12-0 Rose Bowl here we come WOOOOO!!
10-1 BCS BOWL
9-2 SEC West Champs and Cotton Bowl
8-3
7-4
6-5
5-6 No more Houston Hutt

Supermark101

March 19, 2005, 03:25:03 pm Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 06:58:56 pm by Supermark101
Im very exited for spring practice to start. I believe 9-2 is realistic with a much improved D and McFadden at HB. As long as we have a QB that undrstands that he doesn't have to win games for us, just not lose us games.

Lanny

The QB play will keep me interested in Spring practice.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

tophawg19

which RB'Sdo we have ready to practice .may have to work on passing a lot .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Fletch

I predict 7-4 b/c of young QB and playing at USC, Georgia, LSU and Alabama. WOW! I do hope things are on the upswing. I would love to have a program where 7-4 is a big disappointment.
I feel like $100

3kgthog

9-2 is realistic? We aren't in the Big XII, remember?

I'm reserving my feelings until after two-a-days.  If D. Howard is the starter in the first game then I will know our season is in trouble. 

Fletch

Just my opinion, but I don't know who else would be starter on opening day anyway. Nutt has never started a true freshman at the beginning of the year that I can remember. Maybe Hillis will start at TB.
I feel like $100

Supermark101

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 19, 2005, 04:09:55 pm
9-2 is realistic? We aren't in the Big XII, remember?

I hate it when people say we would be better in the Big XII. If we had joined the Big XII at the same time as the other member of the old SWC, we would have Baylor's spot. Let look at Baylor's schedule, from last year.

Buy a win #1 - 1-0
LSU - We Would still have 1 tough non-conference team to play. I say LSU cause its a rivalry game. 1-1
Buy a win #2 - 2-1
At Texas - They beat us last year 2-2
Missouri - I say we take this one at home 3-2
at Nebraska - winable game but I so hard to beat Nebraska at home. 3-3
Iowa State - Win 4-3
Texas A&M - D is better than ours we should lose 4-4
at Texas Tech - They would have broke Houston's All time passing yard in a game record playing our D last year. 4-5
at OSU - very winable but by this point, in the season, we would have found a way to blow it 4-6
Oklahoma - LOSS 4-7
See we would be 4-7 (2-6) and in last in the Big 12 South. That is worse than 5-6 (3-5) and tied for 3rd in the SEC West. Now, if we were in the Big XII North than it would be a different story, but we wouldn't.

Why is 9-2 not realistic
Buy a win #1 - 1-0
Vandy - WIN 2-0
at USC - I would LOVE us to win this but it will not happen 2-1
at Alabama - this is a winable game they lost a lot of the O and D lines 3-1
Buy a win #2 4-1
Auburn - Its at home and Auburn lost A LOT should be a win 5-1
at Georgia - winable game they lost a lot too. DJ Shockley isn't the answer for them IMO 6-1
South Carolina - The Ole ball coach as away to go to make USC a power, and its homecoming 7-1
at Ole Miss - WIN 8-1
Mississippi State - WIN at home 9-1
at LSU - still to strong 9-2

See 9-2, I'm not saying it will happen, but it is realistic.

pioneerhog

I think we shouldn't accept less than a 7-4 for Nutt to be able to stay, I think 7-4 should happen, I want 8-3 or 9-2 or even better for that matter.

tophawg19

Reith says hogs are working harder let's hope that translates into wins 7/4 this year  9/2 next yr nothing less.

OKC

I think we go 7-4, with our defense paving the way. The D will be a year older and stronger and hopefully better coached with Herring.

PorcineSublime

7-4 unless something very good/bad happens early. Could go either way.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Oklahawg

RBs in practice this spring--Kyle Payne, D'Arrius Howard, Kyle Dickerson, Peyton Hillis, Brandon Kennedy, and Farod Jackson. You'll notice this looks conspicuously like the FB depth chart...
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

NuttsSacked

I'll say it again...Bama is going to kick our ass and many others next season.  They'll win the West.

tophawg19

thanks okla . i was afraid i had heard that right . Hillis will benefit maybe a suprise will come form one of the others .

RebelliousHog

Too bad McFaddin can't go up a semester early. That's real big in Texas I've heard. Some kids finish thier credits early and go to college the 2nd semster of what would be their senior year in high school.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

tophawg19

would be nice kyle d lokked good at times last yr maybe this is his time to shine .

V B Porkers

tophawg19

you may have J.J. MEADORS with more speed . excellant kick returner .

Supermark101

5 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really cant wait till the season starts.