

Man, I miss the days of the press defense.

MissKitty

March 20, 2005, 09:42:22 am #1 Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 09:49:06 am by MissKitty
 It's being reported that Mike Davis is going to Tulane, and the IU fans want Bruce Pearl BAD.  The folks in Indiana absolutely love the guy.  He spent several years coaching at Southern Indiana, where he won at least 1 Div II National Championship, and went to several Div II Final Fours.  He has ties in Indiana, and I expect him to be the next Indiana coach. 

click here

hawkeyefan17

It is being rumored that Kevin Stallings (head coach at Vanderbilt) is the leading candidate for the Indiana job. Why, I do not know. I wish Alford would get the Indiana job myself.

WilsonHog

Tulane is a dead-end job. Always has been.  Unless Davis is leaving just ahead of the firing squad, going from Indiana to Tulane makes no sense.

Jim Harris

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 20, 2005, 11:07:30 pm
Tulane is a dead-end job. Always has been. Unless Davis is leaving just ahead of the firing squad, going from Indiana to Tulane makes no sense.

Heath and Davis are probably trying to outrace each other down I-55 right now. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hogger

Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on March 19, 2005, 11:48:54 pm
I can't wait for this Illinois vs. Wisconsin-Milwaukee game in Chicago. It will be very interesting.

While Bruce Pearl was an assisstant at Iowa in the early 1990's he turned in Illinois for illegally recruiting a kid named Deon Thomas. Illinois got in trouble and had got hit with some scholarship reductions.

Since this episode happened there has been a lot of hard feelings between Iowa and Illinois and Illinois and Bruce Pearl. A lot of people are still mad about this situation and Pearl and many people who were associated with Illinois at the time do not speak and have not spoken to each other in years.

Many Iowa and Illinois fans looked at this bracket and wondered if this match up could happen and NO ONE thought it would happen. Illinois no longer has a home court advantage in this game as a lot of UW-Milwaukee fans will make the drive and no doubt some Iowa fans will make the drive to cheer on the Panthers.

Someone will hire Bruce Pearl as their next head coach but I doubt a Big Ten school will want to touch him. A lot of people have chastised Pearl for blowing the whistle on Illinois but he did the right thing, even so some people hate him for it.

I just thought I would post this because I think it adds a lot to the attractiveness of this game and I hope people will root for UW-Milwaukee.

I picked Illinois to with the whole thing (even though I hate Illinois with a passion) but even my love for the Big Ten conference keep me from rooting against Illinois.

Man, I miss the days of the press defense.

Would he be a nice grab for Arkansas to replace Heath?

hawkeyefan17

March 21, 2005, 08:17:49 am #6 Last Edit: March 21, 2005, 08:20:02 am by hawkeyefan17
I am a Heath guy but if you want the Nolan Richardson/Dr. Tom Davis style back and you don't think that Mike Anderson is an option for Arkansas, Bruce Pearl is your guy. Problem is, Tennessee might get him first.