Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why No HD Feed KFSM?

Started by Cornhogio, March 19, 2005, 01:25:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornhogio

Just a regular feed on the HD cable channel.  NCAA Tourney would rock in HD!  Wassup?   >:(
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Cornhogio on March 19, 2005, 01:25:22 pm
Just a regular feed on the HD cable channel. NCAA Tourney would rock in HD! Wassup? >:(
CBS does not have enough High Def equipment to do all the games. Once the field gets narrowed down the games will be carried in HD, I think from the great eight on. It might be the sweet sixteen. Not sure.

Cornhogio

Nuts!  The NC State - UConn game was in HD, and then all of a sudden, the HD signal blew up, and we're back to a regular signal.  Wassup?

mikeirwin

Quote from: Cornhogio on March 20, 2005, 12:26:24 pm
Nuts! The NC State - UConn game was in HD, and then all of a sudden, the HD signal blew up, and we're back to a regular signal. Wassup?
Still a new technology. Lot's of stuff can go wrong. Not enough broadcast engineers experienced in the format.

Illinihog

Why Church Programming on KFSM INSTEAD OF TOURNEY THAT IS FREAKIN' JOKE....SOMEONE SHOULD HEAR ABOUT IT.  People should go to church instead of watching it on TV let us sports junkies enjoy the day.

Cornhogio

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 20, 2005, 02:08:49 pm
Nuts! The NC State - UConn game was in HD, and then all of a sudden, the HD signal blew up, and we're back to a regular signal. Wassup?
Still a new technology. Lot's of stuff can go wrong. Not enough broadcast engineers experienced in the format.

So a network issue or a local issue?

PorcineSublime

I think that all the networks should send their HD guys over to ABC during the FB season to intern. I do not know what they do on MNF that makes them better than the rest, but every shot seems to be in focus and well framed. When you have shot 4:3 all your life it must be hard to switch to wide screen. These guys have it down. In all fairness to NBC and Fox, since they have no local HD I cannot judge their quality. But MNF in HD makes me misty eyed. I am excited about the Final Four in HD. No one does BB like CBS and I may have to eat my words if they present an excellent HD product. I'm rambling now so........WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Cornhogio on March 20, 2005, 02:58:57 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on March 20, 2005, 02:08:49 pm

So a network issue or a local issue?
Network.
All the local stations simply pass the HD signal along. No station in Arkansas has local HD capability. That's several years away.

Cornhogio

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 20, 2005, 08:00:09 pm
Network.
All the local stations simply pass the HD signal along. No station in Arkansas has local HD capability. That's several years away.

Thanks Mike.