Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

any news on our basketball recruits?

Started by Merle Hawggard, November 14, 2007, 01:33:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Merle Hawggard

wondering about the superstar from okla..
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

Hollywood_HOGan45

Dr Swineglove

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 14, 2007, 01:38:10 pm
joyner signed

thats all ive seen

How's he looking for qualifing?
He'd be a great player to have;
hopefully he'll qualify.

Any word on the other three commits yet?
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on November 14, 2007, 01:42:02 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 14, 2007, 01:38:10 pm
joyner signed

thats all ive seen

How's he looking for qualifing?
He'd be a great player to have;
hopefully he'll qualify.

Any word on the other three commits yet?

havent heard anything on the other three players yet

i expect that they will all sign before the end of the day though

JHGiunta

I believe Andre Clark will not sign till he has a chance to make it back to Little Rock. Supposedly tomorrow

sonicbob

Per a credible source, looks right now as if Rotnei Clark is down to ORU and OSU.  The point guard we're signing from Virginia may deter him from the Hogs.  I hate this!  I was hoping to see his perimiter shooting for four years.  Things could change, but doesn't look promising at this point.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: sonicbob on November 14, 2007, 02:25:25 pm
Per a credible source, looks right now as if Rotnei Clark is down to ORU and OSU.  The point guard we're signing from Virginia may deter him from the Hogs.  I hate this!  I was hoping to see his perimiter shooting for four years.  Things could change, but doesn't look promising at this point.

what?
who told you this?

kibster

Quote from: sonicbob on November 14, 2007, 02:25:25 pm

Well,  An ESPN writer seems to think he is going to wither ORU or OSU, BUT espn is not really up on their recruiting.  I would be interested who your credible source is.   Also not quite sure who you are talking about with the Virginia player?   Fortson is from N.C. and Joyner is from the West Coast by way of Mississippi.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

sonicbob

The point guard I mentioned is Fortson, just got the wrong state.  Sorry! 

The source has deep AAU ties and is very connected.

Hogginitall

Quote from: sonicbob on November 14, 2007, 03:15:12 pm
The point guard I mentioned is Fortson, just got the wrong state.  Sorry! 

The source has deep AAU ties and is very connected.

I'll believe that when I see him sign with one of those and say that it came down to those two.  Until then, I don't believe your source at all.   :razorback:

HootieHaterfromALA

HootieHaterfromALA

Hollywood_HOGan45

that news is totally opposite of what i've been hearing but i guess we'll see.

sonicbob

No, just a Hog fan and I'm only telling what I was told at 1:30 today.  He is usually very accurate but he could miss on this one.  We'll have to wait and see.

I have a friend who is a Head Coach in the Big 12 and I know when Rotnei eliminated his school he told Coach Pelphrey he'd help us with him if he could.  I'll see if I can find out anything from that angle.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: sonicbob on November 14, 2007, 03:34:08 pm
No, just a Hog fan and I'm only telling what I was told at 1:30 today.  He is usually very accurate but he could miss on this one.  We'll have to wait and see.

I have a friend who is a Head Coach in the Big 12 and I know when Rotnei eliminated his school he told Coach Pelphrey he'd help us with him if he could.  I'll see if I can find out anything from that angle.

that would be a shame if he went to oru

and osu just now got in on him.

I figured if he came down two weeks in a row, we would at least be in his final two.

Ive heard the total opposite of what you're hearing but you never can tell.

at this point im ready for it to be over with.

h0gfan6

Not to be rude in any regard, but all the news I've heard speaks different than yours Sonic.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on November 14, 2007, 03:46:31 pm
Quote from: sonicbob on November 14, 2007, 03:34:08 pm

that would be a shame if he went to oru

and osu just now got in on him.

I figured if he came down two weeks in a row, we would at least be in his final two.

Ive heard the total opposite of what you're hearing but you never can tell.

at this point im ready for it to be over with.

Why would he come for an official visit to the Red/White game and then come back for an UNOFFICIAL visit for the West Florida game if he wasn't going to put us in his top two?  That just doesn't make sense to me.  Therefore, I don't believe that it's coming down to ORU/OSU.  I think it will come down to ORU/U of A, and he should/hopefully choose the U of A.

sonicbob

I hope your right and I'm wrong.  I would love to watch him knock down the outside jumper for four years.

I was hoping his grandmother would get us over the hump.  These things can change on a minutes notice.  Let's hope for the best.

The_Bionic_Pig

November 14, 2007, 07:23:40 pm #18 Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 07:41:05 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Let me update ya before this gets out of hand..... Rontnie as of tonight has not eliminated Arkansas in fact I would say we are very much the front runners for his signature.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*